Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Mnoba posted:

Breakfast for me this morning, really filled me up.

:frogdunce:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

drinking some Cafe bustelo though :coffee:

You know what's going on.

The Del Taco breakfast toasted wrap with bacon is pretty primo. They put hashbrowns up in there with pico and a boat ton of cheese. So good. And I'm a snob so I take it to go and make some Cafe Bustelo at home.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Hardees breakfast is better than I would have expected.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Subway does have a passable breakfast in the form of the flat bread with meat eggs and cheese (shredded cheddar) and then a stack of veggies. I was partial to spinach, onion, tomato, jalapeno and banana peppers plus salt and pepper. But I literally had a Subway in the same parking lot as my old job and everything else was a drive away.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Mnoba posted:

What is that yellow thing haha

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Hardees breakfast is better than I would have expected.

Yeah it's pretty good. Even just a regular ol sausage egg and cheese biscuit is pretty good. Dunno if they still have it but there used to be the loaded omelette biscuit that was just bacon and stuff cooked up inside of scrambled eggs, slapped on a biscuit with a slice of cheese that was pretty good too.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Standard homemade breakfast: a plate of grits, scrambled eggs, and sausage, with a mug of Irish breakfast tea, milk, and sugar
Standard diner breakfast: French toast, scrambled eggs, and sausage, coffee with milk & sugar
Lazy commute breakfast: DD sweet black pepper bacon wake-up wrap, medium coffee with milk & sugar
Lazy in-office breakfast: plain Cheerios with milk, coffee with milk & sugar
Bodega breakfast for when I'm doing laundry: turkey bacon, egg, and cheese on a croissant, large coffee with milk & sugar

As long as there's coffee/tea with milk & sugar, the rest is pretty flexible.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 4, 2020

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I'm staying in a La Quinta for a few days and should have access to palatable breakfast foods at no additional expense.

Im hoping for more than just juice n toast and cereal but as long as the coffee is hot I dont really care.

Japanese eye
Jun 27, 2018

by Reene

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

in new england there is no wawa but there IS cumbie's aka cumberland farms, and they have extremely good coffee in my opinion

i like to keep it classic and get a ham egg and cheese on english at dunkin donuts myself

Dutchess > Dunkins

youre
Dec 30, 2019

couldnt give a gently caress about breakfast. it's the worst.

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I got the fried chicken McGriddle the other day and it was pretty tasty, although McGriddles always leave a weird film on my teeth.

Just get it on the english muffin or whatever, and I don't care what anyone says you won't convince me its the same chicken as the normal day menu chicken, the breakfast one is spicier (and don't even tell me about mayo, its all got mayo).

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Gonna get a bagel soon op

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Bojangles has the best biscuits anywhere, fast food or no. The ham biscuit is A+ with super salty country ham. Their sausage is just okay though. Wish you could get McDonald’s sausage on a Bojangles biscuit.

My exterminator guy who looks like he knows a thing or two about ff breakfast told me One Wierd Trick which was to get a $1.50 McDonald’s sausage biscuit/hash brown combo and put the hasbrown inside the biscuit. Haven’t tried it yet but it definitely sounded like a pro-tier move. No idea how that guy managed to still fit under houses.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Bojangles cajun filet biscuit is maybe my favorite fast food breakfast at the moment.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Karatela posted:

Just get it on the english muffin or whatever, and I don't care what anyone says you won't convince me its the same chicken as the normal day menu chicken, the breakfast one is spicier (and don't even tell me about mayo, its all got mayo).

Yeah it’s definitely not the McChicken patty. The breading is different, it’s clearly a continuous slice of breast meat rather than a formed patty.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Mnoba posted:

poor spinz :smith:

We need to get her some quick and easy breakfast recipes.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The McDonalds app had a coupon for a free hot or iced coffee (any size) with the purchase of a chicken sandwich. 3 bucks and change total. Not bad at all.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Japanese eye posted:

Dutchess > Dunkins

never heard of it, never seen one, therefore doesn't exist, sorry pal I don't make the rules

also just pure lol if you think I'd drive even one extra minute out of the way while sitting in the traffic hell interface just to go somewhere that isn't dunky. convenience is king of fast food binch

Apathy420
May 18, 2017

by Cyrano4747
currently in the middle of slamming a coffee and throwing back handfuls of cigarette butts to power my disgusting body through today

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
2/$4 sausage egg and cheese McMuffin is p solid imo

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
It was I think 2 summers ago when McDonalds was doing $1 McGriddles through the app (or it may have been a generic "any large sandwich" deal actually). I was in the middle of a kitchen renovation at the time so yeah QUITE a few McGriddles were had!!

My current fave breakfast deal is 2 croissanwiches + hashbrowns + coffee for $4 at Burger King. I don't think it's in the app but they're always sending an excess of those physical coupon sheets in the mail. I've started mixing and matching and adding the ham version into the rotation, it's good.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Feb 5, 2020

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Can't lie, Burger King croissanwiches or however they spell them always gently caress up my stomach in a way that other fast food breakfast items don't.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
BK breakfast is pure hell for human assholes, it has been true since the beginning of time

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Wendys/status/1225073107297280000

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Yeah it’s definitely not the McChicken patty. The breading is different, it’s clearly a continuous slice of breast meat rather than a formed patty.

I've eaten two of them now and it was definitely a formed patty both times. It was also definitely spicier than I expect from McDonald's spicy chicken - I think it's spicier than the Cajun Filet at BoJangles strangely.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

TheAardvark posted:

I've eaten two of them now and it was definitely a formed patty both times. It was also definitely spicier than I expect from McDonald's spicy chicken - I think it's spicier than the Cajun Filet at BoJangles strangely.

Hmm, I was pretty hungover when I had it so I wasn’t paying the best attention. I guess it’s time for a second sampling.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

sean10mm posted:

Can't lie, Burger King croissanwiches or however they spell them always gently caress up my stomach in a way that other fast food breakfast items don't.

Last time I had BK breakfast, it was wicked salty. I didn't even finish the croissanwhich.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Mnoba posted:

i meant to ask, what the gently caress is this? it looks like either extremely stale churros or slim jims with an old cheese wonton.

this post makes my heart hurt

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

YeahTubaMike posted:

i meant to ask, what the gently caress is this? it looks like either extremely stale churros or slim jims with an old cheese wonton.

I've seen that posted a few times in the past few days. It looks like someone put beef sticks and a pepperoncini in a dehydrator.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I think it’s carrots and a lemon

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've seen that posted a few times in the past few days. It looks like someone put beef sticks and a pepperoncini in a dehydrator.

You know of the legends of WIFE NO COOK GOOD and I can safely say I got a few of whatever those are lying around the house. Will try and figure out what they are empirically (by leaving them on the porch).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wendys is pretty much the only fast food place with good bacon so their breakfast should be good.

Although I do think it is weird that they're acting like they've never done breakfast before when they used to and stopped for whatever reason.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

I have had Wendy's breakfast. I used to live in one of their test markets. ALL HAIL HONEY-BUTTER-CHICKEN-BISCUIT!

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Oh god

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I had no idea any Wendy's had breakfast at any point, never seen one that served it

A honey butter chicken biscuit does sound delicious

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

It is the best FF breakfast I have ever had. I was SO sad when I moved away from the area that had that one Wendy's. It's a fluffy biscuit with their chicken - grilled, homestyle, or spicy - and HONEY SAUCE. You can also add cheese if you're into that. I never did.

Edit for this protip: Do spicy chicken on it or add pepper for a little kick. HANDS DOWN best ever.

Zoesdare fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 6, 2020

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

My exterminator guy who looks like he knows a thing or two about ff breakfast told me One Wierd Trick which was to get a $1.50 McDonald’s sausage biscuit/hash brown combo and put the hasbrown inside the biscuit. Haven’t tried it yet but it definitely sounded like a pro-tier move. No idea how that guy managed to still fit under houses.

The real move is to do this with a double cheeseburger.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Zoesdare posted:

Edit for this protip: Do spicy chicken on it or add pepper for a little kick. HANDS DOWN best ever.

I would eat the hell outta that breakfast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

kumba posted:

I had no idea any Wendy's had breakfast at any point, never seen one that served it

A honey butter chicken biscuit does sound delicious

Whataburger does a honey butter chicken biscuit that’s pretty decent