Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
whataburger is garbage trash and i would have some choice words about the stateof texas as well but this is not the forum for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I remember Panda Express being terrible and didn't go for years, then a new one opened up and most students insisted it was good despite me berating them about it.

I went there and it was fine. Nothing special but definitely better that it was.

They're not very common here but when I did have it it was so terrible I literally wished I had eaten mall foodcourt chinese instead. It's cool if other people like it but man it was the blandest poo poo to me.

E: man I should post a mall foodcourt thread later tonight.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I really dislike Five Guys because every time I go in there there are four or less guys working there. I just wanna have lunch with five guys, why is this so hard?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Honky Dong Country posted:

E: man I should post a mall foodcourt thread later tonight.

Hell yeah. One of my fave quick places to eat is in a mall food court.

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

jimmy john's is not good except the jalapeno chisp

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Giedroyc posted:

There's a UK chain called Wimpy that advertise a 'pork bender' and 'bender in a bun'. I'm surprised there hasn't been a twitter boycott yet... mainly because the food is poo poo.

Whats wrong with a pork bender?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Resting Lich Face posted:

Hell yeah. One of my fave quick places to eat is in a mall food court.

Yeah I think it would be good. I got some stuff with friends tonight but afterward I'll post it. Let the foodcourt Chinese and Sbarro energies flow.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
The fifth guy, codename The Jackal, only comes out when there's a category 5 burgerstorm.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
earl of sandwich is problematic from a naming and food perspective

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

I once read an article in Thrillist that claimed krispy krunchy chicken was better than KFC and singing it's praises as an underground favorite. I tried it once. It is the worst fried chicken, with cold fries and the honey bun is a biscuit with a literal glob of honey on it that will suck all the moisture out of your body.

I don't love KFC, but at least it isn't that.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Zoesdare posted:

I once read an article in Thrillist that claimed krispy krunchy chicken was better than KFC and singing it's praises as an underground favorite. I tried it once. It is the worst fried chicken, with cold fries and the honey bun is a biscuit with a literal glob of honey on it that will suck all the moisture out of your body.

I don't love KFC, but at least it isn't that.

Yeah don't eat that poo poo. The best chicken around here (rural Virginia) is at like two local gas stations that just bread and fry up chicken and they're both really drat good. You just swing by and take home a box of chicken and some biscuits maybe. But you can see them bring out the chicken, bread it, all that stuff right there in front of you.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
There wasn't a place I legitimately hated until last summer, when I tried Krystal in the southern United States.

Do their hamburger sliders always smell rancid, or did I just get lucky? Either way, I was gagging at the first bite. Threw it all away.

Don't go to Krystal.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'm glad I gave wendy's a second chance because the first time the nuggets tasted like old shoes. I had my friend try one and asked if they were normal and he said "no, they taste like old shoes".

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'm glad I gave wendy's a second chance because the first time the nuggets tasted like old shoes. I had my friend try one and asked if they were normal and he said "no, they taste like old shoes".

Lollin at you getting owned by Wendy's nuggets.

Spicy Chicken sandwich, my man. Bonus points if you get the combo with chili and put the weird chili sauce both in the chili and on the sandwich.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
You'd think with such a huge menu, something at Sonic would be good. But life is full of surprises.

Summer drink spot only.

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

subway is my worst, the smell of a subway is an instant appetite killer. gas stations with a subway in them = barfsville

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

rear end cobra posted:

whataburger is garbage trash and i would have some choice words about the stateof texas as well but this is not the forum for that

It's not a terrible burger but it is way, way more expensive than it has to be, a combo is like 2x the price of In n Out for roughly the same quality of burg

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
ain't arguing, but i don't get the subway hate. they're just (overpriced) sandwiches. maybe because i stick to cold cuts?

wendy's burgers is what sucks. they don't taste horrible but they're weirdly mushy, and guaranteed to give me stomach aches. (long time ago when i was a kid, and wendy's was more of a diner and childs menus came with crayons, their stuff was actually great, afair)

their chicken sandwiches are still fine, though.

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

Burger King is loving garbage food that any adult shouldn’t eat.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Inverse posted:

I think their fries are more crispy than McDonald's, also their double cheeseburgers are better.

My main gripe against BK is that they are primarily Ketchup/Mayo rather than Ketchup/Mustard. But that can be fixed with simple substitution when you order.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Inverse posted:

their artificial grilled flavoring used to be more convincing

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Rinkles posted:

ain't arguing, but i don't get the subway hate. they're just (overpriced) sandwiches. maybe because i stick to cold cuts?

the quality of the meats is poo poo tier. you should have higher standards

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I will cop to ordering from subway occasionally when I'm working a contract and need something loving asap. When I have to resort to this I get turkey, ham. and roast beef with pepper jack on wheat, toasted, with a little ranch, lettuce, spinach, black olives, and red onions.

It's not the best thing in the world but it's doable when you need a quick lunch at work later and you weren't prepared to bring your own.

E: I should say that I do my absolute very best to bring my own lunch in these scenarios because the above is absolutely the worst case option imo

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

if you live in the south with the publix grocery store, even their premade sandwiches are 10x better than subway, no reason to enter a subway unless you're working your way up the sandwich artist ladder

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Crusty Nutsack posted:

the quality of the meats is poo poo tier. you should have higher standards

fair, but to me the ham isn't that important to a decent grilled sandwich

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Macasaurus posted:

if you live in the south with the publix grocery store, even their premade sandwiches are 10x better than subway, no reason to enter a subway unless you're working your way up the sandwich artist ladder

I live in the south and publix still isn't all that common where I am. And even a lovely subway sub is better than a garbage 7-11 sub.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i remember one time i had the day off on my birthday and i wasnt going to meet up with anyone for quite a few hours and had been living pretty healthy at the time. i thought "man, i havent had burger king in forever, i'll get that for lunch and chill out and watch some dumb movie." i was really excited up until i got home and opened the bag and gave it a whiff. immediately was turned off of the whole thing, dumped the entire order in the trash. i watched the movie anyways, but went out on a empty stomach and got too shitfaced with friends way too fast that i was passed out by like 9pm.

gently caress burger king.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

gently caress burger king.

and they all seem to have those awful "freestyle" soda machines

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

never trust freestyle machines, just get normal sodas from those deceitful abominations

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
*boomer standing in front of the freestyle machine for 10 minutes trying to operate the screen*

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

never trust freestyle machines, just get normal sodas from those deceitful abominations

not always, but they can gently caress those up too

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

who the gently caress actually likes panera bread

show yourselves! cowards!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
also chick-fil-a's food is decent but they're a comically horrible company and i do not understand why they attract the insane, cultish devotion they do beyond "dogwhistle fundie bullshit"

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Rinkles posted:

not always, but they can gently caress those up too

No yeah for sure. I've had times where it still squirts the leftovers of some other idiot that was still clinging to the nozzel into your drink and it does make enough of a difference to fuxk up your drink. Screw those freestyle fountains forever.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

also chick-fil-a's food is decent but they're a comically horrible company and i do not understand why they attract the insane, cultish devotion they do beyond "dogwhistle fundie bullshit"

Please don't do the political fast food thing. We all know fast food companies are evil pricks. I'm pretty sure there's now a forum rule against this kind of thing.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
I never heard of them before I moved to Washington, but Taco Time is loving garbage. Imagine Taco Bell, but so much blander, and overcooked; like, crispy and dry.

Also, not technically fast food, but Buffalo Wild Wings is probably the worst food I've ever had someone else make for me. And I dearly love Taco Bell, so it's not like I can't appreciate trashy food.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Thanatosian posted:

I never heard of them before I moved to Washington, but Taco Time is loving garbage. Imagine Taco Bell, but so much blander, and overcooked; like, crispy and dry.

Also, not technically fast food, but Buffalo Wild Wings is probably the worst food I've ever had someone else make for me. And I dearly love Taco Bell, so it's not like I can't appreciate trashy food.

I agree BWWs garbage. Always get local chicken wings.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Please don't do the political fast food thing. We all know fast food companies are evil pricks. I'm pretty sure there's now a forum rule against this kind of thing.

the problem is that if you're discussing CFA it's very very hard to divorce that from their food, because that's like 75% of why people either do or do not go there

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

When I lived in Hampton Roads there were two good wing places. Calz owned hard, and so did Wing King. gently caress BWW and any of the chain pizza joint sub-par wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the problem is that if you're discussing CFA it's very very hard to divorce that from their food, because that's like 75% of why people either do or do not go there

I get this but please understand that this forum explicitly is not interested in that poo poo and maybe you should knock it off itt