Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Press screen to choose
Wawa
Sheetz
I drink gasoline
View Results

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
sorry I can’t make it in, ive got the sheetz :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I’m a Wawa man myself

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I've never had Sheetz, but I live in Wawa country so...

They do burritos and quesadillas now, and they're not half bad IMO.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
“Half bad” is the perfect way to describe 2/3 of WaWa’s menu

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Do PA wawa's have alcohol yet, because Sheetz does.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

nvm, looks like wawa won at least two liquor licenses at an auction??

God, PA liquor laws are stupid as gently caress.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
PA is an incredibly stupid state full of impossibly stupid people bookended by two extremely cool cities

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

kittenmittons posted:

Do PA wawa's have alcohol yet, because Sheetz does.

PA has had some difficulty moving past the repeal of the XVIIIth Amendment.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

PA is an incredibly stupid state full of impossibly stupid people bookended by two extremely cool cities

I live in Central PA and I am literally pointless.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Never gonna drink it because I'm not a beer person but I love that sheetz has its own beer, that they were like "yeah this is what we need now, official sheetz brand beer"

Bust Rodd posted:

What are the two cities?

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Never gonna drink it because I'm not a beer person but I love that sheetz has its own beer, that they were like "yeah this is what we need now, official sheetz brand beer"

What are the two cities?

Erie and Allentown.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Philly and Pittsburgh are both worth a visit, Pittsburgh maybe somewhat less so but still very cool.

Allentown is literally a haunted house version of a town. Eerie PA isn’t real it exists only in movies and TV, like Scranton. No one is really from there and if they tell you they are, run as fast as you can.

Seriously driving from Philly to Pittsburgh is a loving TRIP because central PA is like the Deep South but without any of its redeeming qualities.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

Allentown is literally a haunted house version of a town.

Don't worry, we put up the PPL Center so now we're a haunted house version of a town with an arena. :downs:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Lancaster is pretty cool and Hershey seems like it'd be worth a visit. Pittsburgh has good places, too, both in and around. Also the big mac was invented in Pittsburgh though it was really just mcdonald's knocking off eat n park's signature burger though that's irrelevant to wawa and sheetz.

Then there's Centralia which is just dead and also on fire

I live in Johnstown though where I can safely say that the biggest thing to happen to this town in years is that the video game Night in the Woods takes place in a town based on a mix of this place, Greensburg, and Altoona, all of which are sheetz places.

I wish Justin McElroy was still doing his "Things I Bought At Sheetz" series.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Feb 18, 2020

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

FirstAidKite posted:

Lancaster is pretty cool and Hershey seems like it'd be worth a visit. Pittsburgh has good places, too, both in and around. Also the big mac was invented in Pittsburgh though it was really just mcdonald's knocking off eat n park's signature burger though that's irrelevant to wawa and sheetz.

Then there's Centralia which is just dead and also on fire

I live in Johnstown though where I can safely say that the biggest thing to happen to this town in years is that the video game Night in the Woods takes place in a town based on a mix of this place, Greensburg, and Altoona, all of which are sheetz places.

I wish Justin McElroy was still doing his "Things I Bought At Sheetz" series.

My first experience with Sheetz was at the Richland Twp location when I was a student at UPJ. This was back when the Richland Mall existed, and they had 2/$1 chili-cheese dogs. They were tasty. Not the same character as Coney Island, but good on a tight budget.

(edit 1) VVV(1981)VVV

(edit 2) One of the signature charms of Coney Island was the bevy of plus-sized serving ladies with floppy arms, who would line up six or more bunned hot dogs on their bare forearms & prep them before serving. That may have been a factor in their closing. The last time I was there (2002) they had, uh, ceased that practice & just prepped them on the counter.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 18, 2020

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Night in the Woods is loving great.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

PainterofCrap posted:

My first experience with Sheetz was at the Richland Twp location when I was a student at UPJ. This was back when the Richland Mall existed, and they had 2/$1 chili-cheese dogs. They were tasty. Not the same character as Coney Island, but good on a tight budget.

Oh jeeze that'd be back in like the early 90s I think, that's when I'm told the Richland Mall shut down. Coney Islan'd still around, never been to it though. There was a period of time where they closed down and I'm not sure what happened but something happened and they reopened and they're still selling their stuff. Maybe I'll try it out sometime, idk.

I've only been around here since 2009, officially moved here in 2012. They didn't have 2/$1 chili-cheese dogs but they did have 3/$1 plain hot dogs but I already talked about the whole "thanks sheetz for letting me buy 3 hot dogs for cheap when I was homeless" stuff.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

kittenmittons posted:

Night in the Woods is loving great.

Yeah too bad one of the devs killed themselves for being a sex creep

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I will forever be a Wawa homer. The pretzels are a great snack

But after moving to Texad, Buc-ees is the greatest and makes Wawa look like a 7/11. I wish Bucees sold pretzels tho

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Wawa's breakfast sandwiches are so much better than the sad poo poo Sheetz sells. I've tried breakfast at Sheetz a few times and it has been total garbage every single time.

I don't even know how you gently caress up egg, sausage, and cheese in a biscuit that bad.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

FirstAidKite posted:

Lancaster is pretty cool and Hershey seems like it'd be worth a visit.

Lancaster city is really nice

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I know that it’s so basic as to barely register as a sandwich, but getting an everything bagel with veggie cream cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, and spinach at WaWa at like 10 o clock at night when you’re drinking and you need a pick me up, man oh man mmmm MMMMMM that’s good eatin

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

new jersey wawas have liquor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

OFFICER LIGER posted:

new jersey wawas have liquor.

Where? I think it's a county-by-county thing.

None of the Wawas south of Trenton do.

I live within sight of a Wawa in Gloucester County.