Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

projecthalaxy posted:

I was watching TV and i saw this ad for a cartoon dog show and for some reason became so angry that I smashed all my possessions with issue hobnailed boots and issue ax handle and threw them in the incinerator.

Was the cartoon dog diving, recreationally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

the cat

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What the gently caress? Why is he on land?!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Those scooby doos! They get me so angry.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

to think the domain of the SEA PATROL ends at the water's edge - a fatal error

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Coming soon: LAND PATROL. An offender is caught driving a car with non-regulation custom headlight colors. The penalty? Summary execution.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Coming soon: LAND PATROL. An offender is caught driving a car with non-regulation custom headlight colors. The penalty? Summary execution.

lmao

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"My tiny metallic briefcase! NO!"

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I haven’t been in the ocean in probably 7 years and live thousands of miles from the nearest ocean, but I’m pretty sure Ive committed at least three death-worthy crimes today according to this guy’s criteria.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
its fun to pee in your wetsuit

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I love how Sea Patrol started out as kind of a bargain-basement ragtag band and quickly ballooned into this massive 1950s sci-fi powerhouse, full of rayguns and backpack-helicopters and even a four-armed genetically-engineered Sea Patrol operative. (Edit: actually, I think he was somehow blessed by Krishna or some other weird handwave-y Hindu magic?)

Mind, the authoritarianism was always there--they just went from murdering dudes with makeshift weapons like nail guns to committing war crimes with disintegrator guns.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Apr 11, 2020

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A SELF CONTAINED UNDERWATER BREATHING APPARATUS INTO MY MOUTH. ITS SEA PATROL AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, SEA PATROL. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I NAIL GUN SOME RECREATIONAL DIVING BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXY’S MOST DANGEROUS MOLLUSKS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY DIVING CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN DIVING CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE SCOOBY DOOS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE DISINTEGRATIONS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY SEA MORE FASCIST BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORning

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

the sea patrol guy has polluted wikipedia with his lovely renders and you run into them in articles related to weapons or equipment that show up in sea patrol

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Who What Now posted:

because gently caress you that's why

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Practice for when the sea level rises.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Smells like sea bacon in here

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Hhhheeeeeeeelllll yeeeahhhhh

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Sea patrol is not good, it's great!

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018

BattleMaster posted:

the sea patrol guy has polluted wikipedia with his lovely renders and you run into them in articles related to weapons or equipment that show up in sea patrol

he also wrote wikipedia articles about his frogman murder fantasies: Anti-frogman techniques
lol at all the citation needed and unreliable tags

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Can someone like archive Appleyard's stuff? I thought the site was down for good but it's back this time and IDK for how long. I'd how to use archive.org but im trying my damndest

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
LAND PATROL better crack down on this flipper wearing freaks trespassing on their turf

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
KEEP DIVING THEY CAN'T CATCH US ALL

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

because gently caress you that's why

This latest season of Sea Patrol is just getting ridiculous. Rocket Packs? This isn't why I tune in. What ever happened to just plain ol' hobnail boots and underwater clubbings?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Manky Tungeon posted:

he also wrote wikipedia articles about his frogman murder fantasies: Anti-frogman techniques
lol at all the citation needed and unreliable tags

"Judo throws and similar are unlikely to work underwater.[citation needed]"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

quote:

"Not quite the end." I said, "We busted 'is cottage later. Enough kit for fifty scoobie-doos that 'e'd bricked up in a cellar in too much of an 'urry to dry it. Damp weather and we 'adn't the time to lay it out to dry. Our Big Burnup Machine needed some 'elp, there was too many wet wetsuits and damp stab-jackets and three fibreglass boats in its load. That sort of job's why our transportable incinerator's got that big propane tank to 'elp. I remember all too well the stale diving gear smell and mouse and rat nests when we were barrowing that lot out and shovelling it in. We're cleaning out all those furtive scoobie dens since the new law came in, even if we've got to go to the back end of Upper Cowshit Pasture Lane Ends Cottages to bust them.".

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Wikipedia (the on-line encyclopedia) in Anglo-Saxon

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
"Dementors", a Harry Potter story: someone else started it and I completed it; set largely on Azkaban .

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Pictured: Sea Patrol and the Spacemen have slain Peter Griffin

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Putty posted:

Pictured: Sea Patrol and the Spacemen have slain Peter Griffin

Backrow: Me, toting my huge dong around in the SeaPatrol Dong-mobile

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I expect a sky patrol sequel with helicopter packs and threateningly large shears for chopping off 'chutes from those goddang chuties

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Appleyard's website archived by yours truly, I think. (If something isn't archived plz add it as you browse.

Putty fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 12, 2020

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

It's not the Though Police you have to worry about.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

those have got to be hot
...and squeaky

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
The dead eyed stare of the south-England sea fascist

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
lmao

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
gently caress me this is choice poo poo

quote:

Some of the kit was a surprise. One day on the fort's quay one of the trainers showed us a two-handled gun-like tool nearly two feet long. Its body was a 5-inch-diameter cylinder with rounded ends, with a thick barrel a bit over 5 inches long. "Teargas squirter likeliest or something." I thought, "I know one thing that it won't be: it's well enough known why they're impossible in the real world, and never mind that small radioactivity warning sign on it to look scary.".

"Now look at this, all of you!" he said. He picked it up and aimed it up a wall at an old wall plaque that was out of reach for us to remove it without scaffolding. A hot beam came out of the barrel, shown by a luminous track in the air. The plaque came off in a shower of sparks as if blowtorched. It left melted holes in the brickwork. Some of us made surprised noises. He explained: soon before, a Government secret new discovery was starting to turn rayguns from space story stuff into all too efficient effective reality. Here are 18 of our men marching with them; but they needed more development.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the loving axe handles are the best part.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I would like to know more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i want to know what happened to the giant goose