Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
there's a pizza chain in oregon called Pizza Schmizza. they're p. dece

i had mod pizza several years ago and found it distinctly sub-par. disappointing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Zippy the Bummer posted:

the meat-lovers Pizza Hut za is pretty good

I dislike any meat-lovers pizza because I think it tastes better if you mix the rich fatty meat with some veg (or even fruit!!!), the contrast of flavors and textures works better together than stacking multiple salty meats together.

Pepperoni and pickled pepperoncini

Sausage and bell pepper and onion

Bacon and ham and pineapple

I will eat a meat lovers pizza if offered, because it's still pizza so it's still good, but I have never ordered one and never will.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Detroit Pizza from Pizza Hut… miss it already.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I dislike any meat-lovers pizza because I think it tastes better if you mix the rich fatty meat with some veg (or even fruit!!!), the contrast of flavors and textures works better together than stacking multiple salty meats together.

I will eat a meat lovers pizza if offered, because it's still pizza so it's still good, but I have never ordered one and never will.

fair points

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

WITCHCRAFT posted:

:same:

I don't see the point of throwing on a ton of meat. I think one is enough with some other veggies. All of the pizzas I order have 2 toppings.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I remember Papa Gino's being S tier but I haven't had it in like 20 years or something.

Jet's spicy pepperoni by itself puts it above most chains too. Their barbecue pizza has bacon on it standard which elevates it above everybody else.

My Hot Take is that California Pizza Kitchen is actually surprisingly good if you skip the pretentious gimmick pizzas and ignore how wildly overpriced they are. So I'd never buy one but if someone else is paying it's fine.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Biowarfare posted:

i'm curious what thoughts are on 7-11 pizza

It's not good, but it's cheap

Would eat again

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Chief McHeath posted:

https://i.imgur.com/Bwg3hqd.mp4

I'm sorry, I'm trying to delete it.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
had some papa johns tonight for the 1st time ever it was pretty drat epic. some other goon bought it and it was bbq chicken & some other poo poo. also got some wings and cheese stick things. basically a big feast. overall id say real good. still ruminating on tier tho

it made me thirsty as gently caress tho we are talking mega salt levels i think. filled up my big stein with ice water :cheersdoge:

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
takeout pizza is always salty as hell

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Domino's
Pizza hut
Papa john's.

I won't eat little caesars because it sucks too much.

Also fully in agreement on mixing up toppings, not all meat. In fact I'd get all veg before eating a pizza with just meat on it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smythe posted:

had some papa johns tonight for the 1st time ever it was pretty drat epic. some other goon bought it and it was bbq chicken & some other poo poo. also got some wings and cheese stick things. basically a big feast. overall id say real good. still ruminating on tier tho

it made me thirsty as gently caress tho we are talking mega salt levels i think. filled up my big stein with ice water :cheersdoge:

I've never heard anyone say this about papa john's in my life before.

I just got their stuffed crust a few weeks ago. No idea why. I always try poo poo I don't like over a long period of time. Like the McRib. I get the McRib once a year and realize why I only get it once a year.

Big Beef City posted:

Domino's
Pizza hut
Papa john's.

I won't eat little caesars because it sucks too much.

Also fully in agreement on mixing up toppings, not all meat. In fact I'd get all veg before eating a pizza with just meat on it.

Do you have Topper's by you? I've gotten it just a few times and got it last night and it's pretty drat good. I don't think it's across the US though. Maybe just the midwest.

----------------

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I THINK there's one in town, possibly attached to it's own wing place? Maybe a second one hiding somewhere?
Never been though, no.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Jet's is real fuckin good

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

yikes! posted:

duno wot this is

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Smythe posted:

duno wot this is

it's big n square pizza

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Aardvark! posted:

it's big n square pizza

maybe add the giant square pizza they had in elementary school to the tier list ?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smythe posted:

maybe add the giant square pizza they had in elementary school to the tier list ?

https://i.imgur.com/3OaGhlm.mp4

----------------

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Smythe posted:

why would you do this?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Smythe posted:

the single serve little circle pizzas were the one everyone hooted and hollered about in my school

the square pizza was available every day, and was often better than whatever the meal of the day was

but man, them lil circle pizzas

Red Baron frozen deep dish pizzas are pretty close to the "real thing" in both form and quality of ingredients.

During the current Plague Year school times, I've been trying to have "school lunch" at home at least once a week for WITCHCRAFT Jr. in between his zoom meetings. It's one of the things he was really sad about missing at the start of the school year.

The Red Baron pizzas and Tyson chicken patties are the clear winners. They are really close to an actual school hot lunch, both the good an bad parts of said meal.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

WITCHCRAFT posted:

During the current Plague Year school times, I've been trying to have "school lunch" at home at least once a week for WITCHCRAFT Jr. in between his zoom meetings. It's one of the things he was really sad about missing at the start of the school year.

The Red Baron pizzas and Tyson chicken patties are the clear winners. They are really close to an actual school hot lunch, both the good an bad parts of said meal.

:kimchi:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I didn’t actually love school pizza but this thread got me curious about it since it isn’t like any pizza I have had in reality.

Going into some internet holes, it seems that it could be accurately described as pizza cake. Seems like it is easy enough to recreate (some recipes even try to recreate gov’t cheese) but I am not quite so nostalgia poisoned that I am going to spend 45 minutes making school pizza for just myself.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
npc named 'Hungry Student': "I love to consume this pizza product."

----------------

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My local Pizza Hut is usually pretty good but recently I made the mistake of ordering a Meat Lovers instead of doing the build your own and it definitely looked and tasted like the Meat Lovers had been made quite a while ago instead of being cooked fresh.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The reason it was a favorite was because the only other option was a hard and chewy chicken sandwich on a stale bun with stale fries.

Or the salad bar. But that was expensive. Our school store had a few premade subway sandwiches and I'd not eat lunch for two days to save up for a 6" that they charged $5 for. This was 1999-2001.

School food is loving criminal. Absolutely criminal.

----------------

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

WITCHCRAFT posted:

This man is accurate. You need some bell pepper or some contrasting flavor and texture other than salted meats.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous cumhead!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I misread "commodity rebates available" as "co-morbidity rates available"

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

back in elementary school they contracted with a local chain to do pizza once a week, aww yeah sardellas

----------------

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

uber_stoat posted:

npc named 'Hungry Student': "I love to consume this pizza product."

love to eat pizza someone sheeted out

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

yikes! posted:

Their bbq chicken pizza is so good that my wife and I have to restrain ourselves from ordering it multiple times a week.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Rick posted:

I didn’t actually love school pizza but this thread got me curious about it since it isn’t like any pizza I have had in reality.

Going into some internet holes, it seems that it could be accurately described as pizza cake. Seems like it is easy enough to recreate (some recipes even try to recreate gov’t cheese) but I am not quite so nostalgia poisoned that I am going to spend 45 minutes making school pizza for just myself.

Sicilian pizza dough (basically focaccia dough) filling a whole baking sheet is kind of close. The edges and bottom get a little more crispy, but are you really gonna complain about that? Just top it with cheap canned premade pizza sauce (I use Don Pepino) and shred a block of cheap inauthentic mozzarella on top. For garlic pizza, swap out the pizza sauce for garlic butter. Fine dice half a head of garlic cloves, then saute in a small pan with like 2/3 stick of butter on the lowest heat possible for 30 min. Add italian seasoning and garlic powder toward the end. The diced garlic should not brown.

I use extra cheese on the garlic one, because otherwise the dough puffs up too much. The garlic butter is less heavy than the tomato sauce so you gotta compensate.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Smythe posted:

u son of gun

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

WITCHCRAFT posted:

Sicilian pizza dough (basically focaccia dough) filling a whole baking sheet is kind of close. The edges and bottom get a little more crispy, but are you really gonna complain about that? Just top it with cheap canned premade pizza sauce (I use Don Pepino) and shred a block of cheap inauthentic mozzarella on top. For garlic pizza, swap out the pizza sauce for garlic butter. Fine dice half a head of garlic cloves, then saute in a small pan with like 2/3 stick of butter on the lowest heat possible for 30 min. Add italian seasoning and garlic powder toward the end. The diced garlic should not brown.

I use extra cheese on the garlic one, because otherwise the dough puffs up too much. The garlic butter is less heavy than the tomato sauce so you gotta compensate.

This sounds like my Wrestlemania food project for next year.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The reason it was a favorite was because the only other option was a hard and chewy chicken sandwich on a stale bun with stale fries.

Or the salad bar. But that was expensive. Our school store had a few premade subway sandwiches and I'd not eat lunch for two days to save up for a 6" that they charged $5 for. This was 1999-2001.

School food is loving criminal. Absolutely criminal.

It's 2021 and subway 6" is $3.49 with coupon. What the gently caress is that pricing

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Biowarfare posted:

It's 2021 and subway 6" is $3.49 with coupon. What the gently caress is that pricing

:911:

----------------

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Biowarfare posted:

its called good value dumbass

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
subway will be boiled soon Alhamdulillah.

----------------

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
the only good subway is a permanently closed subway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BaconCopter posted:

the only good subway is a permanently closed subway

:smith:

----------------