Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Yvershek posted:

BOO on this probe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it's a 6er for posting his fetish in yet another thread that has nothing to do with it. stfu

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Aardvark! posted:

it's a 6er for posting his fetish in yet another thread that has nothing to do with it. stfu

it's actually the most clever joke in the thread

like it has nothing to do with a bunch of people getting killed tragically, but neither does

quote:

MAMA MIA
A cable car crashed in Italy and killed a lot of people. Prime minister Mario Draghi has declared a day of morning stating that "today... is the spiciest of-a meatball..."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Aardvark! posted:

mamma miia is actually a great joke though???

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Aardvark! posted:

I thought the probe was a joke and laughed pretty hard at it.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Better than the last time when this happened where the cable was cut by a hotdogging American pilot.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Better than the last time when this happened where the cable was cut by a hotdogging American pilot.

lmao

https://www.history.com/this-day-in...nto%2C%20Italy.

quote:

On February 3, 1998, 20 Europeans, mostly Germans and Belgians, were taking a ski tram up Cermis Mountain when an EA-6B Prowler operated by the U.S. Marines suddenly flew by. The anti-radar aircraft sliced right through the steel cable holding up the tram and it plunged more than 250 feet to the ground. Everyone on board was killed instantly.

The plane suffered minimal damage and returned to its base in Italy. The pilot, Captain Richard J. Ashby, and navigator, Captain Joseph Schweitzer, destroyed a videotape that had recorded their flight before an investigation began. Still, it was soon discovered that the plane had been flying at only 360 feet above the ground

quote:

the crew was acquitted in March 1999. Ashby and Schweitzer were court-martialed for obstruction of justice for their destruction of the videotape and dismissed from the Marines

:thumbsup:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Everyone getting probated in my thread instead of me getting probated in everyone else's thread? What is going on????

Also:

Gotta remind those krauts who won the war every couple decades :patriot:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Famously brought up in the Sopranos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-eHk4RiIso&t=91s

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

Aardvark! posted:

Yeah, he completrly ruined the sanctity of this totally serious thread.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

mods should dish out a 6er to anyone who's disrespecting these fallen Italians. It's in poor taste. A lot of people pasta way.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Itsa me, Mariooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 24, 2021

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Thank you all for the kind words following this senseless tragedy. We will get through this together!!!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Meme Poker Party posted:

Thank you all for the kind words following this senseless tragedy. We will get through this together!!!

Well, most of us will. I imagine the people that died probably won't.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Bouillon Rube posted:

Fun fact: the song that people generically associate with Italian resturaunts was actually written to commemorate the opening of the first funicular (which is a natural predator of the feeble cable car).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG4SbelgIFk

I think this was the kind of tram they were in during an accident in the Alps where a tram caught on fire midway through a tunnel and almost everybody ran up the tunnel away from the fire and suffocated to death, when they should have run down, past the fire instead, because smoke rises. The only person who knew this was a firefighter on the tram who led like 5 people to safety; and everyone who went the wrong way died.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

yow! that's a spicy mulligatawney

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

sopapilla!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

They made a-real a-chunky pasta sauce

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Icochet posted:

Cable car is the most obviously deadly means of transportation there is. Look at it. Obviously the cable is going to snap. Chekhov's gondola.

Sad about the the deaths though. Predictable but sad.

It's way cheap and lazy that there wasn't a second cable in place as a backup. I've noticed the same issue with those window cleaning platforms used for highrise blocks. Life is cheap and insurance will cover it, I suppose.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

hey it's a me vincenzo, the guy who checks the cable on the cable car every day to make sure it doesn't snap and kill 14 people. I had a too much vino with my mistress last night and a couldn't make it to work. ahhhhhh I'm sure itsa be fine!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
they found a big fat guy at the end of the cable slurping it down. he pauses for a moment to complain- this is a one long noodle!!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dignity Van Houten posted:

mods should dish out a 6er to anyone who's disrespecting these fallen Italians. It's in poor taste. A lot of people pasta way.

I'm in loving tears, this is some classic GBS.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
haha their dead

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Yvershek posted:

BOO on this probe.
Same but opposite.

Can we start a go fund me to send some of these cable cars to Palestine?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

when mario kills a goomba its fratricide

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Starting to get a bit yikes in here.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Aardvark! posted:

God you’re a petty little man.

Klyith posted:

it's actually the most clever joke in the thread

like it has nothing to do with a bunch of people getting killed tragically, but neither does

Typical. Call out the mods bullshit. Get a probe.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Also. Aardvark complaining about fetishes …. With that loving avatar… is the most rich thing ever.

Jespass
Oct 17, 2012

Aardvark! posted:

now it is. LOL!

Racing to make the edgiest comment, let's laugh at a dead child. Why are you a mod?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Jespass posted:

let's laugh at a dead child.

Mama mia!

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Papa pia!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Mods?!

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Can’t believe 14 Italians didn’t have any 1 ups left between them.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Into The Mild posted:

God you’re a petty little man.

Typical. Call out the mods bullshit. Get a probe.

Into The Mild posted:

Also. Aardvark complaining about fetishes …. With that loving avatar… is the most rich thing ever.

imagine melting about a sixer in gbs

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
so like I guess the only survivor was a 5 year old kid who is like pretty much guaranteed to grow up to be that Til Schweiger character from SLC Punk I guess which is kinda cool, that dude ruled

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I wonder if that kid swears a life long vengeance against all cable cars and zip line rides, etc. for the rest of his life.
Just one man against the world of slow moving tourist attractions.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

papa john warned us this day would come

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Derpies posted:

Can’t believe 14 Italians didn’t have any 1 ups left between them.

lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
a cable car is basically just a meat filled ravioli when you get down to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
A sad collection of meataballs moving down a single spaghett