Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

While he was wasting time with civil rights and jazz and all that, Bob Guccione got straight down to girls peeing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Szyznyk posted:

While he was wasting time with civil rights and jazz and all that, Bob Guccione got straight down to girls peeing.

The playboy piss issue would have the spread framed up by an artificial pond with swans and cherry blossoms in the golden hour and the piss itself would somehow be classy.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mega64 posted:

I’m sorry you didn’t get to choke Gene Simmons to death with chicken bones, that would’ve owned.

He should be able to eat chicken bones if he’s an actual demon. :munch:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

He should be able to eat chicken bones if he’s an actual demon. :munch:

Hes actually just a whiny old bitch

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

Poohs Packin posted:

Imagine being a type of person that gets you banned from the Fox News building.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Poohs Packin posted:

He always look like he smellin he own fart.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

He seems like he was a pretty sweet pimp to work for OP.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
He lived kind of a sad life devoid of true romantic love. Good job on all the wealth I guess.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

the only thing cool about hugh heffner was that he had the decency to buy the loving farm right when MeToo started up. oh and i guess he had a multimedia empire built around objectifying a cavalcade of world-class snatch. and he didnt live long enough to be held responsible for any of his misdeeds. and also he had a sex grotto.

so if youre not into that type of sexpest supervillainy i could see why you dont think he was all that great

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

No. 6 posted:

He earned his place in the guillotine just like all capitalist pigs

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

SHUT THE gently caress UP.

lol

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

No. 6 posted:

He exploited humans for his personal gain

That's life for you pal.

EA Sports posted:

i resent american pop culture for presenting him as if he was ever anything other than a monstrous letch.

He was presented as a stereotypical upper class letch though? The problem is it's cool to many people.

Anyway he might have been a piece of poo poo but atleast he one time trolled the founder of the American nazi party by sending a black reporter to interview him.

Oh, and "On March 7, 1985, Hefner had a minor stroke at age 58..."
I would have thought this would be a drop in the proverbial bucket and not worthy of mention.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

He seems like he was a pretty sweet pimp to work for OP.

Waaaay better than say, Harvey Keitel's character in Taxi Driver

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

didn't he maybe do something good about obscenity laws or something or was that the hustler guy

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Rubellavator posted:

didn't he maybe do something good about obscenity laws or something or was that the hustler guy

Maybe I think that was Larry Flynt though.

There are also generally a lot of better ways to advocate for free speech than to slip women quaaludes, convince them they'll be famous and put their naked photos in a national publication.

There are a lot of assholes who operate under the auspices of free speech advocacy.

I get this is a slippery slope sort of argument so I'll just stick with calling him a Jabroni.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Rubellavator posted:

Larry Flynt was all the good parts of the shithead "Muh Freedoms" set distilled into a glorious gold-plated wheelchair. He literally lost his legs for freedom and we got to see Jackie O's cans because of him.

He was a patriot and history will look upon him fondly.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Heff went for tits and "class," Gabbagooli went for pissing and Caligula, and Flynt went for never pretending he wasn't a pervert from Kentucky

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

babypolis posted:

kinda lovely that he was presented as like the epitome of class and coolness to our generation, even in the loving simpsons, when the dude was just the worst most hosed up creep imaginable

fuckin word bro

sad question
May 30, 2020

Flynt at least got a very dece movie out of his life so I guess he wins?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

just remembered how when i first heard the name playboy i thought it should be named playgirl cause it has girls in it and i told my friends that and they called me gay and other homophobic slurs for like a week.

thanks hef

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nigmaetcetera posted:

He lived kind of a sad life devoid of true romantic love.

This is most people, lol.

He was married to someone before Playboy so he had some sort of romantic relationship, she then cheated on him while he was in the army so I'm not surprised that he gave up on love.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
he was actually an incel

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

"It was so brief that I can't even recall what it felt like beyond having a heavy body on top of mine.

I had to be very drunk or smoke lots of weed to survive those nights – there was no way around it.

At about the minute mark, I pulled away and it was done. It was like a job. Clock in, clock out. It's not like I enjoyed having sex with him."

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Before the last line about sex I wasn't sure if you were quoting me about posting or not.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

sad question posted:

courtney love drags that film down to the abyss

Sorting Algorithms
Feb 7, 2021
Nobody under the age of 30 even knows who Hugh Hefner is.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Sorting Algorithms posted:

Please apologise to them for this thread.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I'd recommend posting in FYAD its pretty much like the kids table around here. They like anime you'll get in fine with them.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
What was Hugh Hefner’s stance on anime?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The Saucer Hovers posted:

courtney love drags that film down to the abyss

This is a bad opinion you HIV whore.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Poohs Packin posted:

I'd recommend posting in FYAD its pretty much like the kids table around here. They like anime you'll get in fine with them.

Posting in FYAD is like getting hosed by Hugh Hefner.

quote:

I had to be very drunk or smoke lots of weed to survive those nights – there was no way around it.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
In Bri'en they call im Ew Efner but it's cause those guys can't talk roight

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Being one of his girlfriends was apparently pretty lovely- literally due to the main girlfriend having dogs that weren’t housebroken so you’d be stepping in poo poo and piss just walking around the bed

Also you wouldn’t be allowed to talk to or hang out with anyone else outside your group when out at a bar club etc and it’s the same people and same poo poo every night so you’re also experiencing social deprivation

Just a lovely life, boring, not fun, totally degrading, in exchange for all your human autonomy. Not a great trade imo

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Also the sex was bad, maybe it’d have been a different story if he was actually good at fuckin

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

He published nudes of marilyn monroe without her permission and then didn't compensate her at all. Then he bought a grave right next to hers so he could 'lay next to her for all eternity.' Pretty hosed up if you ask me, OP!

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

I know him from the simpsons and other old shows. Also I heard a story from a former playboy bunny that they had to service Hugh's flaccid old man cock every night

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
America's sexual self-consciousness in magazine form year after year.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

DamnitGannet posted:

He published nudes of marilyn monroe without her permission and then didn't compensate her at all. Then he bought a grave right next to hers so he could 'lay next to her for all eternity.' Pretty hosed up if you ask me, OP!

Is this true? This guy sounds like a real creep!

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Violet_Sky posted:

I know him from the simpsons and other old shows. Also I heard a story from a former playboy bunny that they had to service Hugh's flaccid old man cock every night

That person was just stepping in to thread poo poo and call goons old. Which is true.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Violet_Sky posted:

Did it tip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

sad question posted:

I remember seeing the last half of this randomly on Starz or something when I was 12 and being real confused, why is Woddy Harrelson in a chair