Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Giraffe posted:

If you had to eat the same meal three times a day for a week, what would it be? You can pretend someone else will pay for it if that helps.

Stir fry noodles if I'm allowed variations. I am a sucker for stir fry noodles. I love making healthy, nutritious and filling meals, but usually for the house. By myself it's instant Mi Goreng most of the time haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

syntaxfunction posted:

Stir fry noodles if I'm allowed variations. I am a sucker for stir fry noodles. I love making healthy, nutritious and filling meals, but usually for the house. By myself it's instant Mi Goreng most of the time haha.

Nope, totally legit. That's a good answer.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I make a good tofu noodles stir fry. Are you a tofu cooker, OP?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Meme Poker Party posted:

I make a good tofu noodles stir fry. Are you a tofu cooker, OP?

I love well cooked tofu! I am no vegetarian or vegan but I don't see why all meals need meat. I spent a lot of time learning to cook great meatless dishes. Mexican style fried veg with spiced and pan fried tofu is so loving good.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Why have the mods and admins not bowed to my mighty posting yet and what can I do to convince them I am the rightful heir to the throne

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Whats up with the guy in my town that stands outside the veteran's hall with an American flag in his left hand and give thumbs up to passing cars with his right? Does he just love america that much

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

this works out great op. i'm on who wants to be a millionaire and used the phone your friend lifeline but since i don't have any friends i'm posting here instead

who was the surgeon general under president eisenhower?

a. Leonard A. Scheele
b. Leroy E. Burney
c. Luther Terry
d. William H. Stewart

i'll need the answer within 60 seconds, tia

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

low key sex master posted:

Why have the mods and admins not bowed to my mighty posting yet and what can I do to convince them I am the rightful heir to the throne

They are cowards, afraid of your powerful posting and the inspiration it may cause to the rabble they attempt to control.

I suggest an artful hostile takeover. Put Jeffrey in a position where he is forced to sell the forums. Use the blackmail you have. Gain that power through might. It is your birth right.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Wall Balls posted:

this works out great op. i'm on who wants to be a millionaire and used the phone your friend lifeline but since i don't have any friends i'm posting here instead

who was the surgeon general under president eisenhower?

a. Leonard A. Scheele
b. Leroy E. Burney
c. Luther Terry
d. William H. Stewart

i'll need the answer within 60 seconds, tia

C.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
who's your favorite bowler?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Whats up with the guy in my town that stands outside the veteran's hall with an American flag in his left hand and give thumbs up to passing cars with his right? Does he just love america that much

He is just a friendly dude. Be nice, give him a sandwich, a blanket and maybe some travel money. Dude probably needs it.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
who would win in a fight between Wolverine and Batman

RULES: no prep time, random encounter

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Mozi posted:

who's your favorite bowler?

Donny from the Big Lebowski.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Supreme Allah posted:

who would win in a fight between Wolverine and Batman

RULES: no prep time, random encounter

Wolverine. Just mention Batman's parents offhand and the motherfucker will monologue for pages. Then some neat snockety, done.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

syntaxfunction posted:

Wolverine. Just mention Batman's parents offhand and the motherfucker will monologue for pages. Then some neat snockety, done.

good. this is good. now i will vote 5.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

syntaxfunction posted:

I love well cooked tofu! I am no vegetarian or vegan but I don't see why all meals need meat. I spent a lot of time learning to cook great meatless dishes. Mexican style fried veg with spiced and pan fried tofu is so loving good.

:agreed:

Don't need to be vegetarian to like a good tofu! My college roommate was vegetarian and we'd cook together so whenever we did it was obviously meatless. That's how I learned to do tofu properly. Dude basically plunged me straight into the multicultural world of food coming from my rather whitebread background lol.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Supreme Allah posted:

good. this is good. now i will vote 5.
You are quite the charmer.

Meme Poker Party posted:

:agreed:

Don't need to be vegetarian to like a good tofu! My college roommate was vegetarian and we'd cook together so whenever we did it was obviously meatless. That's how I learned to do tofu properly. Dude basically plunged me straight into the multicultural world of food coming from my rather whitebread background lol.

Yeah, I despise the meat for every meal thing. It depresses me. So learning vegetarian and vegan dishes is just nice for me, and I have enough friends with that diet that it works really well.

Also legit helping me woo this cute vegan girl so hell yeah.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

How do like your popcorn, OP? Buttered, caramel, toffee, kettle, plain? Some unorthodox popcorn method?

Cuz all popcorn is good.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

You Are A Elf posted:

How do like your popcorn, OP? Buttered, caramel, toffee, kettle, plain? Some unorthodox popcorn method?

Cuz all popcorn is good.

Popcorn is, for me, a neutral delivery vessel. unflavoured popcorn tastes like a tasteless sponge.

But as a delivery mechanism it is pretty cool. Caramel popcorn is good, super salty and buttered popcorn is good, and popcorn with a light bit of olive oil and like paprika is loving tops.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

syntaxfunction posted:

They are cowards, afraid of your powerful posting and the inspiration it may cause to the rabble they attempt to control.

I suggest an artful hostile takeover. Put Jeffrey in a position where he is forced to sell the forums. Use the blackmail you have. Gain that power through might. It is your birth right.

:hmmyes:

I'm coming for you Jeffrey and user syntaxfunction will be my right hand man (woman? Preferred pronoun here?)

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

syntaxfunction posted:

popcorn with a light bit of olive oil and like paprika is loving tops.

This sounds good and I’m gonna try it next time. Thanks, OP :respek:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

:hmmyes:

I'm coming for you Jeffrey and user syntaxfunction will be my right hand man (woman? Preferred pronoun here?)
Eh, agender really. I tell people trans woman for convenience but I give no fucks. I do look good in one of those henchwoman outfits though.

You Are A Elf posted:

This sounds good and I’m gonna try it next time. Thanks, OP :respek:

Hell ye, lemme know. Popcorn is so neutral you can do great things. Fun fact, make a great beef gravy heavily flavoured with rosemary, gently coat some popcorn in it. It's awesome.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Making this thread usefuler. Less brain damage, more food. Here is a recipe I posted on the music goonchat, for some amazing and easy home ramen.

quote:

Lazy Ramen (Feeds 3)
Ingredients:
Chicken stock (whatever liquid stock is fine, go salt reduced don't get a heart attack)
Chicken stock cubes (same as above)
Dark soy sauce
Kecap Manis
Cooking sake
Mirin
Noodles (I really like Hakubaku cause it's cheap and delicious but as long as it ain't instant then it's cool)

Method:
Add a tablespoon of both the dark soy sauce and Kecap manis to a bowl. Add a splash of both the sake and mirin. Mix well. Your tare is done.
Cook your noodles, however the pack says. Hakubaku says boiling water, 3-4 minutes.
Heat your liquid stock. However much you want. Dissolve a stock cube or two in it. I usually go one cube per person. Go less for less intense chicken, more for more.
When noodles are done and cubes are dissolved and it's nice and heated take like a half tablespoon into your eating bowl. Add stock. Add noodles (don't need to finely drain but try to not make it 90% liquid)
Taste broth. If you want more flavour add more tare. If less, well, you know for next time

Enjoy!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

syntaxfunction posted:

Making this thread usefuler. Less brain damage, more food. Here is a recipe I posted on the music goonchat, for some amazing and easy home ramen.

I really like (real) ramen but I've never tried to make it myself. I will try to do this if I am able to have my own kitchen soon.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jul 9, 2021

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

syntaxfunction posted:

Also legit helping me woo this cute vegan girl so hell yeah.

If you want to get down with vegan you should look into indian food, its hard but worth it -- i prefer meat with each meal but when my mom comes over and stirs up some of this stuff, I'm a vegan for days -

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/236564/chana-masala-savory-indian-chick-peas/

https://tasty.co/recipe/easy-chickpea-curry-channa-masala

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

My ex was vegan for years so if you need a bomb rear end seitan recipe I gotchu

http://veganlatina.com/vew-five-spice-seitan/

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Supreme Allah posted:

If you want to get down with vegan you should look into indian food, its hard but worth it -- i prefer meat with each meal but when my mom comes over and stirs up some of this stuff, I'm a vegan for days -

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/236564/chana-masala-savory-indian-chick-peas/

https://tasty.co/recipe/easy-chickpea-curry-channa-masala

I love Indian food, and I make rad rear end butter chicken, korma and naan. I don't follow specific cuisines tho most of my cooking instinct is derived from French and Italian. But I adore making good Indian food. I have a badass "I am so poor but want to eat" recipe for curry. I'll approximate it here.

quote:

I Am Poor Curry

Rice: Coconut Rice
Real simple, 1 cup of rice, two cups of liquid, in this case one cup of water and a cup of coconut milk. Go the full fatty one. Nuke it for 12 minutes. Don't touch it, just fluff at the end.

Curry sauce
If you have protein fry it off a bit first. Tofu, chicken, lamb, whatever. Get some colour.
While frying that off get some spices and flour toasting. We're looking for any spices you fancy in a curry. I like cumin, garam masala, paprika, coriander seeds and probably some other things. I don't recommend toasting ground chili. Get it toasting until it smells fragrant and the flour is starting to go golden.
When your spices are toasted and protein is coloured we're adding them together, tossing them around, getting those flavours melding.
Add some acid in the form of tomato paste (a bit) or some crushed/diced tin tomatoes. It will thicken and be goopy, all good.
When it is all combined and nice add some stock of choice (chicken or vegetable is my choice) and get it mixed, then add coconut cream or milk.

That's basically it. It's kind of like a coconut butter chicken, only not. Sub with whatever you fancy. Make it hot with chili, make it peanut buttery by adding a tablespoon or two of the butter. Just stew it for a while, get the flavours intensified.

Serve your rice, liberally spoon the sauce over, enjoy.

My ex was vegan for years so if you need a bomb rear end seitan recipe I gotchu

http://veganlatina.com/vew-five-spice-seitan/

Both of you are rad, I also like adding recipes and techniques to my repertoire.

Fun fact, my sinus system is abnormal and affects my sense of taste and smell off and on, so it's always interesting trying to cook without those senses!

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
What the gently caress is with Nextdoor

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Athanatos posted:

What the gently caress is with Nextdoor

Someone let white people on the internet. It was bound to happen.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Sid Vicious posted:

i figured it was the horse kick to the head

Lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
OP do you feel better now than when you posted this thread?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Meme Poker Party posted:

OP do you feel better now than when you posted this thread?

God, I hope not.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

God, I hope not.

!!!

But why? We got to talk about demon girls and music, OP got share and some recipes and have others shared, and there was much appreciation and good vibes abound. I think this thread has been very nice!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Meme Poker Party posted:

!!!

But why? We got to talk about demon girls and music, OP got share and some recipes and have others shared, and there was much appreciation and good vibes abound. I think this thread has been very nice!

Yeah this thread has some good vibes yo

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Is it appropriate to poo poo at work and stink up the entire office just because your a big baby and can’t wait to poo poo when you get home or better yet before you leave for work in the morning?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It is always appropriate to poo poo at work hth

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

quarterback keeper on the third- kingfisher or cormorant?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Giraffe posted:

If you had to eat the same meal three times a day for a week, what would it be? You can pretend someone else will pay for it if that helps.

Spaghetti and pussy juice. :haibrower:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I do feel better mentally. Physically I'm a wreck but thems the breaks. Y'all are amazing tho. I posted this thread expecting people to poo poo on me and I was okay cause it'd be funny. Instead y'all are amazing and kind. Goooooons.

Also always poo poo at work imo. Wreck that toilet, make those that make money suffer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

The Saucer Hovers posted:

quarterback keeper on the third- kingfisher or cormorant?

I'm a fan of Cramorant, he shoots lil fishies.