Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Supreme Allah posted:

normally i get that anything about any other bad thing in the world turns around to 'but the US sucks so lets talk abut that instead' -- in this case, i cant be defensive about anyone dunking on us for this catastrophe

:hmbol: at the idea of ever defending America

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
If I'm doing the math right for every airliner you fly into an American building you get about 6 and half years of democracy? That seems like a decent trade.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
So if we just say we win irregardless of any arguments against, it becomes true?

.......I have a huge penis!

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I wonder what misadventures America will get into next

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The good news is that the soldiers deployed to fight in it will be home for Christmas.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Edgar posted:

canada better beware

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

someone post the pic of the taliban dudes finding the oobies gun hous room of abandoned guns piled high

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Chillgamesh posted:

someone post the pic of the taliban dudes finding the oobies gun hous room of abandoned guns piled high

This?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Guns.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Edgar posted:

Venezuela.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I think people mistakenly started thinking America was good at wars after WW2 because propaganda showed that America won that war when it was in fact the soviet union grinding germany to dust and America coming in at the last moment when Germany was already completely hosed to claim all the glory

After that it's just been a long string of incredible, insane, fuckups

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

gently caress you, Bush.

It’s time to get out of Iraq, Bush.

What were you even doing there in the first place, Bush?

You didn’t even get properly elected, Bush.

Are you happy now, Bush?

gently caress you, Bush.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

wanna read a good thread? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=86316

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Zzulu posted:

I think people mistakenly started thinking America was good at wars after WW2 because propaganda showed that America won that war when it was in fact the soviet union grinding germany to dust and America coming in at the last moment when Germany was already completely hosed to claim all the glory

We beat Japan BY A LOT. Europe was our side hustle.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Schweinhund posted:

We beat Japan BY A LOT. Europe was our side hustle.

Ton for ton, we lead the way in firebombings. Just ask Cambodia.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

Unlike the UK that eliminated racism entirely and each person lives and breathes feedom in each of their succesful colonies or such wonderworld dance parties as *checks notes* Australia which has also simultaneously defeated all problems related to poor white people we are, unfortunately just the worst and doomed forever sorry about the last century and those wars of yours that you specifically caused and we specifically won. Sorry about all that.

Why are you making this about the UK? Is the op British? Wtf is going on in this post?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Zzulu posted:

This applies to WW1 more IMO just with russia swapped with france and/or UK

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
If you think the US won the war in the Pacific you haven't studied the ancient Japanese battle strategy of Kido Butai: First you let the enemy think they won by surrendering, then you unleash anime on them from within

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

uncle sam put your name at the top of his list
and the statue of liberty started shakin' her fist
and the eagle will fly it's gonna be hell
when you hear mother freedom start ringin' her bell
and it feels like the whole wide world is raining down on you
brought to you courtesy of the red white and blue

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

this was just a ruse to draw the taliban out and they fell for it!!!!

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

i hope america at least finds a way to destroy some ancient heritage sites on the way out. they can't be total chumps about this, right?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
America never loses, sometimes it just runs out of time

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
america is great satin america burn in heck!!!!!!!!!! :jihad:

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1ogibWCNKI

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

phasmid posted:

Venezuela.

Nice, we haven’t done jungle warfare in a while. We have probably had enough time to unlearn everything from Vietnam.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 16, 2021

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Can our promoter fix a war? Maybe they could pay Haiti to take a fall/regime change, just to help up regain our confidence.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
I mean maybe we had them on the ropes at half time but then they just played a blinder by doing absolutely nothing and then taking a picture with an orange turd.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
The thing I can’t get my head around is like, if it was gonna go this badly, why didn’t the US pull out 19 years ago? What was the point? What were they waiting for?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

JackBandit posted:

The thing I can’t get my head around is like, if it was gonna go this badly, why didn’t the US pull out 19 years ago? What was the point? What were they waiting for?

I guess it was obvious everything would immediately go to poo poo (well, moreso) when we left and none of the administrations wanted that attributed to them but Biden just doesn't GAF :shrug:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

JackBandit posted:

lots of people made lots of money OP

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Don't worry, it's just viral marketing for a 9/11 20th anniversary special that's going to air on all the major networks.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
(spits out mouth guard) you know, all credit to the guys, they played their hearts out, but we let the fans down tonight... we came out with some real strong early phases of play but couldn't make them pay off and uh... maybe they just wanted it more on the day. (nods as if to conclude, wanders away from camera aimlessly)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

America is the Manny Pacquiao of countries

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I don't understand the analogy. Is that guy a really lovely boxer that loses fight after fight but still thinks he's the greatest of all time and keeps siring kids that are not all there psychologically?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

we don't have trouble winning fights, just wars

we'll bring a predator drone to the fight and bomb your whole extended family before you know we're there, no problem. we just haven't figured out how to do that without the survivors all joining the taliban.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
at least we stopped the terrorism

by dropping bombs on mostly civilians for over 20 years

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Wait, the war's over? I was promised a forever war, not a twenty years war!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
TWENNY FUCKIN' YEAHS