Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

TheBuilder posted:

The Matrix Online was canon

The only good part about that was when they shut down the game and killed everyone's characters in-story as "the matrix is purging you". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfeGPilWZp0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's not like the rest of the movie was super good or anything, but I would really like to know who, directly, was responsible for 'the zion rave' in that movie anyway.
I mean even when it was released people were like "...no don't". If you watch it now, holy poo poo does that pop out as a tacked on poo poo-fest.
I demand answers to this and SEVERAL other questions I have about my life THANK YOU

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
This thread is NOT being polite to the lore of the Matrix movie series,!!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I was at the Zion rave and when the robots came in and start shooting i realized it was the moment I had been waiting for where I could piss, poo poo and barf myself in public and it wouldn't be considered weird

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I was at the Zion rave and when the robots came in and start shooting i realized it was the moment I had been waiting for where I could piss, poo poo and barf myself in public and it wouldn't be considered weird

I had a cameo as one of the robot octopusses and I was there and I saw him making GBS threads and barfing and I want everyone to know that I saw it and he didn't look that cool

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I was the guy in the rave soaking everyone with my crazy long sweaty hair.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Bad Purchase posted:

what if the game was about pizza?

oh man that pizza would be sliced WEIRD

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The matrix that made the matrix was really a matrix itself the whole time as well. :tinfoil:

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

oh man that pizza would be sliced WEIRD

Concentric circles

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrbYwlBia5k

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

My favorite part of the Matrix is when Keanu Reeves is at the office and he shoots up the entire office and gest fired for shooting up the office

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Big Beef City posted:

It's not like the rest of the movie was super good or anything, but I would really like to know who, directly, was responsible for 'the zion rave' in that movie anyway.
I mean even when it was released people were like "...no don't". If you watch it now, holy poo poo does that pop out as a tacked on poo poo-fest.
I demand answers to this and SEVERAL other questions I have about my life THANK YOU
I watched the behind-the-scenes stuff when it came out, and I'm pretty sure the answer is, it was basically a real rave and everybody who was there thought it was awesome

they couldn't stop talking about how great the extras were, how excited they were and what great attitudes they had

and they said laurence fishbourne's BADLY! delivered SPEECH! about how the MACHINES! have sent their ARMIES!
was like that because he was just supremely stoked and playing to a real crowd of partying kids who were insanely happy to see him. so instead of going up there and acting like morpheus, he was responding to the rave's energy

🥴 dude we should totally put this whole fuckin party IN the movie, dude! just like 20 straight minutes, show the whole world what an epic loving party this was

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Cubone posted:

I watched the behind-the-scenes stuff when it came out, and I'm pretty sure the answer is, it was basically a real rave and everybody who was there thought it was awesome

they couldn't stop talking about how great the extras were, how excited they were and what great attitudes they had

and they said laurence fishbourne's BADLY! delivered SPEECH! about how the MACHINES! have sent their ARMIES!
was like that because he was just supremely stoked and playing to a real crowd of partying kids who were insanely happy to see him. so instead of going up there and acting like morpheus, he was responding to the rave's energy

🥴 dude we should totally put this whole fuckin party IN the movie, dude! just like 20 straight minutes, show the whole world what an epic loving party this was

I guess it's fitting that after shooting Matrix 4 they got in trouble for throwing a huge party and claiming it was a party scene in the movie to get around covid restrictions.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Tip posted:

I guess it's fitting that after shooting Matrix 4 they got in trouble for throwing a huge party and claiming it was a party scene in the movie to get around covid restrictions.

If i could throw a rager on someone else's dime, i sure loving would. Is bend the law just to make it happen. Especially if it was kicked off by Laurence Fishburne.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

They shouldn't even be making more films, to hell with more games.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

sigher posted:

They shouldn't even be making more films, to hell with more games.

Yeah but money.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Matrix 1 remake but Pixar makes it

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

I thought it was obvious even without reading interviews that the Wachowskis were into raves and the s&m scene and sometimes had weird demands for what MUST be in the movie. There was a rave scene in both the 2nd and 3rd matrix films.

Brilliant technical directors but like Lucas in that they desperately need to be kept in check by people who can actually write and pace films.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
itt I learned there was a Matrix mmo, it was news to me

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

Bad Purchase posted:

what if the game was about pizza?

It would still look like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzYulkD13D0

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
why did they stop making max payne games

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Tato posted:

the entire studio was tried and convicted for creating the crying baby tightrope maze level

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6pRxcjZRok

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tato posted:

Rockstar kept the IP and then made a game with an absolutely obscene loving budget to the point that even though MP3 sold millions it still only barely broke even.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
The Buttrix.

You know what it's about. Don't act like you don't.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

The Dadtrix.

Keanu Reeves is older in this matrix and now just tells dad jokes all the time.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

Literally A Person posted:

The Buttrix.

You know what it's about. Don't act like you don't.

I mean, I obviously know what it's about. I'm just testing you to see if you know what it's about.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Man it was hosed up when Morpheus beat Cypher to death over a fucken horse

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tato posted:

Max Payne 3 made him bald and I wasn't going to play it

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
drat I might have to play max payne 3 drunken divorced dad in hawaiian shirt simulator again. I think i have the cds but i don't have a disc drive anymore...

I would play a new matrix game. Sort of sad I missed out on the matrix mmo. I was so butthurt over how bad the sequels were I just checked out.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Nuts and Gum posted:

drat I might have to play max payne 3 drunken divorced dad in hawaiian shirt simulator again. I think i have the cds but i don't have a disc drive anymore...

I would play a new matrix game. Sort of sad I missed out on the matrix mmo. I was so butthurt over how bad the sequels were I just checked out.

His wife's dead

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Why hasn't there been a Lego Matrix movie yet

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Devils Affricate posted:

Why hasn't there been a Lego Matrix movie yet

:emptyquote:

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i like the part in enter the matrix where you fight all the vampires

they should make an entire matrix vampire game

maybe you even play as a vampire? in the matrix?

holy poo poo somebody call the warner bros

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

i played enter the matrix on a ps2 it wasnt very good but path of neo had a fight with a giant agent smith

point is the matrix is going to milked to death soon and it'll be worse than everything that came before it, even the garbage

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
It's vr but it's only the orgasm cake scene

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I was the guy in the rave soaking everyone with my crazy long sweaty hair.

:rowdytrout:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Mac and Cheese posted:

i like the part in enter the matrix where you fight all the vampires

they should make an entire matrix vampire game

maybe you even play as a vampire? in the matrix?

holy poo poo somebody call the warner bros

matrix vampires vs matrix werewolfs

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

matrix vampires vs matrix werewolfs

vs matrix frankenstein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

So are my dreams but you don’t see me bullet timing hired goons on a yacht.