Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Is The Worst Nut?
Big Beef City
Valko
View Results

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I think all the nuts have value, even the lame ones like almonds and walnuts which are some of the healthiest so like maybe toss em in a salad or do some slivered almonds with green beans once in a while

but of course the fatty ones taste better like pecan, cashew, and macadamia, but they all have their places too and should be enjoyed like any other nut

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

gently caress pine nuts.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
i like all nuts. im nutty for nuts. never met a nut i didnt like

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Almonds are loving great op.
The hell is wrong with you? Those smokehouse ones especially. god DAMMIT how can you be so wrong

Anyway the answer is Brazil nuts

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Walnuts and Brazil nuts. They’re both terrible and flavorless.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

You Are A Elf posted:

:hmmyes:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

tractor man posted:

I like nuts

:yeah:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I remember having sex one night, I nutted and got a cramp in my ab muscles and was incredibly scared I might have been dying or something

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Oh, and while not technically a nut;

Spanish style peanuts. Get the gently caress outta here with that bs

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

Are almonds even nuts. Like why isnt nut in the name

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Your dad's, it's self evident from all the posts

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

You Are A Elf posted:

I WISH walnuts were flavorless, then they wouldn't ruin otherwise good breads and sweets people hide them in.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
My least favourite are walnuts but even those are pretty good. The worst but is probably like, ham. Good at ham, bad at being a nut.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Aardvark! posted:

Almonds. It's almonds.

Well yeah they almost killed my daughter

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

tractor man posted:

Are almonds even nuts. Like why isnt nut in the name

Because when consumed correctly (the ways I tell you to) they're so good you don't need to be reminded what they are just by saying their name out loud every 2 minutes like every other, lesser nut.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Hmm what is this again" you think, fat boy hand greasily wobbling towards the bowl, "oh yes, Hazel NUTS. I'd nearly forgotten what these terrible things were from the PTSD of their blandness"

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Cyril Sneer posted:

Hazelnuts, gently caress hazelnuts. They're like an inferior almond.

Counterpoint, they transform into something amazing when covered caramel encased in chocolate.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
You're the nut, OP; almonds are drupes. You idiot. You goddamn buffoon! I'LL KILL YA!!!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mooey Cow posted:

You're the nut, OP; almonds are drupes. You idiot. You goddamn buffoon! I'LL KILL YA!!!

the op is probably talking about culinary nuts

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

The Bloop posted:

I WISH walnuts were flavorless, then they wouldn't ruin otherwise good breads and sweets people hide them in.

:agreed:

Walnuts don’t belong in anything edible. Period.

And while we’re at it, I love raisins; they’re good by themselves. They should NEVER go into cookies or cakes, though. Only Raisin Bran.

Looking at you, carrot cake and oatmeal cookies :argh:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Valko posted:

Counterpoint, they transform into something amazing when covered caramel encased in chocolate.

I mean people eat literally every other kind of nut this way, various other crap including like, insects that weird hard 'angel food foam' stuff.

I dunno if that counts

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You Are A Elf posted:

:agreed:

Walnuts don’t belong in anything edible. Period.

And while we’re at it, I love raisins; they’re good by themselves. They should NEVER go into cookies or cakes, though. Only Raisin Bran.

Looking at you, carrot cake and oatmeal cookies :argh:

100% on the nuts in baked goods.
Mostly with you on the raisins, but I actually DO like them in carrot cake so I'm a bit of a hypocrite there

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Over a decade ago I found a recipe for some kind of walnut and chicken fricassee. I can't find it now.

It wasn't bad. The walnuts were all blended up into the sauce with tomato puree, white wine, onions and garlic.

I typically don't like walnuts.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

I mean people eat literally every other kind of nut this way, various other crap including like, insects that weird hard 'angel food foam' stuff.

I dunno if that counts

It wouldn't work for everything. I'm talking specifically snack food. Beef jerky? Pickled onions? Cheese?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Walnuts look like dried up brains so they are pretty much offensive to all the senses.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Valko posted:

It wouldn't work for everything. I'm talking specifically snack food. Beef jerky? Pickled onions? Cheese?

Jerky

Cheese

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Nov 26, 2021

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Valko posted:

Possibly, possibly, probably.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

All in moderation

I vote peanut when you buy mixed nuts that are 70% peanuts . Right then when you’re digging through a pile of peanuts in search for the one almond half that’s still in the tin , that’s the worst nut

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

pretty telling that the op completely omitted a poll

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Marcona almonds are delicious gently caress tha haters

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I love Brazil nuts but they contain such insane amounts of selenium that if you snack on them regularly you will quickly develop selenium poisoning

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
This thread reminded me of my childhood when we had a nutcracker and my parents would buy big bags of assorted nuts and we'd eat them throughout the christmas season.
It's brazil nuts. They are the worst nut. They're a pain in the rear end to open and not even slightly worth it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

I love Brazil nuts but they contain such insane amounts of selenium that if you snack on them regularly you will quickly develop selenium poisoning

How much for a fatal dose?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

1.5 Brazil nuts in a month

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

goatface posted:

How much for a fatal dose?

yeah wondering this as well, asking for a friend haha

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I bought some kinda nut mix in america and it was like 50% chocolate pellets. Pretty sure chocolate isn't a nut by any stretch of the imagination, but american chocolate tastes like puke so I vote that.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That's called trail mix

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mooey Cow posted:

I bought some kinda nut mix in america and it was like 50% chocolate pellets. Pretty sure chocolate isn't a nut by any stretch of the imagination, but american chocolate tastes like puke so I vote that.

if all the bullshit listed itt are nuts, then cocoa is a nut too

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Aardvark! posted:

Almonds. It's almonds.

wtf hows a nut you can use as flour the worst? not even close

the worst nut is macadamia by a country supermile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

Almonds. It's almonds.

Almonds give me this awful cloying taste in my mouth, it’s weird. Like maybe a super weak allergic reaction? Or maybe they just taste like poo poo