Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ikanreed posted:

I'm giving up my 18th amendment rights and you can't stop me

that's all well and good, but the 21st amendment did it for you.
You don't have to drink alcohol if you don't want to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure the Constitution was perfect at creation and that all amendments should be relinquished.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i claim the right to nutt back for my self. brb gonna jackj off

edit: it worked

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Potrzebie posted:

I'm pretty sure the Constitution was perfect at creation and that all amendments should be relinquished.

but, they are all amendments

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Fuckstick posted:

Okay here’s the deal. Since we’re not all Americans here, foreigners can pretend you have some of this sweet sweet freedom and participate if you wish.

The powers that be..or were..then got voted out but not before they ruined a bunch of poo poo, have decided that to be fair to the future mothers of incest rape babies, every red blooded star spangled salt of the Earth American must voluntarily relinquish one of his or her civil rights. The good news is that YOU get to choose which one. I’m not choosing until I see a few of your choices because I’m indecisive and change my mind a lot. I’m leaning toward right to bear arms though because I feel that my arms are pretty good sized and toned the way they are, and having bear arms could make it difficult to wipe my rear end.

Now it’s time to choose to lose.

I'll give up the 7th, I'm fine with a bench trial if I get caught for anything

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Vim Fuego posted:

I'll give up the 7th, I'm fine with a bench trial if I get caught for anything

How about a kangaroo court presided over by an actual kangaroo, and perhaps a rooster with a southern accent for an attorney.

Fuckstick fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jun 26, 2022

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Fuckstick posted:

How about a kangaroo court presided over by an activist kangaroo, and perhaps a rooster with a southern accent for an attorney.

it would be pretty cool if the court was presided over by an actual kangaroo

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Potrzebie posted:

Strick Constructionism is extremely erotic

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

As long as they pay rent and do some chores, I'll let some soldiers live in my house.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Yeah, ditch the second amendment so I can worry less about some chud shooting and killing me simply because I’m brown.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Gonna cover every inch of the house with hentai wall scrolls then quarter some soldiers and allow my home to be searched without a warrant.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

As long as they pay rent and do some chores, I'll let some soldiers live in my house.

loving facistist

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You Are A Elf posted:

Yeah, ditch the second amendment so I can worry less about some chud shooting and killing me simply because I’m brown.

Heh man it says you're guaranteed 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' right in the drat thing and the other amendment says that no amendment can interfere with your other rights.

So if someone uses the second amendment to deny you your right to life take it up with them in court. It's clear cut

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Relinquish deez nutz OP

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Well I lost my right to abort rape babies yesterday so I’m definitely gonna want to keep the 2nd and 3rd so I guess if I have to give up an additional right I’ll go with the 7th? Seems like a mixed bag anyway.

Also I think guys should have to give up two rights to be fair. Unless they’re non-heterosexual or non-white since they’re next in line already.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Well I lost my right to abort rape babies yesterday so I’m definitely gonna want to keep the 2nd and 3rd so I guess if I have to give up an additional right I’ll go with the 7th? Seems like a mixed bag anyway.

Also I think guys should have to give up two rights to be fair. Unless they’re non-heterosexual or non-white since they’re next in line already.

are you still allowed to abort incest babies?

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
I just figure the 2nd, 4th and 5th amendments covers keeping anyone we don't want in our houses out. So the 3rd really only applies if they have more firepower than a home owner, right?

King William would be better off to put up his redcoats in a Ramada or Days Inn down the street than fight me for my 3bed, 2 bath.

It'd be pretty sweet to have our boys park an M1A1 in my driveway though. Maybe some sandbags around the mailbox and razor wire across the yard for some badass curb appeal.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

In 10 states the answer is no.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

KPC_Mammon posted:

In 10 states the answer is no.

is it so bad that 1/5 of our counrtry are idiots? that seems pretty good

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Fuckstick posted:

Ohh you’re just saying that because Elon said it.

I want to combat you now after that insult.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:
The 9th. Lets get wacky w/ this poo poo

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Nope.

Also would be cool trading in a current right in exchange for a lost one if that’s a deal the government is willing to make

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

I don't need a speedy trial. Let me languish on pretrial supervision for like, two years. It happens anyway.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

AcidCat posted:

I don't need a speedy trial. Let me languish on pretrial supervision for like, two years. It happens anyway.

most people spend their pre-trial period in county jail

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

cult_hero posted:

It pretty much only applies to peacetime. i.e. you can't be forced to act as barracks to save the DOD a few bucks.

Of course, knowing the current court, I'm sure they would say that this only applies to soldiers, so you're going to be forced to house sailors, marines, airmen, and guardians......

My girlfriend is constantly being forced to act as a barracks for her husband in the army when he's not deployed, can she invoke the third amendment?

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

most people spend their pre-trial period in county jail

Not around here. Jail's hosed and full. You have to do some serious poo poo to spend any significant time in county lockup.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Meme Poker Party posted:

Gonna cover every inch of the house with hentai wall scrolls then quarter some soldiers and allow my home to be searched without a warrant.

Yo, it's 2022, the soldiers are into that poo poo.

Like way into it, you're just gonna end up with a group of muscly soldier bois (and gurls) JO'ing in your living room.

Thank you for supporting are troops.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

AcidCat posted:

Not around here. Jail's hosed and full. You have to do some serious poo poo to spend any significant time in county lockup.

for real? That sounds like a terrible idea

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

for real? That sounds like a terrible idea

Most misdemeanor offenders spend, maybe a weekend in jail and then are on pretrial supervision by the probation department until their case is settled. Which can be months and yeah not too unusual to see over a year.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Im white and middle class so all those ones about not getting arrested and poo poo arent really stuff i have to worry about so i guess any of those ones OP

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Nooner posted:

Im white and middle class so all those ones about not getting arrested and poo poo arent really stuff i have to worry about so i guess any of those ones OP

Don't be too sure, drunk driving is where they get you, it's like law enforcement's Ultra Move on white civvies who think they're untouchable. Personally I don't drive if I'm having even one beer. This is an entry point into the System that gets all races, religions and genders.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I will not remain silent

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

AcidCat posted:

Most misdemeanor offenders spend, maybe a weekend in jail and then are on pretrial supervision by the probation department until their case is settled. Which can be months and yeah not too unusual to see over a year.

and you don't think that is hosed up?
It's only a weekend for a misdemeanor

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

and you don't think that is hosed up?
It's only a weekend for a misdemeanor

I long ago realized that what I think is completely irrelevant.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I relinquish my right to post. One of you dipshits that like to complain in qcs should report me so I can get a probation. Preferably have one of the non pedophile mods do it if there is one available.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

AcidCat posted:

I long ago realized that what I think is completely irrelevant.

fair enough

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

I relinquish my right to post. One of you dipshits that like to complain in qcs should report me so I can get a probation. Preferably have one of the non pedophile mods do it if there is one available.

I don't think they exist

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

Preferably have one of the non pedophile mods do it if there is one available.

Oh poo poo here's a strongboy entering the thread. See, accusing mods of pedophilia, another aspect of ultimate shitposting I just couldn't master.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Alucard posted:

My girlfriend is constantly being forced to act as a barracks for her husband in the army when he's not deployed, can she invoke the third amendment?

I would say yes, but there's not really any precedent interpreting the third. So have her do it and then press the case to SCOTUS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
I NO LONGER PLEAD THE FIFTH