Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Okay here’s the deal. Since we’re not all Americans here, foreigners can pretend you have some of this sweet sweet freedom and participate if you wish.

The powers that be..or were..then got voted out but not before they ruined a bunch of poo poo, have decided that to be fair to the future mothers of incest rape babies, every red blooded star spangled salt of the Earth American must voluntarily relinquish one of his or her civil rights. The good news is that YOU get to choose which one. I’m not choosing until I see a few of your choices because I’m indecisive and change my mind a lot. I’m leaning toward right to bear arms though because I feel that my arms are pretty good sized and toned the way they are, and having bear arms could make it difficult to wipe my rear end.

Now it’s time to choose to lose.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fuckstick fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Not American but if I can relinquish the seventh does that mean I can instead have trial by a weird set of wacky games? Like a Japanese obstacle course show?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Everyone's just going to pick the 2nd amendment, OP.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Fuckstick posted:

Okay here’s the deal. Since we’re not all Americans here, foreigners can pretend you have some of this sweet sweet freedom and participate if you wish.

The powers that be..or were..then got voted out but not before they ruined a bunch of poo poo, have decided that to be fair to the future mothers of incest rape babies, every red blooded star spangled salt of the Earth American must voluntarily relinquish on of his or her civil rights. The good news is that YOU get to choose which one. I’m not choosing until I see a few of your choices because I’m indecisive and change my mind a lot. I’m leaning toward right to bear arms though because I feel that my arms the way they are pretty good sized and toned, and having bear arms could make it difficult to wipe my rear end.

Now it’s time to choose to lose.

I read this post so I relinquish the cruel and unusual punishment one

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Seventh mother fucker! BRING BACK TRIAL BY COMBAT!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

loving Moron posted:

Doesn't work that way my man. Just means you get a trial by judge

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

loving Moron posted:

Ohh you’re just saying that because Elon said it.

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
I feel like the 3rd is outdated enough that it could be safely forfeit. Modern military being what it is, and all that.

An invading military wouldn't honor that anyway and why wouldn't you want a squad of marines camping in your living room if it meant having protection?

I don't think it'd be upheld during any war domestically, so it's probably the safest to give up. It's not like loving redcoats are going to take over my basement...

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'll give up my right to not quarter soldiers in my home.

That one doesn't seem likely to cause an issue for me and if it ever did I feel like it'd be a situation where if soldiers needed to bevouac at my home something so wrong has happened I'm probably long dead or on my way to being so.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
Third. Gimme them sexy soldiers.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I read this post so I relinquish the cruel and unusual punishment one

You are not wrong. I had to edit the gently caress out of this just to make it readable. I’ll own up to it, posting from an iPhone really blows sometimes.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

I’m no constitutional scholar, but the 9th one seems like a gimme, so that one

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Like if the 101st is raiding my fridge for supplies and camping in my back yard a few miles north of Green Bay, in an active war, I'm pretty sure nothing particularly stable is happening where id be able to tell them 'no' if I wanted to.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hahaha! There is devilish behavior right now.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Big Beef City posted:

Like if the 101st is raiding my fridge for supplies and camping in my back yard a few miles north of Green Bay, in an active war, I'm pretty sure nothing particularly stable is happening where id be able to tell them 'no' if I wanted to.

are we fighting Canada in this scenario?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Big Beef City posted:

It pretty much only applies to peacetime. i.e. you can't be forced to act as barracks to save the DOD a few bucks.

quote:

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Of course, knowing the current court, I'm sure they would say that this only applies to soldiers, so you're going to be forced to house sailors, marines, airmen, and guardians......

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Slayerjerman posted:

I don't think it'd be upheld during any war domestically, so it's probably the safest to give up. It's not like loving redcoats are going to take over my basement...

“Hey buddy can I come over to your house for the Super Bowl? Goddamn company of Marines just commandeered my man cave for the night..”

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Yaldabaoth posted:

Everyone's just going to pick the 2nd amendment, OP.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Fuckstick posted:

“Hey buddy can I come over to your house for the Super Bowl? Goddamn company of Marines just commandeered my man cave for the night..”

did they bring beer? or snacks?

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

not American and already don't have the 2nd amendment so hahah jokes on u

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

MREs and a tank trailer that reads “potable water”. Looked lame so I dipped out.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Yeah, a 64 pack of Crayola.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

SRQ posted:

not American and already don't have the 2nd amendment so hahah jokes on u

I'm sorry that you live in a permanent state of fear and abject servitude. It must be awful.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

cult_hero posted:

Yeah, a 64 pack of Crayola.

ha ha! did it have skin color?

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Big Beef City posted:

I'm sorry that you live in a permanent state of fear and abject servitude. It must be awful.

No poo poo. This poor bastard couldn’t even shoot up a schoolyard if he wanted to. Sucks to suck I guess.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Yeah the 3rd Amendment always struck me as a bit odd, since if that issue were ever to come up, it'd probably be in a situation where it's entirely unenforceable.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Fuckstick posted:

MREs and a tank trailer that reads “potable water”. Looked lame so I dipped out.

It was your house, where did you go?

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

I live in constant worry that the Queen will demand my dwelling to be taxes and I will have no recourse as I do not own a firearm.
She once personally came and took all my tea.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

SRQ posted:

I live in constant worry that the Queen will demand my dwelling to be taxes and I will have no recourse as I do not own a firearm.

do you think she's really a lizard person in disguise?

I'm undecided myself, although I know for sure Zuckerberg is, just look at him he barely bothers to hide it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SRQ posted:

All of it? Really? You didn't have a secret stash, hidden just in case. I find that hard to believe

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Devils Affricate posted:

Yeah the 3rd Amendment always struck me as a bit odd, since if that issue were ever to come up, it'd probably be in a situation where it's entirely unenforceable.

During the DC riots, you know that bit where Trump gassed some people to hold a bible? It came up, as people refused troop deployments.
I remember this very vaguely.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

All of it? Really? You didn't have a secret stash, hidden just in case. I find that hard to believe

I plead the fif... wait gently caress.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I don't care if soldiers are quartered at my place but i gotta warn you guys since the pandemic ive been eating mostly pickled eggs and navy beans, so it's 24/7 hot salty farting in a metal trailer with no AC

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mr. Meagles posted:

I don't care if soldiers are quartered at my place but i gotta warn you guys since the pandemic ive been eating mostly pickled eggs and navy beans, so it's 24/7 hot salty farting in a metal trailer with no AC

:shrug: I guess it's better than Afghanistan

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Mr. Meagles posted:

(That's really the best avatar for that post)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Make a move and plead the fifth 'cause ya can't plead the first
Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
imo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m gonna suck all the soldiers off

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m gonna suck all the soldiers off

I don't think that is denied you by the Bill of Rights, so, have fun

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I'm giving up my 18th amendment rights and you can't stop me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Slayerjerman posted:

I feel like the 3rd is outdated enough that it could be safely forfeit. Modern military being what it is, and all that.

An invading military wouldn't honor that anyway and why wouldn't you want a squad of marines camping in your living room if it meant having protection?

Redcoats? In my basement?