Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Anchor Wanker posted:

So, question.

It was mentioned on the first few pages (and by PJ in pasts threads) that Trump may try to start poo poo after he loses. From what I understand, PJ's model has him losing hard and inciting sporadic but short lived violence. What happens if the election is like, really close. Does this give him more leverage to start something?

is there charts. can i see some graphs for this model

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
im very salty about the proper definition of a scientific model uspol i will have you all know

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

Night10194 posted:

I have to know why you would posit he would do so.

For the same reason he thinks he's smart for dodging taxes, and that it's perfectly ok to admit that during a presidential debate. It's all technically legal and maximized his personal gain. It fits with Serrath's explanation that Trump only sees things from the viewpoint of a millionaire CEO.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Honestly I think that him losing a billion dollars in one year will hurt him more than twenty years of not paying taxes.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

HorseRenoir posted:

Honestly I think that him losing a billion dollars in one year will hurt him more than twenty years of not paying taxes.

No chance in hell, imagine you are a single mom being a waitress at pizza hut or some poo poo and you see this trust fund baby hasn't paid taxes in 20 years and while you have been busting your rear end trying to make ends meet and paying the IRS

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Winkie01 posted:

No chance in hell, imagine you are a single mom being a waitress at pizza hut or some poo poo and you see this trust fund baby hasn't paid taxes in 20 years and while you have been busting your rear end trying to make ends meet and paying the IRS

I dunno

"How can such a great business man lose a billion dollars in 1 year?" is a pretty legit sound byte

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Winkie01 posted:

"He wants to keep those mexicans out and lock up $hillary and did you know that obama is a terrorist gay tranny? I wish I could be like him and not pay taxes."

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Like most things, what will matter most is how much he melts down over this.

And it directly insults his business acumen and implies a traitor in his organization, so he WILL melt down, most likely.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Endorph posted:

"He wants to keep those mexicans out and lock up $hillary and did you know that obama is a terrorist gay tranny? I wish I could be like him and not pay taxes."

poo poo, that's a good point. :smith:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Trump Tower and #LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes are both trending right now

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Winkie01 posted:

The biggest appeal of Donald Trump is the narrative of success he's built around himself. His supporters like him because he's a super "successful" rich guy who says what he wants when he wants, and they want to live vicariously through him. Everyone wishes they could skip twenty years of taxes. No one wants to be the fuckup who lost a billion dollars in one year to facilitate that.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
Holy poo poo the next 3 AM tweet storm is going to be amazing.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Behold, the world's first thermonuclear tweet

https://twitter.com/TheDailyEdge/status/782409610397380608

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Epic High Five posted:

also if you think that's troubling, read the piece washpo did on Dylan Roof's world

This and that other wapo article about the trump supporter are pretty depressing. These people's economic situation is not much different than what many inner city people (read: minorities) are also going through. There are very few low skill jobs left that pay a living wage. And now you have businesses salivating at the thought of automating what little ones are left. Self-driving trucks are going to put literal millions out of work. This is something that neither party is addressing. I don't think education is the answer at all. Not everyone is fit for college and there is no guarantee that the market for whatever degree they choose won't go to poo poo by the time they put in their 4-5 years into college (like what happened to my best friend). And plus, what about the people who are already in their late twenties, thirties and up? Even if these people were to go back to college they'd be competing with hordes of new grads for those same jobs.

It's not hard to understand where their feeling hopelessness comes from.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I wonder if Trump has personally responded yet. Guess we'll have to wait until 3 AM...

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/172772609627394049
Anime is real...

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

So I think Hillary and her staff finally figured out a way to damage him in a credible way. We're past nothing matters now. Sure it doesn't matter as much because it'd sink any other politician, but all of this is hurting him.

My guess is that they figured out Trump's weaknesses and are attacking him directly. His campaign is essentially just one person as he doesn't take advice from others or at least not for very long. He can be predictably baited into stupid actions. The people that are campaigning for him- The Christies and Julianis and such have no leadership because their leader is just so incredibly inconstant. So instead of having a clear message they lie because it's really the only avenue left for them.

I think that the Clinton campaign is trying to degrade his ability to sleep and baiting him into rages where he injures himself. Those rages prevent him from sleeping. It's well known that he wasn't getting much before, but if he's furiously tweeting when he should be sleeping he's going to make serious mistakes as he continues to speak off the cuff. Further, Hillary Clinton initiated another Khan-like attack at Trump and he just goes nuts and won't release that bone which destroys his credibility even further with Hispanic people and women.

I think the strategy is to degrade and demoralize him for the next debate. He'll walk into it with two weeks of an increased and previously ongoing sleep deficit while Hillary will be fresh and rested. He'll have a few talking points that he'll make early on but all of that lack of rest is going to get to him. He's going to fall into predictable holes that he's dug for himself like talking about infidelity and she having prepared for that will shovel dirt onto him after he trips into those rhetorical holes.

Not only that, but the debate has to do with foreign policy. He can't study if he can't sleep and he already has a predisposition against learning. He can't stuff enough information into that withered cortex of his in two weeks even if he was fully rested and attentive because he refuses to learn anything. He might be able to trot out some talking points but my guess is that he'll lose his way even faster than last time. He'll grow furious and make amazing mistakes or just ramble like the crazy, sleep deprived out of touch idiot he is.

Plus now that the election cycle has kicked into overdrive Trump can't just let the news cool down anymore. He can't hide behind other republicans at a debate anymore. People are looking at him critically and there's so much poo poo and it's all over him.

And everyone who he leads doesn't know what's going on. They're just covering for a crazy person and hoping they can salvage their careers.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 2, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Pastrymancy posted:

I wonder if Trump has personally responded yet. Guess we'll have to wait until 3 AM...

Apparently Trump was 90 minutes late for an event scheduled while the news broke

Draw your own conclusions

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

Chelb posted:

im very salty about the proper definition of a scientific model uspol i will have you all know

It was really more of a prophecy tbh

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So what direction is Kaine going to take for the debate on Tuesday? Does he hit Pence on how terrible he is or try and go after Trump through him?

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

So were the NY Times sitting on these returns for a while, vetting them, and taking all this poo poo for their reporting lately? Just biding their time, thinking "You fuckers just wait and you'll love us again." Maybe even waiting until they knew it would cause the biggest impact...

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

Chelb posted:

holy moley

My favorite part about this is that for the last ~20 years I've been paying attention to politics Republicans have acted like these taxes did not "count" when they claimed that poor people or 47% or the population doesn't pay taxes and now all of a sudden there is a rich Republican getting pilloried for (potentially) not paying any income taxes and all of a sudden they count. Can we print this statement out and display it somewhere?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Apparently Trump was 90 minutes late for an event scheduled while the news broke

Draw your own conclusions

Apparently it was also a disaster of an event where he obviously rushed through it and then got offstage.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So what direction is Kaine going to take for the debate on Tuesday? Does he hit Pence on how terrible he is or try and go after Trump through him?

I genuinely hope he goes after Pence because there are some people who are convincing themselves that Trump wouldn't be so bad because at least Pence is there to do the 'real work' and I think it needs to be emphasized what Pence's real work is.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

ImpAtom posted:

Apparently it was also a disaster of an event where he obviously rushed through it and then got offstage.

He also questioned whether Hillary was cheating on Bill.

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

HorseRenoir posted:

In fairness, that one billion dollar loss could include prior year losses in it. But it's still delicious

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/dwdavison9318/status/782412363890880512

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He should ignore Pence and just tell dad jokes and play harmonica for 90 minutes.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

God drat it I need sleep but this just keeps getting better

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Hillary should start her next speech by saying "According to Mitt Romney, 47% of Americans pay no federal income tax and now we know Donald Trump is one of them."

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Spiffster posted:

God drat it I need sleep but this just keeps getting better

I just finished Luke Cage and am kinda depressed so this cheers me up

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

he is going to look Pence right in the eyes and go "Trump is unfit."

Pence will then spend the rest of the time trying to justify Trump.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Endorph posted:

Honestly, I have to wonder if there is actually some democratic conspiracy here. As soon as something's had a couple of days to cool, someone hits him with something else. It's like the part in a monster movie where a dude shoots the monster, then another dude kicks it down some stairs, where a third dude is waiting with an axe.

Not a conspiracy, camp Hillary just knows what the gently caress they're doing this time around. They hinted that they have a literal mountain of opposition research on him and sat on it this whole time so they carpet bomb him on the run up to the election. Only They probably didn't anticipate him imploding after the Khans went after him personally and have used the time between now and the convention to refine all that oppo research into not carpet bombing but precision bombing because it turns out Trump is easy as poo poo to bate with the kick off being the debate when the nation actually starts paying attention.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I really want Oliver Stone to make a movie about Trump like he did with Bush.

Just dramatizations of the behind the scenes shenanigans and meltdowns, what was going on with that 90 minute delay and why he had to rush off stage, that kind of thing, except instead of like W, where Bush was still humanized and his attempts to be the person he clearly wasn't due to his own inferiority complex and pressures from his family, this would almost come across as a horror film. I do not want to be the intern who gets stuck with telling Trump any sort of bad news.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I just finished Luke Cage and am kinda depressed so this cheers me up

Aww man don't tell me that I haven't watched it yet? Depressed as in story line or depressed as in execution of the show?

Also Patton Oswalt is all over this.

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/782413358943182849

Remmy the Rat posted:

Right now Melania is on her cell phone, Slovak accent suddenly gone. "Requesting extraction NOW! NOW! The tower's been BREACHED!"

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/782395766182514689

SHIELD AGENT Eric Koening posted:

Seriously, who sent the tax returns? Melania? Tiffany? Ryan? My little grey cells are going crazy!

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/782394913346334720

King OF queens posted:

Oh wow. Whoever sent Trump's tax returns to the @nytimes sent them from Trump Tower. Oh WOW.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I honestly have no idea, Kaine seems like too nice of a guy to actually get into a debate. IMO he should attempt to tie Pence to Trump's most terrible policies, and somehow get Pence to defend them. It's not worked out well for him, and it certainly won't on stage.

Also he should ask what Pence's problem with the X-Men is, because Kaine saw that first movie with his family a few years back and he really liked it.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Spiffster posted:

Aww man don't tell me that I haven't watched it yet? Depressed as in story line or depressed as in execution of the show?

Yeah, no kidding, considering the show was released yesterday. Come on man.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

BaDandy posted:

I really want Oliver Stone to make a movie about Trump like he did with Bush.

Just dramatizations of the behind the scenes shenanigans and meltdowns, what was going on with that 90 minute delay and why he had to rush off stage, that kind of thing, except instead of like W, where Bush was still humanized and his attempts to be the person he clearly wasn't due to his own inferiority complex and pressures from his family, this would almost come across as a horror film. I do not want to be the intern who gets stuck with telling Trump any sort of bad news.

Whoever publishes the first tell all book about his campaign is going to be so rich.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Spiffster posted:

Execution of the show is loving flawless so no worries there

plus it introduced me to this track which I now loving love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_AQFnqMY3E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Maybe Barron sent them. He's good with the cyber.

• Locked thread