Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Get me everyone else on the phone and tell them the patriots offered a first for this player. that should get us two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Throw in Jimmy G, and let's talk.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bears just going to get bad vet qbs until they can draft Clayton Thorson

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
It doesn't seem very Patriots like but Brandin Cooks is an incredible playmaker and still super young so I don't think the value part of it is crazy.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I dunno if I'd want the Eagles to give up their first rounder for Cooks. Gah, there's so much talent in the first round.

Granted. Sam Bradford for Brandon Cooks kinda gives me a hard on.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

89 posted:

I dunno if I'd want the Eagles to give up their first rounder for Cooks. Gah, there's so much talent in the first round.

Granted. Sam Bradford for Brandon Cooks kinda gives me a hard on.

Bwahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

89 posted:

Brandon Marshall is so used to having to circus catch Fitzpatrick's poo poo throws so much that he's gonna make a normal QB look like a God.

Pats currently spend about $11 mil next year on the combination of Amendola and Hogan. Daydreaming if BMarsh could be had for that.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Forever_Peace posted:

Pats currently spend about $11 mil next year on the combination of Amendola and Hogan. Daydreaming if BMarsh could be had for that.

Amendola is taking a pay cut or getting cut.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

I dont believe that at all.

I mean, I believe it's possible.

... that the "package" involved the Saints sending back picks with the first to make it worth way less then the 1st. I also think it has no chance of happening.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 5, 2017

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Forever_Peace posted:

Yeah Cooks was not the Brandon I expected to be linked to the Pats.

An aging, ring-chasing veteran with something to prove, you say?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Silly Burrito posted:

Bwahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

Whenever I'm having a bad day, I just remember the Vikings gave us a 1st round pick for Sam Bradford

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

89 posted:

Whenever I'm having a bad day, I just remember the Vikings gave us a 1st round pick for Sam Bradford

That sounds like the equivalent of me remembering that the Falcons blew a 25 point lead in the Super Bowl.

Good times.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/838462820232671232

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Diva Cupcake posted:

Pauline saying Jets and Bears going "hard" after Glennon with the Bears being the most likely landing spot.

Also DeSean Jackson is believed to be heading to the Bucs with something in the $12m per range.

https://twitter.com/DraftAnalyst1/status/838118267403255809

Glennon stinks

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't understand the picture that goes with that tweet at all. Like here's a pic of Reuben Foster with some sweet rumors about Mike Glennon.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Imagine Mike Glennon actually becomes like a top 15 quarterback or something. Even if your team hasn't had a serviceable QB in a decade, could you really get it up for this?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fsif posted:

Imagine Mike Glennon actually becomes like a top 15 quarterback or something. Even if your team hasn't had a serviceable QB in a decade, could you really get it up for this?

Every time I look back at that photo, I swear his neck grows an inch.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If Mike Glennon is such a great prospect why did the Buccaneers draft Jameis Winston after having Mike for two years?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kalli posted:

If Mike Glennon is such a great prospect why did the Buccaneers draft Jameis Winston after having Mike for two years?

Their owner really believes in his ideals

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/ChatRaiders/status/838487787120676865

I'm interested

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Bennett on the Raiders, that offense :stare:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Vegas book makers have the money on Terrelle Pryor going to the Eagles

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

89 posted:

Vegas book makers have the money on Terrelle Pryor going to the Eagles

...gently caress

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If Mike Glennon weren't a legit NFL starting QB, then why would the storied QB talent evaluators of the Chicago Bears and New York Jets be interested in him????

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Like, seriously, if you were Ryan Pace and you thought Mike Glennon was a good target, wouldn't the news that the Jets were the only other team nearly as interested in him give you some serious self-doubt

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

can't wait to root for mike giraffe throwing to whatever lovely receivers they get off the scrap heap

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

If they don't go crazy paying for him and draft a QB mid round, I am fine with Glennon. We have money to spend. Don't just Osweiler the situation.

Honestly, if they are getting rid of Cutler, I am not sure there is a better option. Tyrod is probably staying. Romo is gonna be a risk for a lot more money. This QB class is apparently weak. Glennon isn't a guy you bring in to save your franchise. He's a placeholder.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The dumb part on the Browns is that they are all about this Moneyball approach and found the perfect situation, Pryor. A QB converted into a reciever. NOTHING was expected of him. Most probably expected him to be cut. Instead he turns in a 1,000 yard season. As a WR convert.

Then the Browns let him back into free agency. Wtf.

We'll take it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jonathan quinn, but his height is all neck

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wow, look at the scouting footage on glennon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZDt52_mxS8

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

89 posted:

The dumb part on the Browns is that they are all about this Moneyball approach and found the perfect situation, Pryor. A QB converted into a reciever. NOTHING was expected of him. Most probably expected him to be cut. Instead he turns in a 1,000 yard season. As a WR convert.

Then the Browns let him back into free agency. Wtf.

We'll take it

Flikken posted:

...gently caress

Just think of that sweet comp pick the Browns are going to get!

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Just think of that sweet comp pick the Browns are going to get!

It's great because we already know how this strategy ends, since they did this last offseason too. They have like fifteen picks in the upcoming draft

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
WTF is going on here...

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/838588037915426817

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

glad happy gilmore's caddy is doing so well

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The NFL has learned nothing from the Brock Osweiler debacle, huh.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kirk Cousins is gonna get paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaid.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Kirk Cousins is gonna get paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaid.

not as much as carr. :sigh:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/838600622085705729

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

well gently caress the panthers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

a patagonian cavy posted:

It's great because we already know how this strategy ends, since they did this last offseason too. They have like fifteen picks in the upcoming draft

It's good that a professional organization like the Cleveland Browns is capable of reaching new highs, like having a chance to set the record for most draft busts in a single draft.

• Locked thread