Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021
Run 7 down with the team Thief/Red Mage/Time Mage/Geomancer on Random Forbidden. Thief was lost to the void, resulting in me doing Phoenix Tower, Island Shrine, Fork Tower and the Great Sea Trench. After Omega was quickleaked to death, Faris had Dualcast, and by the time a set of Movers died, Bartz had Dualcast as well. Shinryu died to a barrage of Dualcast Meteors without ever needing to berserk him. Al-Majesti wiped me twice when trying to Dualcast Meteor it to death, then I got lucky on the third attempt, which won the whole run.

For Run #8, I'm doing RegFF1 on Can of Worms' balance patch, and got Monk/Black Mage/Red Mage/Red Mage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Nemo2342 posted:

:toxx:

Are You Sure You're Using That Thing Correctly?: $1 per run (up to $25) for anyone who takes a picture of themselves attacking Omega with a class that's wielding a completely inappropriate weapon.

This is for charity so you don't actually have to KILL Omega like this, I just want to see Chemists wielding axes smacking the big dumb robot.

Nemo2342 posted:

Update so far:

In light of the current hell world I've doubled the amount I'm donating per completed toxx, and I went ahead and included the bonus pictures people took as well.

Update #2:

I'm all caught up with everyone who has completed the toxx so far.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Mustached Demon posted:

We need a name toxx so here goes y'all:

$2 for each Butz named Sanger (founder of PP) on up to $100. Names also acceptable: services PP provides so mamo, pap, BC, choice, etc.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

DalaranJ posted:

Oh, heck, I better toxx now.

:toxx: Summoner or No Summoner
$4 for every run that has summoner and has only required summons on their spell list (Usually Ifrit and Titan, although it's possible Titan is a crystal in some versions?)
$4 for every run that does not have Summoner and has all summons on their spell list
Cap $100, fifth job and void need not apply

I also did the legendary weapons since you basically have to anyways, but I see it’s been fulfilled!

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Run done. Knight, Berserker, Geomancer, Dancer. I didn't have a ton of fun with this one, I think I got the butt end of 375.

Mustached Demon posted:

$2 for each Butz named Sanger (founder of PP) on up to $100. Names also acceptable: services PP provides so mamo, pap, BC, choice, etc.

Red Metal posted:

Question: What do White Mage, Dancer, Geomancer, Bard, Chemist, and Dancer all have in common?
Answer: They're all Team 750 jobs that can't use rods.

:toxx: 750 minus 750: For every team that beats the game using only the above jobs (doesn't have to be a Team 750 run), I'll donate $7.50.

...can I trouble you for $3.75?

Spelling Mitsake fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 25, 2022

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Run done. Knight, Berserker, Geomancer, Dancer. I didn't have a ton of fun with this one, I think I got the butt end of 375.

Hey! You stole my team! I agree this run kinda sucks.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Sure, why not

:toxx: 375 minus 375: For every team that beats the game with a 375-style team (half 750 jobs, half no750 jobs) with both 750 jobs being White Mage, Dancer, Geomancer, Bard, Chemist, or Dancer, I'll donate $3.75.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021
Run #8 down with RegFF1 team Monk/Black Mage/Red Mage/Red Mage on Can of Worms Balance Patch. This patch is bugged to give Monk !Rapidfire through focus right at world 1. Wait till this is patched before trying this balance mod out.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Cleared my first run of the year, and I've never previously gave Omega or Shinryu a proper shot before, so decided to fire into Omega and wow am I having a hard time. I've got Blue Mage/Knight/Berserker/Beastmaster for the fight, but I'm finding I'm barely getting to do very much damage before most of my party has been Encircled or generally wiped out.

I've tried a few different strategies for it. I'll Mighty Guard at the start ofc, and I've released Great Dragons (but they seem to have a tendency to miss), but beyond that I'm just relying on 1000 Needles for consistent damage. I've tried equipping the entire party with Flame Rings, Reflect Rings (which was the biggest disaster so I don't think that's feasible) and Hermes' Sandles on different attempts. I'm around level 55 across the board too, so I feel like there's probably a better way to handle this. It seems like a strong party and I think I'm levelled enough for it. Anyone got any tips? Oh, I've been playing the Pixel Remaster for this year's Fiesta so I know that affects things a little, and yeah, I have the Aegis Shield and Genji Shield so those have helped.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Beastmaster can release yellow dragons for 9999 damage each. That is unfortunately your best damage option.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

CrashScreen posted:

Cleared my first run of the year, and I've never previously gave Omega or Shinryu a proper shot before, so decided to fire into Omega and wow am I having a hard time. I've got Blue Mage/Knight/Berserker/Beastmaster for the fight, but I'm finding I'm barely getting to do very much damage before most of my party has been Encircled or generally wiped out.

I've tried a few different strategies for it. I'll Mighty Guard at the start ofc, and I've released Great Dragons (but they seem to have a tendency to miss), but beyond that I'm just relying on 1000 Needles for consistent damage. I've tried equipping the entire party with Flame Rings, Reflect Rings (which was the biggest disaster so I don't think that's feasible) and Hermes' Sandles on different attempts. I'm around level 55 across the board too, so I feel like there's probably a better way to handle this. It seems like a strong party and I think I'm levelled enough for it. Anyone got any tips? Oh, I've been playing the Pixel Remaster for this year's Fiesta so I know that affects things a little, and yeah, I have the Aegis Shield and Genji Shield so those have helped.

Better? Ehhhhh.... not really. You don't have good options.

PR means you can't dodge counters by reflecting Search, so that's out. Statistically, you'll almost almost always die to Encircles before you kill with 1000 Needles. There's a 1/3 chance of an Encircle counter on damage, and a variable-by-level (but very high) chance that the Encircle lands. Even with Shell status cutting it in half, you've likely got somewhere around a 1/8 chance of any counter just straight deleting a party member. Gaining some levels will help with that a little bit, but Omega will always have an uncomfortably high chance of landing Encircle on you because it's level 119.

If you really want to take out Omega, there's a strategy that can pretty heavily neuter its Encircle counters, but you basically have to grind out to level 65 or 70. You'll probably want to kill your Berserker, or at least give it a Knife so it can't accidentally penetrate Omega's defense and trigger a counter at a bad time. You also need at least one Reflect Ring in play, to be able to bounce spells onto Omega through its reflect. From there, you've got a (very small) chance to actually land Dark Spark to halve Omega's level. Omega has 90% magic evade and shell and is level 119, so you're still dealing with a less than 1% chance to land, but failed Dark Sparks won't trigger a counter. Your first Dark Spark landed will chop Omega's level down to 59, making it substantially easier to land subsequent casts (still basically no more than 5%). Once you've landed a few Dark Sparks, the odds of Encircle actually killing you on a counter go way down, as do the likelihood of its other status effects actually landing, and you can proceed to Thousand Needle Omega to death with relative safety.

But it's a poo poo strategy and just because it technically works doesn't mean I recommend it. 3 Yellow Dragons will get you most of the way there, but you still need to survive ~25 more Thousand Needles and counter attacks to finish off Omega. Not _impossible_, but certainly frustrating.

Beating Shinryu, by contrast, mostly involves figuring out a way to land berserk status on Shinryu, ideally as the very first action of the fight, at which point you can have your Knight with Guard and Cover just no-sell all the attacks (as long as the rest of your party stays in critical HP for cover). Once you have Shinryu berserked and your Knight in Guard, Shinryu can't hurt you anymore. A character in mini status with the Genji shield also has a 99% chance of blocking physical attacks. Or you can just spend phoenix downs like candy since once Shinryu is berserked it can't actually kill more than one party member at a time.

As for getting Shinryu into Berserk status, well.... there's the Wonder Wand? You can !Release a Mammon and hope that it reflects onto Shinryu and lands?

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Cool, thanks for the help both!

That, uhhh, sounds like a massive slog. I'll give Omega a few more goes before I decide to pack it in, but since I've beaten neither before I'll count it as a win if I can at least just beat Shinryu. Thanks!

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

I had a pretty similar loadout (Samurai instead of Knight) on PR and my kill consisted of waiting for him to cast search (no need to reflect it, I never got countered after he cast it) and then casting a round of 1000 Needles before he does something else. Then between searches I kept the party healed up with White Wind.

Took a really long time and was a slog, but it worked and I didn't have to deal with counterattacks. I had to use a couple Elixirs for the MP refill though.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Olesh posted:

As for getting Shinryu into Berserk status, well.... there's the Wonder Wand? You can !Release a Mammon and hope that it reflects onto Shinryu and lands?
!Release Mammon is the ol' reliable strat, and you can also blind by releasing a Gaiajelly from the same encounter. It's tedious to reset until you hit the Mammon releasing onto a Reflected party member, but it's completely braindead beyond that.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Zonekeeper posted:

I had a pretty similar loadout (Samurai instead of Knight) on PR and my kill consisted of waiting for him to cast search (no need to reflect it, I never got countered after he cast it) and then casting a round of 1000 Needles before he does something else. Then between searches I kept the party healed up with White Wind.

Took a really long time and was a slog, but it worked and I didn't have to deal with counterattacks. I had to use a couple Elixirs for the MP refill though.

If waiting for search works, then basically ignore everything I said previously and just do this ^^.

Your big problem with Omega is the (Encircle) counters, and if you can avoid the counters entirely with patience then you're good

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-9xnFDIMr4

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Wow, this is pretty awesome. I've never seen this instrument and the sound's amazing.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Running Knight, Red Mage, Geomancer and Dragoon and just can't get enough single-target damage to outpace the Seal Crystals' self-healing! But that's kind of OK as this is the first time I've had to find any kind of creative solution with such an intensely vanilla party. Wish I'd had the foresight to pick up some Flame Rings.

Trying to get Float with the Dancing Dagger per this Enkibot quote:

Enkibot posted:

Remember you can get Float from using the Dancing Dagger's Tempting Tango on Poison Eagles after feeding them an Ether on the bridge screen in Drakenvale.
...But for the life of me I'm not getting any Poison Eagle encounters at all on the bridge screen. Just a GBA thing, or a low encounter rate...? Had to go out of my way to rescue Golem because of how many times it'd pop in on this screen, do damage and run away.

Also thoroughly regretting my decision to do this on 3DS homebrew emulator without fastforward. If I had it I could just go to Castle Bal and grind out AP for Red Mage Doublecast. Seriously considering transferring my save to PC for just this section...

e: Nevermind, just got (one) Poison Eagle encounter! Don't mind my bellyaching.

ee: Three of them, in a row. What

free Trapt CD fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jul 30, 2022

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

free Trapt CD posted:

...But for the life of me I'm not getting any Poison Eagle encounters at all on the bridge screen. Just a GBA thing, or a low encounter rate...? Had to go out of my way to rescue Golem because of how many times it'd pop in on this screen, do damage and run away.

FYI, and this is unique to GBA: If you quicksave in an area, then reload that quicksave, you will get the same set of encounters in the same order. For instance, you can predictably encounter Movers and Stingrays in the appropriate areas by quicksaving and quickloading.

So if you're not seeing the encounter you want, try quicksaving. After reloading, well, at least however many battles it takes to find what you want, will be consistent if you do it again..

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

zzMisc posted:

FYI, and this is unique to GBA: If you quicksave in an area, then reload that quicksave, you will get the same set of encounters in the same order. For instance, you can predictably encounter Movers and Stingrays in the appropriate areas by quicksaving and quickloading.

So if you're not seeing the encounter you want, try quicksaving. After reloading, well, at least however many battles it takes to find what you want, will be consistent if you do it again..

Thank you, that will be helpful in future!

Finally managed to get through the Seal Crystals.

Using Confuse with Red Mage was much better than using the Dancing Dagger for dealing with spawn rates and the risk of accidentally killing the Poison Eagles, let alone the risk they'd Beak or attack themselves before getting off a Float on whichever party member(s) need it. Just a probability thing at that point I guess. Still took a few dozen Antidotes and an hour or two, but at least it's over.

Advice to others for the future: if you get stuck in a damage race with one of the self-healing crystals, KOing your low-damage party members to reduce the total amount of healing is a non-starter, especially because spell potency (and thus the crystal's healing) doubles if it's only single-target. Even the slowest Crystal is still fast enough to get two heals off in between synchronised rounds of attack, it turns out. Better to chip down to just yea above 3000 HP as advised and pray for good procs from !Geo and/or Dancing Dagger.

Trying to get clever cost me a couple hours there, too. Thank gently caress that's over!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
If I remember correctly, poison eagle is the rare encounter in that room which means the quick reset trick is by far the best way to get it as it loads the rare up as the second encounter.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I don't remember exactly how far into Drakenvale the bridge is off hand, but imo it's a lot simpler to just go inside that little dead end cave at the very beginning for your poison eagle needs.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

:negative: Thanks both, will keep in mind in case I roll a similar party next year/for a 2nd run this year.

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Mustached Demon posted:

a friend gets theirs from PP, so...

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
Triple crowned pretty easily with monk/geomancer/chemist/mystic knight. PR definitely nerfs chemist pretty hard. I saw streaks of 5-6 misses at a time with succubus kiss. It was still a good fallback for my geomancer to have mix but I felt like I was burning turtle shells fast all the time.

Monk+chemist is cool. I think I read monk damage is closer tied to level than most other weapon damages so chemist can buff them up pretty well.

Mystic knight was pretty underwhelming. I heard they were kind of game breaking but mine missed attacks constantly. I used break/sleep blade a few times but by the end I was just throwing on flare or a weakness if it was a hard boss and missing attacks a lot

Geomancer felt way better than the meme suggests. Mine seemed to really carry me through the games random encounters and rune bell seemed to do a lot more damage on bosses towards the end than I would expect. Might have felt more impactful because MK and chemist kind of sucked for random encounters so it was a lot of spamming kick and Gaia

The team felt like it was tons of prep work between mixing and mystic knight but it was effective.

PR was pretty good. Chemists definitely feel worse, and some stuff felt harder (no shell for almagast) but it’s got a great rearranged soundtrack

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021
Just finished work on my balance patch for the GBA ROM. I tried to combine aspects of Can of Worms and Waddler's patches I felt worked while removing aspects I felt didn't. I also reduced the ABP needed for Dualcast to 400 in this patch. It will be included on the next update of Exdeath.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

Serene Dragon posted:

I'm on my second run and rolled a blue mage so I'm gonna do a blue magic toxx

:toxx: All Blue, All The Time

I will donate $5 per run that gets every blue magic spell, up to $50. Screenshots of the fully filled in list in the magic menu will do. Obtain the full power of !Blue!

Run 9 down with BLUE/ZERK/GEO/DRG. I started on Pixel Remaster while doing the Low Level toxx, but restarted on Project Demi at Barrier Tower, ditching the low level toxx in the process. I will do my next run on my Balance Patch.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Finally picked up my second run the other day. I've got Summoner/Monk/White Mage and was psyching myself up for a 0 power Chicken Knife run... and then of course I get Knight from the earth crystal. Hmm, decisions, decisions...

Also debating whether or not to follow through on Required Summons Only. White mage has me basically covered on the utility side, so that leaves offense. On the one hand, broken rods aren't that much worse than boosted Syldra against single targets. On the other hand, single target damage isn't really where my problem is, especially if I'm not going to be running from fights, plus Ramuh is my only reasonable shot at a triple crown.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

Cattail Prophet posted:

Finally picked up my second run the other day. I've got Summoner/Monk/White Mage and was psyching myself up for a 0 power Chicken Knife run... and then of course I get Knight from the earth crystal. Hmm, decisions, decisions...

Also debating whether or not to follow through on Required Summons Only. White mage has me basically covered on the utility side, so that leaves offense. On the one hand, broken rods aren't that much worse than boosted Syldra against single targets. On the other hand, single target damage isn't really where my problem is, especially if I'm not going to be running from fights, plus Ramuh is my only reasonable shot at a triple crown.

If playing on Pixel Remaster you can do the quicksave glitch to get both the Brave Blade and Chicken Knife.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Run 3: 4 Blue Mages 1 Blue Mage. That's right, it's now possible to get a true solo Blue Mage triple crown without any funky stuff (no Zombies or Fork Tower here).

First, some new bugs, some of which I found!
  • Level 69 (nice) bug. Omega doesn't halve level on Dark Spark but instead just loses 50 (probably caps >100, need to test with Chemist). This actually makes it much easier to kill it with a solo Blue Mage. More details in the description.
  • Roulette Fiesta exploit. Toggling Auto-Attack during the Roulette animation will switch to the previous attack instead, and doing it with a previous Roulette seems to change the results. Fun with Bone Mail (and aging), you can line up characters a certain way to more likely get favorable results. More details in the description.
  • Dance Macabre can proc on a KOed character, reviving them, however they can block the Zombie part with an Aegis Shield so they revive with 1HP instead. Thanks!
  • Level 4 Graviga against a character seemed to display what it would be against the Max HP. The actual damage done is correct.
  • I mentioned it in my previous post, but there's some serious Beastmaster !Capture bug. Not only do captures change but it seems to seriously mess with the scripting and battle system. Freezes common if you go to menus when animations aren't happening.
  • One I heard during The Run: Weight isn't calculated right, it's not exact because the whole system is different but it seems to not be eighthed at all (or, 1 weight equals 1 point of agility penalty). This can lead to some equipment that was faster before being slower.
  • One I heard during The Run: Gravity seems to hit more often against the Crystals (and other enemies?).
  • One I heard during The Run: All items used during the Galuf ExDeath fight return back to you.

Here's my run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acF1HuBSRqs
That's right, a real Shinryu fight due to no Wonder Rod!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbuRn5ze1VY
Finally, solo Blue Mage Omega without a Zombie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOR6C8PFMlg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArPyNOnxiDc

Fun fact, this run would've been a Bard, 2 Geomancers, and a Beastmaster (kinda yikes, I guess technically a triple crown...) but I just happened to choose this one beforehand for my solo run.

ultrafilter posted:

:toxx:four of the same job:toxx:

Jose Valasquez posted:

0 power chicken knife + combined party level under 100 :toxx:

DalaranJ posted:

No Summoner :toxx:

Serene Dragon posted:

:toxx: All Blue, All The Time
In the vid!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The Blue Mage spot has already been taken so that doesn't count but that's definitely one for the annals of FFV.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

nrook posted:

Life's Too Short

I will donate $5 for every run that doesn't use Reflect Rings randomly dropped by or stolen from enemies. It's okay to use the guaranteed drop from Leviathan and the ring found in Istory Falls. I'll donate an additional $5 if you do this and beat Exdeath in World 2 at or under level 25, on all characters.

Run 10 (Random) down with White Mage/Knight/Time Mage/Ranger on my balance patch. All classes can now equip the Masamune and Gold Hairpin. Overall, if you want to try it out, 1.0 is on romhacking.net and 1.1 is included with the newest version of Exdeath. I think I'm done for the season.

CourtlyHades296 fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 15, 2022

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Oh wow, big FFV Pixel patch out. Some weird stuff right from the outset (Brave Blade recovery).. Wonder if the Shell note means Almagest isn't such a pain again. Looks like the Undead HP/MP absorb glitch is fixed.

quote:

Alterations relating to battles
  • The weapon “Brave Blade” has been altered so that attack power lost from escaping battle is recovered one point at a time by winning a set number of further battles. In addition, it will not exceed its original attack power.
  • The weapon “Chicken Knife” has been altered so that its “Scram” effect is not activated when using “Mug” or “Counter”.
  • Weapons that change the effect of “Attack” have been altered so their effects are not activated when using “Counter”. The Chicken Knife’s “Scram” effect is included in this change.
  • The message shown when unable to carry a stolen item has been changed from saying “Couldn't Steal!” to say “Stole (Item Name)” instead.
  • It has been changed so that the number of a weapon owned is not reduced and only the effect is triggered when using “Mimic” to copy the use of a weapon that is destroyed when used as an item. In addition, a bug where progress became blocked under specific conditions has been fixed.
  • It has been changed so that the time magic spell “Speed” is not used when in the “Confuse” state.
  • It has been changed so that when a specific elemental “Absorb” effect is applied on top of a “Cancel” effect through mixing, the “Absorb” will always gain priority.
  • It has been changed so that event text shown in battle cannot be skipped using button inputs and will only disappear through time elapsing. This is to prevent text from being skipped unintentionally.
  • A visual effect was added where the screen flashes if an allied character’s attack scores a critical hit.
  • The way HP deductions are shown when being hit by an enemy’s repeated attacks has been changed so the numbers change at a more natural timing.
  • The tempo when making repeated attacks in battle has been made faster.
  • The time taken when transitioning between screens after escaping from battle has been reduced.

Alterations relating to maps and events
  • It has been changed so that the treasure chests and items that can be stolen by Lone Wolf the Pickpocket are counted in the location information on the world map. After being stolen, a chest or item will be counted if the player investigates it. In either case, these will not affect the overall treasure chest completion percentage or achievement unlocks.
  • Changes have been made so that the mini map is immediately displayed in the top right of the screen after moving to a new map.
  • The default cursor position when selecting to stay at an inn has been changed to the “yes” option.
  • The areas that mouse controls are active for have been expanded, now including situations such as when selecting magic in battle etc.
  • It has been changed so that the ability “Equip Rods” appears close to the other “Equip” type abilities on the menu screen.
  • The point at which the player transitions to the Phantom Village has been altered to make it easier to enter the location.
  • The graphics for the edges of water areas on the world map have been adjusted to look more natural.

Bug fixes
The following bugs have been fixed.
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that these issues may have caused.

Battle related issues
  • Very rarely, battles would not progress correctly under specific circumstances.
  • Sometimes using specific combinations of abilities and equipment would cause unintended behaviour.
  • Some enemies would act unnaturally under specific circumstances.
  • Sometimes the final action an enemy took when defeated would be different to the intended action under specific circumstances.
  • The actions of some bosses would sometimes start earlier than intended.
  • Sometimes odd actions would be initiated when using auto-battle under specific circumstances.
  • Sometimes a character’s maximum MP would decrease after loading save data if they were being affected by certain abilities that increased maximum MP.
  • Sometimes the effects of “Shell” would not function properly against the trigger rate for damage from some enemy magic attacks or detrimental status effects caused by magic etc.
  • Sometimes items would not be consumed properly if they were used while the effects of “Quick” were active.
  • The effects of ”Haste” and “Slow” would not correctly affect the waiting times until some commands were carried out.
  • Actions that were not related to magic would sometimes miss and become unusable while the effects of “Mute” were in play under specific circumstances.
  • Sometimes “Mute” or “Return” would not activate while characters have been removed from battle.
  • ”Flirt” and “Mute” were effective against some enemies and bosses that they should not work on.
  • Sometimes additional effects from attacks would still take effect, even when the physical attack itself has been defended using the summon “Golem”.
  • Sometimes “Call” would not activate properly when MP was low.
  • While characters levels were increased from using “Hero's Rime” in battle, it became impossible to change these levels any further through other actions.
  • The effects of “Spellblade” continued to take effect after changing equipment during battle.
  • The effects of “Focus” and “Two-Handed” overlapped and did not trigger.
  • The effect of “Shirahadori” would trigger even when the user was afflicted by a status that prevented them from acting.
  • Sometimes the effects of attacks would become unnatural if specific weapons were equipped when using “Dual-Wield”.
  • The modifier for a character being in a specific rank of the party formation was applied to the damage inflicted with “Throw”.
  • The damage from “Zeninage” was reduced when the character using the ability was in the “Toad” or “Mini” state or if the enemy was affected by “Protect”.
  • The “Mimic” ability would not be performed correctly under specific circumstances.
  • A Red Mage or “Mime” character could not equip the weapons “Flail” and “Morning Star”.
  • Sometimes the number of a weapon owned would become incorrect if specific inputs were performed when using a weapon that is destroyed when used as an item.
  • Sometimes damage would be inflicted when using “Focus”, “Jump”, “Rapid Fire” or “Sword Dance” while equipping a harp. This has been fixed so that damage is no longer inflicted while a harp is equipped.
  • In situations where an equipped item automatically triggers a status effect, that effect would still be triggered when a the character started a battle in the “KO” or “Petrify” state.
  • Sometimes an allied character in the “Confuse” state would behave unnaturally when performing certain actions.
  • The “Confuse” and “Sleep” states would be removed when a character evaded an attack while in the “Image” state.
  • A character’s appearance would not change while in the “Image” state, regardless of the number of remaining uses. This has been fixed so that two images of the character are shown when there are two or more uses remaining and one image is shown when only one use remains.
  • Sometimes the countdown for “Doom” would slow down.
  • Sometimes the intervals between enemies taking damage from “Poison” would become shorter.
  • Sometimes enemy counterattacks would trigger at unnatural timings.
  • Sometimes the remaining HP for undead type enemies would become incorrect after using a HP absorb type attack and healing them.
  • “Archeoaevis” was able to use “Blaster”. This has been fixed so the enemy uses “Maelstrom” instead.

Map and event related/ other issues
  • There were some areas where the submarine was able to float above ground.
  • There were some places and instances where the world map screen was not displayed correctly.
  • Sometimes some event scenes would not display properly under specific circumstances.
  • Sometimes the graphics or screen progression would become unnatural when loading Quick Save files created in specific circumstances.
  • It was possible to avoid the pitfalls in some dungeons by using “Float”. This has been fixed so that no pitfalls can be avoided by using “Float”.
  • There were situations where the ability “Find Passages” would not work on certain hidden passages or would work in places where no passage existed.
  • It was possible to use “Toad” and “Mini” on characters in the “KO” state from the menu screen.
  • The valuable item “Splinter” was not able to be obtained at a suitable time. This was only a visual presentation issue and did not affect game progression.
  • Some text was not displayed in a suitable manner.
  • Some graphics were not displayed in a suitable manner.
  • Under specific circumstances character behaviour and graphical presentation would act unnaturally.
  • Some BGM and SFX were not played correctly.

Fixes to other minor bugs.
Further updates are planned in future.

Doom Goon fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Aug 17, 2022

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Holy poo poo they made the brave blade not useless :stare:

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

How many battles does it take to recover a point?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Oh boo, looks like they fixed !Flirt.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
oh NOW they fix Mug with Chicken Knife, bastards

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Nemo2342 posted:

Oh boo, looks like they fixed !Flirt.

They did, RIP !Flirtlock.

Hopefully Omniscient still considers !Dance a valid magic command for some reason.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

• Fixed a bug where harps were dealing any amount of damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
The question is whether Chicken Knife decreases to match.