Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1613173749620121602?s=46&t=xP7D0uLMTY6yjG1MR1zXFg

this is like twitter “dying” multiple times over the past few months

No deal in place at this precise moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

And then he went back lol

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

loving pathetic

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

1glitch0 posted:

It's be very funny if the wrestling journalists worked themselves into another shoot here.

What's funny is SRS of all people was out here saying that it was all unconfirmed rumors and he couldn't track anything down and he thought it was mostly BS.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

MasterSitsu posted:

The people out there saying WWE got a huge offer and are feeding rumors out there as a trial balloon to see if it would torch the brand may be right

Following Wizards of the Coast's "OGL 1.1" lead, I see

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

It was a good night while it lasted. :unsmith:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

What an absolute coward.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
If Bloomberg, WSJ, etc., aren't reporting anything on a deal, there is no deal. Should have been pretty obvious from the jump. We aren't going to learn about Saudi Arabia's acquisition of WWE from Bryan loving Alvarez, lmao

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Guess we can focus on the important news now, lmao the loving meat shoes are real

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
Zero chance WWE or Vince is floating sale rumors or trial balloons, unless they want to find out what the SEC actually cares about. You don’t get yourself put under a consent decree when you’re trying to be lean and mean for a sale, unless someone as stupid as Elon Musk is looking to buy you

[looks at MBS]

poo poo, maybe

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jackofarcades posted:

What's funny is SRS of all people was out here saying that it was all unconfirmed rumors and he couldn't track anything down and he thought it was mostly BS.

SRS is generally very good about doing this and for the most part looks into the sources feeding him odd stories. There are obviously exceptions but he asks the obvious questions some won't.

What's most funny is people taking WWE company statements as evidence something isn't brewing when every WWE statement for the last few weeks has ended up being completely wrong.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Professor Funk posted:

If Bloomberg, WSJ, etc., aren't reporting anything on a deal, there is no deal. Should have been pretty obvious from the jump. We aren't going to learn about Saudi Arabia's acquisition of WWE from Bryan loving Alvarez, lmao

We didn’t, we learned about it from kermit125

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Professor Funk posted:

Of course we won't hear it from Bryan, he's a coward. It was Kermit125 who reported on it.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

lmao

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

We didn’t, we learned about it from kermit125

MorningMoon posted:

Of course we won't hear it from Bryan, he's a coward. It was Kermit125 who reported on it.

I bet he's sipping his cup of Lipton tea and finishing a sentence with "but that's none of my business" right about now

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Kermit125 always had the good scoops though like how Cody was going back to WWE after it was incredibly obvious and been hinted at on their shows for weeks, who are you people to doubt them

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kermit125 had Sharmell going into the Hall of Fame last year. I'll believe anything the frog says.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I bet he's sipping his cup of Lipton tea and finishing a sentence with "but that's none of my business" right about now

:lol:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 37 minutes!
Leave kermit alone

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Kermit125, or as some call her, Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Isn’t Kermit the guy who’s privately shown the Reddit mods his authentic wwe credentials or something

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

https://youtu.be/57ta7mkgrOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Would an acquisition of WWE by the Saudis would also have to go through CFIUS review? It wouldn't be as big of an issue as, say, the Chinese buying a U.S. telecom or tech companies, but that's a whole separate animal that could make a deal with the Saudis extremely complicated.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Isn’t Kermit the guy who’s privately shown the Reddit mods his authentic wwe credentials or something

is that what he's calling it

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
My heart will break if this news isn't real

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
“There isn’t a done deal” doesn’t contradict anything we’ve heard so far. You don’t take a company private and delist it overnight. Vince could have had a handshake on the number in Riyadh two weeks ago and it wouldn’t be executed yet. A *lot* of people have to get involved to actually process the sale; they will not be included in small list principals under NDA during the due diligence and negotiation. There’s always a time when everything breaks after a deal is “done” and before it’s done

Not saying it’s guaranteed but nothing is contraindicated yet

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Right so now instead of being future endeavored talent is gonna just be Khashoggied

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Trust the frog

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

David Faber on CNBC just rubbished the Saudi sale rumors and said the sale book hasn't even gone out yet. He also said some prospective buyers aren't sure Vince even wants to sell the company and that he's just looking for a way to remain in charge.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 37 minutes!
it’s a work

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

How would shareholder voting work on a sale like this? Can Vince single-handedly approve any sale because of his voting rights?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If I can't trust kermit125 I don't know who I can trust

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

a.lo posted:

it’s a work

A work that’s also a shoot!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If Zayn goes over this, I can see Owens asking to go with him.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

And being told no you made your bed out of a giant bag of cash now lie in it

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
WWE did 9/11

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

your friend wicka posted:

How would shareholder voting work on a sale like this? Can Vince single-handedly approve any sale because of his voting rights?

Yes, but as the controlling shareholder he also has fiduciary duties to the minority owners (separate from his fiduciary duties as a Board member). So he can’t just ram through a lovely deal without subjecting himself to high stakes deal litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery that might unwind the transaction. That probably wouldn’t matter re: a hypothetical Saudi deal, though: they would almost certainly buy the Company at a huge premium so the stockholders getting cashed out would have nothing to complain about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’ve been working with a team of researchers through the night and we’ve finally got the confirmation we were searching for

https://youtu.be/tin-utUKnFg

The forehead man henchman isn’t just a photoshop we found a video of this guy in action and you won’t believe your eyes