Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Upcoming uniques

Valyrium looks rather good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

whypick1 posted:

Upcoming uniques

Finally, armore that lets me store some potions in my codbasket.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

whypick1 posted:

Upcoming uniques

Kondo's Pride looks worse than Doomsower

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
e: wrong, mixed up items

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Valyrium looks great with Cast when Stunned

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

ronya posted:

Valyrium looks great with Cast when Stunned

Oh poo poo, good observation, time to theorycraft

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

dis astranagant posted:

Kondo's Pride looks worse than Doomsower

Holy poo poo 5% crit chance. Why the gently caress is it not a Lithe Blade? It's even a goddamn katana. It appears to have the second highest PDPS of any unique in the game, but it's not crit themed at all aside from some really lovely mods.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Those look mostly awful.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Praxis is a leveling unique, Valyrium is interesting, Kondo's is hot loving garbage.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Those look mostly awful.

Counterpoint: Those all look good.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

Praxis is a leveling unique, Valyrium is interesting, Kondo's is hot loving garbage.

Almost 500 pdps with built in leech and 50% inc melee damage (not phys, melee) on bleeding targets. Grab RT and another bleed source and you have a great weapon. I dont get why people are always so quick to judge items as either useless or overpowered. There's room for stuff in between.

E: Or go crit cyclone/eq juggernaut. Great attackspeed + accuracy from the ascendancy

E2 for clarity: inc melee damage buffs elemental damage, so you get a buff to hatred/taste of hate/added fire/vinktars/heralds that stacks with WED.

TheRat fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Aug 5, 2016

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Accuracy Jugg was what I was thinking. I'm way too lazy to run the numbers, but just grabbing a bit of inc crit strikes and not having to worry about maxing chance / multi seems cool.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Let me rephrase that: as a crit weapon, it's garbage.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

Let me rephrase that: as a crit weapon, it's garbage.

It's not though. It's good with a drawback, as it should be. The recent influx of superbroken uniques with no drawbacks is pretty depressing.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

FYI 33% chance to crit = same chance to blind as using Blind gem. So if you get 33% chance to crit it's a "7 link" in the same sense that BoR is a 7 link. Bleed on crit is also more or less worth a gem link but you get that from Voidheart too. And the leech/50% increased damage is worth a few skill points.

I'm guessing a high roll Kondo's is like a 10-15% damage upgrade on Doomsower but you lose 15% aoe/10% phys as fire if you're using Doomsower as your main link. On the other hand, no one uses their weapon as their main link and no one uses red gems with swords so those parts of Doomsower aren't great in the first place.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
That assumes that Voidheart is going to make it past this league and not immediately go into legacy, never to be seen again.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

TheRat posted:

Counterpoint: Those all look good.

I for one, agree with rat.

TheRat posted:

The recent influx of superbroken uniques with no drawbacks is pretty depressing.

I no longer agree.

Alternatively you can go some crit CI trickster build with that. If you can get lucky, get your hands on a shavs revelation in a temp league, you can reserve all your mana for auras, have no mana cost for flicker or cyclone, and not worry about having no leech because you stack ES regen.

But who knows what the game will be like next league. I am just assuming that all of the prophecy fated uniques and drops from the pale court/proph chains will stay in the past and either be non-existent or incredibly rare. I do think Cospri's will get nerfed, hopefully they leave a legacy version.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

funmanguy posted:

I no longer agree.

I thought you of all people would agree with me that it's better when rares are your optimal endgame weapon :-/. Having everyone use the same unique weapon is really boring and takes away a lot of the fun of hunting for the perfect rares.

funmanguy posted:

But who knows what the game will be like next league. I am just assuming that all of the prophecy fated uniques and drops from the pale court/proph chains will stay in the past and either be non-existent or incredibly rare. I do think Cospri's will get nerfed, hopefully they leave a legacy version.

I think cospri's itself is fine really, they just really badly need to do something about poison.

TheRat fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 5, 2016

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

TheRat posted:

I thought you of all people would agree with me that it's better when rares are your optimal endgame weapon :-/. Having everyone use the same unique weapon is really boring and takes away a lot of the fun of hunting for the perfect rares.

I think cospri's itself is fine really, they just really badly need to do something about poison.

I love a good rare item weapon, i used my mirror on standard to get a nice physical sceptre just yesterday. I also ID way more rare weapons than most people looking for really good ones. But I just really like playing strong builds. I am that guy who played mtg and only played the best deck in the meta, because for it thats fun. Thats why i enjoy powerful uniques, its wholly selfish and without any concern for the state of the game overall, but i don't care, its fun.

Also ive been using cospris a bit and for me, its the strongest unique this league. If they continue to leave poison in the game as its been the last few leagues then cospris is an easy target for nerf.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

The only thing keeping me from wearing Cospri's over my 6L Lightning Coil on my current Ranger is that I can't afford a 6L Cospri's/Reach of the Council and I'm not willing to blow 1000 fusings trying to manually 6L one of them.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

TheRat posted:

I think the best solution for this, with new endgame content coming, is to add additional higher tiers of better item mods to the rare item pool. I'd be really surprised if they don't already have this lined up, actually. Bam, the rare item nerds get to have an optimization exercise for their BiS item. IMO the best numerical items should be rares, but the difference between them and a top tier unique should be like 20% at most. It's just not fun or feasible for the majority of players to deal with the mirrored rare item system. Maybe if mirrors were more common, you could force more crafting for top tier items, but as it stands nerfing the good uniques is bad for 99% of players' game experience.

Also IMO more nerfs should be directed at damage mitigation sources rather than DPS sources, or at least provide more different mutually exclusive defensive options. Every Hardcore player using Lightning Coil and Taste of Hate is no better than overuse of Council's Reach or whatever.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
the tail is crazily, improbably long

that is, a "normal" player has exactly zero exalts and has maybe some chaos from dutifully doing the chaos recipe a dozen times, whereas a handful of dedicated players have hundreds of ex

I'm not sure GGG has a way to make crafting more accessible without utterly devaluing currency

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

ronya posted:

the tail is crazily, improbably long

that is, a "normal" player has exactly zero exalts and has maybe some chaos from dutifully doing the chaos recipe a dozen times, whereas a handful of dedicated players have hundreds of ex

I'm not sure GGG has a way to make crafting more accessible without utterly devaluing currency

I have way more chaos from drops than from recipes.

I'm not so sure the average player bothers with sets that much.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I think that sword needs a shitload of accuracy to be worth using without RT.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Gibbo posted:

I have way more chaos from drops than from recipes.

I'm not so sure the average player bothers with sets that much.

It's really easy if you horde all your 60+ jewelry. Put it all in a tab and start picking up the remainder of sets while you map.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The really pro players don't even do the chaos recipe and just spam high-yellow and low-red maps.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

The really pro players don't even do the chaos recipe and just spam high-yellow and low-red maps.

I've been recommending this even to casual players ever since the quant changes. High tier maps just have so much quant/rarity now its not worth spending time on chaos recipe. Especially not with chaos dropping in value vs ex.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Rare rings and amulets are like the one rare that I will always pick up, because 1) what if and 2) it's one item space, whatever. I got quite a bit of good jewelry this league and made some good enough scratch from it.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I like uniques having drawbacks but I also really like uniques having build-enabling traits like Varunastra's "counts as all one-handed weapons" or Chin Sol's point blank feature.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I just throw all my junk jewelry and a few belts here and there in a tab. Early in a league I'll price this tab at 1c, since people sometimes do buy junk jewelry. Later on I'll raise or remove the price since I don't want to leave a map for a 1c trade.

Eventually I'll notice there is a fair amount of jewelry in there and at the end of a map if I have spare inventory space I'll pick up other rares to complete a chaos set on the way out. It takes very little time to do it this way and I only really actually vendor the sets at the end of a session when I'm done mapping and just pricing poo poo or ready to log out. I still think it is very worth doing, particularly for builds that aren't optimized enough to blast through every map in 2-5 minutes.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Regardless of the crit mods and whether they're good or not, Kondo's Pride is still gonna be almost BIS for 2h builds that use skills that don't require a mace/staff, just because of that DPS. In that respect it doesn't really have any drawbacks :shrug:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Count Uvula posted:

Regardless of the crit mods and whether they're good or not, Kondo's Pride is still gonna be almost BIS for 2h builds that use skills that don't require a mace/staff, just because of that DPS. In that respect it doesn't really have any drawbacks :shrug:

Shown dps is in range for Doomsower (which can hit 480something and is cheaply available at 450). So if you're gonna go RT with it you're basically just choosing between aoe vs leech assuming they don't give swords a good red skill.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

Shown dps is in range for Doomsower (which can hit 480something and is cheaply available at 450). So if you're gonna go RT with it you're basically just choosing between aoe vs leech assuming they don't give swords a good red skill.

why not just put the totem in the doomsower

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Kild posted:

why not just put the totem in the doomsower

I ran that this league. It was ok but waiting for grandpa to wake up and kill dudes always feels just slightly clunky. I get why it's there but my playstyle felt a lot better with cyclone.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I don't think kondo's look all that bad. Comparing the damage from the one ggg showed us to the large range of damage on doomsower rolls, kondo's isnt just as good, its dramatically better. If someone can figure out a way to ignore or even leverage the drawbacks from kondo's it could be a really good item.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

What build actually uses cospri's will to its fullest extent anyway? Blade Vortex? I tried it with a bladefall trapper but it didn't seem any better really than using coated shrapnel jewels, so I sold it at a profit.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mince Pieface posted:

What build actually uses cospri's will to its fullest extent anyway? Blade Vortex? I tried it with a bladefall trapper but it didn't seem any better really than using coated shrapnel jewels, so I sold it at a profit.

you can do a lot with curse on hit corrupted gauntlets, with those you basically can do any build that utilizes physical or chaos damage (for the free poison)

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I'm doing assassin tshot/barrage with reach and cospri's. Got vuln on his winds of change which curses the first hit, poisons the second hit, then starts dealing obscene Dots because of assassins Toxic Delivery node.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

funmanguy posted:

I'm doing assassin tshot/barrage with reach and cospri's. Got vuln on his winds of change which curses the first hit, poisons the second hit, then starts dealing obscene Dots because of assassins Toxic Delivery node.

I'm guessing that's mostly useful for bosses? Or do you not one-shot everything offscreen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Item crafting of some form is in the new league.
Sounds like it might be a regal and exalt sink from the hints in the post, to me. Though I hope it's possible with early currency like alchs and chaos orbs just so it's more accessible to exaltless plebes like me.

• Locked thread