Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Drone posted:

Hey better get on Air Force One quick because uhhh:

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1349012040657072135

If anyone's interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyIoPJoja5s&t=540s Hard to hear with the sound of the helicopter and nothing too surprising said, from what I heard. He first complained about big tech, responded to a reporter's question about what he said last Wednesday was totally appropriate, then took off.

E: Have a baby ocelot for the new page:

Kalit fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Jealous Cow posted:

This would make such a fun derail but I’ll avoid kicking off a debate. Your position is interesting and I’d love to argue through it and see what shakes out.

That's a good opportunity for me to create my first thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3955262

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

VitalSigns posted:

Holy poo poo

I did not expect that...is this...the mattering?

I'm sure their conscience tells them to retain power no matter what and the best way to do that is to placate Trump's base. I would love to be wrong though.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

VitalSigns posted:

Holy poo poo

I did not expect that...is this...the mattering?

I mean, it's significant in the fact that the last time showed an ironclad wall of Republican defense. It's basically allowing Rs the ability to make their own choice regarding whether they go down with the ship.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Aramis posted:

Anti-hacking laws are weird, but this is not outlandish. The law doesn't care how good of a job you do at securing your system, it only cares about whether someone intentionally bypasses whatever measures you have in place. It's kind of stupid from a technical level, but it at least makes things very clear from a legal standpoint.

A site using an encryption method that is known to be easily breakable does not cancel the criminality of breaking that encryption. What matters is the intent. This is just that principle taken to its extreme, and I, personally, do not trust the legal system to make decisions based on technical considerations like strength of encryption, or what constitutes encryption at all.

This was literally the case that established the precedent question about whether public URLs that were easily available but not linked consisted of enough of a security system to pass that test. weev became a cause celebrate because of it with a lot of EFF types signing on to defend him because of the precedent the case was setting. He lost and so now it is!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

LeeMajors posted:

His whole loving life has been on Easy Mode and he can't help but just pat himself on the head like a Good Boy™ at all times.

It's loving pathetic.

He has to find it wherever he can because Fred never hugged him or told Donnie he loved him, ever.

Crini
Sep 2, 2011

How is this possible? I was under the impression that anytime the president travels anywhere there’s an advance team, lots of preparations are made, etc.

I realize the current administration is not exactly a well oiled machine, but I would think that institutions around it, such as the secret service, would take care of some of this.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

SocketWrench posted:

I'd take this with a grain of salt. It's from August, Trump hadn't launched a coup yet.

Trump and the Republican Party has been gutting benefits to service members but just awful, terrible, myopic rear end backwards foreign policy decisions that absolutely no one likes from the dumbest marines to the oldest crustiest Generals. There's some good reddit threads on more specifics but the military is absolutely not a fan of Trump.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Crini posted:

I realize the current administration is not exactly a well oiled machine, but I would think that institutions around it, such as the secret service, would take care of some of this.

Nothing is well oiled under Trump and its unsurprising that even the Secret Service is feeling the crunch of Trumpism breaking everything.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Tibalt posted:

I still doubt the Senate convicts at this point unless Trump keeps starting poo poo.

I expect McConnell will stall things out until after inauguration, which will then give republican senators cover to argue that it's moot and vote against, thereby not enraging the chuds but also having a socially acceptable excuse

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Yes, Trump and his supporters basically made him plutonium. No one wants to handle him...well except for Republicans because this is team politics. I mean really, what is sedition and a failed coup attempt in the grand scheme of things anyways?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

...how can you vote on something you don't have?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Tibalt posted:

It does indicate a general decision by Republican congressional leaders that trying to shield Trump isn't worthwhile.

It's not a huge deal, but 'ensuring the impeachment doesn't have a supermajority bipartisan vote' is a pretty low bar to achieve and helps a lot Trump from a messaging perspective, so it seems telling. I still doubt the Senate convicts at this point unless Trump keeps starting poo poo.

A lot depends on whether there's another attack at any of these state-level nazi rallies or if there's innocent blood spilled at the inauguration. If they blow up a school bus or something, I can see republicans voting to convict.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

SocketWrench posted:

Yes, Trump and his supporters basically made him plutonium. No one wants to handle him...well except for Republicans because this is team politics. I mean really, what is sedition and a failed coup attempt in the grand scheme of things anyways?

When your entire party is basically a rehash of the last seditionist movement that cursed the country, why should sedition matter? The Party of Lincoln is also The Party of the Confederacy.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Freudian slippers posted:

It sure looks like him and Norris is a confirmed ultraconservative.

Anyone who hasn't should go to youtube and search for 'Chuck Norris 1000 years of darkness'

It's an infomercial that aired nationally where he says that electing Obama as president will bring on the end times and destroy the world.

That's pretty much when I stopped considering conservatives rational.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

CommieGIR posted:

When your entire party is basically a rehash of the last seditionist movement that cursed the country, why should sedition matter? The Party of Lincoln is also The Party of the Confederacy.

Today they are, yes, but the Confederacy was largely Democratic and Lincoln was the only good Republican ever.

Edit: maaaaaaaybe Eisenhower.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1349022175731318784?s=09

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/JanNWolfe/status/1349016018191081475

chud who killed the cop with a fire extinguisher has on a nice fire department beanie

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

DarkCrawler posted:

...how can you vote on something you don't have?

You try to approximate it after research.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Goons love to assume that all troops are chuds but the evidence suggests Trump's been bleeding military support since like mid 2017 or some poo poo

The military sucks but it's it's own thing and the top brass have repeatedly blown Trump off.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

drat, this might reach Pelosi after all :stare:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Quixotic1 posted:

Anyone know where to look at what previous presidents did in their last weeks/lame duck period before new administrations take office?

If it were me, I'd be achieving my goal of having sex in every room of the white house.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

BiggerBoat posted:

Next it will be how we really shouldn't politicize this attack in the US Capitol something something both sides.

Well the very first words he uttered as president were "this American carnage stops right here and right now" so I can think of one of promise he didn't keep.

You're way more optimistic than I am. Trump has gone almost 6 days edging and without beating off about how he's everyone's favorite president, fake news rigged election or receiving a single accolade about how great he is and he's going to put on a loving show and absolutely explode. Look at these tweet rates:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_on_social_media#Rate_of_tweets

That's the pattern of an addict and he badly needs his fix right now, especially knowing he's only got a week and more or less nothing to lose at this stage.

I mean sure, some of it will be lazy and meandering but that's all of his speeches. He'll keep going until he gets the "USA USA USA", LOCK _________ UP" and "STOP THE STEAL" chants he so desperately craves and I guarantee he will say something inflammatory and inciting.

It's all he has left - angry armed rednecks - but they're ALL IN and now we're into the second tier where the Dry Powder Saving the Country Brigade gets their shot. "Next man up" as they say in sports.

Watch some of that footage from 1/6/21 again and take a look how many times they invoke god, recite the lord's prayer, say the pledge of allegiance, sing the star bangled banner and cite one Christ, Jesus H. They think they're on a mission from god, there's a LOT of them and many are in the police force, the military and in the halls of congress.

9/11 and any other number of god inspired terrorist attacks should show us what just a few angry, motivated, armed religious zealots can really accomplish. Anyone showing up for this is scared, armed and angry (a dangerous combination) and really considers themselves a citizen of a Christian nation that is in the midst of being attacked and stolen by Communist pedophiles.

I'm not going to hand wave away or make jokes about any of the poo poo I'm seeing and reading (not saying you are)

Nothing like watching them march on the capitol to beat, gas, possibly capture, and kill people while chanting "TRUMP IS PRESIDENT, CHRIST IS KING!". In the long run, if there is a Christian god, I take enjoyment in knowing these fuckers are going straight to hell

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Qwertycoatl posted:

I expect McConnell will stall things out until after inauguration, which will then give republican senators cover to argue that it's moot and vote against, thereby not enraging the chuds but also having a socially acceptable excuse

Maybe? It's hard to say. Once inauguration passes, this trial becomes the ultra focus of the entire planet; with everything else going on, there may actually be less attention on the trial prior to inauguration, and McConnell would have no control afterwards.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Chuck Fleischmann, our own Congressnazi (TN-3), has it as well.

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2021/jan/10/fleischmann-covid-politics/539443/

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

You know, it's almost like if your boy and his gaggle of idiots hadn't tried to coup the US government you'd likely still have your honorary bullshit title

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Can't Pelosi just... remove all members who refuse to wear a mask? Bar entry to them?

They removed people for wearing hoodies why not this?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

"If you continue to impeach me there will be violence." In the middle of an impeachment for launching a violent mob at Congress he, uh, threatens to launch a violent mob at Congress.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Murgos posted:

"If you continue to impeach me there will be violence." In the middle of an impeachment for launching a violent mob at Congress he, uh, threatens to launch a violent mob at Congress.

There's going to be violence by alt right fucks matter what happens.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Push El Burrito posted:

Can't Pelosi just... remove all members who refuse to wear a mask? Bar entry to them?

They removed people for wearing hoodies why not this?

Temporarily bar entry on health and safety grounds maybe, but it takes 2/3 of the House or Senate to permanently remove someone from either body

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1349017323458453510?s=21

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

This man is an existential threat to the loving planet jesus christ.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Wait, has he never said that it was wrong for people to storm the capitol?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Doctor Butts posted:

He read a teleprompter that said it was wrong.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Doctor Butts posted:

He did basically by force but now he's walking it all back on whatever channels he has left before he strokes out at some point

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

He can never be wrong. If he every shows contrition for anything he always walks it back moments later.

Can we end the gaslighting. Why doesn't this tweet just, 'reporting' his words include a statement saying he's full of poo poo? So, loving exhausted of amplifying lies and hatred by giving it equal weight.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Today they are, yes, but the Confederacy was largely Democratic and Lincoln was the only good Republican ever.

Edit: maaaaaaaybe Eisenhower.

Yes and no. The party swap in the 1960s made that untrue: The Dems of the Civil War are the Republicans of today. This was the same argument that the GOP likes to throw around, but they themselves largely know where they came from.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I swear, if any elected official ever again utters the words "Many people" as an excuse for their actions without a single citation...

It's the one thing that's been pissing me off throughout the past 4 years. Why press haven't been just constantly following up every "many people" excuse with a loving simple "Like who, exactly?" will be forever beyond me.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Xaerael posted:

I swear, if any elected official ever again utters the words "Many people" as an excuse for their actions without a single citation...

It's the one thing that's been pissing me off throughout the past 4 years. Why press haven't been just constantly following up every "many people" excuse with a loving simple "Like who, exactly?" will be forever beyond me.

They have. He repeats "Many people. Experts. The best people, really" and then the cavalcade of bullshit continues unabated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

So far like 3-4 Democratic reps in the house have COVID right? Isn't this going to make the majority even more precarious due to their absence?