Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Nothings gonna change because Vince is back. Now he's back specifically to change everything, and it's all going to change, but nothing will change.

I don't totally disagree with you, but I think one thing you need to remember is that nothing will change. Everything won't change, some things might change, but ultimately nothing will change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Rarity posted:

There's always the chance being owned by a media conglomerate would drive the locker room to unionising because suddenly they're part of the same workforce as actors and such

Didnt happen when Turner Broadcasting bought WCW, unlikely to happen now.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

If the WO report is true HHH and Vince aren't talking so he's already lying. Unless we think Nick is passing notes back and forth about who goes over in the 3rd hour of Raw.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Six months ago the line from WWE and the co-opted media was that Vince was the booking genius who was the only person capable of running WWE, now Papa H has to reassure the locker room that the senile batty old coot who can’t remember their names won’t be coming back to ruin their careers lol

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wonder if this one will be as important in hindsight as that meeting in wcw where they said “if you dont like it you can leave” and raven and konnan bailed

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
my "I am fully in control of wwe creative" shirt is asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rarity posted:

There's always the chance being owned by a media conglomerate would drive the locker room to unionising because suddenly they're part of the same workforce as actors and such

It’s the basic reason I stand by the opinion no major corporation is ever gonna buy WWE. It’s a year long circus of labor violations that you’d have to get insurance for. Lawyers would laugh their way out of the board room.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Kody Kahn

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby: oh yeah that locker room is completely screwed

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1614028871988400130?s=46&t=4zdONqWllLDT064adkSWrw

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Kevin Dunn was just excited to announce that he is now the spokesman for Buc-ee's

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I would definitely believe my boss telling me nothing was going to change like 4 days after the CEO was fired 4 days after telling me nothing was going to change

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

we can find im out if Vince is in charge of creative by seeing if bray is on smackdown tn

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I can't imagine Vince deferring to anyone on anything.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Zombie Lemur posted:

I can't imagine Vince deferring to anyone on anything.

He defers creative decisions to HHH; it just so happens that HHH always agrees 100% of the time with Vince's ideas and suggestions :v:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n25t31IBgeE

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I think the reality of the situation is there's no good buyers for WWE. Either you have a monopoly, a Saudi Propaganda company or another meaningless acquisition by a corporate megalith who will just defer everything to Vince and not give a poo poo about the product itself otherwise.

So long as the 'Saudi Propaganda Company' is avoided we avoid the worst-case scenario. Which is exactly why it will happen.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The only part of the WWE worth caring about is the video library. If Tony had it I'd actually subscribe to a WWE Network deal

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/1614053257030111234

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Banning your wrestlers from streaming and then giving a wrestler a streamer gimmick. Thats the Fed we know and love.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Data collector, the job(? Hobby?) we know and love

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
She's the pervert in those NordVPN comericals they have on tv. She has your browser history and is getting off on it

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Jobe from Lawnmower Man, but a wrestler.

She conjures lovely CGI killer bees to attack her opponents and makes all the phones in the arena ring at the same time.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gonz posted:

Jobe from Lawnmower Man, but a wrestler.

She conjures lovely CGI killer bees to attack her opponents and makes all the phones in the arena ring at the same time.

Beads?!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i still dont get the viking raiders like im not an expert in norse history but isnt that like calling a tagteam "the wrestling wrestlers"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Kvlt! posted:

i still dont get the viking raiders like im not an expert in norse history but isnt that like calling a tagteam "the wrestling wrestlers"

What if instead it was "The Wrestling Experience"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

kevin dunn having something interesting to say is some of the worst clickbait bullshit ive seen in a while

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Kevin Dunn spent the entire meeting begging people to come up with life threatening scenarios he could put himself through to win over the new owners.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

the legacy of Solomon Crowe lives on!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The QR codes were back tonight lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The QR codes were back tonight lol

My Q, R you serious WWE?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Is that NXT wrestler just 2023 Terry Taylor, the Computerized Man?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

QR codes are the only over thing in this stupid company. Can't wait for Ryan Satin to excitedly reveal the answer

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

scoops aren't legit unless they're behind at least a combined vague tweet and a paywall

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
They're for Q Arrr, a Q Anon pirate gimmick.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
It is interesting that however many years ago, Shad Khan was like “I guess you can have the budget for your AEW thing, you kids are just going to waste my money after I’m dead anyway” and now he apparently is down with trying to buy WWE. Tony really sold him on this wrestling thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

StarkRavingMad posted:

It is interesting that however many years ago, Shad Khan was like “I guess you can have the budget for your AEW thing, you kids are just going to waste my money after I’m dead anyway” and now he apparently is down with trying to buy WWE. Tony really sold him on this wrestling thing.

I like to think Shad was sold at the first Fyte For The Fallen show, when he came in the ring to present the charity check, and Cody introduced him to the crowd, and the crowd cheered. He got this huge smile on his face that said "OK, I get this."