Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Warner Archive has some of the 70s Roddenberry tv pilots/movies and I’m always on the verge of buying them during the sales, but ehhhhhh I dunno if I can really handle that much unconstrained Gene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Powered Descent posted:

Welcome to Paradox is one of those 90s sci-fi shows that no one else ever seems to remember. Wikipedia backs me up that I wasn't just hallucinating it, though.

The name sounds so familiar, and I was watching a lot of sci-fi channel in 1998, but I don’t think I ever saw it. It’s streaming on amazon for free—no prime necessary.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

If you're talking 90s SciFi that everyone seemed to have agreed to never talk about again then Sliders is the king. Also one of the few shows that you could revive with the original cast today and have it be awesome and probably better than the original run.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Senor Tron posted:

If you're talking 90s SciFi that everyone seemed to have agreed to never talk about again then Sliders is the king. Also one of the few shows that you could revive with the original cast today and have it be awesome and probably better than the original run.

A Sliders reboot would be amazing.

Get a new cast though.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hear me out:

Nic Cage as Quinn Mallory

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

showbiz_liz posted:

This isn't quite as 90s but it's pretty goddamn 90s

bashir has a tiny tiny head lmao

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

showbiz_liz posted:

This isn't quite as 90s but it's pretty goddamn 90s

Single father Ben Sisko has just started a new job as the manager of a failing regional airport but only has one year to turn it around before the owner, the charming but evil Mr. Dukat sells it to Dominion Logistics. Join Ben as he deals with all the hilarious hijinks along with the rest of the cast: His son Jake, Julian the lovable British doctor, Julian's husband Miles the head mechanic, Jadzia in charge of the airport news stand, Wacky old Odo who's been here for years, Kira the only one keeping the place running, her lovable husband Quark at the cafe who's always got a get-rich scheme brewing, and a cast of guest stars!

DS9, every week on UPN!

8one6 fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jan 28, 2021

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Senor Tron posted:

Sliders was the king of the weirdly aired timeslots because I don't think I ever saw an episode when it first aired but they re-ran that show constantly in syndication like nothing else.

I also remember Sliders because for a while the episode where they go to an Earth where Hillary Clinton is President was pulled from Netflix for some political legal reason.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

pentyne posted:

Sliders was the king of the weirdly aired timeslots because I don't think I ever saw an episode when it first aired but they re-ran that show constantly in syndication like nothing else.

I also remember Sliders because for a while the episode where they go to an Earth where Hillary Clinton is President was pulled from Netflix for some political legal reason.

They finally made it to Earth 2 lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Lot of 90s sci fi shows I recall watching during their original run, feeling old.

Earth Final Conflict was pure insanity on re-runs because they'd just play any episode and you have no idea what is happening because the entire cast is different and the plot has completely changed.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Space Above and Beyond stands up to the test of time

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Number_6 posted:

I think it's OK to talk about Crusade, but not Legend of the Rangers.

How could you not love it for G'Kar's immortal words "Kiss, kiss. Love, love. Toodles!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Anyone remember NIGHTMAN? I can’t believe this existed. Or that 3 seasons were made.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Andromeda is my favourite lovely scifi. It is worth watching for about a season and a half and went to poo poo around the time they fired Robert Hewitt Wolfe and Kevin Sorbo took the creative reins. The lead character is boring and awful (and Kevin Sorbo) but the side characters are way better and the setting is entertaining. It's not *good*. It's just okay, for about a season and a half. Then it goes to horrible poo poo for three more years.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

HopperUK posted:

It's not *good*. It's just okay, for about a season and a half. Then it goes to horrible poo poo for three more years.

Hey look, it's Sliders again.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

HopperUK posted:

Andromeda is my favourite lovely scifi. It is worth watching for about a season and a half and went to poo poo around the time they fired Robert Hewitt Wolfe and Kevin Sorbo took the creative reins. The lead character is boring and awful (and Kevin Sorbo) but the side characters are way better and the setting is entertaining. It's not *good*. It's just okay, for about a season and a half. Then it goes to horrible poo poo for three more years.
I somehow stuck it out through the first season, and things started to improve towards the end as there were clear signs of an underlying storyline that appeared to be heading somewhere. The second season started off better, as they'd learned what did and didn't work. Hey, this might actually turn out to be good!

Then Wolfe was fired and it turned into the "everyone worships Kevin Sorbo" show with a ton of pointless changes to... well, everything. :rolleyes: I didn't even make it to the end of season 2.

(Incidentally, one of Twitter's little joys lately has been Lucy Lawless dunking on Sorbo for being a dipshit chud.)

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Payndz posted:

I somehow stuck it out through the first season, and things started to improve towards the end as there were clear signs of an underlying storyline that appeared to be heading somewhere. The second season started off better, as they'd learned what did and didn't work. Hey, this might actually turn out to be good!

Then Wolfe was fired and it turned into the "everyone worships Kevin Sorbo" show with a ton of pointless changes to... well, everything. :rolleyes: I didn't even make it to the end of season 2.

(Incidentally, one of Twitter's little joys lately has been Lucy Lawless dunking on Sorbo for being a dipshit chud.)

You didn't miss much since the show became Space Jesus fights the Devil after that.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
The only thing I remember about the show was the ship's AI having a 3 way argument with her screen, hologram, and robot body selves, that was fun. Also at somepoint they landed on a wildwest planet and stayed there forever.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I remember seeing part of an episode extremely late at night after I had gone to college and stopped watching tv regularly and I was very confused about why they were all on a small-town planet and there was no spaceship. Also the purple lady was a different color and the guy in the dog suit was gone.

Truly the best of the syndicated sci-fi action shows for a 90s winter Saturday afternoon was Jack of All Trades/Cleopatra 2525.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Space Cases or bust.

In fact, I hope Prodigy is just Space Cases with the serial numbers filed off.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I always thought I would see a lot more of that dude who played Seamus in Andromeda, but I haven't really

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Does Seaquest hold up? I loved it as a kid, but I don't remember anything about it.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Brandis definitely holds up well

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Lester Shy posted:

Does Seaquest hold up? I loved it as a kid, but I don't remember anything about it.

Season 1 is sorta alright, but I remember it not holding up after that at all. And I don't think I've ever re-watched SeaQuest 2032.

(Was true during the original run too :v: )

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Seaquest did predict reddit shorting Gamestop stock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXZECHDlBkg

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

HD DAD posted:

Space Cases or bust.

In fact, I hope Prodigy is just Space Cases with the serial numbers filed off.
It sure sounds like it might be

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Brawnfire posted:

I always thought I would see a lot more of that dude who played Seamus in Andromeda, but I haven't really

Yeah he's a great actor but I don't remember spotting him in anything. Did a solid job playing a particular kind of annoying shithead. I loved Harper.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Senor Tron posted:

I love that design so much, if only for how it makes you really appreciate the massive length of time between the TOS movies and TNG era.

That design looks like something that is old by TNG standards, but still decades more advanced than the Excelsior.

Totally agreed, and it's much less of an obviously retroactively developed "missing link" gap-filler than the Ambassador while still having some broadly borrowed elements from the Excelsior design.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Lester Shy posted:

Leave your memories as they are

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Seaquest was another show that changed premises a bunch of times. Once for every season, I'm pretty sure.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
In hindsight it was kind of funny that they spent all that effort to design the SeaQuest and just the fact that it was always underwater almost completely obscured what it looked like

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My strongest memory of SeaQuest was the ghost ship where that floating skull spun towards the porthole/camera like eeeeee

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The space channel here in Canada started playing seaquest reruns right around the time I was stuck in the hospital with a mangled digestive tract while hopped up on a bunch of painkillers, so I ended up having this weird fever dream involving seaQuest, a screen door and fish sticks. To this day I can't think about fish sticks without becoming nauseous, gently caress you seaQuest and gently caress you Captain highliner

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I don't think there was a single episode where Roy Scheider had to deal with a shark. Maybe that was one of his stipulations in taking the role.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The way they're posed here makes them look like actors in a quirky, Friends-like '90s sitcom. "Oh, that Quark!" (laugh track).

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
90's shows you might have thought you imagined:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n2qVBv0yi0

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
M.A.N.T.I.S.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Animal-Mother posted:

90's shows you might have thought you imagined:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n2qVBv0yi0

I never actually saw this show but the theme music is way more mellow than I would have expected. :sax:

Another random 90s sci-fi show memory: Viper. Which I think was a commercial for Dodge Vipers but it was also the future and it fought crime or something?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
TimeTrax about a future cop in a time when whites are the minority. His origin story is Captain CHUDmerica.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HrZRXX9fdI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Powered Descent posted:

Another random 90s sci-fi show memory: Viper. Which I think was a commercial for Dodge Vipers but it was also the future and it fought crime or something?
Yeah, I think the Viper transformed into something that wasn't a Viper to do any cool stuff, so great work on your message there guys. (The Knight Rider reboot made the same mistake, turning Mustang KITT into a hideous custom hot rod to go fast. Maybe Ford wouldn't allow the Mustang to be seen breaking the speed limit.)