Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Away all Goats posted:

The game is still fun at those lower levels without the zed behavior changes tbh. I don't see the point of rushing past them

Yeah, I really love playing normal/hard when it's time for me to start working on my sixth perk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Has Trip said anything at all since the pat update?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Alteisen posted:

Hans is easy, just use the knife to parry him.

Other than that, no.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

RIP KF2 you were fun for a few weeks

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Alteisen posted:

The last announcement posts I can see on their forums date back to December 12th and 15th. So no, not really.

Jandipoo
Mar 29, 2008

I am the great Cornholio!

RickDaedalus posted:

There are gameplay changes on higher difficulties, like husks spraying fire everywhere. If you wanted to play effectively on higher difficulties, you need to be a high level which takes a long time and that's assuming you don't split your time with other classes. You'd also have to devote your time to KF2 and not play something else.

Basically, the grind is super long and the average person probably doesn't have the time to do it the "correct" way.

Leveling normally also teaches you how to deal with those higher difficulties. I'd hate to play with someone who cheated their levels in HoE.

Also, the level grind really isn't that bad. I have 50 hours in the game and am at least level 10 in every class, 15 in 3.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Jandipoo posted:

Leveling normally also teaches you how to deal with those higher difficulties. I'd hate to play with someone who cheated their levels in HoE.

Depends on whether or not that individual is an idiot. If they aren't, and understand how to click heads and not get cornered, then there's no real problem. Running the treadmill blindly doesn't give you any special skills. See: vast majority of pubbies in many, many games.

quote:

Also, the level grind really isn't that bad. I have 50 hours in the game and am at least level 10 in every class, 15 in 3.

That's a fairly obnoxious grind, IMO. It's not the leveling that keeps me invested in the game.

E: Just to be clear, I'm pretty sure level 15 isn't halfway (in terms of raw experience) to 25. So you've got, what, at least another 50-100 hours, if not more, to max out everything? Yeah, no thanks.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 6, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I have to agree, the leveling in this game has never been good and only gets worse the more perks they add.

I'm not saying more perks is bad - no, that's not true. But more perks does have its downside. six level 3 gunslingers per game is kind of ... well.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea at about 150 hours I know how to play the game, I don't need to waste my time releveling another perk especially when most classes don't really come into their own till 10 at a minimum.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
More sidegrades would be cool.

Choose from three or four perks per five levels.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wouldn't mind more weapons.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Psion posted:

I'm not saying more perks is bad - no, that's not true. But more perks does have its downside. six level 3 gunslingers per game is kind of ... well.

It would be nice and good if there were some kind of system where leveling one perk leveled other perks (to some degree) or gave an XP bonus or... anything, really.

If you play the game to any great extent, you probably max-level or near max-level the perks that are available. So when a new one or two perks show up, who on the team gets to level while the others hold the line? In that respect, it's a dumb system.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

LuciferMorningstar posted:

It would be nice and good if there were some kind of system where leveling one perk leveled other perks (to some degree) or gave an XP bonus or... anything, really.

It is called insisting on playing the Demo from Wave 1 and having to use off-perk weapons until you can afford a M79.

That said, I've been using other perk's weapons with several builds. I usually go Pulverizer + .Dual 500 Zed Collector + Medic Pistol as a Zerker; RPG7 + Dual Eagles + Medic Pistol as Demolitionist and the Medic Assault Rifle + Whatever feels like fun at the time as the Medic. I know those are builds mainly with Gunslinger weapons, but since that class has all the sidearms I feel it is pretty fitting.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
i enjoy clicking on heads

and creating violence

anybody else throw grenades into giant corpse piles so you could watch gibs fly everywhere?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

ZearothK posted:

It is called insisting on playing the Demo from Wave 1 and having to use off-perk weapons until you can afford a M79.

That said, I've been using other perk's weapons with several builds. I usually go Pulverizer + .Dual 500 Zed Collector + Medic Pistol as a Zerker; RPG7 + Dual Eagles + Medic Pistol as Demolitionist and the Medic Assault Rifle + Whatever feels like fun at the time as the Medic. I know those are builds mainly with Gunslinger weapons, but since that class has all the sidearms I feel it is pretty fitting.

Yeah, you can work around the bad design, but it's still bad design.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Renegret posted:

anybody else throw grenades into giant corpse piles so you could watch gibs fly everywhere?

The best is when that explosion triggers zed time and you can play skeet shooting with the gibs

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Community members with the proper priorities.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
that has to be a troll

thejacob
Feb 13, 2014

:yeah:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

We're all supporting this, right? Right???

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

LuciferMorningstar posted:

We're all supporting this, right? Right???

i would really like to hear you personally weigh in on this

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Only if we get incredibly sexy Raiden style butts and perfectly accurate male anatomy (with randomized length and girth) - for everyone else (but mainly bloats).