Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
since I'm already nitpicking, I wouldn't mind if transmogs carried over between seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Some do, most don't.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

pyromance posted:

There were seasons where that was pretty much the same map you'd run into half the time.

Were?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sometimes there's a smidgen too much visual pollution in Diablo 3.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Heehee I'm gonna be honest and say that's what I consider "low/medium density" D3

What difficulty are you playing on?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Lmbo that is only with one player on the screen.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Heehee I'm gonna be honest and say that's what I consider "low/medium density" D3

oh I know, but what grabbed me here was that I was having trouble telling what was going on, and where I was, despite the relatively small number of enemies. The skill set I'm using doesn't help.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What difficulty are you playing on?

T8

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What is the trick to not running out of charges when using a furious charge build? It seems like it's not consistent as far as when I keep my charge and when it gets used.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

RCarr posted:

What is the trick to not running out of charges when using a furious charge build? It seems like it's not consistent as far as when I keep my charge and when it gets used.

It depends on how many people you hit. Either hit 1 or 4+ if you don't want to lose a charge.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

RCarr posted:

Charge into: one monster, lots of monsters
Do not charge into: a couple monsters

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

bamhand posted:

It depends on how many people you hit. Either hit 1 or 4+ if you don't want to lose a charge.

Ah ok, thanks. So basically, just skip groups of 2-3 enemies?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
In general just run and then charge through groups of enemies as a means of getting to the next elite pack faster. Then use your spender to kill the pack or if the trash density gets really high. It's not worth it to kill small groups of 4-5 guys. That's if you're running 6 piece Raekor that's built around big Slam/Boulder damage. If you're 6 piece IK then charge is your main form of damage and your spender is just to reset your WotB cooldown. But same rules apply for only killing elites/really dense trash and skipping the rest.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

bamhand posted:

In general just run and then charge through groups of enemies as a means of getting to the next elite pack faster. Then use your spender to kill the pack or if the trash density gets really high. It's not worth it to kill small groups of 4-5 guys. That's if you're running 6 piece Raekor that's built around big Slam/Boulder damage. If you're 6 piece IK then charge is your main form of damage and your spender is just to reset your WotB cooldown. But same rules apply for only killing elites/really dense trash and skipping the rest.

OK thanks for the info. I'm new to D3 so I need to get over my must kill every enemy OCD.

This same strategy goes for Greater Rifts I assume?

I'm using the 6 piece IK btw.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

RCarr posted:

OK thanks for the info. I'm new to D3 so I need to get over my must kill every enemy OCD.

This same strategy goes for Greater Rifts I assume?

I'm using the 6 piece IK btw.

Yeah. You really just want to zip from elite to elite. Killing trash is rarely worth it. With 6 IK you want Vileward and Standoff in cube. With Raekor you want Bracer + Vanishing Peak/300th Spear in cube. Both builds are pretty similar in power level so you can see which one you like better. I think IK is more dependent on rift density since Vile Ward really benefits from big packs.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
What's the best way to farm for set items? Bounties?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kevin Palpatine posted:

What's the best way to farm for set items? Bounties?

Nephs and grifts

Spend your blood shards on Shoulders which have the best chance of being Set Items

Don't forget about the Kanai cube power to convert a set item to another random piece from the set (never be sad to get duplicate shoulders or whatever!)

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Nephs and grifts

Spend your blood shards on Shoulders which have the best chance of being Set Items

Don't forget about the Kanai cube power to convert a set item to another random piece from the set (never be sad to get duplicate shoulders or whatever!)

This varies by class. It was boots for WD I believe.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Larrymer posted:

This varies by class. It was boots for WD I believe.

Witch doctor is the one exception, and I still specifically recommend shoulders over boots because you're dealing with 4 out 8 in boots, or 3 out of 7 shoulders, but with no risk of getting yucky Zunimassa bits!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
It also depends on if you want any set or a specific set. IK doesn't have shoulders for example.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Does anyone know if the corpse lances generated by the Pestilence set inherit the rune on your corpse lance if you have the skill? I switched from Pesti to Inarius yesterday but it feels a lot slower so I think I’m going to switch back.

Also, a couple pages late, but gently caress y’all original D3 was the tits. The AH was the real game. I’ve done a lot of AH shenanigans in wow and every other mmo I’ve played but the D3 AH was by far the most easily exploited.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 25, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is the most efficient way to farm gear/paragon/etc just to join a quick match and hope you get paired up with guys who are blowing through high level rifts quickly?

Also I had a question about enchanting/re-rolling. I have two copies of the Convention of Elements ring. When I re-roll one, it only consumes basic materials which I have thousands of. The other one however, consumes an (imperial? not sure) amethyst every time.

Why are different materials needed to re-roll a version of the same ring? Is it because one has 3 primary/secondary stats and the other only has 2?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 25, 2018

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

One probably has a <70 level requirement. I think all 70 legendary rings require a gem to reroll a stat.

And yes, make an armor setup that uses sages set so if you get paired with folks who clear way faster than you, at least you get more DBs. :smug: As soon as you hit T13 (even if you can barely complete the GR60) join pub games and you'll be able to get carried mostly.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I've always wondered what gem is required for rerolling jewelry. Is it unique to the particular item you have or is it like all rings of the same name require the same gem?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

bamhand posted:

I've always wondered what gem is required for rerolling jewelry. Is it unique to the particular item you have or is it like all rings of the same name require the same gem?

Don't bother memorizing that poo poo. Just look at what you need when you need it, and cook up the gems on a case by case basis.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Nah I'm just curious how they implemented it. It literally has never been an issue for me.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Is teleport the best movement skill? Just in terms of mobility, across classes.

Not sure why occasionally it won't let me pass through walls (think it might be related to closed doors).

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

bamhand posted:

Nah I'm just curious how they implemented it. It literally has never been an issue for me.

It's probably either randomly selected when the item is generated or randomly assigned to all occurrences of that item. If you've got more than one of a jewelry item you can test that pretty easily though.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Not sure why occasionally it won't let me pass through walls (think it might be related to closed doors).

Monk dash has a longe range and multiple charges and DH can tumble forever. And yeah, you can't teleport to a place if you can't walk there without opening/breaking a door.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

bamhand posted:

And yeah, you can't teleport to a place if you can't walk there without opening/breaking a door.

Balls.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

I've seen some rear end in a top hat Leap right through walls, so that one

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Different game, different time, different priorities and design goals, but teleport looked like a bunch of fun in Diablo 2.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Rinkles posted:

Different game, different time, different priorities and design goals, but teleport looked like a bunch of fun in Diablo 2.

If you want to watch people snap over a video game, go to a Diablo II community like the Amazon Basin and mention Enigma.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Or better yet, ask THIS thread about Ligma

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Okay. I'm asking this thread about ligma.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Rinkles posted:

Okay. I'm asking this thread about ligma.

ligma BALLS bitch, lmao

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
roasted

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I was wondering whether it was an odd typo or the name of a build that used enigma. Alas.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Got roasted harder than some clever Diablo based reference. Probably something about inferno I bet.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

DreadCthulhu posted:

So yeah, I managed to get to part 4 of this season's goals, I can do ok in Torment II but in IV I get eviscerated real fast. Looks like I got to figure out how to stay alive longer, and seems like getting amazing gear or gear combos is the only way forward.

Got 4 pieces of that crusader green set, not sure they're worth putting on when they're at 4/6. The 50% cooldown on Akarat's champion is nice I suppose.

Akarat's Champion + Prophet Rune is one of those skills that's so good that most builds for its class makes use of it. You get a huge boost to damage and resource gen, while the Prophet Rune improves your armor by 150%, or in other words multiplies your armor two and a half times. AND it's a cheat death. The Akkhan set bonuses not only make Akarat's Champion come off cooldown faster, it also makes your resource-spending twice as efficient when Champion's activated, which is important for spamming attacks if you're still using a spender as your main damage-dealing skill.

With the way most of the class sets are designed, your survivability problem disappears if you not only put on the 4/6 set pieces you already have but also make use of the skills it buffs. You basically have to wear your incomplete set if you want to finish the first four parts of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

ligma BALLS bitch, lmao

drat!