Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Simon The Digger posted:

There's a demo?
Only in PAL-land since the game comes out a few weeks earlier there anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Fritzler posted:

Only in PAL-land since the game comes out a few weeks earlier there anyways.

Also in Japan, but you have to register for a download code at famitsu.com to get early access to it today - otherwise it goes on the eshop next week.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

You guys, 3D Fantasy Zone 2 is amazing

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Portfolio posted:

Now that there are some good options for region-free out there, I'm thinking of taking the plunge and importing either an Australian or European New 3DS. Which is going to be cheaper? What are some reputable places to be looking?

does the Nintendo EU store ship overseas?

you could get one here, dunno if there might be cheaper sites though
http://www.play-asia.com/new-nintendo-3ds-white-paOS-13-49-en-70-8hxr.html

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Does the New 3DS ever show up for the normal MSRP on Amazon?

I got my Tax Refund back as an Amazon Prime GC so I can get the 10% bonus, and I'd hate to totally defeat the purpose of doing it by paying 10% MORE than MSRP because that's all that's up there right now

tehgrif
Apr 3, 2009

As far as I know Amazon doesn't carry the New 3DS because of some sort of spat with Nintendo. I've never seen one in stock directly from Amazon, so I ended up buying it from Best Buy.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a $50 Eshop Giftcard, recommend me some games plz. I have MH4U, OoT, Majora's Mask, Smash, Shovel Knight, Retro City Rampage, SMT Overclocked, Super Mario 3D land, pokemon, kirby triple deluxe, SMT IV and mario & luigi dream team.

I don't even really like RPG's all that much so i'd definitely like something more like OoT or Shovel knight or smash or something.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Turtlicious posted:

I got a $50 Eshop Giftcard, recommend me some games plz. I have MH4U, OoT, Majora's Mask, Smash, Shovel Knight, Retro City Rampage, SMT Overclocked, Super Mario 3D land, pokemon, kirby triple deluxe, SMT IV and mario & luigi dream team.

I don't even really like RPG's all that much so i'd definitely like something more like OoT or Shovel knight or smash or something.

A Link Between Worlds. Mario Golf is also good and worth checking out the demo even if you don't normally like golf games.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Astro7x posted:

Does the New 3DS ever show up for the normal MSRP on Amazon?

I got my Tax Refund back as an Amazon Prime GC so I can get the 10% bonus, and I'd hate to totally defeat the purpose of doing it by paying 10% MORE than MSRP because that's all that's up there right now

Hold the gently caress up. The IRS gives you the option of getting a loving gift card for your tax return? That's loving insane, America is insane.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Katana Gomai posted:

Hold the gently caress up. The IRS gives you the option of getting a loving gift card for your tax return? That's loving insane, America is insane.

Yeah, but it's cool because you'll get like %20 more and you were probably going to spend it on goon poo poo anyways.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

loving hell, how many people do you have to bribe to get the loving government to give people an incentive to spend all their money at your business lmao. That's so loving crooked.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I bought my New 3DS from Amazon Canada. They sell them fwiw.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Katana Gomai posted:

I imagine a tax service does your taxes and puts the money onto a gift card. I work in food service and I take a lot of prepaid debit cards with logos of major "pay-us-to-do-your-taxes" companies around this time of year

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Katana Gomai posted:

loving hell, how many people do you have to bribe to get the loving government to give people an incentive to spend all their money at your business lmao. That's so loving crooked.

It's not the government doing it, it's turbotax. (The people you hire to do your taxes.)

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Does anyone else's D-pad feel kinda flimsy? I can definitely feel it clicking, but the pad itself kind just freely moves around in the socket. Yes, I understand this is a $200 toy and I shouldn't expect it to be assembled as well as a $600 product, I'm just curious.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

It's not the government doing it, it's turbotax. (The people you hire to do your taxes.)

OK yea that's a pretty vital piece of information to have. In my country, a tax refunds always get paid straight to the tax payer, even if they hire someone else to do their taxes for them. Seems like in this case, turbotax gets the refund which is still weird to me but not quite as much.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Apr 17, 2015

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
I have no idea why I can't find this anywhere but how big is the new Street Pass update? I'm in India on supremely lovely WiFi and am trying to figure out if I should even attempt buying the new stuff for sweet, sweet airport Street Passes.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

io_burn posted:

I have no idea why I can't find this anywhere but how big is the new Street Pass update? I'm in India on supremely lovely WiFi and am trying to figure out if I should even attempt buying the new stuff for sweet, sweet airport Street Passes.

The whole thing took me about 40 minutes start to finish, though I was probably hitting high traffic.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Pope Guilty posted:

The whole thing took me about 40 minutes start to finish, though I was probably hitting high traffic.

But 40 minutes downloading at what speed? My hotel WiFi is capping out at about 80KB/s, which... is pretty bad.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

io_burn posted:

But 40 minutes downloading at what speed? My hotel WiFi is capping out at about 80KB/s, which... is pretty bad.

A home cable connection that should be I think like 12 MBit, but I think I wasn't getting a very good connection due to the server being way busy.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

OUTRUN

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's an extended trailer for Stella Glow, the imageepoch SRPG being published by Sega/Atlus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5iUd_jR3yM

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Boxboy is a really great use of $5. Despite it's simple graphical style it is genuinely a good time. If you ever have $5 to burn on the eshop that's one worth checking out.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Zat posted:

My one weird trick is to just use the little bag-like soft protector thing the system comes in in its original box. I even applied a piece of self-adhesive velcro tape on the flap bit so I can close it properly. Very ghetto.

It wouldn't protect the 3DS from fall damage or other crazy stuff, but as a scratch protector it's fine.

ayyy that's what I'm using too :) although apparently there's some $4 case at Best Buy that I guess I'll check out next time I go

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
The new StreetPass games feels at first play promising. They certainly feel more refined than the previous batch. I'll have to seek out further rounds before I can judge any further tho'.

btw, you can get both with a big discount if you already have a DLC StreetPass game. The option to buy both comes when you buy either one of the new ones.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

streetpass update rules, there are doggie miis now and you can skip the stupid mii force briefings

Katana Gomai posted:

OK yea that's a pretty vital piece of information to have. In my country, a tax refunds always get paid straight to the tax payer, even if they hire someone else to do their taxes for them. Seems like in this case, turbotax gets the refund which is still weird to me but not quite as much.

the tax return doesn't go to turbotax, turbotax just gives you the option of signing it over to them and in exchange they add 20% of it to whatever giftcard

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's an extended trailer for Stella Glow, the imageepoch SRPG being published by Sega/Atlus:

Is that a Tactics RPG? That's kind of neat.

Though holy crap, that one girl can not sing, also boob jiggle on SD sprites will always be creepy.

epitasis posted:

the tax return doesn't go to turbotax, turbotax just gives you the option of signing it over to them and in exchange they add 20% of it to whatever giftcard

Was Eshop one of the things? You know someone would.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Some of the tickets in Mii Force are so loving stupid, it makes me angry. Seriously, getting all the jewels in each level in one go is bullshit. If you miss one, you can only restart the level by killing yourself and you only get three tries until you either pay a ton of coins for more dudes, or streetpass ten more guys. And a lot of the levels require specific loadouts to get all the jewels which is just idiotic.

It's not one go for the jewels - it accumulates over multiple playthroughs. Some levels took me 2 or 3 times, a few took 10+.

Personally I found hitting the high score harder in a lot of levels.

The worst ticket of all 4 games, though, is the reputations. I don't know how many loving times you have to play the game, but, jesus. I got Warrior's Way's 300 battles done a lot faster and I just don't have the heart to get the reputations.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Six to midnight!!

.. at the gameplay, you weirdos.

Fryhtaning fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 17, 2015

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Katana Gomai posted:

Probably beaten a million times, but if you buy Turbo Tax on Amazon (and I think you need prime?) you get the option of a 10% bonus on your tax return if you claim it as an Amazon Gift Card. You can claim it in increments of $100 only though.

I've been doing it the past few years, and now that sales tax on Amazon is lower than shopping at the local store in Illinois for me, it makes sense.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Tatsuta Age posted:

ayyy that's what I'm using too :) although apparently there's some $4 case at Best Buy that I guess I'll check out next time I go

Have this case, it's 4.99. Literally the same as the Amazon basics case and owns.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

13/f/cali posted:

Boxboy is a really great use of $5. Despite it's simple graphical style it is genuinely a good time. If you ever have $5 to burn on the eshop that's one worth checking out.

So just how realistic would you have made the box?

I agree, boxboy is a great game, but I cannot comprehend your use of the word "despite".

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Astro7x posted:

Probably beaten a million times, but if you buy Turbo Tax on Amazon (and I think you need prime?) you get the option of a 10% bonus on your tax return if you claim it as an Amazon Gift Card. You can claim it in increments of $100 only though.

I've been doing it the past few years, and now that sales tax on Amazon is lower than shopping at the local store in Illinois for me, it makes sense.

they give you the giftcard option even if you go directly through the turbotax website

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zat posted:

My one weird trick is to just use the little bag-like soft protector thing the system comes in in its original box. I even applied a piece of self-adhesive velcro tape on the flap bit so I can close it properly. Very ghetto.

It wouldn't protect the 3DS from fall damage or other crazy stuff, but as a scratch protector it's fine.

I've done this with every 3DS I had and it works well, that poo poo never breaks apart save for the seams and it just gets softer. It's great.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

With regards to street pass games, Warrior's Way and the flower one are my favorites because they are extremely low effort and you can make progress even with a low amount of street passes.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i rarely make progress in warriors way because all my passes are either someone with the game and the max army size which does nothing for me or someone without the game that gives me 200 units

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Warrior's Way is also a bit cheapened when you realize that you can cheat.

Monster Manor is still my fave of the original 4 DLC games.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Awesome! posted:

i rarely make progress in warriors way because all my passes are either someone with the game and the max army size which does nothing for me or someone without the game that gives me 200 units

Hire the Mercenaries and sometimes you'll get huge amounts of troops. You need to get to around 1-2 million troops to have a higher amount of units than the average Warrior's Way player to stomp their army.

Astro7x posted:

Warrior's Way is also a bit cheapened when you realize that you can cheat.

How do you cheat?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Have this case, it's 4.99. Literally the same as the Amazon basics case and owns.

Nice, I think I'm going to cut the two placeholder straps off since the N3DSXL is so snug in there anyway.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Sire Oblivion posted:

How do you cheat?

If you know you are going to lose because you lose twice, or the losing animation hasn't started, go to the home screen and close Mii Plaza. Then next time you start Warriors Way you will get a warning about quitting, but it doesn't matter. If you do it two times in a row they will penalize you somehow by reducing armies I believe. Thankfully, all you need to do is purchase some armies and go to the map, but decide not to fight. Then you can cheese your way out of the next battle and not get penalized for doing it twice in a row, since you technically didn't do it the last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Fryhtaning posted:

It's not one go for the jewels - it accumulates over multiple playthroughs. Some levels took me 2 or 3 times, a few took 10+.

Personally I found hitting the high score harder in a lot of levels.

The worst ticket of all 4 games, though, is the reputations. I don't know how many loving times you have to play the game, but, jesus. I got Warrior's Way's 300 battles done a lot faster and I just don't have the heart to get the reputations.

I have 194 more fights to go in Warrior's Way :shepicide:

So wait, if I miss one jewel, I can go through again and just grab that one? argh that game is so infuriating, I almost never play it