Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Placebo posted:

Hyc come back and play again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
#ZeroHycDeaths

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine

hit button posted:

Goontang is still pretty chill and people are encouraged to do what they want :ssh:

Like one of our most active officers isn't interested in pvp at all, and spends most of his playtime doing life skill stuff. There's no demands that everyone pvp.

What we did have was an element that was very unhappy with wardecs, and wanted to deprive the people interested in pvp of that content. That caused a lot of general unchillness and bitching on both sides. The element that didn't want wardecs has now mostly left, and the atmosphere in the guild has improved enormously. That's not a diss on the people who didn't like wardecs, it's just that there was a strong conflict of interest causing drama that is now resolved.

At least your guild didn't implode due to fishing pacts.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I think we can all agree on one thing though.

Regardless of the usual petty goon bickering & drama we get in every MMO, BDO is still a pretty good game.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Nah I quit the game because it's loving dull has hell to play. Thread is still good for goondrama though.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Ya know, it's kind of weird you guys are talking poo poo about me rather than moving on with your lives. Especially Bo on the last page - like that's exactly the kind of thing that would have made him a bad leader. Yes I am now in a big pvp guild because my goon friends that left goontang happen to be there. If it doesn't work out for me that's cool too, but Magnun/Goblin/Rilani are good players who dropped because of all this petty bullshit.

alternate response: u jelly :smug:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
HyC did horse/11. :downsrim:

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012
Ahahaha, I take a one week break due to work/Overwatch and come back to a smoking crater. It's Wildstar all over again!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Clocks and magnun are cool people and I am sad they are gone but hey I'm on hiatus from this game anyways. Looks like goon tang is completely different from when I went afk.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Looks like much hasn't changed since I stopped playing. At least I'm finally getting to the backlog of games that have been piling up! I look forwards to the drama of when Valencia drops and everyone is busy trying to +20 their ult gear and go broke

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Third World Reggin posted:

On the other hand, now that everyone has left, parks and rec is drama free.

so peaceful, so quiet.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

GreatestNerdEver posted:

not really, clocks kicked out her friend and left

GreatestNerdEver posted:

The guild is dead because it's losing members at a steady pace, and content going forward is much more accessible and generally more fun with a large amount of people.

granted participation in guild activities has gone up a lot since boho and clocks left, but that MAY just be coincidence

Natalie Fartman posted:

Deccing lovely tiny guilds: truly, goontang is at the top of its game.

boho posted:

If you're going to merge with Cynical, give Goontang back to goons.

Enkmar posted:

go gently caress yourself

Bo stop talking poo poo.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
More importantly, no valencia in tonight's maintenance. Rum and exp events extended, blackstone ends. Four hour maintenance.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/91562-maintenance-regular-maintenance-june-08th/ posted:

Date: Wednesday, 08.06.2016

Duration: 4h Server Down: Server Up:
Global 08:00 UTC 12:00 UTC
West Coast (NA) 01:00 PDT 05:00 PDT
East Coast (NA) 04:00 EDT 08:00 EDT
Central (EU) 10:00 CEST 14:00 CEST

Pre-download of Valencia content
Extension/Interruption of some in-game Events (Rhum event + EXP bonus extended / End of the BlackStone one)

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Placebo posted:

Everyone who could pvp in pnr is in goontang now.

I'll dark flame your butt to death HyC dont tempt me

I'll wage a one man war. Also you would never be able to dismount me. I've seen you fight other horse wizards.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Xzov posted:

Bo stop talking poo poo.

god i'm such a drama queen

In real news, we did some PvP stuff with Cynical last night and hung out with their leader, they seem like cool folks who are good at PvP.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

hit button posted:

Like one of our most active officers isn't interested in pvp at all, and spends most of his playtime doing life skill stuff. There's no demands that everyone pvp.

Who summoned me?

Truth be told I'm the only one preparing for PVP, collecting shards so I can quickly outgear people that know how to play, winning by default.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Hy_C posted:

I'll wage a one man war. Also you would never be able to dismount me. I've seen you fight other horse wizards.

Everytime we kill Yukii from Pax he sends me a paragraph about how he made you quit with his horse wizard.

Confirm/Deny????

Edit: Oddly enough everyone talking about drama but this is probably the first week since joining that the guild has been completely drama-free and people are doing group activities whatever that may be.

Xzov posted:

#ZeroHycDeaths

Let me tell you about PnR's war with club penguin.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 7, 2016

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009

Hy_C posted:

You saw the old me, the new me has dismounted many horse wizards, including the pax super horse wizards.

And I'll bring a gun.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

glug posted:

Who summoned me?

Truth be told I'm the only one preparing for PVP, collecting shards so I can quickly outgear people that know how to play, winning by default.

Pretty sure I've seen you kill dudes, I was talking about CrusherEAGLE.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Wassbix posted:

Everytime we kill Yukii from Pax he sends me a paragraph about how he made you quit with his horse wizard.

Confirm/Deny????

Edit: Oddly enough everyone talking about drama but this is probably the first week since joining that the guild has been completely drama-free and people are doing group activities whatever that may be.

Let me tell you about PnR's war with club penguin.

Wut. I play this game with a 560 TI. It runs like garbage. Every time we would get into a semi large fight on the edge of a loading zone, the game would hang and either I would end up dead or teleport down the road. That made me quit over everything else.

Everyone we had dec'ed at the time kept running away from us like babies or called in an army. Mostly the former annoyed me and the latter was hilarious as we kept picking them off with our glorious guerrilla tactics.

I'm still keeping an eye on the game, just playing Overwatch and waiting for Nvidia to release the 1080 so I can play badly optimized games again.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

hit button posted:

Pretty sure I've seen you kill dudes, I was talking about CrusherEAGLE.

Oh, he's just a shadow of myself.

I only kill people when I'm riding past them on horseback. As penance I attacked someone while farming with my naked sorc, and then died on my farm like 4 times.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I'm going to join TurkeyBoyz

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009

The Quake posted:

I'm going to join TurkeyBoyz

I'd reconsider that, just checking the guild rankings and they're blowing Parks n Rec and pnr didn't even make it on the grading scale from earlier.

B+

I meant below parks and rec but you know, this works fine too.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
How many big time guilds are there really anymore? Seemed like flex and maybe 2 or 3 others had actual presence. I think with the exp loss change a lot of top geared people left guilds as there was no reason to be in them at that point if they were a class that could hold their own from what I read on Reddit

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009
Got my ogre ring for 10 mil today.

For some reason it's called a tri bares but whatever.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
I wanna be playing this game and zapping people with my slightly british looking wizard but lets be honest the beginning of june is like the busiest time of the year ever :smith:

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
in an effort to get me more livertos, we are doing guild bosses every night or every other night until the bank runs out of money, which should take a week or so at this rate

time is 10ish PM EST, 2 or 3 scrolls per time we do it

poofus was right

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If anyone is legit going to jump ship from Guild X to Guild Y then you might want to wait until node wars actually hit just to see who the paper tigers actually are.

Unless people are literally accepting anyone for any reason, in which case go nuts.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
I wouldn't mind having my boat destroyed at kuit if it didn't mean I no longer had a place to dump turn ins.

Luckily a fellow friendly pirate murderer was around to give me a ride back to the main land. His boat had also been destroyed - turns out Bal o1 isn't very safe for boats.

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008
If that was 2-3 hours ago, I was probably the culprit. I thought those were Flex boats. Sorry if I got yours on accident.

PSA to everyone: store your boat if it has coins on it. The boat war is real.

Also a lot of spots you can drag mobs to the boats to avoid a karma hit (100k karma per boat murder).

Agreeable Badger fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jun 8, 2016

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
Funnily enough, the GLHF guy that gave me a ride back was convinced it had been flex.

I left the coins on my donkey so it's no big deal. But I suppose I do need to start storing the boat.

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008

Xzov posted:

Funnily enough, the GLHF guy that gave me a ride back was convinced it had been flex.

I left the coins on my donkey so it's no big deal. But I suppose I do need to start storing the boat.

He might actually be right. The boats I killed 2-3 hours ago were actually on one of the Calphs now that I think of it. I did kill some on Bal01 earlier on though, maybe around 10 est or so.

Right before maint I killed a red Flex warrior (Jinta) on bal01 after red battlefield, and he may have initially gone red from boat murdering.

Also, did your boat both not have coins on it and get shipped to Epheria? I was under the assumption that having trade goods on the boat was what caused it to go to town instead of the wharf manager at pirates.

Agreeable Badger fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jun 8, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Apparently this patch comes with bonus banwaves for people daum have been keeping an eye on:
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/91821-ban-waves/

I'm keeping an eye out for rage threads or the usual "it was my brother/sister/room mate/cat hacking not me". Those are always good.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

Agreeable Badger posted:

He might actually be right. The boats I killed 2-3 hours ago were actually on one of the Calphs now that I think of it. I did kill some on Bal01 earlier on though, maybe around 10 est or so.

Right before maint I killed a red Flex warrior (Jinta) on bal01 after red battlefield, and he may have initially gone red from boat murdering.

Also, did your boat both not have coins on it and get shipped to Epheria? I was under the assumption that having trade goods on the boat was what caused it to go to town instead of the wharf manager at pirates.

That's how I thought it worked too, which is why I had been dumping trade goods on the donkey. But my boat had no trade goods and I definitely couldn't recover it at velia or pirate island. I had to go back to epheria port. It's overloaded with weight, but I don't think that matters.

Also, I did the character transfer thing overnight; turns out that results in your trade good laden donkey teleporting from pirate island in order to show up with you.

Daum did another interview. Some bits are:

quote:

Valencia has been scheduled to release by end of June.
Guild Houses would be introduced and match the current Korean release
Siege/Node wars coming around in 2 weeks.

Leveling grinding nodes gives you more rare items and increased drop rate(E.g. Orge rings)
Leveling Town or Worker nodes is useless

(Regarding night vendors)
Devs have not specified any time frame.

(Regarding awakening weapons)
Current plans to release after Valencia II
Wizard/Witch won't get with the first release of awakening weapons because it would delay for other classes.
Publisher is not pushing Awakening weapons back, rather all awakening weapons will be release at the same time (except for Wizard/Witch)

Does +20 gear do extreme damage? PM doesn't want to provide more information at this time. Adjustments are going on.

(ninja/kunoichi)
When? After Valencia I
Catch up? Will be boosted EXP events
Reason for the delay? Watching rebalancing of Ninja/Kunoichi in KR

Plus the hacker bans.

Only Slightly Bent fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 8, 2016

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Xzov posted:

That's how I thought it worked too, which is why I had been dumping trade goods on the donkey. But my boat had no trade goods and I definitely couldn't recover it at velia or pirate island. I had to go back to epheria port. It's overloaded with weight, but I don't think that matters.

It's not trade goods that stop you from remote recovering your boat or horse, it's ANY goods whatsoever in their inventory. So if your boat had things in it, it would only go to the closest dock.

J
Jun 10, 2001

quote:

Leveling Town or Worker nodes is useless

Welp that's a whole lot of wasted energy. :suicide:

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Yeah... I want clarification on that. Like, the 'root' node having no effect I can understand, but the specific activity node SHOULD have an effect..

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

glug posted:

Yeah... I want clarification on that. Like, the 'root' node having no effect I can understand, but the specific activity node SHOULD have an effect..

There's a recording of the stream here. That question starts at 00:41:30, and they explicitly say that investing in worker or town nodes does nothing. He went on to say that due to player feedback, the devs are considering changing it so that investing in these worker and town nodes does provide something.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

DancingShade posted:

Apparently this patch comes with bonus banwaves for people daum have been keeping an eye on:
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/91821-ban-waves/

I'm keeping an eye out for rage threads or the usual "it was my brother/sister/room mate/cat hacking not me". Those are always good.

I wonder if I'm going to get banned in this. I've had XIGNCODE pop up twice for me: Once when I tried to write an AutoHotKey script to open and retrieve silver from Special Deals mail, and then once this morning after overnight AFK for no reason I could discern (maybe an antivirus scan or Windows Update?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

boho posted:

I wonder if I'm going to get banned in this. I've had XIGNCODE pop up twice for me: Once when I tried to write an AutoHotKey script to open and retrieve silver from Special Deals mail, and then once this morning after overnight AFK for no reason I could discern (maybe an antivirus scan or Windows Update?).

If they banned everyone who tripped xigncode there would be no one left.

I have also had it randomly trigger overnight.