Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!
I don't know about anyone else, but I for one am impressed by 2B's ability to stab Eve clean through the head with a sword that doesn't have a point any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Alert: This poo poo just got real.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Man, nothing better for a game to get you hyped then have a trailer in-game. "Sure, you've finished the game twice but wait'll you see this poo poo!" is awesome.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

The Dark ID posted:

Route C is not that. At all. It’s 100% new story content and the continuation of the plot that concluded with Adam and Eve’s deaths. There’s even a preview trailer for it...
I love that the game throws the gameplay/preview at the player with little warning while they're chilling to the credit sequence. I imagine a decent portion of people took a piss break after beating the final boss for the second time and came back to see that they could control 2B again.

It might be worth noting that the singer in this version of "Weight of the World" is full-on sobbing by the end of it. She even has to take a moment to recover before delivering the final line.

Absum posted:

e: Gameplay during credits + preview was both very hype and very ominous as well. The preview is especially neat.
I love the sound design for the Preview. It goes well with the Commander's space-nazi rally.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Man, nothing better for a game to get you hyped then have a trailer in-game. "Sure, you've finished the game twice but wait'll you see this poo poo!" is awesome.
Every game should have a fake-out credit sequence and a preview for future plot developments. It's like Yoko built the sequel into the game.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

route C is actually route A again just from the perspective of random robot stubby.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Kavak posted:

Alert: This poo poo just got real.

Off the loving chain and it hasn't even started yet!

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
We'll finally get to spend some more time playing as the stubby from the beginning of Route B.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Who are the Overlords, and who are the Children?

Mhm.

Anyway, I really wish they'd cut out a lot of Route B. It's just padding.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Endings Achieved:
flowers for mAchines
or not to Be
mission Failed
hunGry for knowledge
a mountain too High
no I in team
bad Judgment
aji wo Kutta
Lone wolf
No man's village
faTal error
debUnked
broken Wings

Good thing we don't have to wait for a sequel!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Know Such Peace posted:

Every game should have a fake-out credit sequence and a preview for future plot developments. It's like Yoko built the sequel into the game.

For the full Yoko Taro experience, they should've made you wait a day or two before you could continue.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Yeah, "Come back tomorrow!" Is definitely a yoko taro move

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
The title screen changing completely is probably the most ominous thing there. It didn't do that between Route A and B right?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Nohman posted:

The title screen changing completely is probably the most ominous thing there. It didn't do that between Route A and B right?

the title screen changes when you do Emil's lunar tear quest

the new title picture is of Kaine's house

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Nah, I missed out on Emil's quest in A/B and the title screen still changed.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

You know that torch robot? Yeah. He's heading towards the boosters right now.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

iospace posted:

You know that torch robot? Yeah. He's heading towards the boosters right now.

Unfortunately, he tripped, the rockets are going to misfire, and pretty soon everything is going to be on fire.

As usual.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I was super loving worried when I saw that preview that the next two routes were dlc and I'd have to wait three months and $50 before I could see the end of the game. Fortunately Yoko Taro isn't that cruel.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

chiasaur11 posted:

Unfortunately, he tripped, the rockets are going to misfire, and pretty soon everything is going to be on fire.

As usual.

Honestly the "on fire" part was part of the plan the entire time.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I was super loving worried when I saw that preview that the next two routes were dlc and I'd have to wait three months and $50 before I could see the end of the game. Fortunately Yoko Taro isn't that cruel.

The dark lord's soul is black, not nonexistant. Alternatively, such a sellout is not the kind of torture specializes in.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Link for those who skipped the Preview for some reason.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Tunicate posted:

Can you self destruct during the credits and have an ending inside an ending?

I also want to know this.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
You just get deb[U]nked again. Hope you liked that Eve fight because you have to do it again.

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

grancheater posted:

You just get deb[U]nked again. Hope you liked that Eve fight because you have to do it again.

The dark lord is going soft on us
Old taro yoko would have definetely hidden an ending you could only get by self destructing during the credits
And another if you did it after talking to 9s

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
From what I remember of my blind playthrough, the preview does a good job of giving you a very general idea of where the rest of the game is going without spoiling the specific story beats.

There's one image in it I do wish they'd left out, but (assuming I remember by that point) I'll mention it when the LP gets there.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
More games need to have multiple games and trailers inside them.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Tarezax posted:

Nah, I missed out on Emil's quest in A/B and the title screen still changed.

and I did do the sidequest
and it still didnt change up until the route b > c/d switchover
so I think the need for the sidequest is debunked

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'm dissappointed that B didn't end with A2 killing Machine Life Form 2B at the end. I was really expecting that. :(

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I actually really wanted to see a version of the story where after Route B the crux of the plot is about 9S stuck in a machine body

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Current crazy train status: Toot toot! We're leaving the station, destination unknown. Rocket boosters remain unlit.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
After YorHa exterminates the machine lifeforms, Nines can finally go shopping at a mall and get a t-shirt for Toobie. Maybe they’ll share some dippin’ dots in the food court.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Know Such Peace posted:

After YorHa exterminates the machine lifeforms, Nines can finally go shopping at a mall and get a t-shirt for Toobie. Maybe they’ll share some dippin’ dots in the food court.

And then they discover that they are utterly miserable, trapped in a relationship with someone they have nothing in common with but loss. They don't even like each other, they just **** together, and go through the motions of a relationship because they don't want to be alone.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Strap in... :yokotaro:.

Also the Japanese version of The Weight of the World is probably my favourite, it's ridiculous. I may or may not have had it on loop ever since I got the Hong Kong release of the game in late February...

Worth noting that if you didn't read the lyrics, it's from a totally different perspective and tone compared to the English one.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Weight of the World is ridiculously good. All of the versions are great. My favorite is the final version.

CesspoolofHatred
Apr 3, 2017
Fun fact:

You can actually walk around during the Ending B credits and just straight up talk to everyone, and they all have new dialogue for you specifically for that situation. And you don't even have a time limit, because the credits song just keeps going as an instrumental until 2B goes to sleep. Same thing for a few other major events in the game, like after you find the aliens, and before Nines goes down to bail out Toobs - you can even hear everyone freaking the gently caress out in the Command Room. The subtle way the Bunker evolves in reaction to events in the world - and all the little running gags every time you check in with your Yorha buddies - gives it a lot of life, and I think it's one of the most criminally overlooked aspects of the game.

CesspoolofHatred fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Oct 16, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

In today's news:

Yoko Taro Wants To Make Drakengard And NieR Sequels As Well As An Adult Video Someday
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/10/1..._medium=twitter

"Q: What if you were to make the next NieR title?

Yoko Taro: I think I’d imagine a NieR: Automata sequel that everyone is thinking about, then make something that is not that. I’m going to ruin it, is what I’m thinking."

This is why he's the best.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Yoko Taro's Frog Fractions 3.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

In today's news:

Yoko Taro Wants To Make Drakengard And NieR Sequels As Well As An Adult Video Someday
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/10/1..._medium=twitter

"Q: What if you were to make the next NieR title?

Yoko Taro: I think I’d imagine a NieR: Automata sequel that everyone is thinking about, then make something that is not that. I’m going to ruin it, is what I’m thinking."

This is why he's the best.

So I guess the next game will be without Platinum doing the gameplay? :v:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Strap in... :yokotaro:.

Also the Japanese version of The Weight of the World is probably my favourite, it's ridiculous. I may or may not have had it on loop ever since I got the Hong Kong release of the game in late February...

Worth noting that if you didn't read the lyrics, it's from a totally different perspective and tone compared to the English one.

:same: I really like all the versions, but I think the emotion of the Japanese one is just really good.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Wasn’t Drakengard 3 already essentially an adult video?

A harem dating sim seems like a decent fit for a future Yoko project. With a few tweaks, Automata would qualify as one.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Know Such Peace posted:

Wasn’t Drakengard 3 already essentially an adult video?

A harem dating sim seems like a decent fit for a future Yoko project. With a few tweaks, Automata would qualify as one.

9S is obviously the protagonist. We've got 2B as the cool one, Commander as the class president, Anemone as the one with a dark past, A2 as the delinquent always smoking on the school roof, 21O as the legally required 'Date your adopted mom/sister' route, 6O as a non-dateable female buddy and occasional wingwoman, and Pascal as 9S's wingman/buddy/debate rival.

Guest-starring PE teacher Eve and Philosophy teacher Adam.

EDIT: And Jackass is exactly the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Ratoslov posted:

9S is obviously the protagonist. We've got 2B as the cool one, Commander as the class president, Anemone as the one with a dark past, A2 as the delinquent always smoking on the school roof, 21O as the legally required 'Date your adopted mom/sister' route, 6O as a non-dateable female buddy and occasional wingwoman, and Pascal as 9S's wingman/buddy/debate rival.

Guest-starring PE teacher Eve and Philosophy teacher Adam.

EDIT: And Jackass is exactly the same.

Wait I thought Pascal was also female-coded.

• Locked thread