Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
One of the undeniable benefits of the Best Of compilation is that I've had the phrase "Paul Blart: Mall Blart" going through my head all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Zsinjeh posted:

wow holy poo poo. so I might have been influenced by having a good day today but when Benny Schwazz goes into the story about his sexscene and Scott and Horatio calling him a loving nerd and it escalating from there I had to do an old-man-bending-over-and-holding-his-knees-because-i'm-laughing-so-hard

That part and the very end with the picture Scott wants to send Ben destroyed me.

Fake Edit: Also, the Instagram inbox

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I really want this CBB adaptation of Little Shop of Horrors.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

LesterGroans posted:

the very end with the picture Scott wants to send Ben destroyed me.

Me too. Nonstop extremely crude dick jokes, that's my cup of tea. Everything I could've hoped for from the first episode of the year.

The pictures on the episode page of Ben rolling up his sleeves and Scott's utter delight that they got it on camera are fantastic.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
that was a funny episode

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

manyak posted:

that was a funny episode

that episode's okay

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Horatio's Pittsburgh character reminded me of his finest moment on SNL. It never gets old to me:

https://screen.yahoo.com/don-zimmer-sports-spectacular-000000809.html

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Horatio is in my favorite SNL sketch ever, and i'm super upset it was never on the show. Never heard the audience so quiet, and the performers having more fun because of it.

Plate Boy and Cup Boy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMbugGefIyI&index=3&list=PL3r0xwQOwaLWs2dlFjeCHB8cDdx96zt6P

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Look, I loved when Benny Schwaz and Scott sang Downtown from Little Shop but you have to admit that they went overboard this episode. Every other minute they were doing anotheNICE! BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM Well it's Hollywood Facts and we're going downtown, going to Inglewood now. Everybody do your facts and know your stars. There's glitz and glamour and lots of bars. Get a drink at a club, then go walk in front of Chinese Theatre. Hollywood Facts. Take out your diiiick. Check out the facts it's the Hollywood Facts, Bro!

Wax Lion
Aug 24, 2009

The singing was insufferable. I love them both but they have got to tone the over-excited theater kid thing down.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Episode was great, singing was great. I had "Comedy BANG BANG into your moooouth" stuck in my head all day. I also want a CBB production of Little Shop of Horrors so bad.

C+ episode.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I went from cringing at the dumb little tune Ben made up in the beginning to wiping tears of laughter from my face and then gladly having it stuck in my head.

Aquarium Repairmen is probably passed on by comedy aficionados because they break, but it only solidifies my love for Horatio. The part at 4:26 where he laughs so his mustache flies half-way off, oh man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYsBKrGGTPU

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jan 6, 2015

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bowser posted:

but you have to admit that they went overboard this episode
nope

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

DON QUIxote

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

"It's like *just* high enough" got no love.

Harvey Wallbanger
Aug 15, 2009
yeah this ep demands like 3 listens right away just to catch all the Great Bits(TM)

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Harvey Wallbanger posted:

yeah this ep demands like 3 listens right away just to catch all the Great Bits(TM)

Grits? Grebits?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
"A 68 is a 69 but I owe you one later."

Incredible episode, very high bit saturation. There can never be too much singing, bring on CBB Little Shop of Horrors as soon as humanly possible.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I am still laughing at "Young Latina Rides Big Cock", it is absurd how much that made me laugh in an episode full of so much funny poo poo.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
D-d-d-danger lurks behind you. Tony Danza's gonna drown you.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

WoG posted:

D-d-d-danger lurks behind you. Tony Danza's gonna drown you.

FISH POO! AWOOooO

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Speaking of Bang Bang Into Your Mouth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ7bpmPrXF0

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Was that originally a solo bolo thing or what? Ben Schwartz came out of the gate hard on the Bang Bang into your mouth line.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

RIP Bill Cosby

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Power of Pecota posted:

Was that originally a solo bolo thing or what? Ben Schwartz came out of the gate hard on the Bang Bang into your mouth line.

I think he just has a filthy mind.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

I almost gave up on Uncle Stoney until he took the one hit and I just about lost it.

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo

erezaka posted:

RIP Bill Cosby

This made me laugh so hard and the fact that it slipped by with no one really acknowledging it made me laugh harder.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

One of my favorite things from this one that hasn't been mentioned is the allusions to a dropped Horatio character that ejaculates out of his mouth.

They reference it many times and I assume Horatio wanted to do this episode as a character who ejaculates out of his mouth and that got veto'd, so we ended up getting what we got. Which was gold.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

cams posted:

One of my favorite things from this one that hasn't been mentioned is the allusions to a dropped Horatio character that ejaculates out of his mouth.

They reference it many times and I assume Horatio wanted to do this episode as a character who ejaculates out of his mouth and that got veto'd, so we ended up getting what we got. Which was gold.
It's a reference to a character he did on Improv4Humans and has probably been expanded upon from joking around off-air, or maybe it was in CBB too and I forgot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW7Hl4P1yOA
"I don't like water....or saliva...it reminds me of pre-cum"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Scott's doing a Reddit AMA right now and answered the question I would've asked if I had a reddit account: He keeps bringing up that season 3 was difficult, but why he say that???:

"Each season has had its difficulties in producing them - and let me just say that I am really proud of the episodes in the second half of season three. I think they're super funny. There is a story to why I think they're a little inconsistent in production:

For season two, we wrote all 20 episodes before we started shooting, and we shot them all out of sequence. I think the christmas episode with Zach was one of the first ones we shot, and I know the Halloween ep with Pee-wee was in our second week. So we really got to figure out an order after the fact that made sense.

For season three, we had an earlier premiere date, but we started at the same time. So, even though we still wrote everything before we started shooting, what I didn't know was that the first ten episodes we turned in (and the first ten we shot) had to be the first ten that aired. The network told us that after we shot them. Those ten were huge episodes - and ones I would have spaced out a bit, because in most of them we're doing big, big ideas.

Secondly, after we shot these huge episodes, the production company came to me and told me we were wildly over budget, and had to cut stuff out of the second ten eps. So, not only were the second ten episodes slightly less ambitious, we had to cut even MORE out of them.

I pushed back, and we were able to keep some great stuff, like the time travel episode and the Xmas ep, but I do think the back half of the season suffers a bit from being less ambitious in scope compared to the front half. I would have liked to have mixed them up a bit more, like a mix CD, and have there be more variety."

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Someone asked what episode PFT loved and kept mentioning during the Best Ofs but was never actually stated. Turns out it was the Kulap/Shelby Fero/Horatio episode Nubile Agape, which is an interesting choice - I remember enjoying it a lot when it came out but didn't see much mention of it during Best Of season. Shelby is the loving best though.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
What was great about that epi was Kulap, Scott and Horatio all ganging up and bullying Shelby for her age.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Mr. Squishy posted:

What was great about that epi was Kulap, Scott and Horatio all ganging up and bullying Shelby for her age.

Seriously. The suffrage and Howard Hughes bits crack me whenever I think of them.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
If I remember correctly they mocked her dumb ignorance, not really her age.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Nubile Agape absolutely got one of my votes, that was probably the episode I went back and listened to the most. I love hearing Scott and Kulap interract on podcasts.

Speaking of, Scott is on the new Who Charted.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes

cams posted:

Speaking of, Scott is on the new Who Charted.

And he is NOT happy about it. I know it was probably just ball busting but man Scott was picking on Kramer relentlessly. Still a good listen though.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Sneeing Emu posted:

And he is NOT happy about it. I know it was probably just ball busting but man Scott was picking on Kramer relentlessly. Still a good listen though.
He always does this though, that's their dynamic. And it's hilarious.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The best part of the TV show starting up is that Scott makes the rounds as a podcast guest, where he's free to be a giant rear end in a top hat to people. That's why he's always one of the best parts of the Doug Loves Movies Christmas episodes

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

xbilkis posted:

The best part of the TV show starting up is that Scott makes the rounds as a podcast guest, where he's free to be a giant rear end in a top hat to people. That's why he's always one of the best parts of the Doug Loves Movies Christmas episodes

2013's christmas episode where he just rips into Hardwick was great. even better to see in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I had no idea Scottrick was like 6'3"! Nor did I know that Lapkus is taller than me.

This has seriously scrambled my mental picture of the podcasts.