Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Leper Residue posted:

Usually that poo poo is later in the day, not 2pm eastern time.

nope. it's whenever.

The thread has shown that pretty consistently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Awesome! posted:

btw is prison architect good early access or bad
Good Early Access.
It's by the Uplink/Darwinia/Defcon guys (So like... professional indie?) so they're not cutting and running and they're still actively making the game instead of a side-project like some EA's are.
There's quite a lot to do it in already and they're still adding features.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
Finally the store loads. Hack 'n' Slash just went live too, any impressions on that?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Gunpoint Get on this game
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=yvxxK6ezAA8s2Svb

Papers, Please. Drifter actually gave this to me as a gift a few days ago so here's my chance to pay it forward.
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=HurK2wbwHrCF8Dmc

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The problem with these really good bundles is I already own every game in it :saddowns:

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Awesome! posted:

btw is prison architect good early access or bad

I don't own it but they've been regularly updating it with new features, you can watch it every now and then in their video updates. The guys behind it have a bunch of games under their belt so that's one thing less to worry about.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Kibayasu posted:

The problem with these really good bundles is I already own every game in it :saddowns:

Yeah at this point I own Gunpoint/Gone Home/Papers Please, but even at $10 getting the other games is super tempting. There's been a bunch of bundles I look at and go "well poo poo, I already have every game I want out of them." Which I guess is good because more money went to the devs and all. Unless I got the game in another bundle. Hmm.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Faraday Cage posted:

Prison Architect has had pretty substantial updates every month since it started early access, except for one month which was dedicated to fixing bugs. Even at this point it holds up as a pretty good (sandbox) game in my opinion.

It's also just the kind of game that's really well suited to EA. You can dive in whenever they do a big update and get addicted for a few days straight, then put it away until the next update comes out. I've probably got more combined playtime in PA than I do in a lot of "finished" games, but it's all in like 3-4 day spurts.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The bundle with the world's largest install size has finally arrived

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/fear-bundle/

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Quest For Glory II posted:

The bundle with the world's largest install size has finally arrived

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/fear-bundle/

We joke about how big FEAR was/is, but really, I mean it's so far outclassed that it's not even a big deal anymore.
:shrug:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The F.E.A.R. bundle owns. Those are excellent games. The 3rd part has a really great co-op campaign.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Bundle Stars also has deals on all Batman games: http://www.bundlestars.com/store/publisher/warner-brothers/

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Reasons to buy and play FEAR no 1: The Shotgun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coFLF3itB5A

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Palpek posted:

The F.E.A.R. bundle owns. Those are excellent games. The 3rd part has a really great co-op campaign.

I keep hearing FEAR 3's co-op was fantastic, but is it that much better than the single player game? I played through it in a couple hours and was struck by how grey, charmless and utterly boring it was from beginning to end. I'm not big on the first two, but at least they have some solid weapons and memorable fights. The only thing that got me to finish FEAR 3 at all was my quest to open every single door in the game with my boot.

If the co-op is really that good I might give FEAR 3 another try.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Is it possible to even search the bundlestars store for games?
Can one find a separate listing for the titles that they have in the F.E.A.R. bundle?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

DoombatINC posted:

I keep hearing FEAR 3's co-op was fantastic, but is it that much better than the single player game? I played through it in a couple hours and was struck by how grey, charmless and utterly boring it was from beginning to end. I'm not big on the first two, but at least they have some solid weapons and memorable fights. The only thing that got me to finish FEAR 3 at all was my quest to open every single door in the game with my boot.

Co-op owns and the characters really mesh with one another. If you play it with someone you talk poo poo with, it's a fantastic experience that can make the repetitive environments fall by the wayside. I annoyed my coop partner by cackling as often as Ferrel does. :v:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

Who the gently caress keeps coding games to not work on 3TB+ HDDs. I'm going to hurt someone.

Probably yourself, partition it into two bits and rejoice.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

So is the Van Helsing bundle worth picking up at all?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

DoombatINC posted:

The difference is that the other player gets to control a completely different character who operates in 2 modes: in the first mode he's very vulnerable and acts as support to the shootman, healing him, buffing, levitating opponents while he shoots them etc.; in the second mode he can actually posses the enemies' bodies and control them, when the enemy gets killed he goes back to the 1st mode. It's a pretty huge deal honestly and very fun.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

That all sounds more interesting then the duller, greyer CoD lite that is the single player experience.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
So I take it Arma 3 has a lot of content for SP and 2-player coop?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Palpek posted:

The first one was good and the second was average at best and the third was a bit poo poo. They "consoled" the gently caress out of the second and third ones.

Any co-op game is only as good as the buddy you are playing with.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

S.J. posted:

So is the Van Helsing bundle worth picking up at all?
Yes Van Helsing owns, it's one of the best singleplayer arpgs and it's pretty underrated.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fear 3 campaign is worth playing only if you're me and you missed that incredible can of worms that was Fear 2's ending.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274920/

So this is every furry's wet dream come true? *shudder*

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I'd rather live in my own reality wherein FEAR never had any sequels and I imagined the last 5 seconds of the ending to FEAR.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I'm trying to get into the Witcher again and remembered some discussion about a combat overhaul mod that was supposed to be pretty good. Is this the one, or is there something else out there?

mcbexx posted:

Don't tell me this tech is similar to the one used for that creepy Pikachu game.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 9, 2014

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Palpek posted:

Yes Van Helsing owns, it's one of the best singleplayer arpgs and it's pretty underrated.

The co-op is pretty great, too. Very solid game all the way 'round.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

mcbexx posted:

I think the floating hamburger face cancels it out.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

DoombatINC posted:

That all sounds more interesting then the duller, greyer CoD lite that is the single player experience.

It also makes the game a competition, since you are both scored. It encourages you to lay looser to beat your friend, which works really well in my books. Competitive co-op isn't often utilized as well as it was in Fear 3.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

The White Dragon posted:

I'm trying to get into the Witcher again and remembered some discussion about a combat overhaul mod that was supposed to be pretty good. Is this the one, or is there something else out there?

Don't tell me this tech is similar to the one used for that creepy Pikachu game.

Yes, it's worth it. But make sure it's set to easy or normal if you like a challenge. It's ball breakingly hard at hard.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

The White Dragon posted:

Yeah, that's the one. I haven't played the one for Witcher 1, but the one for Witcher 2 was stellar.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
That is a drat fine Humble Bundle, I already own Papers Please, Gunpoint, and Gone Home though.

Is Prison Architect coming along well?

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

Azran posted:

So I take it Arma 3 has a lot of content for SP and 2-player coop?

Absolutely. It launched without a singleplayer campaign, but they've since added that in and it's fairly substantial. That aside you've got plenty of user-made scenarios in the workshop and the editor allows you to make a simple mission in just a couple of minutes.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
How's Van Helsing II compared to the first? I found the first game enjoyable, but I got several hours into it before realizing it wasn't going to get any more difficult. I restarted on a harder challenge level but just didn't feel like repeating the same zones again.

The new one seems like it has some cool extra features, like some sorta base/army/monster management stuff? Is the gameplay pretty much identical? And, are they planning to release a bunch of DLC later on that I should just wait for?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ddraig posted:

Reasons to buy and play FEAR no 1: The Shotgun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coFLF3itB5A

Fear 3's greatest crime was making the shotgun into an airsoft gun.

Pretty good game otherwise, though.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

tripwood posted:

Yes, it's worth it. But make sure it's set to easy or normal if you like a challenge. It's ball breakingly hard at hard.

Gort posted:

Yeah, that's the one. I haven't played the one for Witcher 1, but the one for Witcher 2 was stellar.

Great, thanks you guys. I'm pretty cruise when it comes to games so I'll probably be tackling it on easy.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Is it bad that I want to buy Humble Bundle 12 mainly for the novelty that I have none of those games? :ohdear:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow I was ready to say you guys totally over did how bad new thief is but then the master catcher fight happened and now I just want this game to be over.

Oh my god I just want my disk space back

frank.club fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

Having never played Psychonauts until literally just months ago, I'm of the opinion that the humor of the game still holds up today but the actual gameplay itself less so. For the most part the aged gameplay is inoffensive but there are a few notable mentions in the Milkman chapter and (obviously) Meat Circus.

Milkman chapter was just kinda unintuitive throughout and I had to constantly refer to a guide to figure out where I was expected to go next. The stage itself has a weird gravity thing going on and I found myself being flung off into orbit more than I'd like to be.

Meat Circus is supposedly less awful than it used to be and from what I understand it's because of more generous checkpoints. That being said it's still an exercise in frustration. The biggest problem, I feel, was the camera. It's really bad in the sections with the rotating dart board knife thrower thingamajigs and even worse in the section with the rising water where you have to climb up the spiral mesh and avoid the fire. ...yeah, I lost a ton of lives there.

It's still worth a playthrough and definitely worth picking up for a dollar, but I'm not entirely convinced the platforming holds up anymore.

I disagree. I played it like two weeks ago start to finish in a single saturday because it was that good. Play with a controller and you won't have these problems (other than the controls on screen not matching up with your controller). The Milkman chapter was awesome, dat steve blum voice. Meat Circus was the last level in the game it's going to be difficult :wtc: were you expecting? The final bosses weren't even hard. If you want to complain about a level being obtuse say napoleon's

• Locked thread