Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

Samara posted:

What do they need to do to D Va?

I say 1) increase damage slightly. Very slightly. 2) reduce countdown on her Ult so it goes off quicker. 3) reduce time out of mech

Yeah, number 3 def needs to happen. After your mech is destroyed, I feel like it's more effective to just kill yourself so you can respawn and be useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Countblanc posted:

Watch pyyyour, moonmoon, and renbot stream

Cheers! Got a link? Also, is it just gameplay or do they comment while playing like a_seagull?

Minorkos posted:

Then she would literally just be Winston

Except way more fun to play and not an ape scientist :eng101:

KoB
May 1, 2009

anime was right posted:

i love it when genjis use reflect when im shooting them with winston. flail you stupid lovely ninja, flail.

Which is dumb since he can reflect a fuckin black hole but not lightning.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Jesus Christ, pubs.

Just finished a game where at team select, I went Widow. Two other players then immediately go Hanzo. "We've got too many snipers, guys", but they ignore me. So, I go Mercy instead.

Hanzo #2 runs out to the first cap (Hollywood) and...idles for like 3 minutes. Later, I see we've got 2 Soldiers. Then we end up with 2 Pharas. No one stays near me for healing, or helps me when I'm in trouble. We get rolled, and the Hanzo #2 starts to bitch in chat about it. :suicide:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Dr. Carwash posted:

Yeah, number 3 def needs to happen. After your mech is destroyed, I feel like it's more effective to just kill yourself so you can respawn and be useful.

Yeah bliz said they weren't looking at increasing her damage significantly, probably increasing her utility instead (she is supposed to be a tank after all). I liked the idea of giving her on-foot mode a smaller matrix that builds her mech call meter, which fixes multiple problems at once.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Luchadork posted:

Jesus Christ, pubs.

Just finished a game where at team select, I went Widow. Two other players then immediately go Hanzo. "We've got too many snipers, guys", but they ignore me. So, I go Mercy instead.

Hanzo #2 runs out to the first cap (Hollywood) and...idles for like 3 minutes. Later, I see we've got 2 Soldiers. Then we end up with 2 Pharas. No one stays near me for healing, or helps me when I'm in trouble. We get rolled, and the Hanzo #2 starts to bitch in chat about it. :suicide:

Nice to see the TF2 pub logic of "I'm doing great as the 3rd sniper. It's everyone else who sucks." Is carrying over well.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Your Computer posted:

Cheers! Got a link? Also, is it just gameplay or do they comment while playing like a_seagull?

Except way more fun to play and not an ape scientist :eng101:

I believe they're all in the op, if not you can find them by those names in twitch. Moonmoon talks a lot but it's pretty causal unless someone asks specific questions, same for pyyyour. I haven't actually seen renbot stream myself but he comes highly recommended for tank players

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Managed to get an incredibly underwhelming Torb PotG. I think you see me shoot through an open doorway, then back up and walk away like I'm heading off to get coffee. I don't know if my turret even got a kill.

For this heroism my team gave me all their MVP votes. :blush:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

It finally happened. Someone ragequit because I decided to play Zenyatta instead of Mercy or Lucio when we needed a support.

I basically only play Zenyatta when there's already another support for this reason: people really want a reliable, strong healer, and for all of Zenyatta's strengths he's a tough sell as a main healer.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This is still the best torbjörn play of the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiMJ-s4T16M

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yeah bliz said they weren't looking at increasing her damage significantly, probably increasing her utility instead (she is supposed to be a tank after all). I liked the idea of giving her on-foot mode a smaller matrix that builds her mech call meter, which fixes multiple problems at once.

her defense mode out of mech should be holding her fingers out at 90 degree angles like she's framing a portrait

it would be the most anime thing ever

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Those Hanzo toeshots are the worst, I ambushed one with a full 250hp Mei and he just did an immediate 180 degree turn and one-shot me by shooting me in the foot with the scatter arrow.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zzulu posted:

I hope Blizzard never changes the criteria for Play of the Game because I never want to play a version of Overwatch where this can't happen.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Harrow posted:

I hope Blizzard never changes the criteria for Play of the Game because I never want to play a version of Overwatch where this can't happen.

as long as they make it so supportier people can get potg more and make it harder for bastion tbh its hard to see anything besides tiny improvements they could make

blizzard probably wants it to feel randomish and give you some funny results so you share them more.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Ddraig posted:

It legit depresses me when I get four gold medals as Soldier and a silver on healing because god drat what the gently caress are the rest of the team even doing. I know we have a Genji somewhere but he's a true master of stealth since I don't think we ever seen or heard from him once.

:zenpop:

That's right, the slowest character with the lowest health pool was apparently the only one brave enough to actually move past the choke point and dared to stand on the objective.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

DrSeRRoD posted:

This is kind of the hotdogs, but no mmr, just rankings and stats. https://masteroverwatch.com/leaderboards/pc/us

The leaderboard is nonsense though and the rest of it is built on stats I can look up in game. I'm curious to see an estimated MMR, winning team comps per map, etc.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

They should give her mini versions of both her things. Like have her have a small jet pack with half the boost time and a matrix that last half as long.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Zzulu posted:

topical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqksc8F-kEo

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

anime was right posted:

as long as they make it so supportier people can get potg more and make it harder for bastion tbh its hard to see anything besides tiny improvements they could make

blizzard probably wants it to feel randomish and give you some funny results so you share them more.

I would like a Zenyatta PotG at some point because this highlight intros are so badass.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I have a good idea, Blizzard should craft an algorithm to analyze what classes a player chooses most often, and if it's Hanzo/Widow, then make it less likely to drop them in a game with other people who do the same.

And if this extends the searching-for-game timer for Hanzo/Widow players, oh well!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The inexplicable "maybe gets one assist and nothing else happens" potgs own and I want them to stay forever, it's the "defending team gets a triple kill a minute in with a junkrat ult (then loses point a minute later)" ones that suck. Like if the game cared about Stopwatch then sure ok you bought your team another 30 seconds on the clock good work but cmon

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

I'm at work trying to stifle my laughter. My eyes are watering.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Man, I just realized when I try to recall what Pharah's ult sounds like it comes up as "Justice rains from a-AUGH" in my head.

Maybe it says something about Pharah's ult, maybe it says something about me iunno.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Zzulu posted:

The PotG algorithm has become sentient and it is sarcastic as gently caress.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Harrow posted:

I would like a Zenyatta PotG at some point because this highlight intros are so badass.

I got one this morning with a zarya ult, courtesy of Brannock :buddy:

Turns out a bunch of heroes all floating in one spot get turned into mincemeat with discord headshots.

My Zenyatta game got a lot better when I said "gently caress it" and turned trying to survive with his flimsy rear end to the wind. Just focus on shooting dudes and discording and hope whoever has the harmony orb is somewhere useful and not dead with it, you're like a less lovely Hanzo with a counter-ult to Reaper and Pharah and so on.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

I'd like PotG to occasionally (like 1/25th of the time or so) be based on ragdoll air time.
Ok, thanks.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Any pointers on Mei? I've tried her out and it seems like you have to be aggressive, but to get in that close you seem like your gonna just delay death with the ice block, and just momentarily block enemies with the wall (maybe a clutch save against another ult). But it really seems like she is dependent on your team coordinating to be good at all.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Any pointers on Mei? I've tried her out and it seems like you have to be aggressive, but to get in that close you seem like your gonna just delay death with the ice block, and just momentarily block enemies with the wall (maybe a clutch save against another ult). But it really seems like she is dependent on your team coordinating to be good at all.

She's played like Mcree, stay near your team-blob and punish any enemies coming from the side-lanes or over-extending from the front.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Sometimes you can play it safe and just freeze and execute people, a lot of the times you should just focus on flicking icicles and being a shittier McCree with more HP and a survival tool. Her wall is her most powerful ability and potentially most likely to backfire and own your team, you actually need a lot of really rapid decision making to do well with her imo. On the other hand, it's rarely a bad thing to wall off and separate a Reinhardt that just walked through a choke from his cowardly team. Then you just go in and become a war criminal against the german people.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

guts and bolts posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a Symmetra PotG ever?
Play on my team, Symmetra can solo an entire team on anti-flank.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Samara posted:

People are talking / bitching about "Play of The Game" waaayyyyy too much.

Maybe Blizzard should rename it to "Cool Play" or "Outstanding Play".

It's just supposed to be a sweet kill / Rez / Ultimate, stop taking it so seriously.

"A thing that happened"

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Moriatti posted:

Play on my team, Symmetra can solo an entire team on anti-flank.

Maybe one on one, or sometimes two on one if she has a ton of turrets up, but if the enemy team rushes you, you're toast.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Minrad posted:

I got one this morning with a zarya ult, courtesy of Brannock :buddy:

Turns out a bunch of heroes all floating in one spot get turned into mincemeat with discord headshots.

My Zenyatta game got a lot better when I said "gently caress it" and turned trying to survive with his flimsy rear end to the wind. Just focus on shooting dudes and discording and hope whoever has the harmony orb is somewhere useful and not dead with it, you're like a less lovely Hanzo with a counter-ult to Reaper and Pharah and so on.

Yeah, that's basically the best and most fun way to play him. Well, either that, or hang out with a really good Reinhardt and become immortal.

The only problem is how often pubbies will switch off of a support when they see me pick Zenyatta. Yes, Zenyatta is a support, but he isn't a great healer, and in this uncoordinated team of pubbies, we need a for-real healer. Zenyatta's job is to help speed up the murder and do some back-up healing. When he needs to be the full-time healer, everyone just ends up sad.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Pinely posted:

The best thing about Mei is how loving metal her kills are. Freeze someone in place, look into their eyes, and pump a shard of ice through their skull.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Yeah at first I was annoyed by the weird choices for POTG, but then I remembered that it's some algorithm picking them and not a person and embraced the wackiness. Now I wish it was even a little MORE open to random picks.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://watcher.gg/profile/1226642

As is turns out I love playing Mercy and really dig Lucio but my dubious winrate with these characters means that sometimes I wonder if I'm not better serving people by actually being a character able to put some firepower on the playing field. Even my incredibly lovely Widowmaker accuracy is enough to be a bodyshotting terror at the MMR I find myself in.

Though it also means I've played a lot of solo queue and somebody has to be the healer.

I'm just ashamed that I need more practice with Winston though.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kabraxis posted:

I've been using master overwatch since late last week, but I heard about https://watcher.gg/ just today. It's got neat graphs.

I like this page

https://watcher.gg/leaderboard/timePlayed/-1/0/pc

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Dr. Carwash posted:

Zero suit D.Va builds ultimate charge faster than anyone else in the game by a mile. Just aim your blasters at a tank and you will get your suit back quickly. I've found other D.Va's are good targets, or doorways where people pass through. You don't have to do much damage, just hit some shots.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

T.G. Xarbala posted:

As is turns out I love playing Mercy and really dig Lucio but my dubious winrate with these characters means that sometimes I wonder if I'm not better serving people by actually being a character able to put some firepower on the playing field. Even my incredibly lovely Widowmaker accuracy is enough to be a bodyshotting terror at the MMR I find myself in.

You can wonder all you want, just remember that some lovely pubbie will fill the spot you vacate.

-No tanks on payload? Pubbie goes D.Va
-No healers? Pubbie feels you need a third sniper.
-Koth map? Pubbie hears Widow and Bastion make a good team combo
-On Offense? Pubbie is real good at Symmetra he swears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah at first I was annoyed by the weird choices for POTG, but then I remembered that it's some algorithm picking them and not a person and embraced the wackiness. Now I wish it was even a little MORE open to random picks.

"Play Of The Game"

killcam of Widowmaker as she runs to Point A from Spawn, sees it's about to get capped, and turns around back to to Point B as the Attacking team overtakes her