Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I figured I'd sneak in a peak at Subnautica, and five minutes later, six hours have apparently passed.
This is cool as hell, and all purdy-like.

Upgraded a bunch of my poo poo, took me forever to figure some things out, like brain corals replenishing oxygen. My loving word, was I ever so dense. I was on the verge of saying "okay, this is tedious as all gently caress", but realized I must have missed something, and I did indeed.

The seaglider was another game-changer, found a bunch of poo poo that was really intriguing, but it started to be out of reach from my life pod even with the glider, so I figured it's time to settle down. So I built my first habitat on a cliff of the starting area overlooking a massive canyon mouth filled with red grass. Looks beautiful as gently caress to stare out my glass compartments and watch those giant floaties drift by.

Then I found a cave...

a deep cave.

And for the first time since that time I played Half-Life 2 and got scared of heights when I traversed the girder bridge over the canyon...I got scared.

Like, not jump-scare in a 3d shooter scared, actual discomfort crept-out like gently caress scared to the point where I slowly moonwalked out that cave, saved and quit. :yikes:

Good, I’m glad you like it. The game is a ton of fun and nothing else gives you the same feel of terror at what you might come across.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

That might as well read THERE'S GOOD LOOT INSIDE THIS CAVE

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Took a bit of a break on DBFZ to play Civ VI. Came back to it today after finding my fightstick I had for my 360 and basically have to relearn how to do everything with this now instead of a XBONE controller. Still fun to play but have to go back to the lab to get good.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I was phoneposting in the last 30 seconds between takeoff and loss of cell coverage.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nick Soapdish posted:

Took a bit of a break on DBFZ to play Civ VI. Came back to it today after finding my fightstick I had for my 360 and basically have to relearn how to do everything with this now instead of a XBONE controller. Still fun to play but have to go back to the lab to get good.

fite me sometime

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is anybody playing Monster Hunter World? I heard this was "the good one" so I bought it and it seems ok. I'm definitely not in love with it yet.

I heard it's awesome in multiplayer but as far as I can tell the game puts you in tiny lobbies of like 20 people and expects you to post and join quests with people of massively different levels. Every time I try to join somebody else in a game it just complains that I'm too low level. What the gently caress is up with that? Why can't I matchmake with the whole population?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Capn Beeb posted:

That's the entrance to the Tide pod factory.

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Is anybody playing Monster Hunter World? I heard this was "the good one" so I bought it and it seems ok. I'm definitely not in love with it yet.

I heard it's awesome in multiplayer but as far as I can tell the game puts you in tiny lobbies of like 20 people and expects you to post and join quests with people of massively different levels. Every time I try to join somebody else in a game it just complains that I'm too low level. What the gently caress is up with that? Why can't I matchmake with the whole population?

Just fire sos flares on every mission, people will join you.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

oooo that kinda makes me wanna play now

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
just had to do some open-mouse surgery on my mx518

cleaned out the gunk, fixed a thingie on the scroll wheel that was out of place, good to go

best mouse

13 years and still going

edit: TITAN

edit2: it's really kinda shameful that Newegg's power calculator always intentionally rounds to an insane number. My rig was estimated by several third party calculators as being around 460-462w at absolute peak going off the manufacturer's specifications. Meaning a 550w gold rated power supply should put out at a very minimum 478w, assuming it was at absolute load and the PSU was putting out the bare minimum it was certified at. Newegg says it will draw 692w, meaning that according to them I would need a 750w power supply.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 19, 2018

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Mine officially died last year after refurbs. I think I only crested 10 years though. It’s a grate piece of hardware.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C83BE6U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 arriving tomorrow :retrogames:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Why do they let you add stuff like this to your dash button for easy reordering?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm not getting my monitor until next week because being poor for so long has rotted my brain and I will have panic attacks if I let my cash reserves dip too low even though I can afford it easily.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I finally got the stuff I start building a base and well... :spergin:

I bought the game on Friday night at like 11.

Already spent like 22 hours playing it. gently caress.

Also, trading in my OG Xbox One at Gamestop and getting an S 1tb with Assassins Creed Origins for 100 bucks. :feelsgood:

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 19, 2018

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I ended up getting a steel series mouse and it is the first mouse I've been happy with since the old microsoft mouse.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

boop the snoot posted:

Why do they let you add stuff like this to your dash button for easy reordering?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt_iUyRxIR4

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A big fan of ~MyGamerGirlfriend~ flipping her poo poo over halo at 5:40

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the nerd playing ddr on a keyboard is my eternal favorite

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ah yes, the infancy of internet viralness, making lovely fake rage quit videos

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Any of y'all tried that Kingdom Come chivalry type game yet?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I heard one of the devs was an rear end in a top hat on twitter so I'm protesting in the streets on Tuesday

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
My video game time has been evenly split between COD (WW2, IW) and NBA 2K18.

Buckets.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I play bad japanese indie games.

Ask me about putting 30 hours in a 3 dollar game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/420520/Lost_Technology/

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

My video game time has been evenly split between COD (WW2, IW) and NBA 2K18.

Buckets.

nba2k is a fuckin quality franchise

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also ive been playing dbzf and ffxii

to atone for this im bringing back the hosedrinker

tonight

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Any of y'all tried that Kingdom Come chivalry type game yet?

Imagine Skyrim made by an unknown studio without the dragons or any of the magic stuff.

It's okay - I seem to get searched by the guards in one town a lot... guess suffocating one them and stealing all the poo poo in a room really soured their opinion of me.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

TCD posted:

It's okay - I seem to get searched by the guards in one town a lot... guess suffocating one them and stealing all the poo poo in a room really soured their opinion of me.

Fuckin police state, smh.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

nba2k is a fuckin quality franchise

Yea 2K is a great sports series but man oh man is MyPlayer a huge micro transaction scheme.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

Yea 2K is a great sports series but man oh man is MyPlayer a huge micro transaction scheme.

yeah poo poo like that made me stop playing that and madden

but the game itself for nba2k is really well done

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I still have those speakers DDR rage kid has :coal:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hell, same. It's 5.1 but I think I've only ever had it set up for that for a couple of months in the decade+ I've had them.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

A big fan of ~MyGamerGirlfriend~ flipping her poo poo over halo at 5:40

oh my god lol

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Handsome Ralph posted:

I still have those speakers DDR rage kid has :coal:

Same, I think they're 13 years old by now. Or more? Still work fine.

Also, played some more Subnautica. Expanded my base a little bit, but I'm also not entirely happy regarding its placement. It seems pretty central, only about 500m to several points of interest around, close to that jellymushroom abyss of doom that I still haven't explored on account of it being 200m+ down, but my base is at a depth of only 70m or so, feels like a waste. The sea moth was a game changer, though.

Also, this is the first game where I haven't learned or heeded any lessons that excessive curiosity has taught me. One minute I'll explore around somewhere, push the envelope some more because I found something shiny / scannable, then almost suffocate on my way back to the surface, and not half an hour later, I'll do the same thing. Heck, yet another half hour later the game warns me "there are several leviathan class lifeforms on scan, are you sure whatever you're doing is worth it?", and I've learned ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, so my immediate reaction is "Ohhhh, intriguing, let's see how far this canyon goeNOPNOPENOPENOPENOPE gently caress THAT NOISE", and I almost die yet again.

Also, someone advise me on what to do / plan for after having set up a small base with a multipurpose room, a sea moth, blueprints for some upgrades, blueprints for a ton of stuff I don't understand.
Since Stardew Valley, I've treasured the experience that resulted from not immediately looking up a game's wiki, even though it led to some dumb avoidable mistakes.

I've got the upgraded O2 tank, and I'm reasonably sure there must be an even higher capacity tank at some point, but even with the rebreather (the first of which I accidentally misclicked and dropped into a lava vent at the bottom of this jellymushroom cave), and double capacity of what I have now (145?), operating at depths below 200m doesn't seem sustainable.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
WELP ENOUGH SUBNAUTICA FOR TODAY

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vasudus posted:

I'm not getting my monitor until next week because being poor for so long has rotted my brain and I will have panic attacks if I let my cash reserves dip too low even though I can afford it easily.

Oh my god this times a million. I'm making enough take home pay that I have plenty of money at the end of the month for saving/spending, and I still have a weird panic attack when I think of spending money on something frivolous, that monitor was 500 bucks and even though I had more than enough cash to clear that and everything else for the rest of the month with cash left over to go into savings I still had that momentary freakout about how it's too much money.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

drat son 1440p looks fabulous. I may need to turn up my font size though. :corsair:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Same, I think they're 13 years old by now. Or more? Still work fine.

Also, played some more Subnautica. Expanded my base a little bit, but I'm also not entirely happy regarding its placement. It seems pretty central, only about 500m to several points of interest around, close to that jellymushroom abyss of doom that I still haven't explored on account of it being 200m+ down, but my base is at a depth of only 70m or so, feels like a waste. The sea moth was a game changer, though.

Also, this is the first game where I haven't learned or heeded any lessons that excessive curiosity has taught me. One minute I'll explore around somewhere, push the envelope some more because I found something shiny / scannable, then almost suffocate on my way back to the surface, and not half an hour later, I'll do the same thing. Heck, yet another half hour later the game warns me "there are several leviathan class lifeforms on scan, are you sure whatever you're doing is worth it?", and I've learned ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, so my immediate reaction is "Ohhhh, intriguing, let's see how far this canyon goeNOPNOPENOPENOPENOPE gently caress THAT NOISE", and I almost die yet again.

Also, someone advise me on what to do / plan for after having set up a small base with a multipurpose room, a sea moth, blueprints for some upgrades, blueprints for a ton of stuff I don't understand.
Since Stardew Valley, I've treasured the experience that resulted from not immediately looking up a game's wiki, even though it led to some dumb avoidable mistakes.

I've got the upgraded O2 tank, and I'm reasonably sure there must be an even higher capacity tank at some point, but even with the rebreather (the first of which I accidentally misclicked and dropped into a lava vent at the bottom of this jellymushroom cave), and double capacity of what I have now (145?), operating at depths below 200m doesn't seem sustainable.

Check out wrecks, check out radio beacons, and in generally just go deeper. You can get depth upgrades for your Seamoth that'll get you through 80% of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I bought Subnautica last night. So yeah, its good.