Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Does primal jewelry always have a socket?

I believe so, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Heeheeeee, Energy Twister wizard is so good.

I'm wearing a yellow ring and a yellow amulet and my only legendary gem is a Bane of the Powerful

Just smashed through a GR70 in 6 minutes!!

after trying it out this makes more sense, but still seems seriously impressive

the icy vein firebird meteor build was a bit too fragile for my taste (though it works well in large clusters), I'll try the Tal Rasha version next if I bore of Energy Twister

But upgrading rare swords is a bitch compared to wands/daggers

e:placing your twisters for max efficiency takes a bit of getting used to

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jun 29, 2018

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

Jan posted:

Using Explosive Blast just for Orb of Infinite Depth in DMO build is a prime example of micro faffery that makes me not bother with a build. Having to watch what's essentially a 6 second cooldown on top of everything else that DMO has going is bullshit, and I'm perfectly happy picking a different build or not ranking on leaderboards if it means not having to deal with that poo poo.

I was playing Tal Rasha for my last wizard until I RIP'd and then tried DMO, IIRC I used Black Hole + Spellsteal instead of Explosive Blast. Even then, it just wasn't remotely as fun as Tal Rasha Meteor, so that was the end of that season for me. :toot:

NumLock trick

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Even without numlock you can just hold down EB and it will activate every time it comes off cooldown.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
It's not just the autocasting of Explosive Blast, you also have to hit enemies within range to get the Orb of Infinite Depth effect. So either you get close to enemies every 4-6 seconds, or you try to always keep some close to you, both of which are pretty awful for a non-tanky build while playing Hardcore. Add to that having to put down a bubble on yourself as well as your target... Yeah, it's twitchy gameplay, and not in a good way.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I always RIP Wizards playing badly at the high GR bullet hell.

I only RIP crusaders on tough Rift Guardians

I ONLY RIP barbs loving up my charge cooldowns by nuking 2 dudes.

I have never played HC witch Doctor and my HC Necro and DH was a boss duo last season and both survived.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I kill my wizards like it's going out of style

Somehow my Crusader survived the whole season 13 but I murdered a WD and three Wizards

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I kill my wizards like it's going out of style

Somehow my Crusader survived the whole season 13 but I murdered a WD and three Wizards

Didn't you lose a primal twister sword [talk about owned dot gif]

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

And my first primal is.... Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac. gently caress.

My lazystorm necro has an ancient Tragouls and nothing else, meanwhile I've found like 4 ancient pieces of every other set aside from Inarius.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
Been running a load of piss-easy GRs as bell monk to get gems levelled for an alt, and just managed to break the 2 minute mark (nemesis bracers + lots of pylon luck), which is a personal best, and was kind of fun.

But probably nothing special - what's the fastest time anyone has managed to clear any kind of grift, at any level? I'm guessing maybe some sort of WD chicken build is the way to go?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/nEwjBeP.gifv

Lightning pylon + Power pylon + Double gelatinous = A Very Good Time

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
The entire session didn't seize for 5+ seconds calculating the loot so you did it wrong.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Suprfli6 posted:

And my first primal is.... Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac. gently caress.

My lazystorm necro has an ancient Tragouls and nothing else, meanwhile I've found like 4 ancient pieces of every other set aside from Inarius.

A primal ORotZ isn't actually the worst thing in the world since perfect rolls are hard to come by, it can be used on any class, and many builds do incorporate it as their second ring. Ancient zodiac rings are pretty much useless though.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Ancient Zodiacs are only worth it when it when you need another augment spot to drop yet another caldessian on.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Thank you to whichever goons were the ones who ran me through an endless number of grifts last night on my DH. RNGesus has cursed me to be 1-2 pieces shy of every build I want to make, and I think I need to just accept that.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Can someone properly explain the borrowed time decrepify CDR mechanic? Do I curse and then use the skill to gain the CDR or will it reduce time for skills on CD?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
For Gogok CDR it only applies to spells that you cast, not ones on cooldown already. So it's likely that works the same way.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ah apologies, I saw the words "6 raekor is HOTA" in the post and figured that was the build you were talking about. The link to the raekor/IK furious charge build should be very easy to find.

Anyone who says icy veins sucks is a colossal fool. Every once in a while they'll recommend something slightly sub optimal for console version but that's about the extent of their short comings
Icy Veins sucks for every game they make guides for. If you want outdated or outright wrong info with no actual reasoning as to why, be sure to hit up Icy Veins.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Khorne posted:

Icy Veins sucks for every game they make guides for. If you want outdated or outright wrong info with no actual reasoning as to why, be sure to hit up Icy Veins.

Mr. Khorne, what you’ve just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Yeah, IV isn't always perfect when it gets to top-level min/maxing, but for both WoW and D3 they can give you very good starting ideas at least. For HotS it's a little more hit or miss how close they are to the "meta" but they usually aren't too terrible in at least explaining why a talent might be good or bad.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

They don't seem to be very thorough about updating/editing their write ups because I've seen mistakes in most of the builds I checked this year. But they're minor, like talking about teleport in a build without it, and their fairly detailed explanations are very helpful. I prefer how Diablo Fans lays out information, though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Bane of the Powerful doesn't give bonuses against rift guardians, right? (regarding the second ability)

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Bane of the Powerful doesn't give bonuses against rift guardians, right? (regarding the second ability)

They're classified as "Elites" so it does work against them. Elites is a pretty broad term. It works against both types of elite packs, treasure goblins, rift/story bosses, and even other players in PvP (Yes, this does technically exist).

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Dang yeah they haven't updated the builds since season 12 for some mysterious unknown reason!!!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

May have trouble going back to a more sensible build after turning off the teleport cooldown (in exchange for 25 mana) for speed farming.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ive realized that the exact moment I lose interest in the game is when i have to swap my mobility skills for survivability skills, and consequently, all my favorite builds are the speedfarm variants of everything

this is terrible for someone who exclusively plays hardcore

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bust Rodd posted:

Ive realized that the exact moment I lose interest in the game is when i have to swap my mobility skills for survivability skills, and consequently, all my favorite builds are the speedfarm variants of everything

this is terrible for someone who exclusively plays hardcore

I dunno I still prefer speed over sustainability for hardcore, wait are we talking about Diablo or something else?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Didn't know about Puzzle rings opening a portal to The Vault. Must have scrapped a dozen by now.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Rinkles posted:

Didn't know about Puzzle rings opening a portal to The Vault. Must have scrapped a dozen by now.

Fwiw (and this could be bias) runs generated from the rings are a pale shadow of runs opened by killing a goblin. You still get tons of gold or whatever but not as much and the loot is garbage. My friend and I have done a bunch of ring-generated runs and have always been disappointed.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
You were really unlucky then.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
It takes like 5 vault runs on average to equal the average cow level anyways.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Best part was grinding bounties in the hope of spawning a Vault portal to meet the Seasonal requirement.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Rinkles posted:

Best part was grinding bounties in the hope of spawning a Vault portal to meet the Seasonal requirement.

That's poo poo, if anyone has to grind for that on purpose. I've gotten about four greed portals without even trying.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
It took me way too long to realize that Greed was female despite it having two sets of tits.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

https://i.imgur.com/nEwjBeP.gifv

Lightning pylon + Power pylon + Double gelatinous = A Very Good Time

You know your build has a fair amount of overkill when on T13 you nail all of runts from a double spawn in a nice compact little circle without any pylons.

Bell Monk, I'm looking at you.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Didn't you lose a primal twister sword [talk about owned dot gif]

I have lost every piece of gear from every season that has ever ended!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I have lost every piece of gear from every season that has ever ended!

That's a lot of puzzle rings and bovine axes forgotten in the stash.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Mustached Demon posted:

That's a lot of puzzle rings and bovine axes forgotten in the stash.

funny you say,because i just came here to share this how many legendaries do you think i could get from this? i will put them in a special tab and see im gonna guess 33

-did them i got 28 AND NOT A SINGLE ONE WAS ANCIENT

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 3, 2018

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Is Sunwuko's the bell monk set everyone seems to like? Cause it's the set RNG provided me with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Rinkles posted:

Is Sunwuko's the bell monk set everyone seems to like? Cause it's the set RNG provided me with.

Soon as you fill it out with the other requisite legendary pieces, you're a portable WMD.