Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ekuNNN posted:

Bolsonaro lost the election, and the fascists are taking it well :toot:
https://twitter.com/davidrkadler/status/1586862091461443589

this post sucks.

Awesome to hear Bolsonaro lost - I hadn't checked the news on that yet.

And I wouldn't know about how badly that post sucked, because Twitter wouldn't show anything without being logged in and LOL at the idea of having a Twitter account, especially now that Musk owns it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

CaptainSarcastic posted:

And I wouldn't know about how badly that post sucked, because Twitter wouldn't show anything without being logged in and LOL at the idea of having a Twitter account, especially now that Musk owns it.

Use a nitter instance. There are addons that will redirect tweet links to nitter for you so you can avoid the site as much as possible.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Inceltown posted:

Use a nitter instance. There are addons that will redirect tweet links to nitter for you so you can avoid the site as much as possible.

I'll think about it but I also don't feel like I'm missing out on much. Same with when Youtube wants me to log in before viewing something, and I actually do have a Youtube account - I just almost never actually log into it.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I wrote this lovely script to automatically forward you from Twitter to nitter, which should show you tweets without an account:

code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        Twit2Nit
// @namespace   Violentmonkey Scripts
// @match       https://twitter.com/*
// @grant       none
// @version     1.0
// @author      -
// @description 10/3/2022, 12:36:48 AM
// ==/UserScript==
location.href = location.href.replace("twitter.com", "nitter.net");

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Takes No Damage posted:

I wrote this lovely script to automatically forward you from Twitter to nitter, which should show you tweets without an account:

code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        Twit2Nit
// @grant       none
// @version     1.0
// @author      -
// ==/UserScript==

Cool, thanks! That makes it more likely for me to check it out.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Takes No Damage posted:

code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        Twit2Nit
// @grant       none
// @version     1.0
// @author      -
// ==/UserScript==

Might be worth adding mobile.twitter.com in there too as some people post links to that instead.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Large Testicles posted:

i work for doordash and plan on doing this the day i quit

so i worked for doordash just before/at the start of the pandemic. before the panny, you were required to hand food to a live person, and not allowed to leave food unattended at doors whatsoever. if you could not connect to the customer to do a live hand-off - if they didn't come to the door/respond to phone calls in 5 mins - you were allowed leave and keep the food for yourself.

i had a friend also dashing who had that happen a few times and got dinner out of it - i was so jealous, i wanted free meals, but it never happened for me. then the pandemic forced them to allow 'contactless delivery' and that whole thing just disappeared. the first few times just leaving the food and walking away felt so loving weird after they'd been so intense in their dumb trainings about never ever leaving food in a random places/only doing live hand-off or you wouldn't get paid.

anyway i hope you get your free meal.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Oct 31, 2022

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
very testy

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

StrangersInTheNight posted:

so i worked for doordash just before/at the start of the pandemic. before the panny, you were required to hand food to a live person, and not allowed to leave food unattended at doors whatsoever. if you could not connect to the customer to do a live hand-off - if they didn't come to the door/respond to phone calls in 5 mins - you were allowed leave and keep the food for yourself.

i had a friend also dashing who had that happen a few times and got dinner out of it - i was so jealous, i wanted free meals, but it never happened for me. then the pandemic forced them to allow 'contactless delivery' and that whole thing just disappeared. the first few times just leaving the food and walking away felt so loving weird after they'd been so intense in their dumb trainings about never ever leaving food in a random places/only doing live hand-off or you wouldn't get paid.

anyway i hope you get your free meal.

technically the trick to stealing food from doordash as a driver is never hitting the received button when you pick up the order from the restaurant, you just cancel your pickup and say it wasn't ready when you walk away with the food. that way the customer doesn't get hosed, the restaurant just has to remake the order and you get to either gently caress a small business owner or a big chain, both are good for the world

just don't expect to go back to that place again

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Lysandus posted:

Can someone repost that tamper monkey script that auto shows the controls on videos?

Swilo posted:

code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name               video resizing and sound
// @namespace          https://forums.somethingawful.com/
// @description        loving giant vertical recording
// @include            https://forums.somethingawful.com/*
// @grant              GM_addStyle
// ==/UserScript==

GM_addStyle("video { max-height: 1000px; max-width: 1000px;} ");

window.addEventListener("load", function() {
    $("video").attr("controls", "controls");
}, false);

Takes No Damage posted:

This one also autopauses and sets the volume to 20%

code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        Fix videos - somethingawful.com
// @match       https://forums.somethingawful.com/*
// @version     1.0
// @author      -
// @description 2/27/2020, 11:56:31 PM
// ==/UserScript==

const fixVideos = setTimeout(function(){
  var videos = document.getElementsByTagName('video');
  for(var i = 0; i < videos.length; i++){
    videos[i].removeAttribute('loop');
    videos[i].controls = true;
    videos[i].pause();
    videos[i].currentTime = 0;
    videos[i].volume = 0.2;
    videos[i].muted = false;
  }
}, 500);

Just wanted to mention I added these scripts to the OP of the thread for easy reference.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Inceltown posted:

Might be worth adding mobile.twitter.com in there too as some people post links to that instead.

Was going to test for this but 1) Can you link to a post with a mobile link? and 2) Website schad: nitter let their Let's Encrypt cert expire yesterday so it won't work until they get things renewed anyway. I have an Ubooquity server using a Let's Encrypt cert and even I knew to set up a script to check for cert renewal every 15 days :rolleyes:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Takes No Damage posted:

Was going to test for this but 1) Can you link to a post with a mobile link? and 2) Website schad: nitter let their Let's Encrypt cert expire yesterday so it won't work until they get things renewed anyway. I have an Ubooquity server using a Let's Encrypt cert and even I knew to set up a script to check for cert renewal every 15 days :rolleyes:

Here is the first link that popped up in my history for mobile.twitter.com and it feels very thread appropriate.

https://mobile.twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1549888768500449280

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

There's a list of Nitter mirrors at https://github.com/zedeus/nitter/wiki/Instances. Lots and lots and lots of them, which is handy if one gets rate limited.

By the way, you can also get an RSS feed for a user account via Nitter. Extremely helpful if you don't want a Twitter account but want to follow people.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Wait for it. 🤣

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Inceltown posted:

Here is the first link that popped up in my history for mobile.twitter.com and it feels very thread appropriate.

https://mobile.twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1549888768500449280

I seriously don't understand the mechanics of this? Why didn't he automatically win the auction because his offer was higher, so he would only owe whatever the transaction fees were?

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Skwirl posted:

I seriously don't understand the mechanics of this? Why didn't he automatically win the auction because his offer was higher, so he would only owe whatever the transaction fees were?

I'm guessing you can put a standing offer on something, that will be valid even if it's passed between different owners. Once any owner accepts your offer, the transaction irreversibly autocompletes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

evobatman posted:

I'm guessing you can put a standing offer on something, that will be valid even if it's passed between different owners. Once any owner accepts your offer, the transaction irreversibly autocompletes.

That seems really dumb if someone else can buy it for less than your standing offer.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Skwirl posted:

I’m going off like decade‐old Bitcoin mock thread knowledge here, but I think the way it works is that it’s not an auction. They are each separate conditional transactions that advertized to the network and allowed to go through if the terms are met.

So he offered 100 ETX for a domain that he himself owned. He took no action to transfer the domain to himself.

The other guy offers 1.9 ETX. Our idiot does take action on this offer. The network processes this transaction because there’s a cryptographically signed offer to exchange <domain> for ETH, and the buyer’s entries in the ledger contain sufficient funds to cover it.

Our idiot continued to advertize his original offer of 100 ETH for the domain to the network, and it’s still a valid, signed offer, so when the other guy takes action on it, the network dutifully makes the exchange.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Platystemon posted:

I’m going off like decade‐old Bitcoin mock thread knowledge here, but I think the way it works is that it’s not an auction. They are each separate conditional transactions that advertized to the network and allowed to go through if the terms are met.

So he offered 100 ETX for a domain that he himself owned. He took no action to transfer the domain to himself.

The other guy offers 1.9 ETX. Our idiot does take action on this offer. The network processes this transaction because there’s a cryptographically signed offer to exchange <domain> for ETH, and the buyer’s entries in the ledger contain sufficient funds to cover it.

Our idiot continued to advertize his original offer of 100 ETH for the domain to the network, and it’s still a valid, signed offer, so when the other guy takes action on it, the network dutifully makes the exchange.

Every time I couldn't think crypto couldn't be dumber I'm proven wrong.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Lysandus posted:

Can someone repost that tamper monkey script that auto shows the controls on videos?
You can also use the Open With add-on (and its companion python script) to open videos in a proper video player like mpv.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The best part is at the end, where he refunds the guy's purchase in hopes the guy will have a change of heart and also refund him for 50x as much. Bringing his losses to a round 100 eth instead of just 98.1

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
I know theyve been posted before but I can't get enough of Rufford Ford and people drowning their cars

Featured in this video is the large bumper and numberplate collection from cars that speed through and leave something of themselves behind in the ford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dTPKEhOrY

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Lmao poor kid

https://twitter.com/BornAKang/status/1586783158397243392

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://twitter.com/POLITlCSUK/status/1587051561699655681

Immediately gunning for Truss's any% run title

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Splicer posted:

https://twitter.com/POLITlCSUK/status/1587051561699655681

Immediately gunning for Truss's any% run title
smh can't let women have anything

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Did he even manage to do something yet?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

By popular demand posted:

on track to be shortest serving PM is quite an accomplishment, given the recent stiff competition

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
What the gently caress do they want, give Boris Johnson another go?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

davidspackage posted:

What the gently caress do they want, give Boris Johnson another go?

They just don't want an actual election to happen.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Parents immediately call him a buttplug before he starts swearing. Good household, I'm sure that kid will grow up and be able to handle stress.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
It feels like a gag, with the Cartman level of swearing. At least, I hope it is...

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Did Sunak get a fresh lettuce or is the first one still in the race?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm sure they didn't even have the time to debate if doing the same joke again would work.
We're having a premature election here tomorrow and I sure hope we don't get into whatever rinse cycle the UK is going through.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

By popular demand posted:

iirc he gutted trans rights

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ekuNNN posted:

Bolsonaro lost the election, and the fascists are taking it well :toot:
https://twitter.com/davidrkadler/status/1586862091461443589

lmao Bolsonaro's wife unfollowed him on instagram immediately after his loss
https://twitter.com/submedia/status/1587128383963545601

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
lol the UK has had 5 PMs in the past 6 years.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pennywise the Frown posted:

lol the UK has had 5 PMs in the past 6 years.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ekuNNN posted:

lmao Bolsonaro's wife unfollowed him on instagram immediately after his loss
https://twitter.com/submedia/status/1587128383963545601

LOL eat poo poo fascists.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

What is that supposed to look like>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Skwirl posted:

What is that supposed to look like>

Guff from Fortnite.

Re: Sunak there's no way they're going to let it be a thing. This is just a few backbenchers spitting their dummies out and ledging letters with 1922C "to be revoked in the future" as an attempt at leverage.

Now if you were talking about BRAVERMAN... Well, Braverman is probably hosed.