Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

NTRabbit posted:

They're also using the opportunity to push finalising the rules back; everyone gets a PDF in wave 1, and then they have extra time to make sure it isn't hosed up, and avoid all the publishing mistakes that drive Leperflesh crazy.

e: Wait no, they didn't say that, but everyone in the comments is imploring them to do it

Hahaha if you believe this will happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

There's always hope :negative:

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
I got an Abyssal Dwarf megaforce and when I realized a lot of the models were just regular dwarf models and I was supposed to glue some poorly-cast toppers onto their helmets to make them look like the old Chaos Dwarves and it was just bush league as gently caress. That's my post about Mantic models, thanks for reading everyone.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

fnordcircle posted:

I got an Abyssal Dwarf megaforce and when I realized a lot of the models were just regular dwarf models and I was supposed to glue some poorly-cast toppers onto their helmets to make them look like the old Chaos Dwarves and it was just bush league as gently caress. That's my post about Mantic models, thanks for reading everyone.

Yeah I'd be disappointed if that had happened to me, I think that's why they're redoing the Twilight Kin, because the poorly cast toppers had an even worse fit.

Those new Dusty Mans look pretty cool though.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
My Forest Shamblers are loving gorgeous.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So I emailed Mantic two weeks ago to ask if I could swap one of my Enforcer battlegroups to a FF battlegroup, since I have many enforcers already, and the reply was "the pledge manager is closed".

You guys think I'd have any more luck giving it another try now that it is re-opening? Or is this kind of a lost cause?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is anybody looking forward to the upcoming Dread Ball Kickstarter?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Spiderdrake posted:

So I emailed Mantic two weeks ago to ask if I could swap one of my Enforcer battlegroups to a FF battlegroup, since I have many enforcers already, and the reply was "the pledge manager is closed".

You guys think I'd have any more luck giving it another try now that it is re-opening? Or is this kind of a lost cause?

I'd definitely try again, you've got nothing to lose after all

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

fnordcircle posted:

Yeah, there's a reason they discontinued the old AD basic troops and the entire TK range. They were poo poo. Difference is the dwarfs were popular despite being poo poo, so they got new sculpts, and the Twilight Kin were both poo poo and unpopular, so they got shelved for a complete redesign.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

boom boom boom posted:

I wish I had reason. I have all of Xtreme and I haven't been able to get a single loving game.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

boom boom boom posted:

I'm looking forward to DreadBall getting an update.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I have a Z'zor team I've used once.

Anyone want a Z'zor team?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I got some Corp Dudes. I used them twice! :smith:

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Guild Ball really hosed Dreadball hard

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Good news! Pretty soon it'll be fairly cheap exchange rate-wise to order Mantic figures from the UK! Make sure to grab that free shipping.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

signalnoise posted:

Its a better game IMO, so I think I'm ok with that?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Good news! Pretty soon it'll be fairly cheap exchange rate-wise to order Mantic figures from the UK! Make sure to grab that free shipping.

Why, did something happen?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Its a better game IMO, so I think I'm ok with that?

Just sucks for me

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

signalnoise posted:

Just sucks for me

I feel ya. It really sucks to buy into something then suddenly it gets dropped like a stone by your FLGS.

WHFB "Revival" (half finished H.Elf army)
Dreadball (Corp)
Deadzone (starter box)
"Oh yeah guys let's totally start playing Blood Bowl again" (Orcs)
Infinity (Haqqislam starter + several extra minis)

And people at the FLGS wondered why I stopped playing games/coming for a while. Gets tiring dropping $100+ on minis only for everyone to suddenly move onto the next shiny thing. The only thing that has staying power here is Warmahordes, and I just can't get into that game.

Hell, the Guild Ball league here has dropped two players (out of ten) after a month and a half. Those two were for Life reasons, AFAIK, but it still has me worried about it happening all over again.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Captain Invictus posted:

Why, did something happen?

The UK voted to leave the EU.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Cheap warhams but gfc v2.0

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I was kinda disappointed in the UK at first, but then I realized these are the same assholes who gave us Age of Sigmar, so yeah we should have seen this coming.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MasterSlowPoke posted:

The UK voted to leave the EU.
Wow when did that happen, yesterday? I was under the weather so I wound up sleeping longer than normal then went straight to work.

Wonder why they decided to do that.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

Wonder why they decided to do that.
Old people being racist. Surveys showed a sharp incline in "leave" as the age of those surveyed went up.

Pound at a 31 year low. There was a tag in the one article about 'old people voting for a future the young don't want to live into'. Hopefully not a preview of November.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

signalnoise posted:

You can bring DreadBall with you to board game meetups, at least, where Guild Ball would be a tougher sell. That's how I got into contact with the game at least. I don't even own DreadBall myself, if there's a way to pick up a couple of teams and two boards during the Kickstarter to allow playing something like a 4 player mini-league over the course of half a day I'll probably get that.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

https://www.facebook.com/GMMStudios/photos/?tab=album&album_id=540077732851603

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh man. Almost all of those look super good.

The not-Ushabti give me a very golem-esque vibe which is really fitting for them, I love it

The rank-and-file foot soldiers and bowmen look great too!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The proportions on those archers especially look awful.

Nice striking blues, though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Your proportions look awful

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The studio scheme is doing nothing for me, but those figures look great.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

moths posted:

The studio scheme is doing nothing for me, but those figures look great.

Mantic's official color schemes are often terrible, I'm not sure what the problem is.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

:agreed:

Their other undead scheme is hideous and somehow manages to make what's probably their best overall line look like like hot puke.

I get that they wanted a purple-based look, but that doesn't mean dress your skeletons in fire-engine red and royal blue ffs.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

That lapis lazuli and white gold look is what ancient Egyptian artifacts look like, in every book on the topic I ever read in primary and high school.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jun 24, 2016

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Spiderdrake posted:

Old people being racist. Surveys showed a sharp incline in "leave" as the age of those surveyed went up.

Pound at a 31 year low. There was a tag in the one article about 'old people voting for a future the young don't want to live into'. Hopefully not a preview of November.

It wont stick, Brexit was pretty far behind staying but the weather was terrible yesterday. Statistically, when weather is bad, the campaign that is ahead in polls suffers since everyone figures "we're already winning, why bother going out in this?"

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
The UK debate was fought over immigration and the economy. The Euro zone has had its economic issues and it has all been tied up with the freedom of movement immigration debate and our right to set our own laws rather than have them made in Brussels by unelected EU ministers.

All in all I'm disappointed in my country today and saddened that it has come to this.

But to get us back on track, the pound is weakened so you bloody foreigners can hope to grab some cheap Mantic minis or something.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The colour scheme is good. You people have awful taste.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ugleb posted:

But to get us back on track, the pound is weakened so you bloody foreigners can hope to grab some cheap Mantic minis or something.

It's a long con to get the world buying British again.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

sassassin posted:

The colour scheme is good. You people have awful taste.
gently caress off you obnoxious poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Random thought:

Most of the people I know who try Kings of War like it but the few that don't find it too bland. These are people who generally don't prioritize balance and prefer some of the zaniness from GW games. I see the same sentiment from some of these people online as well, that KoW is too streamlined or whatever.

What is Mantic's disposition towards fan supplements? Mostly I'm thinking about some sort of fan-made characters, abilities and artifacts tailored towards the 'It's not zany enough' crowd.