Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
You could also try buying one of those Bluetooth receivers that turn your regular headphones into wireless ones. I have the Mi Receiver and it gives 4.5 hours of playback at full volume. Twenty bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
If I was going that route, what are some good earbuds to buy? My Shure E2Cs died recently after about ten years and everything I look at I see people complaining about them not lasting so I'm reluctant to spend another $200 or something unless I know they'd last me several years. I dunno whether that's to do with counterfeiting on Amazon but I presume so.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Kerro posted:

If I was going that route, what are some good earbuds to buy? My Shure E2Cs died recently after about ten years and everything I look at I see people complaining about them not lasting so I'm reluctant to spend another $200 or something unless I know they'd last me several years. I dunno whether that's to do with counterfeiting on Amazon but I presume so.

I had a similar experience: my EC2s lasted for years, then when they died I bought another pair that lasted a little over a year. Since then I've worked my way down in cost until I'm just buying budget earbuds. They all seem to last the same length of time.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

If an aliexpress earbud had enough battery life to be worth the buy, i wouldn't put it in my ear on general principle

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

BoldFace posted:

You could also try buying one of those Bluetooth receivers that turn your regular headphones into wireless ones. I have the Mi Receiver and it gives 4.5 hours of playback at full volume. Twenty bucks.

Why not just plug them into the phone at that point?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..

Former DILF posted:

If an aliexpress earbud had enough battery life to be worth the buy, i wouldn't put it in my ear on general principle

I am quite comfortable putting any/everything into my ears.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Deadlifts snag cables.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Because when I go for a jog, the cable keeps getting in the way of my arms and the up and down motion keeps yanking them out of my ears.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Shopping for some fluffy rugs and I’m loving how every single listing has at least one bad review along the lines of ‘smaller than expected’, with a picture of a dollhouse sized rug. I actually feel a little bit sorry for the sellers who have to deal with people who can’t use a measuring tape.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Meizu EP-51 are great headphones. I've had mine for a year, and use them every day on the bus for podcasts. Good sound quality for music too, but not audiophile.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Kerro posted:

I am quite comfortable putting any/everything into my ears.

Deadlifts snag cables.

have you considered implants?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

BoldFace posted:

Because when I go for a jog, the cable keeps getting in the way of my arms and the up and down motion keeps yanking them out of my ears.

Pro tip. Run the cable under your shirt.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pro tip buy AirPods

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pro tip: stay home with your desktop PC.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

The real pro tip is to get some of these:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Nah, it’s this

eSporks posted:

Pro tip. Run the cable under your shirt.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Doesn't really help for deadlifts, but it does stop you from karate chopping a cord while running.

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION

Sinding Johansson posted:

So I bought a phone case on amazon and I received a convincing but low quality counterfeit. The case was 'shipped from and sold by amazon' and had I not already purchased the same case previously, I would never have known better. Funnily enough, the same counterfeit is available on aliexpress for $3, or about 5% of the amazon price. gently caress amazon, its either ali or brick and mortar for me from now on. It's all the same stuff these days, ali has better prices and better customer service.

So Best Buy was selling counterfeit cases too lol but they were mixed in with a few genuine ones.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Sagebrush posted:

did you seriously buy a $60 phone case

I did when I bought a leather case from Apple, they're actually very sturdy

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Leather cases from AliExpress are $25? For an exact copy of the apple one

e: mine was $24.13 Canadian

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Yeah but that's gonna be either bonded or pvc like the cheap one I have

Real rear end leather with good stitching probably shouldn't be 60 but I could see it being pretty high up there reasonably

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

its made from genuine leather, a single piece that's been pressed and molded into the shape its in. it protects way better than I ever thought it would

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

I dunno pals im pretty sure this is real and a single piece

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

How thick is the actual leather though. The one i used on my last phone was like a couple microns of leather and cardboard inside. It wasn't even brown it was a random scrap from a box with printing on it like someone followed directions for a phone case they saw on Pinterest

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Hooray! I recieved my 78 cent dinosaur cable holder.

He's very cute. Also cheaper than the others for some reason.I'm pretty sure this would work just fine for mini USB, as well.

I have 3 orders that, according to the tracking site, arrived in the US at the beginning of last month. Just sitting there. Somewhere. I harassed support about it, hoping they would be able to get in touch with somebody who could get in touch with the warehouse. The support person just asked that I be patient. I've ordered from that particular store several times in the past with no problem, so I'm guessing I will receive it someday.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

I received the Wiha/Xiaomi 24bit Screwdriver kit after a month or so for ~18 bucks with free shipping.

Got mine from Banggood, slow shipping but everything as expected.

If you need one of those kits they live up to expectations, very cool.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

It’s heavy and thick like my pussey

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

heeheex2 posted:

It’s heavy and thick like my pussey

And just as leathery.

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SeXReX posted:

How thick is the actual leather though. The one i used on my last phone was like a couple microns of leather and cardboard inside. It wasn't even brown it was a random scrap from a box with printing on it like someone followed directions for a phone case they saw on Pinterest

Thanks for buying my phone case :)

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Bored posted:

I harassed support about it, hoping they would be able to get in touch with somebody who could get in touch with the warehouse. The support person just asked that I be patient.

Ha, like anyone cares or tracks anything once they shut the container door.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

These showed up in an Amazon ad on Facebook for me, and naturally Ali has them cheaper.

Four seasons salt and pepper etc shakers

They seem pretty clever and adorable for moms, sisters, gfs, random office gift things, etc.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crusty Nutsack fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 15, 2018

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Adorable lead shakers.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I have also purchased some leather items off of Aliexpress, and all of them have been real and of good quality. The trick is to look for a reasonable price point; real leather can only be made so cheap. Then look for user reviews with appropriate photos. I got a wallet for around $30 I expect would be in the $90 range elsewhere, that's the sort of thing that's a stronger indicator than 60 cents or whatever

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

It’s not genuine Apple though

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Crusty Nutsack posted:

These showed up in an Amazon ad on Facebook for me, and naturally Ali has them cheaper.

Four seasons salt and pepper etc shakers

They seem pretty clever and adorable for moms, sisters, gfs, random office gift things, etc.

I used to have salt and pepper bear snowglobes. I periodically check Ali to see if they have them, but they don't, as far as I can tell.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I know the actual boring reason is customs nonsense but I love the implication that 17track gives with timestamps on updates that your stuff is rapidly going back and forth between the us and China

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

my dude what are u wearing!?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fei...2838844849.html

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Fleece thermals.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/jenzhuscott/status/1041195264491413504

RIP someone's Ali purchases from this thread

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Have you ever wished that your dick looked more festive? Ali has you covered.

http://s.aliexpress.com/Y7Vf2YRF

Better hurry up and buy these dickorations. This flash deal is ending soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

:thunk:

WEST BIKING 4 Colors 1 Pair Mountain Bike/Bicycle Grips Rubber Bicycle Ergonomic Handlebars Grips Bike Accessories Cycling Grip