Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Sioux posted:

Why do all Fortnite streamers yell "Let's go!" after each kill? It's so annoying. Is it a PUBG thing?

It's hard to pleasantly rotate between exclamations of jubilation, I guess? Like there's really only so many things you can shout after a good kill or win, 'Let's go!' seems to just be at the top of everyone's mind after a clutch. Pretty sure only one of the people I play with streams but we all pretty much go "wooo" or "let's go" after a win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Meteors own because they can't hurt you. Another loss for PUBG red zones.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Sioux posted:

Why do all Fortnite streamers yell "Let's go!" after each kill?

because

Sioux posted:

It's so annoying.

i think thats just how being a streamer works

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Sioux posted:

Why do all Fortnite streamers yell "Let's go!" after each kill? It's so annoying. Is it a PUBG thing?

I scream "aaauuuuggghhh cheap rear end glitch shotguns. Cheaters!"

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Probably because Ninja does, and he's the closest streaming has come to a mainstream celebrity so far

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
What are the chances we will be able to log in and play tomorrow without the servers making GBS threads the bed?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

its because that's what Captain Teneal of the game show "MXC" says as he sends dozens of contestants to their unfortunate fates of eating poo poo, much like FortniteBR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJLJ_ITwYsQ

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
So I'm kinda dipping my toes into this game, but it seems to not like solo players very much. As in, full teams get put in the same games as all the solo guys. Am I correct in thinking this or are people actually forming impromptu alliances?

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

FauxLeather posted:

Rest in pieces if ever you see the skin that looks like a lovely mspaint fill-bucket zombie recolour

Marine Corpse Ramirez owns and I'll hear nothing to the contrary.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Thoughtless posted:

So I'm kinda dipping my toes into this game, but it seems to not like solo players very much. As in, full teams get put in the same games as all the solo guys. Am I correct in thinking this or are people actually forming impromptu alliances?

That should only happen if you are playing solo in squads otherwise you're running into cheaters or are just getting unlucky and you are getting teamed up on because you are in the middle of multiple other solos.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Sioux posted:

It's a competitive esports thing. All the faze and montage cod youtubers back in the day did the same thing. It is super annoying, and I say it all the time. Originally, mockingly... But now I've lost control

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Thoughtless posted:

Through a few hundred solo rounds, I’ve never run into anyone teaming in solos. There are plenty of fights involving multiple people, but as soon as more than three people are fighting, it’s generally smart to find a way to hide/escape til some of the confusion dies down. Aka, there’s only one or two people left in the fight and is now a good time to rejoin the fight.

Too many times I’ll die in a multi person solo-queue fight because I kill one person, which gives a second person a chance to kill me before I can change my aim to them.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Hey kids! Trying to do a last minute scramble on Battle Tiers. Anyone on PS4 free around now-ish to play one match with me "as a friend". For 5 stars?

[edit] ILL_MITCH on PS4

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I just started playing and it was defaulting to Squads for some reason. I played 3 games and immediately was swamped before I realized I wasn’t in solos.

As for my biggest difficulty, building, is it just a matter of comfort or should I bind everything to my mouse?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I just started playing and it was defaulting to Squads for some reason. I played 3 games and immediately was swamped before I realized I wasn’t in solos.

As for my biggest difficulty, building, is it just a matter of comfort or should I bind everything to my mouse?

Matter of comfort. Most people rebind to the keys around WASD such as Q, E, Z, X, and C with maybe a couple on the mouse if you’re comfortable with that.

At this point, most players are comfortable with the basics of building and strategies with building, so you’ll have some catching up to do. Two easiest things to learn are quickly building a 1 x 1 and always building ramps when starting engagements to get height advantage and cover.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

:toot:

Mr Hootington posted:

Are you on ps4?

PC usually but I play on PS4 now and then.

Kiranamos posted:

Meteors own because they can't hurt you.

Not directly but they'll happily :killdozer: your tower if it's in their way.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
When is this update going down?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

What happens if you don't finish all the tiers in the current pass and buy into season 4? Are all those rewards just gone and you start fresh?

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

santanotreal posted:

Through a few hundred solo rounds, I’ve never run into anyone teaming in solos. There are plenty of fights involving multiple people, but as soon as more than three people are fighting, it’s generally smart to find a way to hide/escape til some of the confusion dies down. Aka, there’s only one or two people left in the fight and is now a good time to rejoin the fight.

I've played like maybe 20 rounds, all solo, and I ran into a pair of teamers yesterday. I reported their asses and hopefully they're both dead irl now.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Housh posted:

What happens if you don't finish all the tiers in the current pass and buy into season 4? Are all those rewards just gone and you start fresh?

Yeah, new season is a new beginning and the only thing that should transfer is the rewards you earned from challenges and battle pass tiers.

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007

Housh posted:

You'll keep everything you've unlocked so far, but once season 4 drops in the morning you'll no longer have access to the rest of the season 3 rewards and challenges even if you hold off on buying the season 4 battlepass. There are about 12 hours left to finish challenges and unlock any more season 3 cosmetic stuff.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Evil Fluffy posted:

:toot:

PC usually but I play on PS4 now and then.

Not directly but they'll happily :killdozer: your tower if it's in their way.

Excellent i dont have to offer to help get the squads challenge with my secret technique

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

A Man and his dog posted:

When is this update going down?

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/991013165885509633

4am est. the usual tuesday and thrusday reset time

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

AAB posted:

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/991013165885509633

4am est. the usual tuesday and thrusday reset time

:pray: here's to hoping everything will be smooth as butta when I hop on around noon tomorrow!

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I’m excited! My first full season with fortnite. I starred in week 4 of this season.

My goal is to get my first solo win in s4.

I’ve already had noticeable improvement! I get a kill in more games than not now. Getting more than one isn’t uncommon either. I think I can do it!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I’m excited! My first full season with fortnite. I starred in week 4 of this season.

My goal is to get my first solo win in s4.

I’ve already had noticeable improvement! I get a kill in more games than not now. Getting more than one isn’t uncommon either. I think I can do it!

Yeahhhhhh I'm gonna aim for this too! I need that solo-win notch on my bedpost :argh:

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
The beginning of a new season usually means tons of out-of-practice or completely new players - best time possible to aim for some solo W's.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Pretty sure I just won a match because a meteor took out the building the other guy was hiding in.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Got trolled for the first time in 50v50 by some oval office editing stairs out from under me while I was about to launch pad. The gently caress is wrong with people?

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Teammates throwing pulse grenades at you when you're perched on the top of a cliff really bites.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Sioux posted:

Have you never cheered a form of "Let's go!" at a sporting event? Same kind of cheer applies to any competitive scenario.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Johnny Truant posted:

Got trolled for the first time in 50v50 by some oval office editing stairs out from under me while I was about to launch pad. The gently caress is wrong with people?

That sort of thing happened to me a few times. I put some stairs down and dug out a ceiling only to have some jackass edit the stairs so I would fall and he could get to the chest I was after first.
I just played a bunch today and didn't run into griefers though. It must go in cycles.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

teagone posted:

Have you never cheered a form of "Let's go!" at a sporting event? Same kind of cheer applies to any competitive scenario.

The something awful .com forums

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Kiranamos posted:

The something awful .com forums

Sometimes I forget where I am.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sioux posted:

Being an annoying piece of poo poo is one of the requirements to become a video game streamer. HTH

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

HOLY PATCH NOTES

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/991260652424613888?s=19

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

That dinousar reference :laffo:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
YES!

It took a few tries but I finally got the update going!

10 GB what the gently caress.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Updating Fortnite on all my platforms. Let’s Go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

A Man and his dog posted:

10 GB what the gently caress.

they revamped the whole fuckin map and added a dickload of cosmetics. there's more changed than a crash site. take some good looks around