Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
The Whopper I ate last week had some very out of season tomatoes, hard and green on the inside. The biggest problem with the Whopper is there are just too many cold ingredients. There's no way it needs two entire slices of tomato

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Dokapon Findom posted:

The Whopper I ate last week had some very out of season tomatoes, hard and green on the inside. The biggest problem with the Whopper is there are just too many cold ingredients. There's no way it needs two entire slices of tomato

I always ask for extra tomatoes for every burg or sandwich I get (where appropriate), except for the Whopper.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The whopper both benefits from tomatoes and also isn't hamstrung without them

----------------

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Dokapon Findom posted:

Yes, I agree, the toppings:patty ratio is all out of wack. Fortunately the double whopper rectifies this issue.

----------------

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The problem with the double whopper is the fact the bottom bun becomes basically a grease laden bomb of doughy shame that is not up to the task.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Then take it off?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Then take it off?

Fool, it's shame all the way down!!

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Then take it off?

Sorry I don't have an extra bun or lettuce wrap in my back pocket as I'm driving 85mph down the highway.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

It just becomes an open faced sandwich

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Buy one double whopper.
Ask for just an extra bun.

Turn it into 2 whoppers

----------------

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Colostomy Bag posted:

The problem with the double whopper is the fact the bottom bun becomes basically a grease laden bomb of doughy shame that is not up to the task.

i don't really recall my double whopper bottom buns succumbing to the grease like this. maybe your local bk is extra greasy? or maybe i am inured to the grease, myself an avatar of doughy shame

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Sposed to eat it upside down so the big bun can absorb it dummy

----------------

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Gonna need a wikihow on this issue

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Cut it into 4 sections and it’s like you have 4 burgers

----------------

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

You've got the whopper, the double whopper, the whopper Jr. but what about the whopper senior? is that the double whopper or just a whopper that has been sitting out for too long? something else?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The spicy snack wrap sucks absolute rear end. Bad sauce, bad chicken. I want a spicy chicken go wrap dammit.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I havent tried it yet but agreed bring back side chicken wraps as a thing at fast food places

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm glad wraps are coming back at places but I don't think McDonalds is bringing theirs back and it was just the king snake in the game (unless you count popeyes hidden menu, which, I do)

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Wrap with shredded cheese > no wrap at all > wrap with a lazy rear end half slice of cheese

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Rick posted:

I'm glad wraps are coming back at places but I don't think McDonalds is bringing theirs back and it was just the king snake in the game (unless you count popeyes hidden menu, which, I do)
They claim to be bringing it back (by the end of 2025).

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The best wrap was KFC's original Twister wrap, it was so beyond everything. It was huge and the sauce they used was great. They recently brought back wraps that are super tiny, don't taste good, and not really worth the price.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Urdnot Fire posted:

Oh hell yeah.

Philthy posted:

The best wrap was KFC's original Twister wrap, it was so beyond everything. It was huge and the sauce they used was great. They recently brought back wraps that are super tiny, don't taste good, and not really worth the price.

The menu art for them makes them look super unappetizing even though I find it hard to imagine mac and cheese mixed with chicken being bad.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Urdnot Fire posted:

hell yes!!!!!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
your turn Wendy's. your loving move. God drat you and your dog poo poo grilled wrap entree. Dave Thomas rolls in his Ohio grave

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Rick posted:

Oh hell yeah.

The menu art for them makes them look super unappetizing even though I find it hard to imagine mac and cheese mixed with chicken being bad.

I think those are the new ones. The original was just a lot of breaded chicken, lettuce, diced tomato, and twister sauce - which was like a creamy vinaigrette if I remember correctly. They had the combo back then so it came with the huge rear end spiced wedge fries. I'd usually stick a few in the wrap. poo poo was gooood.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Philthy posted:

Philthy posted:

I think those are the new ones. The original was just a lot of breaded chicken, lettuce, diced tomato, and twister sauce - which was like a creamy vinaigrette if I remember correctly. They had the combo back then so it came with the huge rear end spiced wedge fries. I'd usually stick a few in the wrap. poo poo was gooood.

The oldest KFC twisters I can remember were from briefly working there and making them myself a long time ago and it was about 3 not-that-huge chicken tenders, lettuce, in a medium sized tortilla, maybe some tomato. The twister sauce was more of a zesty ranch type thing or thousand island-ish, maybe a runny pepper mayo, but not vinaigrette. I remember them being good, and a go-to "I'm gonna make myself something quick" item because everything was already ready almost always. Overall I wouldn't call them huge or tiny, sort of medium, but I guess an ok size for a wrap.

Maybe the one you are talking about came even before that, or was different regionally because it doesn't sound the same. There was no mac & cheese in them like Rick mentioned, so the version I'm remembering came before that and wasn't those for sure which sound like smaller snacks.

I haven't had the current BK wraps but the consensus here seems to be they are bad.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

your turn Wendy's. your loving move. God drat you and your dog poo poo grilled wrap entree. Dave Thomas rolls in his Ohio grave

I welcome the wrap wars, successor of the chicken sandwich wars.

Let's get just crazy with it, too. Del Taco vs Little Caesars vs Burger King vs Popeyes, with fuckin "Jimmy John's off the top rope" kind of wild.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Del Taco will do it too, they just had a *ramen* LTO

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Twenty Four posted:

You've got the whopper, the double whopper, the whopper Jr. but what about the whopper senior? is that the double whopper or just a whopper that has been sitting out for too long? something else?

could probably market it as an "old-fashioned" whopper. anyone else remember when burger king used to put mustard on their burgers? pretty sure i remember bk burgers having mustard when i was a kid

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Twenty Four posted:

You got the A, B, C the D. That's the biggest.

----------------

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

could probably market it as an "old-fashioned" whopper. anyone else remember when burger king used to put mustard on their burgers? pretty sure i remember bk burgers having mustard when i was a kid

Noper

----------------

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

If you're ordering with the app you can add mustard, so they have it and you can ask

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Special orders don't upset them

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I've had it before, doesn't belong imo. Not the flavour profile.

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Cross-Section posted:

Del Taco will do it too, they just had a *ramen* LTO

Del Taco actually has basically that on their menu already, the crispy chicken soft tacos. it's the exact same thing just wrapped slightly different

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

They still do if you get a cheeseburger/double cheeseburger type sandwich. Nothing Whopper branded ever came with mustard.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Q_res posted:

They still do if you get a cheeseburger/double cheeseburger type sandwich. Nothing Whopper branded ever came with mustard.

Yeah, it's that, and it's overpowering. Like I'll drown a hot dog in deli mustard or whatever (I love mustard on a hot dog, not so much on a burger, I can't explain why), but the BK cheeseburger or double or whatever just tastes overwhelmingly like yellow mustard if you don't ask them to hold it. You don't get mustard on a whopper typically, I guess you could ask for it, but I wouldn't.

Probably just a case of you getting regular or double cheeseburgers as a kid and getting whoppers now.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I get light mustard and enjoy it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

pointlessone posted:

I welcome the wrap wars, successor of the chicken sandwich wars.

Let's get just crazy with it, too. Del Taco vs Little Caesars vs Burger King vs Popeyes, with fuckin "Jimmy John's off the top rope" kind of wild.

I mean they have all kinds of chicken wraps at Del Taco already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Twenty Four posted:

You don't get mustard on a whopper typically, I guess you could ask for it, but I wouldn't.

I have on occasion gotten a Whopper, no mayo add mustard. It's a nice change of pace, but it works best on a Double.