Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

i'm thinking about getting some burger king today - i have no idea what its quality is in the states, but here in cold finland, the local burger king is decent. they introduced some pretty decent special fries last year at some point, just these well made fries sprinkled with bacon, onion and a cheesy sauce. its pretty good. i'm thinking of getting them and some small burger. bigger burgers with them are way too much food. plus, kinda expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
load up on the dollar menu !! 5 burgs >>>>> 1

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
i sort of liked their terrible hot dogs :shrug: do they still have those in the us?

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

i regret to inform you i don't think the finnish burger king has a dollar menu. or euro menu for that matter. the local macdonalds has though, but this is the burger king thread

it might just be so because it feels like the local burger king is trying to compete with the local macdonalds by presenting itself as having more quality products.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
onion rings and the zesty sauce

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

burger chocolate shakes got just the right blend of cheap chocolate to be amazing.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

the burger king in my town had an interior fire like 8 months ago and it still hasn't reopened

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
burger king is my favorite for both fries and burgs, though I couldn't specify why. whopper w/ cheese large fry reigns supreme

also back around 2000 they gave out sick pokeball toys

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

they had some weird extremely cheesy (literally, it had like three different sort of melted cheese in it) limited edition burgers in burger king today. i think they called it fondue burger for some reason - anyway, it was pretty good. a bit too big of a burger to have with the deluxe fries tho, i was so drat full after eating 'em both. surprisingly clean to eat for a burger filled with melty cheese, especially as a beardhaver

also got some coupons for some very cheap burgers

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I used to think that the Whopper was nature's perfect food, but I suspect they reduced the quality of the beef at some point in the last couple decades.

Now the Whoppers are better if you but some bbq sauce on them.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I tried the non-meat whopper now its in local restaurants and it's pretty good honestly!

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

I CANT RESIST SHITTING UP THE BIG BOOBS THREAD WITH MY RANDOM FUCKING MONKEY CHEESE BULLSHIT! IF YOU SEE ME, FUCK ME UP.
I was just shown an incredible ad of a preservative free whopper ageing over 34 days and The King has never looked so decadent

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

i like chicken fries

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

very nice i like posted:

I was just shown an incredible ad of a preservative free whopper ageing over 34 days and The King has never looked so decadent

sounds cool link

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
In a bit of hung over drunkeness, I went to Burger King yesterday and ordered 4 triple whoppers with cheese and bacon. I also ordered 10 chicken nugs as well since they were a bunch something. It ended up costing me almost $40, but I wanted to stress eat myself out much more slowly than over indulgence in vodka.

Holy Hell. I had the nugs and one of the whoppers yesterday, and I had a second one today for lunch. I just... can't eat anymore. It's like a one burg a day kinda eating plan. At 1,250 calories each, I wonder how long I can live just eating these things and a multi-vitamin. (probably not long).

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

UltraRed posted:

At 1,250 calories each, I wonder how long I can live just eating these things and a multi-vitamin. (probably not long).

Honestly a burger with all the fixings is pretty much a balanced meal albeit weighted a bit heavily toward protein. The problem with fast food is when you add the fries and drink to that you're over 2k calories for a single meal.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I have very specific memories of their old, good chicken tenders (and later crowns) from when I was a kid. now their chicken nuggets are horrible.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I envy your special fries, OP.

DessertStorm
Aug 9, 2013

Their fries remain top quality. Chicken fries have gotten worse over time but are still better than their terrible, terrible nugs.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DessertStorm posted:

Their fries remain top quality. Chicken fries have gotten worse over time but are still better than their terrible, terrible nugs.

The nugs were not top tier. Had I realized this (and not been totally hung over) I would have put some sauce on them and tossed them in the air fryer for a bit.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Best onion rings. They're always hot

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Pretty good posted:

Best onion rings. They're always hot

I went to my local BK a few weeks ago and they informed me that they no longer have zesty sauce in that restaurant. I have decided to *sever* in protest.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

drunkb posted:

I went to my local BK a few weeks ago and they informed me that they no longer have zesty sauce in that restaurant. I have decided to *sever* in protest.

I recently had this experience myself brother, it's an outrage.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

The 5 for $5 is a sweet deal for a small snack.

BromanderData
Mar 20, 2013

Stroke it with me

The Chosen One

DessertStorm posted:

Their fries remain top quality.

BKs current / normal fries are the saddest ones going in the fast food game right now to me.

I loved their satisfries though, since they don’t exist anymore I’m an onion ring man now.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

DessertStorm posted:

god, i remember seeing their nuggets advertised $1.50 for 10 and thinking i was finding one of fast food's best kept secret's or something. how very wrong i was... just absolute garbage. greasy but with terrible flavor. irredeemable even when slathered in sauce.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What's with all the people around here that can't even eat a full grown burger.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

GORDON posted:

I used to think that the Whopper was nature's perfect food, but I suspect they reduced the quality of the beef at some point in the last couple decades.

Now the Whoppers are better if you but some bbq sauce on them.

Yeah they definitely have gone down in quality.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The key to ordering a Whopper is tell them to hold the ketchup, IMO. It fucks it up cuz they always put way too much.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Do ice cream / icee machines take a long time to fix? Because one has been broken near me for a long time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

Do ice cream / icee machines take a long time to fix? Because one has been broken near me for a long time.

If it's night time when you want it they're broken because the employee doesn't want to make ice cream.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I go during the day...so it must always be broken. What the heck.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

drunkb posted:

what the gently caress that sauce is an icon

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I just saw a commercial all about how their nugs aren't actually poo poo

"I don't expect much when something comes in a bag like these but they're great!" lol

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i remember bk cheeseburgers being perfectly acceptable but the ones i had today were sub-rustlers. even had the same kind of weirdly moist bun

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I think people weirded out by the word moist are stupid but being weirded out by the idea of moist bread is just.

Wet bread is the work of the beast with the lone exception of really crusty french bread full of roast beef soaked full of au jus.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 19, 2020

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The Zesty sauce might never come back

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a29871061/burger-king-zesty-onion-sauce/

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I had BK today and got Onion Rings with my meal, they had Zesty sauce on hand. Guess I got lucky...

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

the article literally says they're just waiting on the April 2020 horseradish harvest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

If you order on the app you can get 2 free kids meals with the purchase of anything.

I'm going to weigh 1000 pounds.