Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

SecretOfSteel posted:

This has already been covered and the issue settled with a glowing endorsement from his significant other.

that headline combined with his attempt at a smile is loving hilarious to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I will never get over that the success of the UKs vaccination program was because Matt Hancock watched Contagion.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

birdstrike posted:

“talk to your GP” as if anyone under the age of 60 has a GP instead of whichever itinerants are at the medical centre that day

This always bugs me. More so in the UK where I was lucky to get a GP appointment at all within three weeks (and where you're forbidden from going anywhere other than your local GP that you are registered at), but even here, I don't think I've ever had a regular GP in my life.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5nJF5MDGJg

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

freebooter posted:

This always bugs me. More so in the UK where I was lucky to get a GP appointment at all within three weeks (and where you're forbidden from going anywhere other than your local GP that you are registered at), but even here, I don't think I've ever had a regular GP in my life.

Both times I went for covid tests, I got looked at as if they'd just realised I was driving a spaceship when I answered "no, I don't have a regular GP". I'm in my mid 30s.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Goongratulations to Brisbane for winning the hosting rights for the 2032 Olympic Games 🥇🥈🥉🤽🏻‍♂️🚣‍♀️🏊‍♂️🤾🏻‍♂️🤺⛹🏻‍♂️🤸🏻‍♂️🏋️‍♀️🏇🏼

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
Kinda feeling like the odd one out having a regular GP at my medical centre, but then again, permanent illness and all that crap.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
My regular GP is Dr First Available

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I’d like to book an appointment
Are you a current patient
No
Is it urgent
No
Too fucken bad

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I just this year found a GP that seems good as a regular, but I fully intend to keep going to the local bulk billing prescription mill when I need more symbicort or a medical certificate.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Wizard Master posted:

Goongratulations to Brisbane for winning the hosting rights for the 2032 Olympic Games 🥇🥈🥉🤽🏻‍♂️🚣‍♀️🏊‍♂️🤾🏻‍♂️🤺⛹🏻‍♂️🤸🏻‍♂️🏋️‍♀️🏇🏼

Yay we get to set fire to a giant pile of money

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Greg Scrunt?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

"I need sugar. In... water..."

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/PerthLive6PR/status/1417779281774538759

quote:

City of Mandurah councillor Ahmed Zilani has confirmed he will plan a hunger strike to get more police in Mandurah.

“Previously Mandurah residents did all they could to try and convince the State Government to allocate more officers to our city,” he said.

Councillor Zilani says he is calling on 100 volunteers to take part in the strike.

“Each volunteer will do six hours of hunger strike and it would be continuous for eight days with no food and no drink,” he said.

It’s not the first time Mr Zilani has been on a hunger strike.

In 2019, he went on a 12 hour hunger strike to pressure the government to build the soon to be built Lakelands train station.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

lol a 12 hour hunger strike

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

so no more cops and a councillor starves to death?

e:wait a relay hunger strike hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

spaceblancmange posted:

I will never get over that the success of the UKs vaccination program was because Matt Hancock watched Contagion.

Wait, what?! I'm going to have to look this up now.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

This is a brave stand. I regularly take a hunger strike every day because I don't like breakfast. Also when I sleep.

What is this weak sauce activism?

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

When they ask for your GP just list the clinic you go to the most frequently. If they want an actual name just give them one you can remember. All your poo poo is on file it’s no big deal, but ideally stick with the one clinic where possible if you want some continuity of care.

If it’s just for a med cert lol it doesn’t matter where you go.

I think this is what that my health record was sort of meant to address too? Idk enough about it though, outside of the initial privacy panic everyone had on here.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Another successful hunger strike pressuring anidav to mod myub. :c00l:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Next up a reverse hunger strike where I don't stop eating until either my demands or my tits and rear end cheeks are met.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
If I wanted more police I would simply stage a BLM protest in my town

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Eediot Jedi posted:

Another successful hunger strike pressuring anidav to mod myub. :c00l:

Unlike anidav I have never and will never be a cop

Vinz Clortho
Jul 19, 2004

Here, eat. Eat! I am going to hell, but not with your death on my soul!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Eediot Jedi posted:

Scott this is not what Dan meant when he said treat covid like a fire that's not out.

:yeshaha:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Eediot Jedi posted:

lol a 12 hour hunger strike

Can't even committ to the 48 hour famine mistah speakah.

I would call it gutless, but you know... like the opposite.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
great now I want some barley sugars

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

:same:

Circling back to regular dr chat, mine moved clinics three months ago and didn't tell me. Rude.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I hate the Liberals, but I'm still amazed that our SA Liberal government has effectively said gently caress off to the Morrison/Gladys strategy and openly talks about how it's better to lock down quickly and early to get on top of things and spend less time overall restricted.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Eediot Jedi posted:

:same:

Circling back to regular dr chat, mine moved clinics three months ago and didn't tell me. Rude.

At a lot of clinics the doctor wouldn't own the clientele, so informing you of their departure is probably a breach of their contract.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

norp posted:

At a lot of clinics the doctor wouldn't own the clientele, so informing you of their departure is probably a breach of their contract.

Nah this was a coven of Drs sharing some office space and a reception but otherwise separate entities. I did transfer with it's just no one told me until I rang the old reception. I get what you're saying though.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand
https://twitter.com/emlybkr/status/1418060288507584512

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Solemn Sloth posted:

Personally I’m going to go with the medical advice that AZ shouldn’t be taken for my age group unless I have heightened vulnerability or exposure to COVID, instead of the panicked policy on the run from the prime minister of sydney :shrug:

In my view the change in availability is a completely transparent attempt to shed blame.

Whenever under 60s get complications from AZ they’ll point to Hunt’s statement and said that we maintained Pfizer was the right vaccine for them, but those people made their own choice to get vaccinated with AZ, I don’t hold a syringe mate.

When the vaccine rollout continues at a glacial pace they’ll say “we’ve opened up AZ to whoever wants it, the stocks are there, but we’re not about to force people to be vaccinated. We’ve done all we can to provide the fastest rollout possible for Australia”

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Aenemus/status/1418063462756851717

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
That's some Trump level "Not my fault" right there.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Lots of reporting today about Scotty apologising for the slow vaccine rollout. Considering his reticence to admit any fault whatsoever I’d say the latest polls have them at least a bit rattled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Lots of reporting today about Scotty apologising for the slow vaccine rollout. Considering his reticence to admit any fault whatsoever I’d say the latest polls have them at least a bit rattled.

He let all the dripbrain idiots focus their anger more on not saying sorry than on the actual problem for a few days, so now he says the magic word it defuses a bunch of that.

Alternatively, Jenny yelled at him