Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

oh wait you had one made.

i need to try this

Yeah, I actually mixed it myself from a recipe. Going to try something similar tonight actually. Since I liked it so well and all.

But for reference it was Bouy Beer IPA with some scratch made sparkling lemonade I threw together from lemon la croix, simple syrup, and lemon juice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
link that recipe tia

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Literally A Person posted:

Yeah, I actually mixed it myself from a recipe. Going to try something similar tonight actually. Since I liked it so well and all.

But for reference it was Bouy Beer IPA with some scratch made sparkling lemonade I threw together from lemon la croix, simple syrup, and lemon juice.

Now try yourself a michelada :getin:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

link that recipe tia

So simple. 50/50 beer/sparkling lemonade

BANG

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

BANG

shut up putty

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Now try yourself a michelada :getin:

Is this the one with tomato juice? Because if it is I have been thinking about it just based on how much I liked the shandy.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

BANG

oh, thats easy. trying that today

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Is this the one with tomato juice? Because if it is I have been thinking about it just based on how much I liked the shandy.

Yes. You want a nice crisp Mexican lager (I prefer Pacifico or Modelo, but Corona will do). Tomato juice/V8, a HEALTHY dose of your favorite hot sauce, squeeze of lime, salt the rim if you want, BOOM you’re in refreshment town.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Hello thread

Guinness NA is surprisingly good and I like Athletic Brew Co's IPA. I also drank some beers but I forgot what ones, I'll post about em soon!~

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I have probably 10-20 of these to share with you weirdos!!!!!!!!!!

This Matsu-Rika by JA-PAS, a dark lager with jasmine flowers. Delicious, smooth, great malt and body. Jasmine adds a little to the mix in the right way. Solid after taste you'd expect from a dark lager. Gonna try to hunt down more beers from this place, apparently from Chicago!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

NA beer that had a thing that said first pack's on us! $8.99 rebate. Sure, alright! It's like NA Heineken without the skunky after taste. Like a 6 or a 7 out of 10.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Went to Grand Trunk Pub and Detroit Beer Exchange after work on Wednesday, it was very fun and nice. Here are the Grand Trunk beers, a Brew Detroit Cerveza Delray Oscura and a Mountain Town Brewing Train Wreck red ale! The Mountain Town was a really good heavy red ale, a bit more bitter than I like but hoo boy did it get me goin.

At Detroit Beer Exchange, I had a Good Humans by Short's Brewing, which is my hands down favorite brown ale (it's a double brown). Also had a Freedom Lemonade cuz it was cheap.

Detroit Beer Exchange is a "stock market" style beer place, so it's loving weird.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Here is the craziest beer that I got at Movement! They didn't really have any craft beers, so I mostly drank vodka+red bull when I was drinking that weekend. But in this shot, I am consuming a "Budweiser Freedom Edition" while smoking a free pre-rolled joint that was given to me at the festival. Neat, huh?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Here's from before Memorial Day weekend, when I went to Queens after work. It's a bar that's really neat and very bar-y.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Anyone drinking beer or cider or anything really

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i drank 9 16 oz cans of founders' all day ipa on sunday and felt like dog poo poo on monday.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I drank a bunch of Bass and a local Pilsner last night and also feel like crap today

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

bagmonkey posted:

In this economy?!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

bagmonkey posted:

Not right this minute but I might toddle o'er the road and buy a few... whatever's on offer.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I had a PACIFICO last night, it was pretty great

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Ok, ya sold me on one. I grabbed a Bull City Semi Dry cider from the Food Lion and it’s ok? May be a hair too dry for my liking.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i think getting some ciders would be good in this heat

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Rainier.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I bought a case of Stella Artois Cidre yesterday and tried one. It didn't taste exactly as I was expecting, but it was very good.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i think getting some ciders would be good in this heat

Yeah thats a good call.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I bought a case of Stella Artois Cidre yesterday and tried one. It didn't taste exactly as I was expecting, but it was very good.

Yeah it’s not bad. Surprisingly dry for a mass market cider.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

I bought these last week, had two last night because I spilled half of my first while watering the gardens. It tastes like a Heineken without that extremely bitter taste and finish. I know Heine's are notorious for being skunked, but even fresh Heineken has this strong bitter aftertaste for me. Clausthaler does not, but still has that delicious lager body. These are going into the "sometimes" category of my NA experiment.

For the record, O'Douls is still my favorite NA beer so far. Everything else is great for breaking up the monotony, but O'Douls mimics a lawnmowing beer so perfectly it's hard to not acknowledge.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Drinking a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, a beer which I have not bought a six pack of in at least 20 years.

It’s sweeter than I remember, but quite tasty.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I tried a new beer last night. I bought four beers from the fancy store and they were all really good in their own way. Here's the Guava Beer

Tasted exactly as you'd expect! I loved it, was very crisp and refreshing while cold, and opened up a bit flavor wise once it warmed up, but was still super drinkable. Favorite type of sour is one that I can drink at my own pace, sometimes they get real weird once they warm up.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

:siren: :siren: rare beer alert :siren: :siren:

Only ever seen them outside VT once before. According to the barcodes on the fridge they had Heady Topper too but all gone.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Had a beer from a collapsed (literally) brewery today. Tasted catastrophic.

Bouy Beer Czech style Pilsner.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Bout to drill mondo beers tonight

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

This was not the improvement I was asking for!

Snow Cone Capone posted:

:siren: :siren: rare beer alert :siren: :siren:

Only ever seen them outside VT once before. According to the barcodes on the fridge they had Heady Topper too but all gone.

That stuff (single version of Heady Topper) is good as hell. Nice find. I still have a couple 4-packs of Heady from earlier this year and it makes me happy. Hell, it’s what got me to lift my blanket ban on IPAs after I got tired of trying super bitter trash with all the subtlety of crushed aspirin. I actually like the really floral and hazy NEIPA stuff. Special recognition to the folks at Old Nation for M-43 and Boss Tweed and Waredaca (brewery and horse farm) for their, “Morgan.”

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
8 Wired Horseshoe Brown Ale. Its an American Brown ale. Same carbonation as a proper Brown Ale, but then slightly more roasty and darker malt character, and then far too many hops use. Its not bad.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Discernibly Turgid posted:

That stuff (single version of Heady Topper) is good as hell. Nice find. I still have a couple 4-packs of Heady from earlier this year and it makes me happy. Hell, it’s what got me to lift my blanket ban on IPAs after I got tired of trying super bitter trash with all the subtlety of crushed aspirin. I actually like the really floral and hazy NEIPA stuff. Special recognition to the folks at Old Nation for M-43 and Boss Tweed and Waredaca (brewery and horse farm) for their, “Morgan.”

I tried one last night and I'll say the same thing about it as I did about Heady Topper:

It's a very solid IPA, nothing more. Have yet to understand why HT was one of the original "holy grail" beers.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I tried one last night and I'll say the same thing about it as I did about Heady Topper:

It's a very solid IPA, nothing more. Have yet to understand why HT was one of the original "holy grail" beers.

No one else was really doing NEIPA at the time

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Its like saying an influential band sucks but you like the bands they influenced I guess.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

wait it counts as an NEIPA? lol what the gently caress happened to that style (lactose happened to that style, I know)

Honestly I was comparing it to normal IPAs - the whole "drink from the can only" bit means I've never actually seen it poured out and didn't realize it was even unfiltered :v:

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

Its like saying an influential band sucks but you like the bands they influenced I guess.

to be fair I didn't say it sucks, I think they're great beers, just not something I would drive several hours to wait in line for, but "at the time 99.9% of other IPAs were 100+ IBU" or something along those lines is valid I think

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jun 18, 2022

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Dainton - Burnout Black IPA. Its good and thats because it is well balanced. Big black dark roasted malts, and a big - not fruity or resinous - hop bitterness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

This was not the improvement I was asking for!
I like the lower IBUs and floral feel. The lactose IPAs aren’t for me. First time I had HT was in the age of high-IBU stuff and I received the can as a thank you for setting up someone’s turntable. I’d heard of it but never seen it and it seemed crazy to not at least try it (a bit poured into a glass so I could give the remainder to a friend who liked IPAs.) It was a radical departure from any IPAs I’d ever choked on before.