Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

skooma512 posted:

Look either you can correctly predict the path of the entire US job market for the next 3 decades or you deserve to deliver Doordash to the people who can

what education do I need to be a concentration camp guard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Salt Fish posted:

They should make cops do active shooter drills where they practice staying in the school.

I've heard of drills where the cops themselves shoot blanks or otherwise simulate a shooting themselves. I can't help but think it's just a form of bullying like everything else they do.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the teacher demanding all the students delete their videos and not snitch is very funny

I'm keeping that video for the rest of my life omfg

Anyways that was in the draft for 2 months.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Kendrick Lamar is being played in the highschools and producing better educational outcomes than Drake.

https://twitter.com/Blaqk_Gold/status/1787824130160505119?t=RRuKrmikQKnJdqZ3SOPUdQ&s=19

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Salt Fish posted:

They should make cops do

*Supreme Court voice*
I'm gonna stop you there

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

my kids dont cry during drills but theyre like 17

I teach kindergarten and my kids are fine during drills and stuff, but the 5th graders have panic attacks (and are openly sobbing in the hallways) during drills.

The only thing I can think of is that the 5th graders are traumatized in some way from the covid stuff that my kindergarteners never experienced?

May 7, 2024

Somebody has issued a correction as of 17:53 on May 7, 2024

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

what do these drills even entail, is it just like the teacher locks the door and everyone has to hide or is it like some terrifying simulated mass shooting?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
some places hire cops to kick in doors and shoot people with airsoft guns, that's not weird at all

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

My brother is a state trooper and talks about the days he gets to go into a school for mass shooter training and shoot off simulation rounds and tackle volunteers with the same gusto I talk about my own posts. The smile he gets talking about how much fun he has is ghoulish

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Spaced God posted:

My brother is a state trooper and talks about the days he gets to go into a school for mass shooter training and shoot off simulation rounds and tackle volunteers with the same gusto I talk about my own posts. The smile he gets talking about how much fun he has is ghoulish

ah yes one of The Good Ones i see

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

KirbyKhan posted:

Kendrick Lamar is being played in the highschools and producing better educational outcomes than Drake.

https://twitter.com/Blaqk_Gold/status/1787824130160505119?t=RRuKrmikQKnJdqZ3SOPUdQ&s=19

They should call school shooter drills drake drills and everybody would have a good laugh instead

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

the milk machine posted:

some places hire cops to kick in doors and shoot people with airsoft guns, that's not weird at all

yeah when I was a kid post columbine, pre sandy hook, school shooting drills were just "we all practice turning off the lights, locking the doors, and being quiet, like, once every couple years" and they were more funny than traumatizing, but I guess the point is instilling a mentality of ever-present fear so they really had to take it up a notch since then apparently!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I wonder if statistically cops a bigger threat than school shooters.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Milo and POTUS posted:

in 2023 in the US, 38 school shootings killed 42 people

in 2023 in the US, cops killed 1329 people

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

Cops. Though these statistics are AFAIK self reported by departments so the numbers are probably low.

Between 10-30 kids per year killed. Counting 18-29s to include university and grad students ~250-300 per year.

School shootings.

In the 2010s, between 10-50 kids per year killed, though this includes universities. Wounded usually about double that.

Conclusively children are in more danger in school than in proximity to cops, though not by as much of a margin as anyone sane would like. It's probable that the cops are lying and are in fact more dangerous to kids though.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Lol, school shooter simulations actually just a fun day out for the cops to practice abusing and murdering

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
Guns are to blame for school shootings, sure, but nobody ever really considers what makes schools so loving terrible that students decide that destroying those schools by killing everyone in them is worth throwing away their lives for. Nobody ever brings that up. Why?

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
It inevitably leads to the conclusion that selling weed to high school kids is ethical

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

LuxuryLarva posted:

Guns are to blame for school shootings, sure, but nobody ever really considers what makes schools so loving terrible that students decide that destroying those schools by killing everyone in them is worth throwing away their lives for. Nobody ever brings that up. Why?

what, like material conditions? those don’t exist

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

It inevitably leads to the conclusion that selling weed to high school kids is ethical

it's not?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

They constantly are leaving their guns laying around inside the schools they visit. So yes.

https://pix11.com/news/local-news/police-officer-accidentally-leaves-handgun-inside-li-high-school-bathroom-officials/

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2024/04/kent-county-sheriffs-deputy-leaves-gun-in-school-bathroom-kenowa-hills-leaders-say.html

https://www.campussafetymagazine.com/news/police-and-security-officers-keep-leaving-their-guns-in-school-bathrooms/

Just google cop+gun+bathroom and look at the news results for schools. There's hundreds. lol

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Of course, poor bastards need it more than anyone else

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Kids being deprived of capital as they are in general means their lives are a hell of bidding the will of others for no return or reason, they deserve a discount

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

what do these drills even entail, is it just like the teacher locks the door and everyone has to hide or is it like some terrifying simulated mass shooting?

at least in (our districts) elementary schools, they are basically the same as tornado drills when i was a kid. the teacher locks the door and turns out the lights and the kids sit cross-legged against a wall.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

Of course, poor bastards need it more than anyone else

Guns?

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

at least in (our districts) elementary schools, they are basically the same as tornado drills when i was a kid. the teacher locks the door and turns out the lights and the kids sit cross-legged against a wall.

They used to crowd us in the hallways and make us get on our knees and kiss our asses goodbye. I would not recommend allowing the tornado to get you in enfilade if it can be helped

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

jesus no, I meant weed, to soothe the innocent and demotivate the guilty

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Guns?

They used to crowd us in the hallways and make us get on our knees and kiss our asses goodbye. I would not recommend allowing the tornado to get you in enfilade if it can be helped

yeah the main difference between tornado drills and "safety drills" is that you dont have to be afraid of windows.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

oh sorry i didnt know which threads you posted in so i had no way of knowing you were literally retarded

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

oh sorry i didnt know which threads you posted in so i had no way of knowing you were literally retarded

lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

:pwn:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

lmao

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Sitting with the lights out isn't so bad but at my old school the vice principal would come around and physically attempt to force open the door of each room to make sure it was locked properly, which was pretty scary for my class of four and five year olds

And because the US is a deranged nation have an actual incident we can point to and say "here's why we need Kindergarteners to know how to hide from mass shooters."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

We didn't start doing that poo poo until middle school but I've seen that shooter lockdown song set to the tune of twinkle little star for kindergarten classes and more than most things it's the most damning piece of evidence against the place. Domestically, obviously.

May 13, 2024
anytime today :allears:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I teach Elementary, but I have a direct line to the High School drama through my oldest kid.

The science teacher got fired last week for basically never coming to work and then not teaching anything when she was there. In addition to this she's going through a bunch of serious personal poo poo. As a final F you to everyone she failed all the graduating seniors.

For some reason they can't even remove this teacher's access to the grading system until later in the week, but not to worry, the admin (who is removing all the bad grades) handed out a worksheet (with the answers on it) for all the kids to take photos of. This worksheet will be the final.

What is the worksheet you ask? It's a coloring page of the layers of the Earth (crust, mantle, etc).

lol

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

spacetoaster posted:

I teach Elementary, but I have a direct line to the High School drama through my oldest kid.

The science teacher got fired last week for basically never coming to work and then not teaching anything when she was there. In addition to this she's going through a bunch of serious personal poo poo. As a final F you to everyone she failed all the graduating seniors.

For some reason they can't even remove this teacher's access to the grading system until later in the week, but not to worry, the admin (who is removing all the bad grades) handed out a worksheet (with the answers on it) for all the kids to take photos of. This worksheet will be the final.

What is the worksheet you ask? It's a coloring page of the layers of the Earth (crust, mantle, etc).

lol

:lmao:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

spacetoaster posted:

lol

*thinking extremely hard*

what is the most important thing to learn in all of pre-adult education

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
I wonder what the pass rate will be