Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007
Any low-pressure alliances have any room available? I've got several characters around level 50, and play pretty regularly at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
The missions in the pve event have changed.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Largepotato posted:

The missions in the pve event have changed.

Also there's a big drat Wolverine PVP tourny. Suddenly I don't regret getting that X-Force cover yesterday so much.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I think I only got one cover from my rewards for Fearless Defenders, a Hulk Green. Can't tell if that was my solo or alliance (G.O.O.N) but I am pretty sure I'm missing a cover.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Lofty132 posted:

I think I only got one cover from my rewards for Fearless Defenders, a Hulk Green. Can't tell if that was my solo or alliance (G.O.O.N) but I am pretty sure I'm missing a cover.

Pretty sure the alliance reward was a black cover. It often takes a lot longer for alliance rewards to come in than individual rewards, though, so give it a couple hours before you send a ticket in.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lofty132 posted:

G.O.O.N. Didn't manage to sneak into the top 100 so that is your solo reward for being in the top 50.

I would have loved to get the black cover for Hulk but I didn't have time to play and it being the alliance reward didn't really bode well for our low-effort alliance. Oh well, I should be able to destroy the Wolvie tourney with my Patch anyhow, shame lazycap is the prize.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I'm thinking this Wolverine Tournament should have started on Father's Day, seeing how many teams are Wolverine/Daken/someone. :v: Not that I can talk, I loves me some Strike Tiles.

Hell, the prize should be Gold Wolverine, "Wolverine's Dad". He can have the same artwork but with a big bushy beard and glasses or something.

edit: oh, I forgot how fun buffed Wolverine could be. :allears:

McDragon fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 2, 2014

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Any alliance who is getting rewards (even small ones) willing to adopt me? I have 30-35 heroes, some maxed, and around 1200HP I can buy the next slot with. Let me know, thanks.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Syrinxx posted:

Any alliance who is getting rewards (even small ones) willing to adopt me? I have 30-35 heroes, some maxed, and around 1200HP I can buy the next slot with. Let me know, thanks.

I can open up a slot in Metal Bawkses in a minute, if you'd like.

Edit: Done.

Shroud fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 2, 2014

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
3 Bagmen from standard tokens today. :shepface:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
We have another slot open in GoonStyle.

8/9 - next slot should cost 1000 HP

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 2, 2014

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

McDragon posted:

Hell, the prize should be Gold Wolverine, "Wolverine's Dad". He can have the same artwork but with a big bushy beard and glasses or something.
If there weren't 3 Wolverines already, Old Man Logan would be pretty awesome...

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

That Ignorant Sap posted:

If there weren't 3 Wolverines already, Old Man Logan would be pretty awesome...

How about the one arm Wolverine from the future who fought with cable with a metal tipped stump.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Jesus Christ Patch should not be boosted to level 200.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

HGH posted:

Also there's a big drat Wolverine PVP tourny. Suddenly I don't regret getting that X-Force cover yesterday so much.
The second best part of X-Force Wolverine is having to get him to level 170 for him to even be better stat-wise than Astonishing. The best part is X-Slash and his healing is one star good even at a boosted 230.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Call Me Charlie posted:

Good work Goonstyle! Top 250 for us all and top 5 for me! :woop:
Now if only I had a black Hulk cover... :sigh:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Call Me Charlie posted:

Joined as Kerblam, have the HP for a new slot if you accept, etc. Thanks

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Syrinxx posted:

Joined as Kerblam, have the HP for a new slot if you accept, etc. Thanks

Accepted and made a commander.

9/10 with the next slot being 1100 hp

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Call Me Charlie posted:

Accepted and made a commander.

9/10 with the next slot being 1100 hp
Ok I bought the next slot, thanks. Goon power!

Shroud
May 11, 2009
We still have a free slot, if anyone wants in.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
'Hired Goons' has space, especially if you'll expand us. Currently at 7 max so next spot is 800HP. We've gotten a small HP reward from most events so far.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Somehow I've been getting a member of the SHIELD alliance every tournament that just easily takes the top by at least 150 points. 2nd place is the most useless place :(

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
I've opened up a slot in 'bad alliance.' As the name says we're pretty casual so don't expect us to be fighting for any top slots.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

Everything Counts posted:

I've opened up a slot in 'bad alliance.' As the name says we're pretty casual so don't expect us to be fighting for any top slots.

Well we are pretty much on the cusp of breaking into the top reward brackets in the pve events which is pretty good for a casual 5 man, yeah pvp has been a mixed bag but we are always earning something for our efforts.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Somehow I've been getting a member of the SHIELD alliance every tournament that just easily takes the top by at least 150 points. 2nd place is the most useless place :(

S.H.I.E.L.D? More like F.Y.G.M., am I right?

Yeah, them and the Five Venoms are pretty bullshit

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

LorneReams posted:

How about the one arm Wolverine from the future who fought with cable with a metal tipped stump.

How about Albert, the Wolverine android?

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
Upcoming patch notes for R50 are out. It's mostly alliance tweaks.

quote:

As always, these Patch Notes are not necessarily complete and may change slightly before release.

Alliances
- S.H.I.E.L.D. code hackers have subverted a portion of H.A.M.M.E.R. communications frequencies that have enabled them to allow Agents that are in Alliances to talk directly to one another. Alliance Chat may be accessed from within the Alliance tab.
- Alliance Leaderboards now occupy their own tab instead of using multiple taps to get there.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. has improved their Alliance member tracking technology and now allows members to view the individual Event scores within an Alliance.
- The top three Alliance players in an Event are indicated by trophies next to their names on the Alliance Leaderboards. S.H.I.E.L.D. congratulates the top performers!
UI
- Scrolling on any supported menu screen now accelerates depending on the strength of the swipe used.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents using PC interfaces may use their mouse wheel to scroll through supported menu screens.
- Selling a rewarded 1*/2* character from the Rewards Cache has been streamlined to show only one popup to show the sell price. 3*/4* star characters still have a two popup system to confirm the sale.
- The Critical tile is now more gem-like and better displays that it works with all varied colors.
Misc
- The download size of the application on iOS has been reduced to under 100MB to allow users on cellular networks to download the app. Additional assets will be downloaded in the background while the game is running.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ahahaha, this wolverine tourney is hilarious. I am fighting level 281 patches. Saving your skills so that you can unload them at once after the inevitable berseker rage is the best policy when every loving hit deals 3000 damage.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Wolverine's dad is Sabertooth in my mind. He'd be a bad rear end villain to add, and then we'd have a nice family team.

The family that matches together, stays together.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Aw man, now I'm going to feel bad when I don't have time to participate in a tournament because all my pizza dogs will be looking at me like "|||||||dick||||||||"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

So I took a few months away from the game (Black Panther came out just before I got distracted with other things). Looks like alliances are useful now (is ranking by total score (ie zerg rush alliances) or average?) and Patch's yellow got hammered. Anything else big I should know about? The UI stuff like displaying boost levels is pretty obvious.

skinner
Oct 22, 2003

I took the last spot in 'bad alliance' if that's alright. In as skinner. I'll open up a slot when I have enough HP.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Ghostlight posted:

Aw man, now I'm going to feel bad when I don't have time to participate in a tournament because all my pizza dogs will be looking at me like "|||||||dick||||||||"

That's what the new alliance chat will be there for - to shame the ill-performing deadbeats that we can't boot because they're commanders.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

That's what the new alliance chat will be there for - to shame the ill-performing deadbeats that we can't boot because they're commanders.

It's not my fault, the Wolverines are just too strong!
But seriously, all my opponents are at levels 100+ while my own Astonishing Wolverine is only at a boosted 72. It's really tough for me to do anything. Even the X-Force matches are hard because they're usually accompanied by Thors and CStorms in their 80s to compensate for his deadweight.
Also, there's a match I can't skip for some reason. The option for it just isn't there at all. I suppose it requires Patch, which I don't have or something?

Blett
Jan 27, 2009
If there's still a spot open in a alliance I would gladly take it,

I play pretty much everyday, not the best but not the worst either!

I'll gladly save up HP to buy a new spot once I can.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

HGH posted:

Also, there's a match I can't skip for some reason. The option for it just isn't there at all. I suppose it requires Patch, which I don't have or something?

Why would you skip a match you can't even play anyway?

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Blett posted:

If there's still a spot open in a alliance I would gladly take it,

I play pretty much everyday, not the best but not the worst either!

I'll gladly save up HP to buy a new spot once I can.

We have a space open in Metal Bawkses (7/8).

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

HGH posted:

It's not my fault, the Wolverines are just too strong!
But seriously, all my opponents are at levels 100+ while my own Astonishing Wolverine is only at a boosted 72. It's really tough for me to do anything. Even the X-Force matches are hard because they're usually accompanied by Thors and CStorms in their 80s to compensate for his deadweight.
I can't decide if I like that you are matched up with fights that have a different Wolverine than the one required. It at least allows for more potential fights, I guess.

Blett
Jan 27, 2009

Shroud posted:

We have a space open in Metal Bawkses (7/8).

Great,

Thanks for the spot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I finally did it. Rank 500 was just a dream until today! I am now The Worst There Is.

Only registered members can see post attachments!