Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Maybe the rewrite is looking to give them the ability in future to be able to sell us Attack Pattern Zeta: Instantly Win for lots of dil or zen.
Probably!

More likely Cryptic will just do like they did with the revamped traits and kits and start throwing new ones in as rewards from lockboxes, from feature episodes, reputations, and so on. I mean at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they started selling boff abilities outright, but it doesn't seem likely.

I admit I would probably devote a large amount of space dollars towards acquiring Attack Pattern Tuvok/Worf, though. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Is ESD space still broken? Haven't been able to do the event for days because it keeps giving me the same locations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's broken yeah, but you can get the objective complete by going down to Starfleet Academy and interacting with the omega node that's just to the... northwest I think of the memorial fire? It's at the corner with the exchange building and the ocean, outside. For some reason only that one single node gives credit, hop maps a few times until you find one with it active.

The Bajor Space objective is similarly broken, but if you do the "Crack in the Mirror" story mission until you get to the Bajor VII space map then you can find plenty of omega nodes there that count for it.

Yeah the event just wasn't tested and clearly rushed the gently caress out the door. :effort:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Asimo posted:

Probably!

More likely Cryptic will just do like they did with the revamped traits and kits and start throwing new ones in as rewards from lockboxes, from feature episodes, reputations, and so on. I mean at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they started selling boff abilities outright, but it doesn't seem likely.

I admit I would probably devote a large amount of space dollars towards acquiring Attack Pattern Tuvok/Worf, though. :tinfoil:

Nerf Tuvok, Worf supremacy

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

MikeJF posted:

Maybe the rewrite is looking to give them the ability in future to be able to sell us Attack Pattern Zeta: Instantly Win for lots of dil or zen.

Someone said on the latest podcast or whatever that geko said they are thinking of doing stuff like Torpedo High Yield 4 as mission rewards.

Presumably new boff skills will make their way into future lockboxes.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

hakimashou posted:

Someone said on the latest podcast or whatever that geko said they are thinking of doing stuff like Torpedo High Yield 4 as mission rewards.

Presumably new boff skills will make their way into future lockboxes.

I'd take Torpedo Spread 4 even if it came from a lock box, if it had the same rate of escalation as going from 1 to 2 to 3 has. And I'd still slot the awful Ferengi Missile Launcher torpedo just to see what happens.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Emergency Power to Worf is an amazing ability in that one mission they give it to us.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Can I get an invite to the channel for istar@istarin ?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DatonKallandor posted:

Emergency Power to Worf is an amazing ability in that one mission they give it to us.

That was just to compensate for the amazingly lovely default weapons build on the ship we were flying, Cryptic had to make new abilities to make it work.

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

MikeJF posted:

That was just to compensate for the amazingly lovely default weapons build on the ship we were flying, Cryptic had to make new abilities to make it work.

Because changing the weapons loadout to not be poo poo would have been too much work.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dootman posted:

Because changing the weapons loadout to not be poo poo would have been too much work.

Like Cryptic knows how to play their own game.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

MikeJF posted:

Like Cryptic knows how to play their own game.

Always remember that Gozer got kicked out because the head man played, and called him out on the bullshit. They did, and probably still do play their own game.

Now, Perfect World's people on the other hand...

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Should have called it STO: Gozer Rising, really.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Gozer lives on at Cryptic. They're removing No Win, remember? "Too easy" they said.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
As much as I love hanging with goons and tormenting pubs I just can't be assed to log into this poo poo show. :smith:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Failures from running ground queues last night

1) Undine when during a defend the orb event the rest of the team took off to go interrogate bijorans and the undine got through

2) Undine when we defended the orb and then someone answered wrong when we were 9/10 on suspects

3) Rhino station because people didn't bring enough TRs to dps down elachi and didn't save enough crew against the timer

4) Nukara boss when everyone brought TRs which is good for the tholian leader with the new gently caress off shields, bad when we timered out because you can't DPS down the portals quick enough with just TRs

5) BHE couldn't DPS boss down quick enough

I used to like ground because the barrier to entry is just showing up with the appropriate rep gear and is far, far cheaper than space. But its kind of getting to be ridiculous. And every failure is a half hour to an hour of waiting around on timers. I've just given up on BHE by this point as its not worth it.

Funny enough its the old gozer borg STFs that have the best completion chances as the only people showing up for them generally have a clue.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
You're running it with the wrong people. Did the four big ground elite queues last night with goons. All successes no trouble at all. Goons are still getting the hang of Borg disconnected though.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, there's a reason the queues are dead right now. Sane people don't want to fail them and waste their time, so most competent people are either doing fleet groups, joining private channels, or otherwise arranging premades. This of course brings down the average competence level of random pugs (I've been in multiple where I've literally done twice as much damage as the other four people combined) which, after a few failures, drives people to do premades instead, which... well repeat until queues are dead. Which they are.

This will continue until PWE removes the dick from their rear end and removes the hard failure conditions from advanced queues. Elite queues will probably still have them but eh, that's sort of the point there.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Yeah, I just mean pugs. For a premade all the ground queues (except maybe hive?) are laughably easy because you don't have to worry about some guy showing up with a bat'leth.

I think just adding maybe another 2:50-5:00 minutes to the failure timers it would make the experience far more enjoyable. That way you'll only fail if you're with a truly dreadful pug, but still give decent pick up groups some leeway because they were just a little too slow or someone hosed up briefly. As it is way too much content is balanced around TRs.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
You know, levelling crafting takes entirely too long. Luckily for me, cryptic has heard my cries of anguish, and has provided a way to put me out of my misery! For the low, low price of $8, I can get 10,000 bonus research XP! That's just under a third as much as I can earn simply by running the daily research project.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

That's hilarious, especially as in the last big patch they made it so you can slot 3 research projects from the same school at once.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Those things are in the new lockbox as well and the exchange is full of them, anyone who pays $8 for one is an idiot. Also R&D is already an easier grind now that you can stack the daily research projects 3 times.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

g0del posted:

You know, levelling crafting takes entirely too long. Luckily for me, cryptic has heard my cries of anguish, and has provided a way to put me out of my misery! For the low, low price of $8, I can get 10,000 bonus research XP! That's just under a third as much as I can earn simply by running the daily research project.

You can also just convert $8 worth of zen into dil and use that to instantly complete a dozen or so projects for like, five times as much exp as that booster

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Lagomorphic posted:

Those things are in the new lockbox as well and the exchange is full of them, anyone who pays $8 for one is an idiot. Also R&D is already an easier grind now that you can stack the daily research projects 3 times.
Yeah, I got a bunch. Along with XP boosts, fleet cred boosts, and doff commendation XP boosts. Between all the different boosts and the mini-R&D packs, most of the vaadwaur boxes I opened were junk. I do think it's funny that they're monetizing a system which is already monetized, and that the new monetization is a bigger rip-off by an order of magnitude.

Also, it has to really suck to be on their PR team right now. The announcement thread is up to 4 pages, and every single post is complaining about it.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I forget who first had the theory that Cryptic intentionally made the boosters as lovely as possible because they were forced to have them and at least this way all but the most retarded of whales will avoid them, but it seems more and more true.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Bert Roberge posted:

Can I get an invite to the channel for istar@istarin ?

You're in.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
From tribble, this is why you should be getting omega upgrade techs:

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

Yeah, I just mean pugs. For a premade all the ground queues (except maybe hive?) are laughably easy because you don't have to worry about some guy showing up with a bat'leth.

I'm now tempted to log in just to join one of your queues with a purple dumb sword thing.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Oh no! Apparently the Galaxy Class is a huge steaming pile of poo poo and should be buffed to be the Premium Hero ship in STO!

:tutbutt: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22077811&postcount=10 :tutbutt:

It's nothing you haven't seen before but the thread's level of overly entitled autistic :spergin: is pretty strong.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Feb 4, 2015

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb
Well, it is a huge steaming pile of poo poo.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Oh no! Apparently the Galaxy Class is a huge steaming pile of poo poo and should be buffed to be the Premium Hero ship in STO!

:tutbutt: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22077811&postcount=10 :tutbutt:

It's nothing you haven't seen before but the thread's level of overly entitled autistic :spergin: is pretty strong.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=22097991&posted=1#post22097991

I decided to go poke them with a stick and present why the Galaxy is so bad and why it being bad is canon.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

IPCRESS posted:

I'm now tempted to log in just to join one of your queues with a purple dumb sword thing.

Swords are fine, they have that charge move.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Goat Pillager posted:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=22097991&posted=1#post22097991

I decided to go poke them with a stick and present why the Galaxy is so bad and why it being bad is canon.

You've already pissed them off. They're disregarding everything you said based on misinterpreting which lovely fake race the show was fighting.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Goat Pillager posted:

Haha. Plus Enterprise D gets its rear end kicked on a regular basis in TNG.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Dilz weekend:

"We will be running a special weekend event where you can earn bonus Dilithium Ore by playing content throughout the game! The Dilithium Ore event runs from 10AM PST Thursday, February 5th until 10AM PST Monday, February 9th, 2015 at 10AM PST. During the event, bonus Dilithium Ore will be provided for the following content:

...blah blah blah...

Dilithium rewards from completing Event Reputation Projects no longer receive a bonus.
This also includes the large reward of 50,000 Dilithium a player earns when completing a reputation."

Welp, so much for that 100k!

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Major Spag posted:

Dilz weekend:

"We will be running a special weekend event where you can earn bonus Dilithium Ore by playing content throughout the game! The Dilithium Ore event runs from 10AM PST Thursday, February 5th until 10AM PST Monday, February 9th, 2015 at 10AM PST. During the event, bonus Dilithium Ore will be provided for the following content:

...blah blah blah...

Dilithium rewards from completing Event Reputation Projects no longer receive a bonus.
This also includes the large reward of 50,000 Dilithium a player earns when completing a reputation."

Welp, so much for that 100k!

Surprised it took them this long to nerf that little earner, to be honest. Still a dick move.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Gawdammit I have 5 reputations to turn in and was saving it for this weekend.

If I hadn't already stopped caring about this game I'd be very angry.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Korgan posted:

Surprised it took them this long to nerf that little earner, to be honest. Still a dick move.

They nerfed it a while back. They're just announcing it now.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
They nerfed event reps, the regular rep thing is new. Also I'm more than a little annoyed by this change. Hopefully it's bugged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Ahaha no it's clearly quite intentional.

Honestly I can't be that mad seeing how I would probably do the same thing if I were in Cryptic's place. Making people wait months to get a fun reward just isn't good game design and encourages a dumb sort of "system mastery" that punishes new players or people who try to play the game "correctly", and it's better to just make that not an issue and let people turn that stuff in when they get it. It's really only problematic as part of the larger issue of dilithium being incredibly sparse for most players, and the fact they waited like a year and a half to loving fix it rather than jumping on it after the first time it came up. By waiting it gave the impression that it was an intended mechanic, so obviously people are going to be pissed about it.

• Locked thread