Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Waffleman_ posted:

The Lunar Whale

As in the Mount

That's right, the last two zones are behind a paywall

All the new zones are already behind a paywall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Another one

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

SirPhoebos posted:

Every time someone says "this star" I can hear Tom Servo yelling "IT'S A PLANET!"

Anyway, have we gotten any clue on how we're going to get to the moon? I'm sort of hoping Cid just builds us a Saturn 5, complete with a minigame to make the trip without an unplanned lithobreak.

(I had a brief period messing around with KSP last year, if you couldn't tell).
We're going to use the G-Warrior to control the Void Ark, which will then transform into an even bigger robot machina. We then use that to take control of Zodiark, turning it into an even bigger machina.

:kamina:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

SirPhoebos posted:

Every time someone says "this star" I can hear Tom Servo yelling "IT'S A PLANET!"

Anyway, have we gotten any clue on how we're going to get to the moon? I'm sort of hoping Cid just builds us a Saturn 5, complete with a minigame to make the trip without an unplanned lithobreak.

(I had a brief period messing around with KSP last year, if you couldn't tell).

Didn't they show off a crashed Garlean ship on the moon in the zone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unu9dXOtWgQ

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Kazy posted:

No, that's a crashed Allagan ship.

Well, a crashed Allagan something. We don't know if they landed on the moon, we just know they hit the moon.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame

Kazy posted:

I think it's a chunk of Dalamud that went sideways, rather than down, when Bahamut broke out. If anyone could get there for space travel, though, the Garleans are my odds on shot. We don't really know if the aethersphere? stops at a certain point or not. Eorzea might not be able to fly past there, since all their ships are aether powered.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

GoingPostal posted:

I think it's a chunk of Dalamud that went sideways, rather than down, when Bahamut broke out. If anyone could get there for space travel, though, the Garleans are my odds on shot. We don't really know if the aethersphere? stops at a certain point or not. Eorzea might not be able to fly past there, since all their ships are aether powered.

If you can breathe on the surface of the moon I'm pretty sure magic works there

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

FuturePastNow posted:

The Blessing of the Kami extends to the Lunar Sea.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

GoingPostal posted:

I think it's a chunk of Dalamud that went sideways, rather than down, when Bahamut broke out.
Seems like it has set of 'nozzles' in the back, but it could be anything.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

FuturePastNow posted:

I'm just sticking with my idea that the only people we've seen on the moon are ascians or the dead, the WoL has ascian robes in the trailer, we learn how to teleport to the moon like an ascian.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

the_steve posted:

This is what I'm assuming they're gonna use to explain us being able to go to the moon and breath perfectly fine.

GoingPostal posted:

I dunno, those certainly look like some kind of rocket thrusters on the back of that thing

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

the_steve posted:

It would be very funny if the blessing turns out to be "breathe anywhere" instead of "breathe underwater" and the Kojin just never had a chance or reason to try it anywhere else.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

GoingPostal posted:

It's a pretty different shape from the shards of Dalamud you can see at Carteneau ingame (Borderland Ruins in Frontline and a bunch of solo duties take place there) and also we know from BCoB that the Allagans had spacecraft, though I can't remember exactly what their capabilities were or if they were even described

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010
Allagan spacecraft was sufficient to put a massive artificial satellite in orbit, so going to the moon was probably easy for them.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

FuturePastNow posted:

It would be very funny if the blessing turns out to be "breathe anywhere" instead of "breathe underwater" and the Kojin just never had a chance or reason to try it anywhere else.

*everyone jumps out of the spaceship*
*Alphinaud starts to asphyxiate*
<Alisae> You still can't swim lol

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I seem to recall them mentioning back at the Endwalker full trailer reveal that the moon just has air.

I think this was specifically in reference to worries that Viera and Hrothgar couldn't wear most spacesuit helmets.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Zomborgon posted:

I seem to recall them mentioning back at the Endwalker full trailer reveal that the moon just has air.

I think this was specifically in reference to worries that Viera and Hrothgar couldn't wear most spacesuit helmets.

The last I heard them say explicitly was that it was a mystery and we'd find out during Endwalker, though I only watched the announcement part and not the whole weekend so something might have come up during other stuff.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

MatteusTheCorrupt posted:

Allagan spacecraft was sufficient to put a massive artificial satellite in orbit, so going to the moon was probably easy for them.
Could be easy, but Elidibus probably shot down every Allagan spacecraft to hide Ascian secrets or something

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

What I'm expecting is that there isn't air on the moon but someone will cast a spell that makes us not need any

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
The kojin's blessing has a lot more reach than they thought?

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

You make Bismarck fly you to the moon and Bismarck also just exhales several million cubic miles of air.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I'm gonna lol pretty hard when it turns out that the moon is like the level 82-84 section of the expansion and not the end zone.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

the_steve posted:

I'm gonna lol pretty hard when it turns out that the moon is like the level 82-84 section of the expansion and not the end zone.

It is almost certainly not the end zone. The weird Zeal looking place is more likely

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

ImpAtom posted:

It is almost certainly not the end zone. The weird Zeal looking place is more likely

I think that's the place we'll go to get to the moon.

My guess is it'll be:
- Sharlayan
- Labyrinthos
- Garlemald
- Radz-at-Han
- Thavnair
- Zeal-looking place
- Mare Lamentorum
- Mysterious zone INSIDE the moon

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm calling moon immediately upon starting 6.0. the NPCs will just tell us to go there completely nonchalantly and reveal the rocket hidden under the rising stones

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

We are told to go to Sharlyan, walk out the door, and immediately get whomped over the head.

We then wake up on the moon and spend the entire intro getting back to the planet. The first dungeon is a re-entry battle.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Zomborgon posted:

We are told to go to Sharlyan, walk out the door, and immediately get whomped over the head.

We then wake up on the moon and spend the entire intro getting back to the planet. The first dungeon is a re-entry battle.

The boat to Sharlayan gets caught in a giant water spout caused by end beasts and is deposited on the surface of the moon. Luckily, it was carrying an aetheryte, but you have to figure out how to get back down to the planet star to connect it to the network!

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Begemot posted:

The boat to Sharlayan gets caught in a giant water spout caused by end beasts and is deposited on the surface of the moon. Luckily, it was carrying an aetheryte, but you have to figure out how to get back down to the planet star to connect it to the network!

I didn't realize this was going to be an Ys crossover.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the funniest expansion entry was in FFXI's third expansion you could pay an npc half a million gil to just be airdropped in the middle of a brand new zone and be told you have to make your way to the city yourself

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
I'm pretty sure we saw the Garlean launch pad in that zone trailer. Likely it's going to be Gabranth's doing, and the stuff with the diablo armament was for research into travel between shards as voidsent do. diablos specifically teleports. This is also the easy way to fulfill the whole legion-number theme that's been dangling around.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

aren't the IVth entirely excommunicated from the empire by the time Bozja starts

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Vitamean posted:

aren't the IVth entirely excommunicated from the empire by the time Bozja starts

Not excommunicated, they went rogue of their own accord

By the time Bozja starts there's not really enough of a empire to do poo poo about them breaking off because its already splintered into factions fighting each other

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kazy posted:

Pretty sure that's part of an allagan Ragnarok-class ship like the one you go through in Coils.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
there's also been a lot of time before then to make a rocket, is the thing

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Kazy posted:

What are all the vials on the walls in the big room anyway. That's what this gamer wants to know

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

No Mods No Masters posted:

What are all the vials on the walls in the big room anyway. That's what this gamer wants to know

They're the crystals used by the Ancients to contain concepts, as seen in that last stretch in Anamnesis Anyder

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

No Mods No Masters posted:

Concept storage from Ascian stuff, we see them in Anyder

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm assuming there'll be a split point early in the story like the Alphi/Ali split at the beginning of ShB, since it's an easy way to evenly distribute player load.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
My guess is an option to go to Sharlayan or Radz-at-Han.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Or, rather, stay in Sharlayan or go to Radz-at-Han, with the option coming up after we go to Sharlayan at the start.