Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

They may look like Omega, but they may not be Omega-tier.
I mean, it's possible that Garlemald somehow manages to get hold of whatever data the Ironworks or Nero had on it and tried making their own Omega like they did with the Weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://youtu.be/MUiX5uL98Bw

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

sexpig by night posted:

this is the most likely answer yea but I'd love if even just that led to a little more info on Omega, maybe the Garleans found something else from that world and all and used it to make off label Omega poo poo.

I'm hoping the next big story explores the Middy/Omega thing and takes us to the landmass the dragons and the Triad gods and such lived in so this would be a good way to set those breadcrumbs.

I do also want to go to meracydia. We'll definitely need Middy for the trip as, iirc, the meracydians are extremely hostile and kill any outsiders on contact after what Allag did to them.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Nah, there's nothing particularly hostile about them. There are specialty trades that go on between Meracydia and the Northern continents, like fish and alchemy ingredients.

It's like the new world - too far for most people to make the trip or care about going. And still pretty unknown to the non natives.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Famitsu interview with Matsuno and Yoshida, looks like the field notes epilogue was planned from the outset and any potential follow-up was envisioned to basically take place after a time-skip. Some interesting tidbits in there - several things Matsuno planned were changed because he didn't know what would be happening in the main story in Shadowbringers. Matsuno thought Fordola should have been executed if Raubahn was going to take on the future of Ala Mhigo. Zadnor being a bit more fantastic and having the Diablo Armament were direct requests because Matsuno thought the Southern Front was too bleak and somber. Pagaga being popular was surprising (though he didn't know they'd be giving her a custom emote). Lyon is pretty much deliberately Matsuno saying PUT IN BEASTMASTER U COWARDS

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

megalodong posted:

this is a point lots of people seem to miss.

Like the "community cohesion" sidequest, the patronising amaurotine says this:

It's not that you made your own clothing and expressed your individuality that's considered bad.

It's that, from their perspective, you made your own clothing and then kept the concept entirely to yourself (since you're the only person dressed that way) out of a desire to be unique, thereby preventing others from benefiting from your creation, as opposed to sharing the concept with everyone else for the benefit of all.

It turns out everyone wears the same robes because they're profoundly comfortable and any other concepts they try just pale in comparison.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Cleretic posted:

There's a second one on the Blessing of Light. Picked up a bit less steam, but only twenty minutes long, so that's nice. Mostly talks about stuff that people here are already completely on top of, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oxf8lhQduk

I'm starting to work on a third one on Nym, partly by request and partly so that I dodge the media tour; I don't wanna wake up during editing and learn twenty percent of a video on Garlemald or something is obsolete.

Looking forward to the Nym video. I’ve barely touched on any of that for years so it’ll be nice to get a refresher. The video format and presentation is all well done so keep making them and I’ll keep watching.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Nah, there's nothing particularly hostile about them. There are specialty trades that go on between Meracydia and the Northern continents, like fish and alchemy ingredients.

It's like the new world - too far for most people to make the trip or care about going. And still pretty unknown to the non natives.

yea the big barrier for travel between landmasses is more time and effort than anything. Even Othard is, what, like nearly a month's trip on a boat? Meracydia and The New World are way further apart from our part of the world than Othard. I'm sure they're not excited for outsiders given the whole 'the last time a major empire visited us they stole our gods and slaughtered us' thing but yea the only thing keeping us from them is basically not being able to take the time to do a major journey through not well explored waters and lands while we have the whole Garlean/now Ascian threat on our doorstep.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

There's plenty of weird hosed up bio/arcane weapons that could still be at Zenos's disposal given that even Menenius and Lyon were able to make the Diablo Armament.

C'mon Square gimme a sweet-rear end Mecha-Innocence versus G-Warrior battle

I thought they excavated the Diablo Armament?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Badger of Basra posted:

I thought they excavated the Diablo Armament?

They did, they just were (mostly) able to activate it and use it as a weapon. I mainly meant by my post that it wasn't just Valens who could make Anti-Eikon Warmachina

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
They should introduce a new garlean engineer who put together not-Omega and who's got a rivalry/inferiority complex/crush on Nero...mainly so Cid can stand in the background laughing.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Named Mid

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

sexpig by night posted:

this is the most likely answer yea but I'd love if even just that led to a little more info on Omega, maybe the Garleans found something else from that world and all and used it to make off label Omega poo poo.

I'm hoping the next big story explores the Middy/Omega thing and takes us to the landmass the dragons and the Triad gods and such lived in so this would be a good way to set those breadcrumbs.

I mean, the whole original point of going to Akadaemia Anyder in Shadowbringers was to get information on the FATE boss in the Tempest (though that didn't pan out and we got other info instead). I'm not sure they'd just do that all over again, but there could certainly be more information somewhere around other than just the FATE flavor text.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I do also want to go to meracydia. We'll definitely need Middy for the trip as, iirc, the meracydians are extremely hostile and kill any outsiders on contact after what Allag did to them.

I might be misremembering, but didn't Tiamat plan to return to Meracydia? I'm pretty sure her good word for us would be more than enough without getting Midgardsormr involved.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Could also be where Estinien meets Vrtra. Unless Vrtra has come up before?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kazy posted:

Could also be where Estinien meets Vrtra. Unless Vrtra has come up before?

I think the trailer is the first we’ve seen or heard at all of Vrtra.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think the trailer is the first we’ve seen or heard at all of Vrtra.

It's a really weird choice, too, because he had such good chemistry with Tiamat in Paglth'an, so she clearly has to be running her own plotline elsewhere in Endwalker or they'd have had them partner up, I'd think.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Zutaten posted:

It's a really weird choice, too, because he had such good chemistry with Tiamat in Paglth'an, so she clearly has to be running her own plotline elsewhere in Endwalker or they'd have had them partner up, I'd think.

We haven't really seen anything about Vrtra or Azdaja. I'm stoked to finally meet more old dragons.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If I had to guess, Tiamat returned to Meracydia and sent back her younger brother to help with the fight in Eorzea. She's kind of got good reason to want to spend some time at home after everything she's been through!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Long shot question: does anyone know how to pronounce 'Mhach'? I know it would have been said in a luve letter during Heavensward, but I can't figure out which letter, let alone find a vod of it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

A quick google is giving the most likely answers as "Vach" (like "Bach") or "Ma-ha". I'm seeing people say that the latter is used in certain streams and is the way the katakana would be pronounced, but I can't confirm it myself.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

https://twitch.tv/videos/64965616 says the loc team told them it was pronounced similar to 'mock' but with the a in mach.

At 35 minutes in.

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 30, 2021

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Arist posted:

A quick google is giving the most likely answers as "Vach" (like "Bach") or "Ma-ha"

Yeah I've been saying it like Mach in Mach 1. (Like "Bach")

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Hellioning posted:

https://twitch.tv/videos/64965616 says the loc team told them it was pronounced similar to 'mock' but with the a in match.

At 35 minutes in.

Ah, there we go, thank you! Solidly official enough for me!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Arist posted:

A quick google is giving the most likely answers as "Vach" (like "Bach") or "Ma-ha". I'm seeing people say that the latter is used in certain streams and is the way the katakana would be pronounced, but I can't confirm it myself.

!?!?

Hellioning posted:

https://twitch.tv/videos/64965616 says the loc team told them it was pronounced similar to 'mock' but with the a in mach.

At 35 minutes in.

This is the most obvious and straightforward answer

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I've been reading transliterated Hebrew for far too many decades to not pronounce it with a chet even though I know that's wrong.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019
One of my FC pals is named Mark so we just call it Mark all the time.

It's great for gags: "Hey Mark, have you marked off Mhach?"

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
I did not hit her, I did not!

Oh hi Mhach

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I do not want to go to the Weeping City of Mark.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I pronounce it like "mock" but with a little extra phlegm.

Knowing how Gaelic spelling goes, this is probably completely wrong :v:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

super-redguy posted:

One of my FC pals is named Mark so we just call it Mark all the time.

It's great for gags: "Hey Mark, have you marked off Mhach?"

This works well imagining a Boston accent.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

What is the true name of the planet? We know Hydaelyn was summoned as a Primal to counteract Zodiark, but was she named after the planet, or was the planet renamed post-sundering?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kazy posted:

What is the true name of the planet? We know Hydaelyn was summoned as a Primal to counteract Zodiark, but was she named after the planet, or was the planet renamed post-sundering?

Given that all the Ancients refer to the world before simply as "the star" it might not have had a name

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I could also see its name originally being Hydaelyn. Venat's crew were broadly on the side of nature, I could see them naming their primal after the planet in the same sort of way people use 'Mother Earth'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bruceski posted:

I've been reading transliterated Hebrew for far too many decades to not pronounce it with a chet even though I know that's wrong.

Same, my brain is busted in a very narrow cultural way and it makes fantasy bullshit annoying at times

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

considering zodiark was made to be the will of the star, maybe he was named after the star, then hydaelin happened and it got named after a primal instead

Moofia Boss Val
May 14, 2021

Kazy posted:

It was called Hydaelyn in 1.0 but since the 2.0 lore rewrite the planet has no proper name.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Blockhouse posted:

Given that all the Ancients refer to the world before simply as "the star" it might not have had a name

Every time someone says "this star" I can hear Tom Servo yelling "IT'S A PLANET!"

Anyway, have we gotten any clue on how we're going to get to the moon? I'm sort of hoping Cid just builds us a Saturn 5, complete with a minigame to make the trip without an unplanned lithobreak.

(I had a brief period messing around with KSP last year, if you couldn't tell).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

SirPhoebos posted:

Every time someone says "this star" I can hear Tom Servo yelling "IT'S A PLANET!"

Anyway, have we gotten any clue on how we're going to get to the moon? I'm sort of hoping Cid just builds us a Saturn 5, complete with a minigame to make the trip without an unplanned lithobreak.

(I had a brief period messing around with KSP last year, if you couldn't tell).

Um have you seen the logo, clearly by spaceship

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Lunar Whale

As in the Mount

That's right, the last two zones are behind a paywall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moofia Boss Val
May 14, 2021

SirPhoebos posted:

At the end of the Omega storyline, you fly through space on Hraesvelgr's back, so I presume we'll just ride one of the 7 dragons to the moon.