Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I gotta say I was really hating the armor design in Xenovblade for the first 8-10 hours, but now that I'm just before Colony 6 Reyn looks like a massive loving terminator with his heavy armor on, I'm really diging it now. Does it get cooler from here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

queeb posted:

I gotta say I was really hating the armor design in Xenovblade for the first 8-10 hours, but now that I'm just before Colony 6 Reyn looks like a massive loving terminator with his heavy armor on, I'm really diging it now. Does it get cooler from here?

Oh yes :allears:.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

I've decided that Xenoblade is a pretty terrible game for 2015, and would have been a mediocre game even on the PS2 and fallen somewhere between Rogue Galaxy and like, uh, Wild Arms Jr. or something. It's a mess, the story is bad, the dialogue is "How could you betray us, Betrayu!?"-level doggerel, and the battling is unfun. I'm never going to trust a consensus groupthink opinion again.

However, it's kind of the perfect portable RPG. It feels like a really good iOS RPG or something, because you can just pick it up for 5 minutes at a time and then move on with your life. I accomplished a little bit while splattering a deuce last night, a little more on the treadmill, etc. and I can now totally see losing 100 hours to this in 5-minute chunks.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I think better phrasing is "it's just not a game for me" instead of panning it as terrible and blaming groupthink for your decision. General consensus among critics and customers alike is that it's a fantastic game that broke JRPG cliches. If your idea of beating it is to spend 5 minutes playing it while taking a poo poo and running on a treadmill (what) then yeah, not the game for you.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Nah if I don't like something its bad and its everyone elses fault for liking it.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Transistor Rhythm posted:

I'm never going to trust a consensus groupthink opinion again.

Almost immediately after the (US) release people were posting in this very thread about how they didn't like the game. They were also posting links to articles talking about how they didn't like it either.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Louisgod once probated me for a month because I didn't want to preorder the Wii version of Xenoblade.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

elf help book posted:

Louisgod once probated me for a month because I didn't want to preorder the Wii version of Xenoblade.

I think that's fair

I've decided that Xenoblade is a pretty terrible game for 2015, and would have been a mediocre game even on the PS2 and fallen somewhere between Rogue Galaxy and like, uh, Wild Arms Jr. or something. It's a mess, the story is bad, the dialogue is "How could you betray us, Betrayu!?"-level doggerel, and the battling is unfun. I'm never going to trust a consensus groupthink opinion again.

However, it's kind of the perfect portable RPG. It feels like a really good iOS RPG or something, because you can just pick it up for 5 minutes at a time and then move on with your life. I accomplished a little bit while splattering a deuce last night, a little more on the treadmill, etc. and I can now totally see losing 100 hours to this in 5-minute chunks.

Stux parachute account spotted

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

elf help book posted:

I PROBATED elf help book AND I'D DO IT AGAIN.

That's right. I probated him(?). Ooooooh yeah, and it feel so drat good to probate him(?). You guys should try this poo poo sometimes. Daaaaaaaaammmn. Getting high on probating the help book. I'm gonna probate that book when he(?) gets back and just sit back and let that poo poo soak into my brain and tingly my spinal cord. Feels good. help book, rereg, dammit. I need a motherfucking fix.

What's nice when you smoke a help book is to let it post around 35 lovely threads and then BAM! Gas them all and light up that help book all in one big puff and get prepared for a trip to outer space: population Noni.

I can't help it guys. I'm addicted to probating that salty book and can't be stopped. Hahahaha suck it.

Gonna sticky this thing. A big old help book head on a post as a warning.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Apr 21, 2015

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

elf help book posted:

God is merciful, not perma-banning your rear end for this transgression.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Louisgod posted:

I think better phrasing is "it's just not a game for me" instead of panning it as terrible and blaming groupthink for your decision. General consensus among critics and customers alike is that it's a fantastic game that broke JRPG cliches. If your idea of beating it is to spend 5 minutes playing it while taking a poo poo and running on a treadmill (what) then yeah, not the game for you.

Louisgod posted:

Bravely Default loving sucks. I gave my copy to a friend and he hated it too and I told him I didn't want it back. Buy SMT4 instead and learn to play a game with a real challenge.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So I was able to get ahold of a Majora's Mask N3DSXL. I bought a larger memory card for it as well, but I'm curious, can I switch the stock memory card out BEFORE I do the system transfer from my old 3DS or no?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Louisgod posted:

lol you're legitimately mad about this

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
ahh here come the ADTRW anime rejects..

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's funny because SMT4 isn't that hard.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Handsome Ralph posted:

So I was able to get ahold of a Majora's Mask N3DSXL. I bought a larger memory card for it as well, but I'm curious, can I switch the stock memory card out BEFORE I do the system transfer from my old 3DS or no?

Swapping the memory card's part of the process. It'll tell you to remove the SD card from your current 3DS and move stuff onto the new one and insert it during the transfer.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Louisgod posted:

That's right. I probated him(?). Ooooooh yeah, and it feel so drat good to probate him(?). You guys should try this poo poo sometimes. Daaaaaaaaammmn. Getting high on probating the help book. I'm gonna probate that book when he(?) gets back and just sit back and let that poo poo soak into my brain and tingly my spinal cord. Feels good. help book, rereg, dammit. I need a motherfucking fix.

What's nice when you smoke a help book is to let it post around 35 lovely threads and then BAM! Gas them all and light up that help book all in one big puff and get prepared for a trip to outer space: population Noni.

I can't help it guys. I'm addicted to probating that salty book and can't be stopped. Hahahaha suck it.

I just laughed inappropriately loudly at this while at work, so thanks for that. :thumbsup:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Louisgod posted:

ahh here come the ADTRW anime rejects..

:wave:

The music in Xenobalde Chronicles X is actually good, sorry

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

I've decided that Xenoblade is a pretty terrible game for 2015

Oh man, i guess we've been found out. All the people in the thread that love it are in on the big scam coordinated by louisgod. Your decision totally invalidates what everyone else feels about the game.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

queeb posted:

There are good armor designs and there are funny armor designs and there are also mind-blowingly lovely armor designs. Most of the latter ones find their way onto Sharla.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Supercar Gautier posted:

There are good armor designs and there are funny armor designs and there are also mind-blowingly lovely armor designs. Most of the latter ones find their way onto Sharla.

She seems pretty meh so far anyways, I tried playing has her and it was pretty boring, hopefully I get someone else soon!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Party Meiser posted:

Oh man, i guess we've been found out. All the people in the thread that love it are in on the big scam coordinated by louisgod. Your decision totally invalidates what everyone else feels about the game.

At least my scam to get people playing Xenoblade's still going strong. You lose this round, Louisgod :smuggo:.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

queeb posted:

She seems pretty meh so far anyways, I tried playing has her and it was pretty boring, hopefully I get someone else soon!

Sharla's pretty eh as a party member. You'll get a much better fourth member after the next dungeon and boss and you're free to never use Sharla ever again.

She's the white mage of the group, but in a game where your health regenerates on its own outside of battles, she's not nearly as useful as in other RPGs where you can only restore your health at certain points at a cost. You can make the argument that you don't have that healing in battles, but if you can maintain a strong enough offense, you can crush enemies before that becomes a problem.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Also, as the game progresses, you can unearth more and more ways to auto-heal while fighting. Look for skills like that on your trees, and link as many characters to them as you can. Keep an eye out for healing-related gems as well.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Neddy Seagoon posted:

At least my scam to get people playing Xenoblade's still going strong. You lose this round, Louisgod :smuggo:.

I'm probably saying too much but the commission checks I get from Nintendo for my Xenoblade campaign have been legit insane.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
With that said, Reyn and the fourth party member are both tanks (Reyn for HP, fourth party member for Dodge) so you may not want them to constantly be stealing aggro from each other. I personally use Shulk/fourth/Sharla until the fifth(?) party member (Melia) shows up, just because Sharla is a good healer and lets you punch a bit above your weight.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

On the other hand, having two aggro tanks means you can safely do whatever the gently caress you want to enemies as Shulk with impunity and the knowledge that someone's probably going to take that heat off of you very shortly, so Shulk/Reyn/Four is a very solid party! Xenoblade gives you a lot of options and doesn't punish you very harshly if your plans don't pan out, so feel free to experiment and come up with combinations you like.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Once I got Melia I just used her for the rest of the game cause her damage output is insane and the AI doesn't know how to use her at all.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Once I got Melia I just used her for the rest of the game cause her damage output is insane and the AI doesn't know how to use her at all.

This right here is important to note, if you don't enjoy controlling Melia then bench her because she's 100% useless as an AI companion.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Louisgod posted:

stop posting

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Louisgod posted:

ugh this post is still so bad

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it has aged like a stinky cheese, rather than a fine wine

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CUNNyNK-4w One of the few games I could wander around in for 100 hours and enjoy the sights also combat. Probably spoilers of the cool areas.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I have seen past the horrible group think in this thread, and have figured out it is in fact a good post.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I have seen past the horrible group think in this thread, and have figured out it is in fact a good post.

Wow thanks for dictating that I'm not allowed to dislike the post

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Awesome! posted:

ugh this post is still so bad

That's a ban.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I like the nintendo 3ds

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Kaubocks posted:

I like the nintendo 3ds

Me too! put 'er there, pal! :cool::hf::cool:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The nintendo 3DS is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Kaubocks posted:

I like the nintendo 3ds

But do you like the -`,new´,- Nintendo 3DS?