Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Little Mac posted:

Re: Pisscast: I do a weekly podcast and we try to keep it to no more than an hour. Over an hour, people tune out.

Also, I will gladly guest. We can talk about Michael Cole becoming a skeleton.

Pisscast should be as long as possible. 3 hours is an ok start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
The Pisscast is great when it isn't poaching talent or taking potshots :argh:

No but really I love it and hope you guys keep being awesome and fun for a long time.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

The Goog posted:

The Pisscast is great when it isn't poaching talent or taking potshots :argh:

No but really I love it and hope you guys keep being awesome and fun for a long time.

If wrestling has taught me anything, it is that healthy competition is good for podcastin'

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Is there anyway I can get a Podcast that starts just as RAW ends and stops just as the next week's RAW begins?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
new Attitude Era Podcast episode is...

the Wrestlemania Rage Party.

ok :geno:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It's just a bonus episode, they've done stuff that isn't PPVs before for bonus episodes. Plus Vince and Shane dancing to Isaac Hayes will NEVER stop being funny.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost
As someone who does a 4 hour podcast every week, gently caress man whatever

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 4: Jhon Cena Hsutle Lyoalty Rsepect

We had some thoughts about Hell in a Cell and decided to record them. This one is for all you busy people with very important things to do.

We actually enjoyed the show for the most part so I'm sorry if you wanted vitriol. I'm guessing that other podcast will have plenty of criticism for it (which is absolutely fair) but we're all about good vibes on the WHPC.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/098p91abss64cnx/004+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

oatgan fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 29, 2013

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

speaking of insane men taking to the internet airwaves in a pool of piss, Jim Cornette is starting his own podcast under the MLW umbrella in November.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

flashy_mcflash posted:

speaking of insane men taking to the internet airwaves in a pool of piss, Jim Cornette is starting his own podcast under the MLW umbrella in November.

Cool more ways for Cornette to get slapped with lawsuits.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

flashy_mcflash posted:

He had a podcast before on who's slammin who, and it was pretty entertaining. I could listen to him make quips about people all day long, Kenny Bolin especially. If you've never heard "The Great Debate", it's one of the best things that you have to understand wrestling to appreciate.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

PaybackJack posted:

He had a podcast before on who's slammin who, and it was pretty entertaining. I could listen to him make quips about people all day long, Kenny Bolin especially. If you've never heard "The Great Debate", it's one of the best things that you have to understand wrestling to appreciate.
I didn't hear the full thing but was that when Cornette confronted Bolin about the pork chops? That was hysterical.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
SECRET PLAN

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Perigryn posted:

I didn't hear the full thing but was that when Cornette confronted Bolin about the pork chops? That was hysterical.

A forty minute debate the crux of which was based on whether one guy was scamming a small supermarket chain over a few hundred dollars worth of meat.

It was amazing.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRafTer posted:

SECRET PLAN

Ooh can't wait.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

PaybackJack posted:

A forty minute debate the crux of which was based on whether one guy was scamming a small supermarket chain over a few hundred dollars worth of meat.

It was amazing.
"YOU GAVE THEM *MY* NAME!!!" XD

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MassRafTer posted:

SECRET PLAN

IT WAS NOT SO SECRET!!!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3WLVl3HRh0

An unaired OSWReview roundtable about Randy Savage. They recorded it just after he died and thought better of it in case it was seen as insensitive.

(Also, the first appearance of V2!)

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I have not forgotten the Rob Naylor/CM Punk podcast on Randy Savage that was never released due to Audio Corruption.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Having helped the Punchsport Podcast and the Pisscast get their iTunes feeds up and running, I wrote a blog about how to do it for free if you want to do that in the future.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Caller: "Do you think we'll ever see a TNA/Bellator co-PPV?"

Bryan: "uhh they'd both have to be dying"

Caller: "isn't that right now?"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Guys we've noticed you've been listening to another podcast so we've made some changes:

1. NO MORE GOOG. He's gone.

2. LONGER SHOWS. At one point I realized we were going at a reasonable pace so I started reading a list off wikipedia.

3. NO MORE GOOG.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

finally, no more googster to hold back the young podcasters and make it all about himself.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MassRafTer posted:

2. LONGER SHOWS. At one point I realized we were going at a reasonable pace so I started reading a list off wikipedia.

Accurate.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am so happy now that it will just be Hulkamatt, KFG and MRT, my favorite stable in PSP.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

sportsgenius86 posted:

Caller: "Do you think we'll ever see a TNA/Bellator co-PPV?"

Bryan: "uhh they'd both have to be dying"

Caller: "isn't that right now?"

Is the call in show worth the listen?

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

MassRafTer posted:

Guys we've noticed you've been listening to another podcast so we've made some changes:

3. NO MORE GOOG.

Stop hooging Goog.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

THE 10 COUNT - I STOLE THE OUTRO FROM JOJO

Topics:

01.) Hell In A Cell QUICK RECAP
02.) RAW - The Wyatt Family vs. Daniel Bryan/CM Punk???
03.) RAW - Big Show vs. HHH/Randy Orton
04.) RAW - Sandow Cashing In.
05.) Mashup themes? YAY OR NAY?
06.) WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Tajiri
07.) What is your favorite Sexual Cornbread memory?
08.) Carters possibly selling? Also other TNA related garbage.
09.) TNA ROSTER RUNDOWN - WOULD YOU CARE IF THIS PERSON WAS UNEMPLOYED?
10.) Since the end of the Alliance angle (so the last 12 years) has there been a worse booking decision than Brock Lesnar losing to Cena?

Will be on itunes whenever Goog is awake.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I would have linked you guys to the Sexual Cornbread thread, but DaSass doesn't work anymore.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

HulkaMatt posted:

Goog is awake; iTunes download is ready.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I found the Sexual Cornbread thread!

---------------

This idiot I knew when I was 14 was obsessed with wrestling to the point that he thought "dur since it's fake the moves are not dangerous and therefore don't hurt, so i can do them to anyone!!!@#!". So one day he DDT'd me at the playground and I couldn't move for 20 minutes, I thought I was going to be paralyzed for the rest of my life. Then he tries to climb a 10ft high slide and is going to moonsault himself onto me, probably more lucky for him than for me my friend kicked him off so he left. After 20 minutes I got up with the help of a couple of my friends, we then went to the kid's house and beat the holy hell out of him, the dumbfuck was still trying to do powerbombs and superkicks (complete with the Shawn Michaels 10 stomp build-up) while he was taking punches in the nose and stomach. I think the funniest part was him yelling at us to OPEN UP THOSE FISTS! (think Earl Hebner) because he had no idea this was a real asskicking. He managed to get one of my friends on the ground only to attempt a people's elbow, in which he yelled PEOPLE'S ELBOW OH NOOOOO and tried to rip off an armpad before me and friend #2 started kicking his rear end again.

I heard he's working at Burger King now and he's still a huge WWE fan and also attends tapings of TNA over at Universal Orlando almost religiously.

-------

It may seem like a load of bullshit, but I assure you the story is 100% accurate down to the moves he tried to do. He was just a weird kid who no one liked but thought he was friends with everyone, he came from a horrible family (6 brothers, 2 sisters from 4 different dads, his mom has HIV and I'm sure one of his many stepfathers has it too.) I never really hung out with him he just kinda started poo poo one day and we played along until I got DDT'd out of no where Jake The Sanem style.

Another quick story, he and some other kids decided to form a wrestling fed. in their backyards, they each came up with their own costumes, music (most stolen from several copies of WWF The Music Vol. x), and even had 2 kids do commentary at a makeshift table. This was at the height of Mark Henry's Sexual Chocolate gimmick, so this kid called himself Sexual Cornbread. He was so into it that he started to write his name on reports, homework, graded material "Sexual Cornbread". His mom was called into a teacher's conference and they told her that he needed help and suggested she take away his TV or block the wrestling because the kid was clearly way too into it. She refused and said that 'he's mature enough to know what is right and wrong."

She was pretty much the worst mother ever, but she bought the kid every PPV every WWF/WCW/Wrestling playstation game that was put out. And this kid kept getting worse and worse.

Anyway his little wrestling fed had a name but I can't remember the name of it. They made up belts out of cardboard and were so into it that they even attempted to put on shows in his backyard. They'd put stuff on people's doors giving the date/time, matches, and even had the balls to charge $2 for admission when if you wanted to see it bad enough you could watch it from any of the houses around his.

Cornbread would go to the playground and recruit 8 and 10 year old kids who didn't know any better and basically turn them into jobbers, everyone else his own age was either too smart or too strong for him to win clean. This went on for a couple weeks until he got busted breaking into some kid's house to steal some playstation games or something and was sent to detention for like 2 months.

-------------------------

The D'Lo Brown experiment.

Cornbread was always imitating other wrestlers. He’d come out and do the Road Dogg’s speech (Oh, you didn’t know?) act like Scott Hall (think Blue Meanie’s mocking of Scott Hall in BWO), and just do random wrestler things. He was always terrific at copying them, I never could figure out how he got everything perfected until one day my friend told me he had been over to Cornbread’s house. He said that Cornbread had hundreds of VHS tapes, under his bed, in the closet, stacked in the corner, with the dates and names of shows on them, he said he would watch the tapes until he got all the moves down, all the lines memorized, and all the outfits right. He'd then re-record over the tapes to record more shows for further studying.

[derail]
I just wanted to say that after a while no one called him by his real name Chris anymore, we called him Cornbread, and still do to this day. He works at Burger King and he has Cornbread written in ultra small letters on the bottom of his name tag, keep in mind he is now 22 years old.
[/derail]

Back to the story; one day, Cornbread found an old catcher’s chest protector at a yard sale near his house and got the idea of being D’Lo Brown. He bought it, took it home and cleaned it up, looked at several wrestling magazines (he had a subscription to just about every wrestling mag) and his collection of videos, and copied it drat near exact. He painted it solid black, then put aluminum foil on it so it had the same silver poo poo on it D’Lo’s did.

He then went and got the same exact buzzcut D'Lo had and dyed his hair from it's natural blonde to black. After that he walked around the neighborhood and even at school with the drat thing on shaking his head like he had tourette’s. You know the DX parody of the Nation? You know how Road Dogg played D’Lo? That is exactly the same way Cornbread was, EXACTLY. I don’t even think the DX parody had even come out; I think he was just that into character.

Anyway, he would walk around the neighborhood being D’Lo Brown. He’d slap his chest, spread his arms, and shake his head and yell at other kids, dogs, passing cars, trash cans, bushes telling them all how "THEY BETTER RECOGNIZE".

He would climb a tree and act like D’Lo did when he would climb a turn buckle to pose. He would then jump out of the tree and do the flog splash onto whoever his opponent was. This was stupid to say the least because the tree where he stood was probably 6-7 feet high and he was jumping onto solid, unforgiving ground. He'd also have to jump at an angle at times and would miss his landing completely. One day he tried a moonsault from the tree and ended up faceplanting the ground, knocking out 2-3 teeth. He didn't cry or even acted like he cared. In fact, he didn't even tell his mom until days later when she noticed his teeth were missing and took him to the dentist.

After that, he'd stick to his trampoline for his high flying moves, except for the time he saw Mick Foley’s “Dude Love jumps off the roof onto some mattresses” video and thought he could do that WITHOUT the mattresses.

I hope the use of spoiler tags is ok. I thought that some people may not want to know his name because that'd break kayfabe.

:siren: Cornbread myspace found
-----------

Hardcore Cornbread

Cornbread had recently seen Mick Foley’s famous dive from his rooftop onto his opponent below from when Foley was a kid. Most people saw this as a ballsy thing to do, Cornbread saw this as a challenge.

He determined he was going to top Foley’s jump and he was going to do it at one of his backyard shows one Saturday night. He went to the trouble and expense of handwriting all the flyers, cutting and pasting some pictures out of wrestling magazines and then making about 250 copies at Office Depot. He put the fliers on mailboxes, cars, doors, handed them out to people walking down the street, and put them up at school. Admission was $2 to this event, he even had a name for it, however I don’t remember it.

The card was mainly like 3 or 4 matches. One being a Trampoline Match with Sexual Cornbread as “Special Guest Referee”. A Trampoline match was just that, a match on a trampoline, you could not get off the trampoline unless you got thrown off.

The people in the match were named T-Pac, an equally stupid kid as Cornbread named Terrell , and The Punisher, a pretty smart kid he was a fatty and was an offensive lineman on his high school football team.

The match started and it was an awesome train wreck. T-Pac couldn’t do poo poo to Punisher because T-Pac was about 150lbs soaking wet and Punisher was close to 250. Cornbread figured this would be a good time for him to turn on Punisher and tried to DDT him on the trampoline. Problem is, Cornbread missed and Punisher hit the metal outer edge of the trampoline and broke his nose. Cornbread declared T-Pac the winner, Punisher went home and then later to the ER. His mom would show up the next day and yell at Cornbread’s mom for letting them do that in her backyard. Cornbread’s mom could care less. I think since she was getting child support from whoever his dad was, she didn’t give a poo poo about what happened to Cornbread, as long as she got her money.

It was now time for the main event Sexual Cornbread in a HARDCORE MATCH against a kid 5 years younger that was there because he desperately wanted to be Cornbread’s friend. Cornbread setup his stereo and came out to Welcome to The Jungle, he had changed his referee shirt (a white shirt with spray painted black lines) to a tie dye shirt and blue jeans. He came out and gave high fives to all his “fans” and even cut a promo about the stuff he was going to do to the little kid and talked about how Mick Foley wasn’t hardcore etc. He was really ahead of his time. The match started with Cornbread body slamming the kid into the pool. Only problem was, the kid couldn’t swim, and in between gurgles and yells of OMG I CAN’T SWIN HELP we ran over and grabbed the kid out of the pool. Cornbread said that this was a hardcore match and nothing was off limits so he better learn to swim next time, Cornbread was a great heel.

Cornbread then took a piece of cardboard and slammed it on the kids head, the kid didn’t sell it because after all, it’s a loving piece of cardboard. This pissed Cornbread off got a 5 gallon bucket and hit the kid with it, put it on the kid’s head and then drop kicked him into the wall. The kid took the bucket off his head and was on the verge of tears from the pain and probably the overall experience. Cornbread did his famous DDT and the pointed up to the sky like all the cool wrestlers do when they’re going to do a move off the top rope. He got a ladder out and placed it up against his house. He climbed the ladder and when he realized the kid was just laying on the ground he came back down and put the kid on the trampoline, whispered in his ear to stay there or he’ll kick him out of his wrestling fed.

He went back up to the roof and then yelled something that none of us understood and jumped off. The kid seeing this big, dumb, goofy looking guy falling off a roof onto him got scared and rolled off. Cornbread hit the trampoline and bounced a good 8 feet into the air and hit the ground rear end-first.

Cornbread got up and was screaming partly in pain and partly in anger that the kid moved. He banished the kid from EVER wrestling in the wrestling group ever again and said GET OUT OF MY YARD, YOU’RE NOT COMING TO MY BIRTHDAY PARTY NEXT SATURDAY. GO HOME, NOW.

The night ended with the little boy running home hoping not to get his rear end kicked and Cornbread saying he won and for someone to HIT MY MUSIC, he raised his cardboard belt with aluminum foil and glitter on it and went inside, telling us all to leave the show was over. But not before everyone laughed at him almost breaking his rear end.

---------------------

The Clothesline From Heaven

Cornbread went from D'Lo Brown to Acolytes Bradshaw, with a twist. Where Bradshaw was "bad" Cornbread decided he'd be "good".

He would try to teach people he met the dangers and hazards of drinking, smoking, driving fast, cursing, etc. He would announce that he was for hire if anyone needed help with bullies or homework (god help whoever took him and his 2.0 GPA up on the homework offer). Cornbread became a sort of youth pastor it seemed.

That leads us to his monthly, or sometimes bi-weekly, backyard show. Cornbread was, of course, the main event. He came out dressed in all black except for some white masking tape around the collar of his black button up shirt. He came out to "Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujaaaaaah. He was announced as Father Cornbread. He came to the "ring" pope style with bodyguards (his 2 younger brothers) and was blessing people as he would walk by them.

Once he was in his homemade ring he grabbed a megaphone and told everyone he was no longer Sexual Cornbread because he "had seen the light, my friends! Sex before marriage is a sin! And today, I'm going to send this sinner in the ring with me back to hell!"

The match started, and wouldn't you know it, Cornbread was kicking this 10 year old kid's rear end up and down the ring, on the lawn, and of course 4 or 5 body slams on the trampoline.

They got back in the ring and Cornbread put his hands together as if he was praying. He looked up and shouted Amen! then looked at the laying on his back in the ring, he stood him up and did the catholic cross on him and yelled out CLOTHESLINE FROM HEAVENNNNN. He then did a pretty decent clothesline on the kid followed by more praying and thanking God for making him strong enough to beat his enemy. Cornbread covered him and got the 1-2-3, then got up and his music, Hallelujah, played until he was inside his house.

Once he walked into his house, no one saw him again until the next day. He went inside and either watched TV, played WWF/WCW games, or went back to reviewing tapes for his next impersonation, Double J Jeff Jarrett.

--------------

Double C Cornbread

After Cornbread was D'Lo Brown, the next logical step was to pretend to be Double J Jeff Jarrett.

He stopped walking around shaking his head, he stopped wearing the chest protector, and he stopped saying YOU BETTER RECOGNIZE. It was a sad time for all, but then one day Cornbread found an old guitar in the trash.

The guitar acted as a muse and gave Cornbread the idea of being Double C Cornbread. He started getting his clothing together for his latest backyard match. Cowboy hat, check, guitar, check, friend who would come out and be his Road Dogg, check. Two weeks later he was ready for his debut as Double J Cornbread

The night was filled with the usual pre-teen kids trying to be cool and hang around The Cornbread. The main event was, of course, Double C Cornbread vs. a random 12 year old kid.

The boom box was setup on the back porch that was being remodeled into an enclosed bedroom for some of Cornbread’s brothers and sisters. His mother was pretty much a whore who got HIV then found out that being poor + having kids + being HIV positive = she could live like a king as long as she kept popping out kids.

Anyways, didn’t mean to derail...

The boom box was setup on the porch, and if I recall Cornbread’s music for the night was a Travis Tritt song Trouble (lyrics: I smell T-R-O-U-B-L-EEEE).

He came out guitar in hand and was doing a good job being Double C Cornbread, his opponent was, of course, already in the ring.

The match started and wouldn’t you know it, Cornbread was kicking rear end! A move that sticks out in my mind was when Cornbread took his cowboy hat off, placed it on the face of the kid, Cornbread then drop kicked the poor kid in the stomach. The kid having the wind knocking out of him was gasping for air and Cornbread saw this as the perfect time for a little song.

He grabbed his guitar from Road Dogg (who all the while was cheering on Double C), setup a chair and started to randomly strum his new prop.

Finally, the kid got his air back and Cornbread hit the kid over the back with the loving guitar. It didn’t break, think The Sanem getting whacked on the back by Honky Tonk Man.

Cornbread told the kid to ‘GET UP BOY!’ and hit the kid again with the guitar, this time it cracked. I’m nervous to think what would’ve happened if the guitar didn’t get damaged the second time.

In the end, Cornbread won his match and once again went back inside to study what his next match would be.

Hey, remember when Undertaker started the Ministry?

----------------------

The Ministry of Cornbread

Well, Double C Cornbread ended and Minister Cornbread was born. Basically to make a very long story short, Cornbread went and got all his pre-teen fans and “converted” them.

This played out over several weeks. Some random kid would be having a match in Cornbread’s backyard and Cornbread would come out in black hooded robe and grab the kid. He’d do some hosed up sign of the cross or something on the kid. After that, said kid would become possessed or something and do whatever Cornbread told him to do.

Like I said, this went on for several weeks then finally it all came together one night at the backyard wrestling extravaganza.

Since this was low budget, Cornbread’s ring was lit by 2 really big spotlights wired to his screen porch. After the last match of the night the lights went off. Everyone wasn’t sure what was going on until it happened.

The voice of the Undertaker came over the boom box, speaking in tongues.

It was the ministry’s theme. Out walked Cornbread, covered by a large, black, robe draped over his head and all the way down to his shin. He walked very slow, and seemed to be in slow motion. Behind him? Well picture a dozen or so 13-14 year old kids desperate for attention and to be accepted into the ultra cool wrestling show.

Cornbread got into his ring. His entire ministry bowed before him, he slowly took the robe off his head and rolled his eyes back into his head. He raised his arm Kane-style and the lights came back on.

He surveyed the people in attendance, there was about 15-20 people there in his backyard, many people just watched the stupidity from neighbor’s yards and laughed, he then raised his ministry as if to say “get up”.

He talked for what seemed like forever about his new Ministry, how and why he picked those people that he did, how the Ministry would be the ultimate force in his backyard wrestling fed. How no one could stop them, etc, etc.

Then in a real :wtf: moment, some other random music came on and boom, it’s Cornbread’s little loving brother running out and into the ring. He tries to get to the Bread, but is stopped by Cornbread’s Ministry.

Holy poo poo, it’s an angle, Cornbread actually made a loving angle.

Part 2 coming shortly, got some things to do at work first. Sorry for the tease, I figured a tease was better than no story.

-----

And that was the last we heard from munkynum. =(

Someone did make this awesome photoshop that was still working:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MassRafTer posted:

3. NO MORE GOOG.

You have taken away every reason I listen. Ideal podcast is Goog talking to himself for 15 minutes, tbh.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

HulkaMatt posted:

Topics:

10.) Since the end of the Alliance angle (so the last 12 years) has there been a worse booking decision than Brock Lesnar losing to Cena?

You amateurs couldn't even go two hours.

Hey what the heck KFG jumped ship again. No!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

Topics:

nut bunnies when is your album coming out

also I don't know where KFG learned that language but the Pisscast is a family show!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I feel like I was not as mean to TNA as I should have been.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
On the Punk thing you guys were talking about: I think the thing that ultimately "saved" Punk was that they got Rock for the two pre-Mania dates this year and knew they had to build somebody other than Cena, so they started portraying Punk crazy strong from about June 2012 on in anticipation of needing him a crazy strong Rock foe for January and February. But yeah, I think screwing up Punk in 2011 is probably the second worst recent one after screwing up Lesnar; even now he's a pretty average number 2 and I don't think he has any promotional ace type potential left.

The common thread in both of those is completely unnecessary clean jobs to Triple H. Shocker.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

jeffersonlives posted:

On the Punk thing you guys were talking about : I think the thing that ultimately "saved" Punk was that they got Rock for the two pre-Mania dates this year and knew they had to build somebody other than Cena, so they started portraying Punk crazy strong from about June 2012 on in anticipation of needing him a crazy strong Rock foe for January and February. But yeah, I think screwing up Punk in 2011 is probably the second worst recent one after screwing up Lesnar; even now he's a pretty average number 2 and I don't think he has any promotional ace type potential left.

The common thread in both of those is completely unnecessary clean jobs to Triple H. Shocker.

In a sense, I'd say the Punk screw up in 2011 is worse simply because Lesnar's salary and limited dates probably leave him with a lesser ROI even if handled correctly.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Song idea: ~25:07 - Dave Meltzer "Um Um Um Um" to the tune of "Ma ma ma ma" from Poker Face

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Shaman of Cum posted:

Song idea: ~25:07 - Dave Meltzer "Um Um Um Um" to the tune of "Ma ma ma ma" from Poker Face

I support this. The rahhhhhhhhhhhh I'm a monster song is still my favorite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

sportsgenius86 posted:

In a sense, I'd say the Punk screw up in 2011 is worse simply because Lesnar's salary and limited dates probably leave him with a lesser ROI even if handled correctly.

It's a tough call. With Lesnar you have a pretty known drawing commodity that they should have been able to use to do some really cool stuff with stories, in the ring, and at the box office, and instead they cooled him by beating him in what was far too much of a throwaway first match and then that Triple H feud and doing the Mania job for Hunter just loving murder-death-killed his ability to be anything special outside of maybe one match with Taker.

With Punk, there's no guarantee that you strike fire even without kneecapping him, but of course the upside had it played out well and worked is that you have your next Steve Austin type figure and get the next boom. I don't think there was a great chance of that happening, but it's probably the only time in the post-Invasion era where it felt like there was a real chance, and then they did all the dumb poo poo with the interim title and deadweighted him with Triple H and Nash burials and jobbed him to make sure he knew he wasn't bigger than the company or whatever.

• Locked thread