Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The wiz is an n-word.

fuckin normans reeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

strong bird posted:

i seriously cant believe hat this thread + m,ap gaming community as a whole cant recognize that the loving wiz is the source of all the bad decisions in every single game hes ever touched. his claim to fame is compiling a mod pack and they made him like lead designer or whatever and every game he was lead on has gone downhill fast

I don't like anyone at Paradox but i blame Johan for their dumb rear end DLC policy strangling their games

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't like anyone at Paradox but i blame Johan for their dumb rear end DLC policy strangling their games

Let's be fair before the invention of DLC they had a policy of games being crashing-to-desktop unplayable from launch until the first expansion.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

dlc has also allowed them to support their games, for better or worse, for about 1000x longer than the average dev studio does

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

strong bird posted:

dlc has also allowed them to support their games, for better or worse, for about 1000x longer than the average dev studio does

this is actually bad. they should have started working on ck3 ages ago instead of doing dumb poo poo like adding tibet and satanists

strong bird
May 12, 2009

ur not wrong my dude

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Glitterhoof

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

P-Mack posted:

Let's be fair before the invention of DLC they had a policy of games being crashing-to-desktop unplayable from launch until the first expansion.

Hmm. So the common thread between two eras of terrible support for Paradox games is Johan.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

johan kicks rear end

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

such a successful addition that there are now bear and cat characters with their own unique art and culture

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

strong bird posted:

johan kicks rear end

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
CORNFLAKES IS FINALLY HERE LADS

😧🇵🇱

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lmao if the monarchists win the German civil war the new fascist leader in Argentina is a mysterious man known as "Señor Hilter"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Lmao if the monarchists win the German civil war the new fascist leader in Argentina is a mysterious man known as "Señor Hilter"

Lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Plutonis posted:

lmfao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

He gets the censor shadow on the German version too loo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plutonis posted:

lmfao

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I got a kewl Castile/Spain game going.

I fabricated a claim on Bordeaux after vassalising Navarra and then declared war on England, taking Pale in the peace deal. I then allied Scotland and vassalised Tyrone, feeding them the rest of Ireland. I then used Ireland as a staging ground to invade England proper, releasing Wales as a vassal and taking London. It's 1550 and as well as owning all of Iberia, (except for a vassalised, colonising Portugal) a large chunk of France and southern Italy, as well as all of Morocco and Tlemcen, (the former fed to Fez, the latter given to Aragon and then integrated via decision) I also own the majority of the British Isles and have majority control of the end node, as well as Genoa and of course, Sevilla. The BI didn't fire but if I had I would be in an even more dominant position. I am 400 dev ahead of the #2 GP, Ottomans.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hearts of Iron IV has been boring me to tears so it's back to Europa for this gamer

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There's a space 4x in one of the humble bundles, Halcyon 6. Anyone played it?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1348086328 loving finally.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Check other stuff I have worked on, especially Equestria at War :)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Crusader Kings II is free to add to your Steam library today

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

who the hell is reading this thread and didnt already get it for 50 cents a decade ago

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
*raises paw*

e; honestly that period in history didn't interest me even a year ago. Picking up EUIV last fall kinda changed that. It's my understanding that you can poison your relatives in CKII though, unlike EUIV...

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 6, 2018

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

elf help book posted:

who the hell is reading this thread and didnt already get it for 50 cents a decade ago

I've got a few friends who haven't got it, unfortunately. So thanks for the heads-up Lumpy - I've spammed them all about it, now. :D (Now all they need to do is spend a pile of money on all the expansions, so they can actually do whatever they want without features being locked, heh)

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I bought this years ago but am only playing it for the first time. I became best friends with my marshal but then I hosed his wife and had a kid before he found out. Now he hates me and my wife hates me but I keep having kids with his wife anyway. This game rules

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Crusader Kings II is awesome especially without the 20 layers of DLC stuff to worry about.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

humble bundle has a big sale on sci-fi games and stellaris: utopia, leviathans, and synthetic dawn are included. they any good? stellaris feel like a more complete game yet?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Utopia is good, the traditions are basically EU4’s ideas system but every time you finish a tree you can also pick an ascension perk, which are pretty big bonuses, some of which are gamechanging, and the new government types like hive minds, fanatic purifiers, etc are pretty fun for a gimmick run. Building ring worlds and Dyson spheres and orbital habitats and stuff seems cool too but I’m a serial restarter so I haven’t ever gotten that far. I’d recommend Leviathans but it’s missable, it just adds a few big monsters and such to the map that are really dangerous but give a lot of loot when killed or when a quest is completed or whatever, depending on the leviathan. I skipped Synthetic Dawn because I basically only play spiritualist empires but if you want to play as robots you’ll need that one.

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 19, 2018

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Crusader Kings II is awesome especially without the 20 layers of DLC stuff to worry about.

You should buy and own all the dlc at full price.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’m finally gonna be able to map game again soon and I’m scared of the three years worth of expansions and cosmetics I have to buy. :negative:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lets do mp kaiserreich imps

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Someone tell me why I can't form Great Britain.

(Scotland is my vassal.)

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Bottom line, england has too many cities.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i believe that's the conditions for scotland forming great britain, there's two sets of All of the following must be true there (first one for england, second one for scotland), only one of which must be true

other than that i don't know op

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

oddium posted:

i believe that's the conditions for scotland forming great britain, there's two sets of All of the following must be true there (first one for england, second one for scotland), only one of which must be true

other than that i don't know op

The problem was that I had made Scotland a march, which apparently doesn't count as a vassal for the purpose of forming GB.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Think I'm done with this KR run. Went from Austria to Austria-Hungary to German Empire.

My bigass sphere of alliance, encompassing the Italian states i dismembered, US (sans East Coast), Carlist Spain, Ireland, Duchy of Britanny (lol) and the entire Balkans.

My incredibly Gross Reich. Sorry about the retarded russians loving up the borders.