Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Cams, you are a weird gross hostile dipshit. Please don't speak to or about me.
but you bring up so many good points in these threads how can i help from wanting to participate in your brilliance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

...With Special Guest, Lauren Lapkus this week is the Tom Leykis Radio Show

just sayin

cams
Mar 28, 2003

boxcarhobo posted:

...With Special Guest, Lauren Lapkus this week is the Tom Leykis Radio Show

just sayin
Curious if Lauren's character will be going with or against Tom. Adomian's "Tom Leykis" with no one to be disgusted by him and keep him in check seems terrifying.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I've only listened to the first 15 minutes and I almost died because it was just Tom telling you how unfettered he is now that he has a podcast and no Radio Overlords, and also pressing every button on the sound board too many times with his fat fingers

you can hear Lauren loving dying in the background trying to stifle her own laughter

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

oh god i missed leykis

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

"That was a very long air raid siren"

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Weird Al Yankovic?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Anyone who is thinking....hmmmm maybe I shouldn't listen to that new Lapkus podcast is a PUSSY! (Knowwhatimtalkinbbbababout)

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I DON'T CAARE

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
The first 30 or so minutes are just Adomian ranting as Leykis without any Lauren Lapkus. It's sort of incredible.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

VagueRant posted:

The first 30 or so minutes are just Adomian ranting as Leykis without any Lauren Lapkus. It's sort of incredible.
I could listen to Adomian do Leykis all day long.

Thanks for the heads up on that episode, I would have never come across it.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That one point when Adomian broke and let out a huge laugh was great.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Just a heads up for people who love Adomian's Leykis who have never listened to the Todd Glass Show: he's even better on there.

Todd and Adomian bounce off each other so well. But you also have to deal with the positives and negatives of the Todd Glass Show, if that's a big turnoff for you. Just think of it as a sketch show being written in real time and you're good.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

feedmyleg posted:

Just a heads up for people who love Adomian's Leykis who have never listened to the Todd Glass Show: he's even better on there.

Todd and Adomian bounce off each other so well. But you also have to deal with the positives and negatives of the Todd Glass Show, if that's a big turnoff for you. Just think of it as a sketch show being written in real time and you're good.
This is pretty much all the Leykis he did a couple years ago (episode 102), edited down to just those parts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoExG1nJ3hM

I've lost track, anyone know if he's been on since then?

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Gillian Jacobs and PFT. Deleted without listening, boom

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

These marriage songs are great.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
This is a pft tour de force and the guy from Men at Work is a surprisingly good sport.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

A Big... Dog posted:

lol you a bitch

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Was a little surprised to realise that this was PFT's first episode of 2015. And I'm very pro Gilly/PFT eps, although would be cool to get one of her with someone else some time, her first one with Andy Daly is great (even though that's most people's least favourite Andy Daly character).

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

GraPar posted:

her first one with Andy Daly is great (even though that's most people's least favourite Andy Daly character).

But he's God!

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

A Big... Dog posted:

lol same, in spirit, even though Im going to listen to it

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The 40 minute discussion of The Inhumans in this episode is my favorite bit in Comedy Bang Bang history.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
40 minutes?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
What really struck me is that PFT didn't seem to know that Aunt May occasionally dates Doc Ock.
e: pretty bad epi imho

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Great episode, PFT jumps between characters pretty well. Would be interesting to hear an episode of him and Daly just doing characters at each other.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
He definitely looks like a doctor with doctor arms.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
This episodes funny as poo poo. But it should have been titled A Fortnight of Zach Braff Meetings.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

kdrudy posted:

Great episode, PFT jumps between characters pretty well. Would be interesting to hear an episode of him and Daly just doing characters at each other.

Seen this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSbfCwWDrTc

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

A Big... Dog posted:

sorry

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Margaux :allears:

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
This was the perfect episode.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Gilly...

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
The episode is worth it just for PFT's guffaw at 7:00.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The Michael Jackson pedophile joke was the best.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

soggybagel posted:

The Michael Jackson pedophile joke was the best.

Also Paul begging Scott to stop taking about Bill Cosby.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Also Paul begging Scott to stop taking about Bill Cosby.

I'm still not sure whether Paul was unconformable because Cosby's son was murdered or because Cosby raped all those women.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Poopy Palpy posted:

I'm still not sure whether Paul was unconformable because Cosby's son was murdered or because Cosby raped all those women.

When I saw CBB live with Bobby Moynihan, PFT brought up Dana Plato, and five minutes of Plato callbacks later, he publicly admitted he was ashamed to have ever brought her up. However, he still managed to stay in character as Alan Thicke.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
On a sort of related to CBB note, UPROXX wrote an article about UCB featuring such gems as:

quote:

SANZ: I got arrested on the street leading a fake riot. I had a fake torch and would say, “Kill Rostenkowski,” who was the congressman at that time — he was going through some trouble. So, I was chanting, “Kill Rostenkowski,” and we were leading our audience to a virtual riot. I saw the blue cop car come, I saw the blue lights on my face, so I made a decision. I’m either going to beg for forgiveness in front of the audience or just pretend it’s part of the show. When the cops pulled over they arrested me and threw me in the car, and I didn’t say anything. I just kept saying, “Fight the power! Kill Rostenkowski.” I thought, “Oh, wow. If I was watching this, I would be like, ‘what the f*ck?’ How did he get a cop car to come in and arrest that dude?” To me, it was the coolest thing you could be watching.

quote:

BESSER: F*cked Up and Illegal Videos, [was] the show Walsh and I used to host. You can’t even say this stuff, it makes it seem too crazy. It’s like Vegas — what happens in the theatre — but I don’t know. I have a memory of Neil Campbell tying a ribbon to Paul Rust’s penis and leading him around like a dog probably emblazoned on my brain forever.

Go read it, it's a pretty rad article: http://uproxx.com/media/2015/02/ucb-oral-history/

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Makes you wonder what the Bachelor Brothers would be like if they were a visual performance rather than audio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
The Oral History Of Del Close Marathon After 2 AM

"Well we just wandered around naked in front of 6 sleeping people for like 40 minutes" - Thort Hambone

"We were punk rock, which means I put a stick in my butt and said I was a tree. Now that's improv baby" - Teenus Boopy

"We basically played theater kid grabass for a while and then left" - Rump Histler