Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

excuse me lady posted:

Classic Sepp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So we have had Jurgen Klopp get found out twice, mourinho melt down and get sacked, Leicester be top of the table at christmas, a team get beat so badly the manager compares the experience to being sexually abused and now Sepp and Platini get effective life bans from football. Is there any way 2015 can get better for football.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Byolante posted:

So we have had Jurgen Klopp get found out twice, mourinho melt down and get sacked, Leicester be top of the table at christmas, a team get beat so badly the manager compares the experience to being sexually abused and now Sepp and Platini get effective life bans from football. Is there any way 2015 can get better for football.

Manchester United Football Club could go bankrupt and dissolve as a Christmas present, but other than that it's been a pretty good year.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

Qatar could finally be announced as a former World Cup host

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Byolante posted:

team get beat so badly the manager compares the experience to being sexually abused

must have missed that one, which game was that

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
This is a nice early Christmas present.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Uh
Eh
Eff
Ah

President Michel Plattini suspended according to american cnn lady

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
Qatari slaves died, while Michel Platini cried (about being found out as a corrupt fucker).

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Fiican Farah, daughter of Somali football administrator Addo Farah‬, reacts on Facebook to Blatter's suspension:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ephex posted:

Fiican Farah, daughter of Somali football administrator Addo Farah‬, reacts on Facebook to Blatter's suspension:

nice meltdown

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
gently caress you, Bush
It’s time to get out of Iraq, Bush
What were you even doing there in the first place?, Bush
You didn’t even get properly elected, Bush
Are you happy now?, Bush
gently caress you, Bush

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's a meltdown but it's a pretty good one. Reminds you that Blatter wasn't just some money-pinching white collar criminal but a dude who legit ruined careers and lives.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Sepp I know you love football and FIFA and I'm sorry you have to go through this. If they really don't let you attend games just come by my apartment I just bought a 4K TV

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Byolante posted:

Chelsea relegated ?

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

jre posted:

Chelsea relegated ?

I don't think that can happen in 2015, mate

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

franks posted:

Anything can happen if you believe

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

franks posted:

It's a time of miracles

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Dunban posted:

nice meltdown

it is good and cool, yes

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

ephex posted:

Well hell's bells,

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Insanely Sikh posted:

This press conference is sort of making me like Blatter, what a skilled linguist he is

The only thing he can't speak...is the truth.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

dex_sda posted:

must have missed that one, which game was that

quote:

“We feel humiliated and abused. This doesn’t benefit Madrid, or us or Spanish football. We’ve lost a lot of credibility,” the 45-year-old told AS. “Nobody won, we all lost. It’s shameful, a disgrace. These are things which happen and I hope that we don’t see it happening again anywhere else.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/21/rayo-vallecano-manager-abused-real-madrid-10-2-win

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

ty, I don't really follow la liga

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

That's some top-quality deflection, right there.

"Nobody won today, particularly not the team that put ten goals past us. It's a shame, really."

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

FullLeatherJacket posted:

"Nobody won today, particularly not the team that put ten goals past us. It's a shame, really."

You don't watch la liga how could you possibly know what happened? that was the saddest game RM has won in a long time, even Marca just had a little side piece on their cover about the game.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

FullLeatherJacket posted:

This kind of concrete thinking is not a good trait in adults

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

African AIDS cum posted:

This kind of concrete thinking is not a good trait in adults
Shocking how many are exposed when things go tits up!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
FIFA presidential candidate Jerome Champagne says US should host 2022 World Cup if corruption proved in Qatar bid

quote:

One of the contenders for the FIFA presidency said Tuesday the United States should host the 2022 World Cup if Qatar is stripped of the tournament.

FIFA presidential candidate Jerome Champagne told French radio station RTL on Tuesday that FIFA should give hosting rights to the second-place bidder if corruption is proved in Qatar’s win.

“It should not be a revote but apply the IOC’s legal precedent, giving the gold medal to the silver medalist,” Champagne said.

Qatar won the rights to host the 2022 World Cup in December 2010, beating the US 14-8 in the final round of FIFA executive committee voting. Allegations of corruption have dogged the Qatar bid for years, though Champagne, the former FIFA international relations director, made clear on Tuesday that he isn’t jumping to that conclusion.

“The presumption of innocence must also go to the Qataris,” he said.

Champagne is one of five candidates for the Feb. 26 FIFA presidential election. He’s the only candidate scheduled to appear in Brussels on Wednesday to meet with European lawmakers for an event that was originally scheduled as a debate between all five.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I love the name Jerome Champagne.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
How does Tokyo Sexwhale feel?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

ayb posted:

How does Tokyo Sexwhale feel?

He's doing a lot of blubbering.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I'd rather that Bahraini torturer get the presidency than USA get another world cup before England (:qq:)

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Or the US in general getting another World Cup. 1994 was the loving worst.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The USA is hosting Copa America this year

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

blue footed boobie posted:

He's doing a lot of blubbering.

He's probably blubbering to Sepp, who in turn is pissing and moaning.

Meanwhile Champagne is feelin' crisp and bubbly.

ok ill stop now

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Healbot posted:

Or the US in general getting another World Cup. 1994 was the loving worst.

Hope you like watching your countrymen getting rug burn at CenturyLink Field's field turf while american football lines are drawn at 2 AM GMT.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
All the world cups held in non-footballing countries have been loving awful. just hold them in Latin America and Europe and that's it, no need to have one in Australia or India or loving China.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Korea/Japan wasn't awful.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

El Hefe posted:

Latin America

No third world countries

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

I wonder if it's too far gone to go back to Brazil and let them reap the benefits of their infrastructure projects one last time.

ayb posted:

No third world countries
USA out, who's up next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hoops posted:

Korea/Japan wasn't awful.

Everything except the bought referees was ok I guess.