Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

FWT THE CUTTER posted:

Luckily I have a bomb, but if I didn't how are you supposed to get through this room? It seems impossible. What am I missing :confused:

If this room doesn't get removed in the next patch I'm going to be Mad At Video Games.

Speaking of unwinnable rooms, I had the room with the spiders on the far wall with the big pit between them and I also had Number 1. I let the game sit for two minutes and the doors didn't pop open. Maybe you're supposed to wait longer but I lost patience and tried to push tears over with momentum and ended up dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

FWT THE CUTTER posted:

Luckily I have a bomb, but if I didn't how are you supposed to get through this room? It seems impossible. What am I missing :confused:

Usually rooms like that will spawn in a bomb at your feet if you enter with none.

Beat Suicide King by picking up the trinket that makes your shots spin. The arc it gave the Ipecac made it so I could lob it at almost point blank but still not get blown up. Everything else was just a bonus. :toot:

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Ror posted:

You can also use seeds for challenges and still complete them. You just enter them under NG and then go to the challenge. :ssh:

you fuckin wot mate

Quick, someone give me a good seed (preferably one with a dice room) for Suicide King.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Just bought this yesterday, I had played the original a bit years ago but remembered little. Beat Mom on the first run and her heart on my 5th or 6th run. Azazel seems strong as gently caress.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

you fuckin wot mate

Quick, someone give me a good seed (preferably one with a dice room) for Suicide King.

Just use COCKFGHT as your seed, and you'll rarely need to even fire a shot, as enemies will wipe each other out for you.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Ashsaber posted:

Just use COCKFGHT as your seed, and you'll rarely need to even fire a shot, as enemies will wipe each other out for you.
:aaaaa: This makes those challenges with no tears so much more bearable. Still drat hard in places, but you don't spend twenty minutes trying to hit a spider with the hairball.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

limited posted:

:aaaaa: This makes those challenges with no tears so much more bearable. Still drat hard in places, but you don't spend twenty minutes trying to hit a spider with the hairball.

Also super annoying if you get multiple of the Skull turret guys because they walk at each other and then never become hit-able because they're constantly hitting each other.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Pacifist might work. Do status effect tears still work with Pacifist?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Ashsaber posted:

Well, that worked. It honestly still wasn't easy but at least it's done.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
I'm trying out C0NF ETT1 for the perma concussion for Suicide King, and while I assume it is easier it still suuuuuucks.

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008
Just quit out on an Eden run because I was going for the Dark Room and picked up the polaroid. I made special care to avoid the spawn area at the end of the fight, when mom's foot hit me, simultaneously killing mom due to a sin heart and blasting me straight towards the loving polaroid. Not cool.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Doctor Goat posted:

Pacifist might work. Do status effect tears still work with Pacifist?

Just tried Pacifist Purist. Thank goodness there's a limit to how many adds a boss can have at once. I lucked into a We Need To Go Deeper in a Devil Room, but didn't use it when I got to Mom. Should have. It's hard to run circles around monsters when Mom's eye/hand shows up at random doors.

You still get boss drops when you time out bosses, and if you get into a Devil/Angel room, the boss drop and level exit will still be there when you return. But every time you go into a room with a boss, you have to time it out, so better hope Chub doesn't show up at a crossroads when you're not sure where to go.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Ashsaber posted:

Doing this with Beans! now and it's working like a charm. Works much better than PAC1 F1ST which I tried first since rooms will mostly clear themselves.

Also, any bosses that spawn enemies are magical.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Speaking of COCK FGHT, it turns out that the 2 parts of Gemini (or at least the Steven variant) are considered separate enemies.

EDIT: it's also true for ultra pride.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 8, 2014

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

GeneX posted:

Speaking of COCK FGHT, it turns out that the 2 parts of Gemini (or at least the Steven variant) are considered separate enemies.

That's amazing!

Also...HUGS!

Almost every room is like this, it's really hard to actually get good pictures of how silly this seed is. Globons are especially great because they'll kill each other, then the blobs run away, and it takes forever for them to kill each other.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 8, 2014

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.

Okay no more worrying about Meat Boy or Bandage Girl.

Placenta + Sharp Plug + D6 is pretty great.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The D4 is really fun!

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

And that's all challenges complete! I don't know why I hadn't done Lemon Party earlier except laziness.

Also, COCKFGHT or not, Monstro II and Red Mom are the most frustrating bosses to get during Beans! I imagine Mask would have been worst but gently caress Monstro/MonstroII and their immunity to bombs/AOE whenever they travel via hopping.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

It turns out Ipecac is... interesting with spectral tears. You can fire through rocks, but you can't explode your shots on walls so no free secret rooms. Then I got Rubber Cement for laughs. It nullified spectral tears and my shot bounced off mushrooms, skulls etc :haw:

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

AnonSpore posted:

Azazel annoys me because he's so one-note. I play this game for all the crazy things I can get to alter my setup, but Azazel can already fly and his "tears" already pierce terrain and enemies and are changed by almost nothing. I haven't touched him since I got his unlocks.

I can definitely see that. It's kind of interesting to me learning to joust with him to manage his short range. But yeah I don't really care for how few interactions there are with his attack. Easy or hard he would wear thin just because almost every playthrough, your stats and attacks are going to be virtually identical. I finally got brimstone with him once and yeah, everything up to and including satan was a chump.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Since Edmund is taking suggestions for items on Reddit, have any of you made suggestions to him? I made one based around Magic the Gathering (since he loves it and made a card for Wizards recently) where your tears turn into cards (looks like Chaos Card) that adds a combination of five effects based on the five MTG colors. Red is burn (ala Fire Mind), Blue would give the chance to drop a consumable item, Black is a fear, White is petrify, Green explodes like Ipecac. I was thinking of it being a mode like Guppy called Planeswalker where you have picked up 3 different card items (Black Lotus counts) in the game. Does that sound too broken?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I want an Isaac who cries tiny Isaacs as projectiles

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
This is a few pages back, but I'm just chiming in with another confirmation that killing Mom will indeed spawn the Polaroid under you at least some of the time.

Also this seed/ challenge mode thing owns and I hope someone gets it working for Lost unlocks somehow

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Cicadalek posted:

This is a few pages back, but I'm just chiming in with another confirmation that killing Mom will indeed spawn the Polaroid under you at least some of the time.

Also this seed/ challenge mode thing owns and I hope someone gets it working for Lost unlocks somehow

I don't think that would work, unfortunately. I think the reason it works with challenges is because both disable achevements, but you get your achievement at the end of a challenge run anyways, so it might just be a glitch to do with that.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
All y'all using seeds to do the challenge mode are weak as hell. I mean yea enjoy your single player game the way you want but IMO unlike the lost (which is dumb), almost all the challenges are actually interesting takes on the BoI formula.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Isaac's Tears + Chocolate Milk is my new favorite combo. I have parasite and dead onion in there so the screen just blanks out like that for several seconds after hitting Isaac's Tears then it instantly recharges.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

RiskyChris posted:

All y'all using seeds to do the challenge mode are weak as hell. I mean yea enjoy your single player game the way you want but IMO unlike the lost (which is dumb), almost all the challenges are actually interesting takes on the BoI formula.

Especially Suicide King, since the unlock from it sucks (unless you've got multiple lives, but I've never had that happen). You might as well just download a 111% save if you're going to scum basic challenges.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

RiskyChris posted:

I already had them but I didn't know the Vita version deletes your saves if you remove the game, and I had to download another game for a bit.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Waffleopolis posted:

Since Edmund is taking suggestions for items on Reddit, have any of you made suggestions to him?

I just posted a suggestion of an item that causes tear effecting items to have the same effect on familiars.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

You're pretty good.

RiskyChris posted:

Amen to this. What the hell are you people doing?

"I can't shoot ipecac too good. Guess I'll cheat my way through these challenging challenges. Heyy, it's still not FULLY easy!"

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Waffleopolis posted:

Since Edmund is taking suggestions for items on Reddit, have any of you made suggestions to him? I made one based around Magic the Gathering (since he loves it and made a card for Wizards recently) where your tears turn into cards (looks like Chaos Card) that adds a combination of five effects based on the five MTG colors. Red is burn (ala Fire Mind), Blue would give the chance to drop a consumable item, Black is a fear, White is petrify, Green explodes like Ipecac. I was thinking of it being a mode like Guppy called Planeswalker where you have picked up 3 different card items (Black Lotus counts) in the game. Does that sound too broken?

I'm honestly surprised that in a game with as many poop jokes, items, even animated poop as enemies/bosses there's no item called the shart. For a nice pun have it give extra hearts and/or soul heart drops from breaking breaking poop tiles, maybe rename it to "sheart" to make the pun more obvious.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hahahahahahaha

Playing as Azazel and just found Tammy's Head

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008
How exactly does dead cat and curse rooms work for the Lost? Sometimes I'll respawn outside the curse room minus one life, other times I'll continually respawn inside and get stuck.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Felix_Cat posted:

How exactly does dead cat and curse rooms work for the Lost? Sometimes I'll respawn outside the curse room minus one life, other times I'll continually respawn inside and get stuck.

I found it made it more likely to put you on the outside if you slowly sidled up to the door in little bursts.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?

Captain Invictus posted:

hahahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I swear, the odds of finding Ludivico Technique on the first floor with him seems to increase by like 500%. I'll enter a treasure room and just think "Oh, cool, guess I'm winning this run."

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 31, 2022

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Captain Invictus posted:

hahahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

One of the most beautiful sights in the game. :allears:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

I think the game's annoyed I got the Forget Me Now on the first floor and after beating the boss rerolled it into an XL floor.

Edit: It also spawned 3-4 dark rocks and precisely 0 bombs or keys for me to pick up.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Dec 8, 2014

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
That's some bullshit, you weren't even on hard mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Honestly if you want to make a challenge easy just use a seed that gives you dark bum on the second floor devil.